Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Neeta MishraYour feedback matters!
Hi. Kya aap bta skte h ki unsafe sex 3 min tk krne ke bad condom use kiya ho to pregnancy k kitne % chances h.?
Infertility is defined as not being able to become pregnant after a year of trying—or after six months, if you are 35 or older . And it’s not just a woman’s problem. One-third of infertility cases are due to male-only problems, one-third to female-only problems, and the final one-third to a mix of male and female problems or unknown problems
What Causes Infertility?
To become pregnant, many steps in the reproductive process have to be precisely aligned:
A woman’s ovary must release an egg (ovulation).
The egg must then travel through the fallopian tube toward the uterus, which is also called the womb.
A man’s sperm must be in the woman’s body during this specific time. It must also meet and join with (fertilize) the egg as it is traveling through the fallopian tubes.
The fertilized egg must then reach the uterus.
At the uterus, it must push its way inside and implant itself (implantation).
If there is a problem with any of these steps, infertility can occur.
Infertility in Women
Female infertility is most often caused by problems in ovulation—marked by irregular or absent periods. These problems may be related to hormonal disorders, such as polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), or primary ovarian insufficiency (POI), when a woman’s ovaries stop working before age 40.
Other causes include:
uterine fibroids, benign growths that can keep fertilized eggs from implanting properly in the uterine lining
scar tissue after surgery
blocked or scarred fallopian tubes, due to infection or endometriosis
Endometriosis is an often painful condition in which the uterine tissue that is supposed to line the inside of your uterus begins to grow outside the uterus, causing it to become trapped as it has no place to go (uterine tissue inside the uterus is shed each month during the menstrual cycle). The surrounding body tissues become inflamed, and scar tissue may form—sometimes inside the fallopian tubes.
Infertility in Men
Problems with sperm production and delivery, low sperm count, and low motility (the ability of sperm to swim and fertilize the egg) can all affect male fertility.
Varicocele is a disorder where the veins servicing a man’s testicles have incompetent or leaky valves. The backflow of blood can enlarge the blood vessels and can raise the temperature of the testicles causing a low sperm count or abnormal sperm. Testicles are generally slightly below the core body temperature.
Other lifestyle choices can impair healthy egg and sperm production, including:
heavy alcohol use
being overweight or underweight
an excessive amount of exercise
In men, environmental toxins, such as pesticides, and high temperatures (for example, in hot tubs) have also been shown to affect sperm count.
Hi . My age is 25 and my question is what happened if I do doggy style without using any protection . Is their any side effects or any diseases may rise like aids .
Mujhe last month periods ke baad se vagina me itching and irritation ho rahi h.Painful intercourse and burning on urination.
My wife was 7months pregnancy, now scan report baby weight is 1.120 kg. This weight is normal or up-normal? What is the standard for weight baby and women during 7months pregnancy time.
Hi. I m 21 year old married woman. I feel fever and warming in my bottom of leg. And my period time doesn't get properly and not upto 5 day (only 3 day and that is also improper) please give me suggestion.
Under PFA Section 44AA, the use of calcium carbide for artificial ripening of mangoes, apple, plum, banana is prohibited and can attract both imprisonment and fine.
Calcium carbide powder is usually kept wrapped in paper between the fruits (unripe mangoes) in a basket or box.
Once the basket of mango is closed from the top, calcium carbide absorbs moisture and produces acetylene gas, which accelerates the ripening process of fruits.
The health hazards are related to the gastrointestinal tract, kidney, heart, liver and brain and in long run cancer.
Calcium carbide 1kg is available for Rs. 25/? and is sufficient to ripen 10 tons of fruit.
How do we know that the fruit has been artificially ripened with calcium carbide?
It will be less tasty.
The aroma will be different
It is uniform in color.
The color of the mango changes from green to dark yellow.
It will have a shorter shelf life.
It will be overtly soft.
There may be black patches on the mango skin.
There may be multi color patches on the skin of the mango (Red, yellow, green patches)
How should artificially ripened fruits be handled?
Never eat off?season fruits, especially before time
Rinse all fruits in running tap water for few minutes before use.
The sciatic nerve is one of the largest nerves in the body. It goes from the lower back all the way down to the base of the leg. When there is a disorder associated with the sciatic nerve, it is known as Sciatica.
