Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. NehaYour feedback matters!
I have discovered my pregnancy after 8 days of having intercourse. Now I do not want the baby right now. So what are the simplest options available now to avoid the pregnancy.
Hi, I am 24 years old. I am diagnosed with PCOS and taken the treatment for 3 months with KRIMSON-35 then my period showed up naturally in 4th month around cycle of 44 days. Now it is about 50 days I didn't get my period. What should I do. Shall I have to wait or consult the doc please advise me. Thanks in advance.
Antibiotics are taken to treat a host of bacterial infections, from fever to fungal infections, doctors prescribe antibiotics to deal with the symptoms. Usually, a single course of antibiotics must be taken for the cold or the flu to completely heal. Antibiotics only treat bacterial infections; they do not do anything for viral infections.
1. Antibiotics and Good Bacteria
Antibiotics kill bacteria. Antibiotics do not discriminate between good bacteria and their bad peers. Thus, they end up killing the good bacteria as well. The microbiomes in the gut are the good bacteria in your body that aid in digestion. Certain antibiotics can change the entire microbial diversity in the gut and this change can last for a year. Clindamycin, another antibiotic, can kill butyrate, a short-chain fatty acid produced by microbes. In the gut, the butyrate prevents carcinogenesis, inflammation and oxidative stress.
2. Resistance to Bacteria
Like every living organism, bacteria too evolve and adapt to the surroundings. They mutate and respond to the changes in the environment thus, leading to bacterial resistance. Some bacteria mutate and survive the antibiotic treatments. These bacteria reproduce and the resistance strain gets passed on to the next generation which, in turn, makes the new bacteria desensitised to antibiotics. When you get infected again-
- The infection lasts longer, thus the disease may become serious
- There are more complications which tend to further increase every single time you are prescribed a new course of antibiotics
- If the infection lasts longer, then the chances of you infecting others also become higher
- Recovery takes longer
However, there are a few other things to be considered as well:
Taking antibiotics if you have a viral infection is not a smart thing to do. The antibiotics do nothing to kill the virus. However, if your bacterial infection has been plaguing you since a long time, doctors generally prescribe antibiotics every time. This is because, no matter what their downsides are, antibiotics do help you in recovering from various bacterial complications, at times, permanently.
My wife wish clitoris orgasm before penetration or intercourse. If I give clitoris orgasm before intercourse, she will not enjoy intercourse. Now what should I do that she enjoy intercourse? I am doing this same from 3 years Please help.
Obesity is a common problem in today’s world; especially with the changing food habits, increased stress levels and poor lifestyle choices coming into play. In women, weight gain can primarily occur because of hormonal imbalances and pregnancy. The various causes of weight gain in women are:
- Menopause: On reaching menopause, hormonal imbalances can increase appetite and lead to weight gain.
- Stress and pregnancy: Pregnancy is a period when a woman tends to eat a lot and put on weight. Pregnancy can also result in piling up of stress because of the anticipation as the D-day draws nearer; increased stress levels lead you to eat more and you tend to put on more weight, thus increasing risks of suffering from obesity eventually.
- Diseases: Complications in the liver and the kidneys may cause you to gain weight.
There are many options that a woman can opt for weight loss. Some of the best non surgical treatment for weight loss is:
- Ultrasonic lipolysis: This is a non-surgical technique to reduce fat from abdomen, thighs, hips, back etc.It involves HIFU (high intensity focalized ultrasound) wherein, ultrasonic waves are directed on areas in the body which have excess fat. The process involves removing fat tissues through the natural drainage system of the body i.e. the lymph system.
- Endermology: Endermology is a technique that is used to increase blood circulation and reduce cellulite (persistent layered fat) content in the body. The procedure entails using rollers which are rolled on the skin to stretch the connective tissues, which results in cellulite reduction. It also revitalizes the tissues in the body and prevents bloating. The treatment is painless and is known to relax the tissues in the body.
- Mesotherapy: Mesotherapy is a non-surgical technique that is used to reduce fat from the body. The procedure involves administering medications to the concerned areas of the body which have excess amounts of fat by means of injections. It enhances the circulatory and immune system of the body; it is a painless procedure and does not require post-surgical recovery time and so considered as a best weight loss treatment.