Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nidhi AggarwalYour feedback matters!
• Do not drink more than 2 – 3 cups of tea/coffee during summer; it tends to dehydrate your body. It is diuretic that leads to loss of water from body
• Ensure 8 – 10 glasses of water each day
• Load yourself with water based fruits & vegetables like watermelon, musk melon, apple, peach, blueberries, kiwi, cucumber, zucchini etc
• Make yourself a fruit salad:-
a) Toss your favorite seasonal fruit mangoes, strawberries with plain yoghurt and honey to suit your taste
b)Take cubes of cucumber, add it to curd. Flavor it with a tempering of olive oil + curry leaves + mustard seeds + slit green chilies
• Make a glass of fruit juice: -
a) Deseed water melon & freeze for 20 minutes. Take it and blendrise it; add a pinch of black salt, white pepper powder & lime juice to add a zing to your drink
b) Blend 2 tsp of mint with lime juice, water, ice & ginger juice. Serve it chilled; garnished with mint leaves
• Cold soups like gazpacho is a good option too
I got married on July 3, normally I am heavy flow for 4 days. But on July 24 th my menses is not normal, it was blood spot on urine and pad only 1 and half days that also not fully flow. I am having symptoms of headache, vomiting, backache, stomach pain, chest pain and there is some changes in my body, over tired and feet pain. So please suggest.
Alien Hand Syndrome or AHS is a neurological disorder that causes the patient's hand to move involuntarily. The individual has no control over the movement of the hand and sometimes, he or she may not even be aware of the action! The patients often report feeling like their hand does not belong to them anymore. The disease has no cure but the symptoms can be treated and reduced. Usually the hand is kept occupied constantly by holding a light object.
Causes of Alien Hand Syndrome:
Though the exact causing factor of AHS is unknown, there are a number of instances which have been shown to influence the development of the condition. The chief factors are:
- Brain injury: Injury caused to the brain by blunt force trauma or faulty surgery can lead to Alien Hand Syndrome. This is particularly seen if the frontal lobe (the brain center of voluntary movement) or the corpus callosum (the bundle of nerve fibers connecting the left and right hemispheres of the brain) is affected. These are the areas that regulate motor functioning and the neural pathways to execute the actions.
- Brain tumor: A tumor (a mass of abnormal cells) pressing on the motor centers of the brain can cause involuntary movements of the left hand in a right handed person. This is because the right hemisphere of the brain controls the left side of the body and vice versa. Tumors blocking the neural pathways usually cause errant movements of the predominant hand.
- Neurodegenerative conditions: Diseases like Alzheimer's disease and Creutzfeld & Jakob Disease are characterized by memory loss, rapid changes in personality and growing defects in the central nervous system. AHS could be a complication of such disorders. Effects of Alien Hand Syndrome This is an extremely rare condition. There have been less than 80 known cases around the world since 1908.
The disorder is often unreported because it is mistaken for a psychiatric problem due to its unusual symptoms and effects.
- The patient may not even be aware of what his 'alien hand' is doing. The hand may even begin functioning of its own accord when the patient is asleep.
- AHS can result in feelings of guilt and shame because of the embarrassing actions of the hand that the patient has absolutely no control over. The hand is often said to be governed by primal animalistic urges of hitting others, tearing clothes off etc.
- The condition often leads to social anxiety, depression and paranoia.
My marriage is going to be one year. First six month we did protected sex because we didn't plan. Afterwards wife took dry fruits and I use mustard oil as lubricant. Someone said. It effect sperm badly and create problem for conceptiin. Please suggest we ve to go for chkup. May be infectiin ll hapen due to lubricant. Now we r planning for baby. Please suggest which help us.
After my 17 days c-section .now I feel difficult in passing stools .i feel very hard .what to do .i have 17 days baby.
How to reduce weight? I am unable to control my weight gain post my c-sec delivery. Please if you can advise. Thank you.