Sciatica, however, does not necessarily need a surgery or a very elaborate procedure to fix the problem. Most commonly, it is treated simply by practicing a number of simple exercises. Here are some of the most common exercises prescribed to treat Sciatica:
- Reclining Pigeon Pose: There are three main forms of the pigeon pose. These are sitting, reclining and then forwarding. It is recommended that if you have very recently started your treatment for Sciatica, then certainly you should go for the reclining pose. In this pose, you are supposed to hold your left leg in the air at a right angle to your back. Then, hold your ankle against the knee. Finally, repeat this stretch with the right leg as well.
- Knee to Opposite Shoulder: In this stretch, the starting position is on your back side. You have to have your legs out and feet upwards. From this position, try to bring your right leg towards your left shoulder. Hold this for 30 seconds and then release and relax. Repeat this activity three times and repeat the whole procedure with your other leg. Only take your leg as far as it goes.
- Sitting Spinal Stretch: At the start of this exercise, sit on the ground with your legs going straight outwards and your feet flexed in the upward direction. Pull your left knee and put it on the outside of your right knee. Finally, place your right elbow on the left knee, so that your body turns to the left. Hold for 30 seconds and then relax. Repeat the procedure with the other knee.
- Standing Hamstring Stretch: Put your foot on an elevated surface such that it is above the floor, but not above hip level. Flex your toes forward such that your feet and legs are nearly in a straight line. Bend as far towards the foot as possible. However, do not stretch so far that you feel pain. Finally, repeat this procedure on the other side after release.
Related Tip: "Non-Surgical Treatment For Sciatica"
I am trying to get pregnant for last 6 months and I am getting early periods for past 3 months what does it mean I am worried and I am unable to conceive.
Hi doctors. I had sex with my girlfriend on 22 March and 24 was date of her periods which has not started yet. And the I didn't ejaculated inside her .now I am worried. What could be possible reason. What should I do. Please help me.
I have regular periods but has less periods as compared to my normal quantity. I have very hard stress on mind and I continuously think day and night about it. Would this stress effects my periods?
Hi me n my gf had sex on 10th day of her period n sperms excited n she had take instafree72 aftr 3 hours of sex wats the chances of pregnancy.
Hello. Dr. I am 27 years old. Female ,I have delivered baby boy in October but my periods are not start yet. I have done pregnancy test but it was negative. What to do I am in tension. How can I start my periods?
Ayurveda is an ancient healing technique that is very effective for today's lifestyle ailments. For many people, low back ache can be troublesome. While strong pills and capsules may give you temporary relief, they do not address the core issue and have a number of side effects. Ayurveda on the other hand, addresses the trigger and has no side effects.
Intrigued! Take a look at these Ayurvedic techniques to cure low back pain:
- Cut out on spices: We may think it unrelated, but low back pain is often accompanied by indigestion. Spinal cord nerves connect to back muscles and digestive organs. Hence, a small change in your diet can have a great impact on your health. Spicy food aggravates the digestive system and has a drying effect on the body. By cutting back on spices and oil, the digestive system can work better and there will be less stress on the nerves connecting the spinal cord and back muscles and thus result in lesser back aches.
- Warm your body: According to Ayurveda, back pains are caused by an increase in vata dosha or the amount of air and ether elements in the body. Warming the body can help lower these levels. Apply a heat pack to the back as a way of keeping the external body surface warm. Additionally, add warm food to your diet. This opens out any blockages in your digestive system and in turn reduces low back pain.
- Padahastasana: Ayurveda is very closely linked to yoga. Padahastasana is a yoga asana which addresses lower back pain by opening up the digestive channels and allowing the vata dosha to flow easily through the body. To practice this asana, stand with your legs together and lift your arms straight above your head while inhaling. As you exhale, bend forward from the hips while keeping your back and legs straight. Try and touch your toes. Hold the position for as long as possible and come back to the starting position while inhaling.
- Anuloma Viloma: Anuloma Viloma is a breathing exercise that balances the vata dosha. This is a technique that involves breathing from alternate nostrils. To begin, close the right nostril with your thumb and inhale through the left nostril. Close both nostrils and hold your breath for a few seconds. Then, release through the left nostril. Repeat this process, starting from the left nostril.
