Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neha Gupta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neha GuptaYour feedback matters!
There is dead skin at the opening of my vagina, earlier there used to be some discharge as well. Combined with it is slight pain in my legs and abdomen.
How long does bleeding lasts after taking I pill and what does the bleeding means? Please suggest and how long does the symptoms show up?
Upper pait mai baby thahar jata hai jab us baby ko niche lane k liye kya tarika or khana chahiye avi 9th months chal rhaa hai or baby dilivery time pe woman k sareer mai kitna blood hona chahiye avi 9.4 gm hai plz.
It's anything but difficult to make a hasty judgment when you understand your period is late. In case you're attempting to conceive, you may have this feeling of incredulity. And if you're not, you may feel frustrated or disarrayed in the event that you know it is highly unlikely you could be pregnant. The truth of the matter is, however, the vast majority naturally consider pregnancy at whatever time a period is late, it may be the case that — or one of the numerous different conceivable outcomes. Here's a summary of the common causes behind a missed period:
- PREGNANCY: Sometimes when you miss your period, the cause maybe exactly what you think- you could be pregnant! The initial symptoms of pregnancy such as bloating of the stomach, cramping of stomach, and tenderness in breasts can resemble the feeling that you get before your periods; may create confusion whether you are actually pregnant or if your periods are a little delayed. If your periods are delayed for over 10 days, then it is better to take a home pregnancy test.
- STRESS: Stress can have several effects on your body such as headaches, acne, weight gain and other issues. Stress can also make you miss your periods. When you are stressed, your body synthesizes stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline. These elevated levels force your brain to differentiate between essential and nonessential functions of the body. The blood supply to the muscles of the body can increase while systems such as the digestive system or the reproductive system can be subdued. This results in delayed period.
- PCOS: Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a condition that causes the body to produce more of the male hormone, androgen. Cysts form on the ovaries as a result of this hormone imbalance. This can make ovulation irregular or stop it altogether. Other hormones, such as insulin, can also get out of balance, due to insulin resistance, which is associated with PCOS. Treatment of PCOS focuses on relieving symptoms. Your doctor may prescribe birth control or other medication to help regulate your cycle.
- EXCESSIVE EXERCISE: Working out and maintaining fitness is a great thing to do; although when you overdo it, it restricts your body from producing enough oestrogen, the hormone that helps in completing your menstrual cycle. Thus professionals such as ballet dancers, athletes and gymnasts face a higher chance of suffering through amenorrhea (missing periods) for 3-4 months. Also if you work out too much without consuming enough calories, it can cause disruptions.
- ILLNESS: When your body is battling a disease such as common cold or even fever, your brain starts concentrating on the functions that are important for the body. This can contribute to missing your period.
- WEIGHT: If you lose excessive amount of weight without maintaining a good diet, you can deprive your body from producing oestrogen that helps build up the uterine lining. The same thing happens with eating disorders such as bulimia or anorexia. On the contrary, if you are obese, it can result in over-production of oestrogen that can stop your ovulation in totality. This may lead to heavy, irregular periods. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Fishes are depositories of the good nutrients that are essential for maintaining the optimal health of the human body. Broadly speaking, fishes have high protein and low-fat content, which helps to boost up the metabolism and immunity of the body. A fish meat in the diet is very often suggested by doctors for women during their pregnancy, even to the women who are vegetarians.
There are certain dishes which are low on mercurial content and high on minerals and beneficial acids, which are recommended to consume during pregnancy. These include fishes like Salmon, Anchovies, Herring, Sardines, Trout, Pollock, Catfish, Atlantic and Pacific Mackerel. As per the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) pregnant women can safely eat up to 12 ounces (340 grams) of seafood in a given week. Here are certain reasons which make fish consumption essential for a pregnant woman.
- The presence of omega-3 fatty acids - One of the main highlights of fish meat is Omega-3 fat or Omega-3 fatty acids. It is a form of unsaturated fatty acid that is commonly found in fish oils secreted by the meat of the fish. These acids, mainly help the baby to develop its brain and the eyesight faster and better. Additionally, it also helps in energy storage, oxygen transport, cell membrane function, and regulation of inflammation in the mother's body.
- Low Fat Substitute - It is a known fact that fishes are rich sources of protein and vitamins like Vitamin C and D. They are usually low on all forms of fat, saturated fat and fatty acids. This helps to avoid fat accumulation in the fetus as well as in the mother's body.
