Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neetu Saini
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Neetu SainiYour feedback matters!
I have a hair fall problem last 8 month back, please help me, how can I overcome this problem.& how to control hair fall problem.
Black big spots on cheeks i.e side effects of melacare .please tell how to reduce that effect. The portion has become black dark of cheeks Please. Tell.remedy. If you can tell remedy that is home. Based it will be better bcoz now I am very scared of having cosmetics on. My face.
मेरे चेहरे पे आंख के आस पास Dark circle हो गये है जो बढ़ कर कान तक पहुच गये है मेरा चेहरा अब कुछ oily भी रह्ता है कया लगाऊ जवाब जरुर दिजीयेगा बड़ी मेहरबानी होगी
Iam losing my hair after iam taking bath water not feel good but am not using bleached water but my hair daily losing more than a normal lose of a human mainly hair losing from in front of head near forehead please help me.
I had dandruff and hair fall would be starting slowly since 15 days and my skin became so hard it might be smooth at past days and my skin nature is oil type skin and I am getting so sweat while eating spicy or hot items and my hair gets itching at that time too much. What should be the treatment I have to get please give me a suggestion doctor.
I hav dark spots on my hands it looks vry dark where everyone can see it I want to completely get rid frm it please help me out.
In my leg there is fungal infection appearing and after applying clotrimazole powder it is going after long time but by that time new spots coming and after 4 months only two spots are still there and last 15 days no new spots coming. All spots are quarter inch to half in dia and red in color.
Causes of skin discoloration and its types
Skin discoloration is a condition where the overall color of skin appears patchy and uneven. This generally takes the form of dark spots, blotchiness, jagged sunburns, etc. It is caused due to unequal distribution of melanin, the pigment responsible for imparting color to the skin.
Melanin is produced by the melanocyte cells in the epidermis layer of the skin. This pigment plays a protective role in the skin, particularly when it comes to defense against sun damage. Production of melanin is generally uniform through the skin but sometimes, various anomalies cause some parts of the skin to produce excess melanin whereas others may produce none at all. This leads to discoloration of the skin, making the appearance of skin tone irregular and non-uniform.
What are the different types of skin discoloration?
There are various types of skin discoloration which are caused by different medical and nonmedical conditions.
Some of them are as follows:
- Melasma. This type of skin discoloration occurs due to fluctuations in the levels of estrogen and progesterone in the body. This condition is found most commonly in pregnant women.
- Vitiligo. This is a medical condition which is caused when melanocyte cells cease to function or die. It manifests itself in the form of white patches that appear on the skin.
- Sunburns and Tans. These appear on the skin in the form of dark patches, uneven splotches and burns. It is caused by unprotected and prolonged exposure to the sun.
- Tinea Versicolor. This type of skin discoloration is caused by a fungal infection that makes skin appear dull and flaky in patches. It occurs due to hormone level fluctuations or a malfunction in the immune system.
- Skin Cancer. When the skin gets affected by melanomas and carcinomas, it appears discolored. This type of discoloration changes shape, size and texture and requires the immediate attention of a specialist.
- Other causes of skin discoloration include genetic inheritance, allergic reactions and drug reactions. The diagnosis of treatment depends on the exact nature of the condition and varies from case to case. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.