- Bishop's weed seed tea: Tea made from the seeds of Bishop's weed is can provide instant pain relief from low back pains. This is suitable for men and women of all ages except those with heart problems.
The core principle of Ayurveda is to listen to your body's messages. These techniques will help you become more tuned to your body's needs and keep you free from back aches.
I want to conceive, we have already tried 3 months but no positive result. What medicine should I take? My.
I have 30 to 35 cycle. What are the important days to conceive. Please answer to my query so that I can conceive as soon as possible.
Hello doctor am 8 months pregnant and eating lots of water melon. Is it ok or it may affect my baby inside. please let me know. And also say me how to increase the weight of the baby. Hope to get the answers soon and helpful thanking u.
When was the last time you got a full eight hours of sleep? If you’re like most population, you probably had to think about it. In a 2013 poll, nearly two thirds of pepole reported getting less than eight hours of sleep most nights. In fact, a lack of sleep has become so pervasive that it’s become a public health crisis.
But even though we always hear that we need to get the right amount of sleep, why is that important? Here’s what happens to your body when you don’t get enough sleep.
You May Fall Asleep and Not Know It
Even if you feel like you function well without enough sleep, your brain may think otherwise. It takes correct action through “microsleep” — split seconds where you unknowingly fall asleep and your brain simply stops processing things. Even if it’s just for a fraction of a second, there can be significant consequences whether you’re at home, at work, or driving. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, drowsy driving was responsible for 72,000 crashes and 800 deaths in 2013 in U.S.A.
Your Response Time is Impaired
Even one night of less-than-perfect sleep can result in slowed response times — and if you’re chronically fatigued, it’s even worse. In one study, they found that with just one night of less-than-great sleep (about six hours), response time is already significantly slower than normal. In chronically sleep deprived individuals, response times on par with people with blood alcohol content (BAC) of 0.10%. In addition to impaired driving, that can also mean problems at the office — a Harvard Medical School study found that 43 percent of workers with insomnia have admitted to making serious workplace error.
Your Quality of Life and Emotional Function Go Down
How do you feel after a poor night of sleep? Probably not great. So, it should come as no shock that, as the amount of sleep you get decreases, so does your enjoyment of your life. It makes sense — when you’re tired, you’re more likely to opt out of social activities. But on top of a lighter social calendar, a lack of sleep can contribute to anxiety and depression. You’re also less able to regulate your emotional responses. That means you may be more volatile, less able to deal with things that go wrong, and less likely to see things from a positive perspective. But there is good news — once you do catch up on your sleep, your mood will quickly return to normal.
Your Rhythm is — Literally — Off
When you get quality sleep, the neurotransmitters and hormones that regulate your circadian rhythm are operating normally, telling you to sleep at night and stay awake during the day. However, when your sleep cycle gets thrown off a bit, so do those hormones. After a few nights of unusual sleep patterns, your body may get turned around, telling you to sleep at the wrong time. It’s a vicious cycle — the more it happens, the more difficult it is to get back to normal patterns.
You’re Making Yourself Sick
The list of conditions sleep impacts is long — and, contrary to popular belief, it doesn’t take years for them to develop. Heart disease and diabetes are two of the most significant risks of poor sleep. One night of bad sleep can increase blood pressure for 24 hours, and regular hypertension can lead to coronary artery disease later down the road. The American Heart Association even recently added lack of sleep as a risk factor for coronary artery disease. Inadequate sleep also makes your body unable to metabolize glucose as effectively, leading to weight gain, increased appetite, and potentially diabetes.
The health impacts of poor sleep don’t stop there, though. If you aren’t sleeping well, you’re also putting yourself at risk for respiratory problems, cognitive impairments, decreased immune function, and more.
So What Can I Do About It?
There are small things you can do to counteract one bad night of sleep — coffee, exercise, getting out in the sunlight — but if you’re chronically sleep deprived, you need to start a conversation with your primary care provider (PCP). Sleep can sometimes be a challenging topic to discuss, so come prepared with notes about your sleep habits, including what you’re doing before bed, how long it takes you to fall asleep, how often you wake up at night, what time you wake up, and how your energy levels are. Data from apps or devices like Fitbits can also be useful in providing insights into your sleep habits. The more information you have for your PCP, the better — it helps them know the extent of your sleep problems so they can make the best possible treatment recommendations.