Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Neeta SharmaYour feedback matters!
I had endoscopic surgery on October 2013. That time they removed my right side tube. Now I am trying to get pregnancy. From 2 years doing medicine for that. To get pregnant what should I do?
My age is 30 and my wife's ages 28. We are trying to conceive for a baby from last two months. We both have done some test .I have sperm count of 100m/cumm. But my urine sugar is seen ++,As per doctor my wifes report are normal. We have also followed dates of ovulation and done the contact. But still she is not getting pregnant. What may be the reason? Can my urine sugar level be the reason? Or anything else.
I have been having periods lasting for 2-3 days in the past month and this month I have been having it for a month. For the past 6 months I have seen clots in my period blood. Sometimes I have cramps and back pain. I have not taken any medicine or gone to the doctor. Please can you help me.
I am 24 year old female and I have got my periods on 3rd of feb for 5 days. But after 2 days I am getting blood till now. I haven't took any medicine. Is there any problem, and what should I do now?
Dear Doctors, Last month I had unprotected sex with my bf and I took postpone72 tablet also, after 1 week I had my period as normal and after this I never involved in intercourse. But this month, My period should come on 24 march, till now it is not happening as I expected date. And I am following a healthy diet also Now I am not ready for pregnant, Kindly suggest, is this tablet effect or?
I am suffering from vaginal discharge everyday actually I am worried about it coz of having sexual relation wit my boyfriend is it a problem for me coz he is not my first person whom I am having sex wit he is my second boy friend whom I am having sex wit without any safety precautions Will I have any problem if so pls tell me how to get out of it and I am worried to consult a doctor coz of I am unmarried know thats the reason why I am getting worried mam.
My wife is having thyroid. T3. T4. FT3. FT4 are in range. But TSH is high. It is 6.3. What should be done? Is it hypo or hyper. What care should be taken? Is it OK to have baby in this condition.
I have a small lump in vagina wall. May be an abscess. But there is no pain just a little stretching. Will it need to be operated. I have seen a lady doctor and she has given medicines. Doxycycline and PF. Will that treat?
On my vagainal area I am having rashes and its eaching very badly which is makimg me embarrassed and uncomfortable in front of others. Please give me a solution do that I can get relief from this problem as soon as possible.
Meri shadi ko 2 year ho gye. Mere periods monthly time pr aate h. But bledding bohat kam h. Maximum 2 ya 3 days. Me ye janna chahti hu ki is problm ki vajh se pregnancy me koi problm toh nh hogi na. Please help
Hi! I am Shifali Gupta, age 32, I am facing a problem during discharge. Some white fluid is also coming out from my vagina. I have a very hairy vaginal area. My husband likes me hairy. Consult me some medicines.
I am 22 year old. I am suffering from irregular periods every time my period time. What should I do.
Birth control is a method by which unwanted pregnancy is prevented. Partners can plan their childbearing in a better way using the increased levels of awareness about birth control.
Methods of birth control:
- Intrauterine devices (IDUs): These are most effective methods of birth control. The intrauterine device (IUD) is a long-acting and reversible form of contraception for women. It is of two types: Copper IUD (contains copper) and Hormone-releasing IUDs (progestin hormone is released into the womb slowly). It is a small device that is fitted inside the womb and it provides contraception by preventing fertilization of the egg.
- Sterilization: This is a process of birth control that renders a woman incapable of conception or a man incapable of sperm delivery. The process is conducted with the consent of the individual and can be done using either surgical or non-surgical methods. In both the cases, tubes carrying sperms (in males) and fallopian tubes (females) are either cut or blocked.
- Condoms: These are the most commonly used measures for birth control. Male and female condoms act as barriers and prevent the sperm from reaching the uterus.
- Oral contraceptive pills: These pills are the most popular measures of birth control used by women across the world. This is the most convenient way of postponing pregnancy. However, it is very important that the side effects of the contraceptive pills be noted. The side effects cause changes in the body, such as irregular bleeding, increase in the breast's size increased levels of blood pressure as well as eventual infertility.
- Contraceptive Injections: In this method, one hormone injection is administered, the effects of which last inside the body for a time period of 8 to 12 weeks i.e. 2-3 months. The contraceptive injection has the similar effects as that of contraceptive pills on birth control. Evidently, the shot is irreversible, which makes the woman infertile for a period of three months. However, similar to the pill, protection from STDs is not offered by contraceptive injections. But these injections can guarantee 99% safety and surety on being used.
- Natural Family Planning: Even though it is not any external pill or device, Natural Family Planning is also a method of birth control. It relies on the knowledge of timings of the menstrual cycle (periods) so that the couple can avoid sex during the time period when the woman is fertile. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have a severe breast pain and not getting periods. Pregnancy test is negative. Periods are 15 days delayed. Have taken sysron-n for 5 days but no periods yet. Its the 5th day after medicine is over and breast pain is increased, sore nipple. Please help.
I am 32 years female and I married at the age of 28 years. I am suffering from PCOS. All the remaining test of me and my husband are normal. In may 2016 may doctor did laparoscopy and she said that no tubal blockage and she punctured some water bubbles in ovaries. 2 months completed but I didn't convieve. I was so tensed with this problem.
I had sex with my girl after periods on 6 day but she was still blooding a little bit we was having sex without protection some blood occur on my penis so is it was and I have not eject inside her is there any chance that she will get pregnant or that blood occur on penis it will be harmful for.
Mindless munching is usually caused by boredom as well as stress and fatigue, in many cases. Also, not eating your meals on time is another reason why we suddenly feel hungry and end up eating all types of wrong food. This kind of mindless munching usually makes us ingest empty calories, which can make us put on weight and face other health issues in the long run as well. Many of these snacks also contain lots of oil, fat and salt which can cause a range of diseases like diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and other cardiovascular conditions.
So, how can you cut down on mindless munching? Read on to know more!
- Visual reminders: A great way to ensure that you do not succumb to sudden and unhealthy cravings is to place visual reminders on your desk and on the fridge. Get a print out of the things that motivate you, eating healthy, the daily calorie intake that you need to follow, your goal weight it can be anything! Place these around you so that you realise how much better off you are without the mindless eating.
- Small plates and tall glasses: You can use tall glasses in order to ensure that you are ingesting plenty of water. Many times, mental hunger can be cured with a big glass of water. So even when you are having a snack or a meal, keep a tall glass of water to fill yourself up instead of feeling hungry later and eating mindlessly. Also, use smaller crockery in order to eat less. As per psychologists, this tends to have a bearing on the eating patterns of the person by creating a visual reminder of one helping at a time.
- Variety: Eat all colors of food in order to get more variety, but limit the variety to more healthy food. Keep the various kinds of chips and wafers away from your home and pantry so that you have no choice, but to snack on fruit and dry fruit as well as other healthy options when the munchies strike!
- Be deliberate and present: When you eat slowly, you allow the satisfaction of a good meal to wash over you. This ensures that you have less scope to indulge in mindless eating later. Also, you will feel fuller when you have been more deliberate and present with your meal. This can be done by switching off all devices and the television or smart phone, in particular and actually taking the time to enjoy your food. Many psychologists say that distractions tend to make us eat more, and more often. So it is best to cut these out before you start eating. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.