Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Neeti ChabraYour feedback matters!
This question for Gynaecologist. My age is 29 & my wife age is 27. We already having one baby boy. His Date of Birth is 27-Feb-2012. During birth he is been to Hypoxia & as a result now he is suffering from Cerebral Palsy. We are planning to have another Baby. So for precautions we have done pre-pregnancy test like CBC, VDRL, Rubella, HIV 1&2, Hepatitis B&C, CMV (IgG), Zoster (VZV) IgG, Urine RE, Sugar. All reports are normal apart from: CMV (IgG) ie 30.10 VZV (IgG) ie 97.49 Which seems reactive. What is this two tests? Is there is any medicine to get it treated? Is it safe for our new born baby? Please advice & comment with your best possible help.
My periods date was on 1st of the month. I had sex on 23rd feb. We used precaution . Bt today is 4th march and i hav missed my periods fr 4 days? I cnt know weather i m precnent or nt. Cn u help me to know this? plz
Parenting is a lifetime job be it for a normal child or a child with special needs. Parents are teachers, guides, leaders, protectors and providers for their children. Parenting is a process of promoting and supporting the physical, emotional, social, financial and intellectual development of a child from infancy to adulthood. Every child is a gift and a blessing to their parents. On the other hand, parenting itself is one of the toughest jobs and that too for a child with special needs, it is both a blessing and challenge.
It is a very unique experience to live with a disabled child as it has a major impact on the family, siblings and extended family members. However, discovering a problem should be the initial step to start with parenting such children. Discovering a child's special needs is often a confusing and painful process for parents as sometimes learning difficulties can be multiple and difficult to pinpoint and it can be hard for parents to know whether things are normal or not.
There are various categories of disabilities that your child might fall under. For example: Specific Learning Disability (SLD), Other Health Impairment, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Emotional disturbance, Speech or language impairment, Visual impairment, including blindness, Deafness, Deaf-blindness, Orthopedic impairment, Intellectual disability, Traumatic brain injury, Multiple disabilities.
Some common indications for the development of learning disabilities which can be taken into consideration
- Difficulty with reading/writing
- Problems with math skills
- Difficulty in remembering
- Problem in paying attention
- Trouble following directions
- Difficulty with concepts related to time
- Problem in staying organized
- Impulsive behavior
- Inappropriate responses in school or social situations
- Difficulty staying on task(easily distracted)
- Difficulty finding the right way to say something
- Immature way of speaking
- Inconsistent school performance
- Difficulty listening well
- Problem in understanding words or concept
But the above mentioned signs are not enough to determine that a person has a learning disability. A professional assessment is also necessary to diagnose a learning disability because every disability has its own signs and unless they persist over time cannot be considered as a 'disability'. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
I am 24 year old. I have pcos. I got married 7 months ago. I am 5 to 6 weeks pregnant. I am getting pain in left side lower abdomen and pelvis but no bleeding. I had ultrasound scanning 10 days back and it showed only small cysts nothing else. Please help me why I am getting the pain. I am really worried about it.
Does washing your vaginal area after intercourse help in preventing you from pregnancy. Or is there a method to prevent it apart from contraceptive pills.
My female friend, 20 years old, had pain in his stomach. Some times she got periods without days, What will she do to get relief for this type of pain ?
My gf does not have any sexual feelings at all. She do not get excited even though I hug and kiss her. Her periods are also irregular. please tell me what to do.
Good afternoon Doctor, I have a friend she is 22 years old. She has 22 mm cyst in her ovary. We consult the Doctor And he told us there is no serious issue with the cyst. We are confused what we can do? Kindly suggest us. Can cyst remove without operation? And give us your valuable suggestions please for this case.
I missed my period my last period date is feb 19th i am trying to a baby. After my miss period i do many pregnancy tests but the result is negative at every day when am i check test. What is my problem i am suffer with nausea sometimes
Many people suffer from a low libido problem. This can be a problem for their partners as well as for themselves. A low sex drive can also reduce one's self esteem and confidence. In severe cases it also leads to depression.
Factors which cause low sex drive:
- Sexual problems: Many sexual problems also lead to a low sex drive. An inability to experience orgasm even after a lot of attempts can make one indifferent to sex. Some people also experience pain because of a tight vagina. In such cases their desire to have sex reduces greatly.
- Medical diseases: Many medical conditions also affects your libido, such as cancer, arthritis, blood sugar (diabetes), artery diseases, high blood pressure and neurological diseases.
- Medications: Some people suffer from depression and anxiety disorders. To get over these disorders most doctors prescribe them antidepressants and anti-anxiety pills, these medications create a very low libido.
- Habits: Many lifestyle habits such as over-consumption of alcohol can make your sex drive reduce a lot. Smoking also decreases the blood flow in your body which may make your libido fall.
- Surgery: Reconstructive surgeries such as breast reconstruction surgery and genital tract surgery can also affect sexual desire and give your body signals to not engage in an intercourse.
- Fatigue: Tiredness because of physical activities or caring for your old parents or young children can also make you uninterested in sex. Your body and brain might not have the energy to engage in an intercourse due to fatigue.
- Menopause: The levels of estrogen reduce greatly during menopause. Low estrogen levels make your vagina dry hence sex can be uncomfortable and painful. Women also go through hormonal changes which make them suffer from a low libido.
- Pregnancy: After pregnancy, breastfeeding your baby becomes an everyday activity. This can reduce sexual desire because of the pressure of caring for a new born baby.
Regular exercising complemented with enough sleep is known to reduce stress thus giving you a high sex drive. Avoid consuming alcohol. Testosterone replacement therapy (a therapy used for treating erectile dysfunction) also treats low desire. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.