- Better development of the baby - It is a scientifically proven fact that, higher fish consumption by women during their pregnancy is associated with increased cognitive scores, and decreased the risk of autistic symptoms (a brain development disorder found in children).
Conclusively, fishes have always been a desirable food to consume during pregnancy by women. But, you should always be careful while fish consumption, due to pollutants like mercury and PCBs (Polychlorinated biphenyls, which is a form of a chemically reactive substance), which are harmful to the baby as well as the mother.
Hi All, Me and my wife had unsafe sex from past 3 months usually she will use I pill tablet to avoid pregnancy, However she was 2 months pregnant can you please suggest some medicines to get abortion, as we didn't want to get children at early stage of our life I would really appreciate if you can send me a prescription along with steps to take care after abortion Thanks
Chances are you make plenty of resolutions each year, but don’t stick to them for various reasons including that some of them are unrealistic or not in your capacity that year: resolutions are easily made and with good intentions too but not easily kept. This time around, why not make some healthy resolutions you can not only actually stick to, but that will also transform your life for the better? Choose what is suitable, but when you do, stick to it like your life depends on it: today that is not an understatement but a fact of life. Good health is equal to a good life. Here are a few gems towards that goal:
1. Include more healthy foods into your daily diet
How often do you find yourself munching on junk food compulsively, just because you are hungry? You may be fully aware of the fact that this affects your health adversely, but still are unable to change your habit. This new year, be strict with yourself and choose healthier options. Abstain from fast foods and have more home cooked meals containing colorful vegetables: the more colorful the better. Replace chips with fruits for snack time.
2. Increase your amount of water intake
Drinking about 8–10 glasses of water every day is necessary to cleanse and detoxify your body, but do you actually drink that much honestly? With the onset of the New Year, make it a habit to drink water instead of quenching your thirst with soda or any other artificially sweetened beverages. If you don’t like having water every time, you may opt for freshly squeezed fruit juices or healthy tender coconut water as well. When we want to wash our bodies externally, we take a bath. To bathe the body from the inside, we need to flush out our system drinking lots of water, everyday.
3. Ensure that your body gets some physical activity daily
You may have set unrealistic workout targets for yourself in the previous years, but this year set more achievable targets. Design a routine for yourself, which consists of some fun and easy physical activities like swimming, dancing, jogging or simply climbing the stairs instead of taking a lift, apart from joining the gym, which can be tedious for some. Do these simple things daily and watch the positive turn your health takes.
4. Stay away from multitasking - at least while eating
If you check your Smartphone while eating, make a resolution this year to never do it again. Abstain from multitasking at least while you are sitting with your family at the dining table. Studies suggest that people who observe their surroundings while eating rather than concentrating on their phone, tend to choose healthier food options and do not overfeed themselves. And people who are present with the food while eating are able to appreciate what they eat and eat just short of being full!
5. Pick up a new hobby
Your health depends on both your mental and physical well-being. So, it’s essential to ensure that you have a peaceful mind besides a fit body. This new year choose a hobby that makes you feel happy, fulfilling, productive, interesting, and fills up your leisure time. It can be anything like reading, singing, photography, blogging or travelling as long as it helps you de-stress. Too much of television wastes the mind by bombarding it with predigested mental foods that do not provoke it to think.
6. Express your feelings
Every feeling, without exception, must be expressed. Unexpressed feelings pick the most vulnerable organ and express themselves in that organ to either lead to malfunctioning or total dysfunction, resulting in your having to finally have the organ surgically removed! When emotions are vented out in appropriate ways, you will feel healthy and stress-free. In fact stress is nothing but the effect of bottled up emotions.
7. Relax, relax, relax
The paradox in life is that the easiest thing to do is to relax. We become tense for little or no reason and create a huge burden on our health. Meditation and deep breathing are the best aids to calm ourselves, and to be at harmony with our inner selves. And a strong connection with this health facet is to have a good night’s sleep and wake up by 6 AM irrespective of whatever time you go to sleep. Retiring to bed should ideally be at around 10.30 pm every night.
Besides considering all these resolutions, make up your mind to stay optimistic this coming year and distance yourself from all types of negativities. This will not only lead you towards happier times, but will also keep you in great health throughout the year.
Remember that in the past diseases chose people, today we chose our disease. The choice is really ours: chose good living over misery and suffering.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.