Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neha Seehra
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neha SeehraYour feedback matters!
Hii I am 15 weeks pregnant can I take raw milk without heating (i.e company name s good life cow milk) Wat happens if I take tis.
Hi Doctor, Please tell me what tests can be done before marriage to identify if any sexually transmitted diseases are present.
Actually. I am asking behalf of my wife. She is having Period and on her's 4th day, instead of blood some kind of yellow water coming, Kindly Suggest Something.
The major concern for women is to take care of their reproductive health. PCOD or polycystic ovarian disorder affects women of any age. It is also known as the Stein Leventhal Syndrome. The most important cause of PCOD is changes in the lifestyle though there are many other reasons that can cause this condition. It is a health problem which includes weight gain, irregular periods, skin issues, pigmentation and cardiac arrest. It is very important that the negative lifestyle changes are corrected to get treated properly for PCOD/PCOS. It is also very important to include foods with the right amount of nutrition.
Most Common PCOD Reasons-
- Increased Insulin Levels: The pancreas present in the body produces the hormone insulin, which helps the cells to use the sugar and convert it into energy. If the body becomes insulin resistant then the sugar cannot be converted to energy and that can increase the production of androgen and result in Polycystic Ovarian Disorder. It is a condition that affects 4-10% of women who are of child-bearing age.
- Inflammation: Many women suffer from low grade inflammation that stimulates the ovaries to produce excess of male hormones.
Symptoms of PCOD
The symptoms of PCOD are most often experienced after a woman’s menstruation and the severity of the symptoms varies among individuals suffering from this disorder. Irregular menstrual cycle is the most common symptom of this condition and the severity of the condition is determined mainly by factors such as obesity. The disorder is marked by the decrease in female sex hormones and at times women develop certain characteristics such as deeper voice, decrease in breast size, excess hair on the face, acne, weight gain, infertility, anxiety, pain in the pelvic region and heavy periods.
Best treatment for PCOD
PCOD treatment though not curative can be well managed by the intake of a healthy diet and by exercising regularly. The complications involved with PCOD/PCOS can be reduced to a great extent if women who are overweight maintain a healthy diet as that would help regulate their menstrual cycle.
There are certain anti-androgen drugs available that can be used to reduce the levels of male hormones. These anti-androgens can help not only to reduce acne but even to stop growth of excess hair on the face and other parts of the body.
Another option available to women with this condition is surgery and the procedure made use of is ovarian drilling. The best treatment recommended for women suffering with PCOD is homeopathic treatment.
It is possible to fight PCOD naturally by eating nutritious foods as it helps to reduce the chances of health issues caused by PCOD.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Old woman agar gir gayi ho to hand me soojan aa gayi ho to soojan nahi ja rahi ho to kya karna chahiye.
Vulvodynia is generally identified as a condition, which causes chronic back pain or vulvar pain, but having no identifiable cause. The causes as well as the nature of the condition are very obscure, and until recent times, it had never been considered to be an actual pain syndrome. What is commonly affected is the vulva, or the external female genital organs, consisting of the clitoris, labia and the vaginal opening.
Generally, there are two types of vulvodynia:
- Generalized Vulvodynia: this can mean pain in any part of the Vulva occurring erratically at different times
- Vulvar vestibulitis syndrome: this is limited to the vestibule, or the vaginal opening. It has similar characteristics of a burn, and pain can be incurred only when contact is made, say during sexual intercourse.
Although not life threatening, signs and symptoms of Vulvodynia can still cause a ton of problems for women. They can create much complication when it comes to daily activities as well as other feelings, like sexual frustration, agitation, depression and low self-esteem.
Symptoms can be very erratic and can occur once in a while or all the time. They may be limited to just one specific area or can affect the entire vulva, interfering with daily activities such as walking, exercising and sexual intercourse.
Here are some common signs and symptoms:
- A burning or stinging sensation
- An aching or throbbing sensation
- May swell and you may experience soreness;
- Severe itching and agitation
Because the causes are not identifiable, extensive research is still going on in order to decipher the nature of the syndrome. A few possible causes may include:
- Nerve irritation or injury
- Genetic abnormalities
- Muscle spasms
- Hormonal changes
- Abnormal responses to infections or traumatic injuries
- Hypersensitivity to yeast infections
- Allergies to certain chemicals or substances
- History of sexual abuse
- Frequent antibiotic use
Opting for healthier choices of food can make your lunch the most important and beneficial meal of the day during the ever present rush of work. Here are a few lunch dishes which will not only keep you energized and filled but also at the same time helps you lose weight. Read on to find out more about them:
- Egg Sandwich: Eggs are a very healthy and nutritious choice for any meal. Egg sandwiches are compact as it provides carbohydrates from the bread, protein from eggs and vitamins and other essential nutrients from the vegetables and Greek yogurt, which is used as a base. Opt for brown bread and your egg sandwich ends up being a healthy delightful dish you can happily gorge on.
- Garbanzo beans (Chickpeas) and Chapatti: Chickpeas are very nutritious and they are also high in protein. Use them in a curry with vegetables like tomatoes, onions and such. Some Chapatti along with this curry makes a healthy balanced meal.
- Chicken stew: Chicken stew is very healthy. Try having it with vegetables like capsicum and onions. A bowl of chicken stew is highly nutritious and healthy as well as helpful for weight loss.
- Stir fry: A stir fry of carrots, beans, cabbage, peas and sesame seeds will do wonders for your health. Add a dash of lemon to make it tangy and tasty. This stir fry is very nutritious as it has an assortment of vegetables which provide you vitamins, minerals, amino acids and protein as well.
- Berries and oatmeal: Berries and oatmeal are helpful in losing weight. When you mix berries, such as blueberries, strawberries, blackberries and other variety of berries you boost the fiber content of your oats dish, which in turn helps you lose weight. Further, adding berries to oatmeal is a great way to enhance the flavour of your meal. Adding berries will keep you energized, filled and not add to your waistline. A[art from berries, you can also add foods, such as Almonds, Walnuts, Chia seeds, Kiwi & Pomegranate to your oatmeal lunch dish as they also help in reducing weight.
- Egg and rice salad: Made from just brown rice, a hard boiled egg, green beans and some walnuts, this dish is a compact meal which gives you fiber, protein and omega-3 fats which in turn keeps you full and also helps you to reduce your waistline as it has low calorific content.