Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neeta Kasana
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Neeta KasanaYour feedback matters!
ACL Surgery is basically Anterior Cruciate Ligament reconstruction, which is carried out for patients suffering from damaged ligaments which can lead to stiffness, pain and decreased mobility among a host of other symptoms and ailments. This kind of surgery aims at repairing the ACL with the use of grafts taken from other parts of the patient’s body. These grafts are used to replace the damaged ligaments.
Read on to know what you can expect in the recovery phase following an ACL surgery.
- Rehabilitation exercises: The rehabilitation process starts right after the surgery when the patient is given muscle strengthening exercises right after being wheeled back into the room from the operation theatre. These exercises will be given to the patient by the doctor or the physiotherapist who will show the correct way to do them and what all to avoid while doing them. Also, a gradual walking program will be started where the patient will first be helped when it comes to walking indoors, and then taken outdoors to practice walking on more natural terrain. Other motions can also be introduced gradually to exercise.
- Crutches: The patient may be asked to use crutches for a while right after the surgery. This is usually done to ensure that the body and the knees are strong enough to support full weight carriage and bearing without putting pressure on the newly operated region. Full weight bearing usually comes about within ten days after the surgery, and until then the patient is asked to take it easy.
- Knee extension: In the first few weeks after the procedure, the patient will experience swelling or inflammation in the area as well as some amount of trepidation when it comes to using the knee extension. The patient will be asked to do ninety degree knee flexicons before graduating to full knee extension gradually. In this phase, right after the surgery, the patient will also be encouraged to gain back control of the quadriceps as well as patellar mobility.
- Swelling: In the first two to three weeks after the surgery, there will be some amount of swelling. Usually, in the first two weeks after the surgery, the focus is on controlling and preventing any undue swelling and inflammation with elevation and ice.
- Strength and confidence: Once the initial three to four weeks are over, the focus will shift towards strengthening the core muscles with running and jogging for short periods. This will also improve the patient’s confidence in the restructured knee.
Ensure that you have a detailed discussion with your caregiver and orthopaedic specialist so that you are mentally prepared for recovery and rehabilitation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Im 19 year old. I got my first periods when I was 12. Since my first time. I never got my periods regularly. I get in once in 4 months. N even aftr getting I bleed only for 3 days. I consulted my family doc she told me that it is because to stress. But im getting scared even aftr so many years im nt getting it regularly. Was shall I do so that I get my periods regularly.
Respected Doctor From last two week my wife suffered from cold and cough. And she is also pregnant. So how to cure from cold and cough in pregnancy. Please help. Thanks & Regards Nilesh S Palkar.
During my periods , I pass on large thicker blood clots & the menstrual cycle is very heavy, with more bleeding! For the past 2 months Am totally uncomfortable with this Is there anything serious? What should I do? Provide me any medications.
5 Amazing health benefits of a hot shower
A shower’s called a hot shower when it has the temperature of 35◦- 40◦ Celsius. Staying under hot water for about 5-10 minutes is all you need to do to reap these benefits of a hot water shower.
1. Hot shower makes your pores clean and fresh
A hot shower can open up your skin pores and release the impurities that clog them. Clogged pores can give rise to a number of skin problems like blemishes, blackheads and whiteheads, and acne. So, bathe in hot water to help prevent these skin conditions.
2. It produces Heat Shock Proteins
Having hot showers everyday causes your body to produce more heat shock proteins (HSP). These are a group of proteins produced by cells in your body in response to any stressful condition (such as exposure to heat or cold, UV light and so on). They have the power to repair damaged proteins (the building blocks of body cells), which are harmed on exposure to UV rays and oxygen, and are responsible for keeping you healthy.
3. It provides respite from muscular ache
The warmth from the hot water works by stimulating the healing process of your body, while reducing inflammation. Furthermore, heat is important for any kind of metabolic reaction to take place. By applying heat to your muscles, you end up accelerating the recovery process of your muscles and release the tension that gets build up in these parts of the body. Usually, spending 5 minutes under a hot shower is enough to get respite from muscular aches and pains.
Bathing in hot water can also bring about a decrease in insomnia and stress. Spending 10 minutes under a hot shower can soothe your body, mind as well as nerves.
5. It prepares your body for a workout session at the gym
Taking a hot shower is a simple and easy way to warm up before starting your morning workout session. When you wake up in the morning after a long night’s sleep, your muscles are usually stiff. A hot water bath can loosen stiff muscles, and increase your blood flow, warming you up perfectly before you start exercising.