Hie We have been married for 1 year. But we rarely used to have sex since it used to hurt.in between we are separate for 4 months. Now I want to conceive. We are having sex twice a week from past one month. He cums inside but I do not get orgasm. And also I never bleed does this mean my hymen is still intact? Will it never break.
Sir /madam, What to do if want baby boy after completion of my periods. I have already one and half year old baby girl. My ovulation time between 14-17 th days.
MRI or Magnetic Resonance Imaging is a process of reproducing images from the structures & organs of the insides of the body on the computer screen with the help of energy pulses generated from the radio waves using a magnetic field placed inside a special machine.
MRI is used to diagnose various medical conditions like internal injuries or bleeding, rupture of blood vessels & other internal infections. However, an MRI scan is also useful for diagnosis of brain tumors, brain strokes, spinal tumors, bone tumors, ruptured ligaments, breast cancers, aneurysm etc. MRI scan is also used to detect problems in liver, gallbladder, kidneys, eyes and ears that are otherwise unrecognisable.
On comparing it with other similar imaging processes like ultrasound imaging, CT scans & X-rays, you will come across the following facts:
- MRI can effortlessly produce images from different directions & orientations of one particular structure.
- MRI is also helpful for getting detailed & precise images of soft tissues in comparison to similar imaging processes.
- MRI provides a macroscopic overview of the body in contrast to other imaging processes like ultrasound which concentrates on a minute examination of your body parts.
- MRI is also useful to determine the limit to which cancer has spread in the body.
- MRI can be useful to detect health issues when other imaging processes fail, because of its multi-faceted image recording technique. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Radiologist.
Hii I m going for injectable iui treatment and with ovitrop injections on 5, 7, 9 day and after gmh injection the follicle size is 20 mm of left ovaries and right ovaries 16 mm, 16 mm on day 14 et 10.2 and 5 pm of 14 day had hcg trigger shots but day 15 had bleeding with clots so I m worried whats that because tomorrow they will do iui at 9 am. Is anything wrong or they will not do iui because of bleeding. please tell me the cause of bleeding.
My bf and I had oral sex. He was just rubbing his penis near my vagina. He did not ejaculated that time bt I felt little wet My hymn is not broken. Is there any chance to get pregnant?
I am 23 years old and I'm not getting my periods regularly since the first time. I ws diagnosed for tuberculosis of uterus 4 years back and I'm no longer have it. But still my periods are not regular so yesterday after going through a pelvis ultrasound it turns out im suffering from PCOD. I'm confused now which treatment I should opt for the treatment allopathic, homeopathic or ayurvedic? And what precautions I should take to balance my hormones.
The most prominent symptom of alopecia areata is patchy hair loss. Coin-sized patches of hair begin to fall out, mainly from the scalp. Any site of hair growth may be affected, though, including the beard and eyelashes.
The loss of hair can be sudden, developing in just a few days or over a period of a few weeks. There may be itching or burning in the area prior to hair loss. The hair follicles are not destroyed and so hair can re-grow if the inflammation of the follicles subsides. People who experience just a few patches of hair loss often have a spontaneous, full recovery without any form of treatment.
About 30 percent of individuals who develop alopecia areata find that their condition either becomes more extensive or becomes a continuous cycle of hair loss and regrowth.
About half of patients recover from alopecia areata within 1 year, but many will experience more than one episode. Around 10 percent of people will go on to develop alopecia totalis or alopecia universalis.
Alopecia areata can also affect the fingernails and toenails, and sometimes these changes are the first sign that the condition is developing. There are a number of small changes that can occur to nails:
- Pinpoint dents appear
- White spots and lines appear
- Nails become rough
- Nails lose their shine
- Nails become thin and split
Additional clinical signs include:
- Exclamation mark hairs - where a few short hairs that get narrower at their bottom and grow in or around the edges of bald spots
- Cadaver hairs - hairs broken before reaching the skin surface
- Regrowth of white hair in areas affected by hair loss.