Hi, I was having pain in my breast and my breasts become a little bit hard so it is normal or it have any problem please help me what can I do to get relief from this pain.
Hello, I am 28 years old and its been 6 months for my marriage now. I have 2 questions to be answered 1) irregular periods since maturity (i get my periods once in 2 months or 3 months and the flow is normal with the stomach pain for 2 days) so if I have to conceive what do I need to do? 2) since I have sinus problem from past 12 to 15 years I use nasal drops named naselin. And I am addicted to it completely cannot survive/breathe without it. So, if I plan to conceive wil that effect the baby in the womb? Or is there any alternative for this? Please help!
The procedure of breast reduction surgery-
Breast reduction surgeries can be conducted in an outpatient facility. You may have to stay for one night at a hospital as well. While performing this surgery, a patient is given general anaesthesia, which will make the patient asleep during the process.
Breast reduction surgery requires about two to five hours to be completed successfully. During the process, the surgeon will create a cut around the nipple and then on the breast. The cut is made in the shape of a keyhole. Extra skin, tissue and fat will be removed from the breast through the keyhole-shaped incision. Drainage tubes are also utilized for removal of excess skin and fat. After the removal is complete, and enough skin has been removed, the breasts are stitched. They are then wrapped in a special gauze. Sometimes, a surgical bra is required to be worn by the patient during the surgery.
Recovery from breast reduction surgery-
After a breast reduction surgery is performed, the patient must take a minimal one week off from any kind of work or school. Some women require two weeks or more to recover. However, this varies from patient to patient, but not more than three weeks are required for recovery. It is important to see the surgeon if you come across any problem.
You will be having follow up appointments with your surgeon, where the bandages and stitches on the breasts are removed.
As a part of the recovery process, a woman must abstain from all kinds of physical activities for one month following the surgery. After the surgery, it is likely for a patient to feel tired and experience breast pain. However, this is normal and you can have oral pain killers prescribed by your surgeon to get relief and ease. Heavy lifting should be strictly restricted.
Some women experience emotional reactions such as depression after the surgery. This too is normal, but you should talk to your surgeon about it.
Breast reduction surgery is an efficient cosmetic surgery, which enables women to reduce their breast size and volume. The results of such a surgery are quite satisfactory.
Almost all the metabolic processes in a person's body are influenced by the hormones produced by the thyroid gland. The most common types of thyroid diseases caused due to dysfunctional thyroid glands are Thyroid nodules, Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Goiter, Thyroiditis, and Thyroid Cancer.
Hypothyroidism is when the thyroid gland is underactive and the amount of hormones produced is insufficient. Hypothyroidism can be caused due to multiple reasons such as iodine deficiency, radiation or surgery on the thyroid gland, and drugs such as lithium and phenylbutazone. You should note that treating thyroid is not a speedy process and a reoccurrence of symptoms might also take place. However with the appropriate remedies and proper diet control, one can make sure that these symptoms are less pronounced.
Ayurveda: According to Ayurveda, imbalance or disequilibrium in the doshas is the main cause of hypothyroidism. The Kapha dosha i.e. the dosha responsible for body fluids and lubrication and Pitta dosha i.e. the dosha responsible for fire and water body humors, are vitiated. Lifestyle and diet discrepancies further promote imbalances in the doshas. Hypothyroidism is categorized under the Yapya diseases which recur once you cease to take the treatment.
- It is essential to consume adequate quantities of milk.
- Apart from that, coconut oil is one of the best remedies for a hypothyroid patient, since it increases slow and sluggish metabolism. Coconut contains MCFAs i.e. medium chain fatty acids and MTCs i.e. Medium chain triglycerides in abundance which help the metabolism be revved up.
- Ayurvedic herbs useful for treating hypothyroidism are kanchnar, Bauhinia variegata i.e. purple mountain ebony, Jatamansi, brahmi, guggulu, shilajit, gokshura, and punarnava.
- Consume a mixture of Indian gooseberry i.e. amla churna with honey, daily before breakfast.
- One of the main causes of Hypothyroidism is insufficient amount of iodine. Drinking the juice acquired from jalakumbhi i.e. Pistia Stratiotes everyday in doses amounting from 11gm to 22gm increases the iodine content and helps treat hypothyroidism.