Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
My wife whan givens feed to my baby boy he is just 8 months old a lot of pain is come left breast ,pl sugest
Hello sir recently I got married. And we feel that still 2 more years we don' t need children. Please suggest what are the steps we need to take for that. Please advice
I am 29 years female, every month in periods time I fell stomach pain. Its very pain. What I will do?
1) Will a girl get pregnant if she has oral sex? 2)Will a girl get pregnant if both the boy n the girl r wearing underwear n having fun on the bed? 3) can pregnancy take place if the boy uses a condom?
I had a normal delivery 3 months back. After 2 months I had a periods but in current month I did not had periods. I had done pregnancy test too and it was negative. Wat should I do?
We are mortals and changes are bound to happen in the functioning of our body and the organ's of the body with every passing day. How the body reacts to the external environment needs to be constantly studied. Therefore, It is important to keep a check of what's happening within your body and live a healthy life.
The check could be need based as suggested by doctor to diagnose a disease or for a general health! Ultrasound scan is an important diagnostic measure to check the state of the organs inside our body via sound waves. It's is also known as sonogram, diagnostic sonography and ultrasonography.
Types of Ultrasound
Although all types of ultrasound basically work the same, but there are a few differences in the below listed types of ultrasound. Doctor's conduct the test basis the need.
- Doppler Ultrasound
- Obstetric Ultrasound
- 3D and 4D Ultrasound
- Echocardiograms Carotid Ultrasound
How does it work and why it is done?
It uses high frequency sound waves to create an image of some part of the inside of the body, such as heart and blood vessels, liver, gallbladder, spleen, pancreas, kidneys, bladder, uterus, ovaries, eyes, thyroid, and testicles.
- View the uterus and ovaries of a pregnant woman and assess her foetus
- Diagnose gallbladder disease
- Evaluate flow in blood vessels
- Assess abdominal pain or other concerns
- Guides a surgeon on a needle biopsy and treatment of a tumor
- Kidney Stones
- Pelvic ultrasound for ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids, uterine growth and endometriosis
- The thyroid gland can be imaged using ultrasound looking for nodules, growths, or tumors
- Detect bulging of fluid from a swollen knee joint
- Veins evaluation to assess whether swelling in a leg is due to a blood clot, deep vein thrombosis or another cause
Why Ultrasound is preferred over other methods
- Generally painless and does not require needles, injections or incisions.
- Patients aren't exposed to ionizing radiation, making the procedure safer than diagnostic techniques, such as X-rays and CT scans. In fact, there are no known harmful effects when used as directed by your healthcare provider.
- Ultrasound captures images of soft tissues that don't show up well on X-rays.
- Ultrasound is widely accessible and less expensive than other methods.
It has some limitations, such as the sound waves do not transmit well through dense bones or parts of the body that may hold air or gas, such as the bowel and thus has a diagnostic limitation.
I am 22 years old female I have a seven month old girl child now am pregnant about 7 weeks and 4 days I need a MTP I already consult a doctor she gave me medroxy progesterone acetate and I complete that dose but after that I heard about that medicine it is not the proper medicine for the abortion and I have no any symptoms of abortion and I heard about mifepristone and mifepristone is that effective? Can I take that medicine?
Hi doctor. I am having irregular periods since after my delivery. can you please tell how can I make them come in time?
Is it compulsory that if a virgin girl have sex first time and bleeding has to be there? Please advise.
I am a 22 year old female. I had sex wid my bf last night and he dropped inside. But I got pee and cleaned and washed it up. I want to know that do I require to take ipill and if yes than also tell me is ipill harmfull for me as I am taking it first time.
- a person suffering from insomnia wakes up often during night and have trouble in going back to sleep again.
- or wakes up too early in morning
- or failure to maintain sleep
- or difficulty in falling asleep or the person goes late to sleep and feels very tired after waking uo.
Types of insomia- insomnia can be primary or secondary
Primary insomnia- when the sleeplessness is not associated with any kind of health problem it is termed as primary insomnia.
Secondary insomnia- when sleeplessness is associated with some health related problem like depression, asthma, arthritis, cancers it is said to be secondary insomnia.
Insomnia can be acute which is short lasting, where the problem last for one night to few weeks. Or it may be chronic which may last for 3 nights a week for a month or longer.
Some sleep disorders are caused by physical problems, the treatment of which can make sleeplessness disappear. Some are caused by medications and can be resolved by a change of prescriprion. Still others are caused by poor sleep habbits, such as too much napping which can be broken with education and efforts.
Below are some helpful hints for getting a good night rests:-
1. Maintain a regular sleep schedule. Getting up at the same time every morning synchronises the body's biological clock.
2. Keep the bedroom for sleeping. Don not read, watch tv or eat in bed.
3. If you do not fall asleep within 20 mins of going to bed, get up and read or listen to quite music untill you get sleepy.
4. Limit daytime naps.
5. Take 20-30 minutes warm bath before bed.
6. Drink a glass of milk just before bed.(warm or cold)
7. Avoid caffeinated beverages and chocolate in the afternoon and evening.
8. Don't drink alcohol before bed time. It can cause sleeplessness at night.
9. Exercise during the day but not before going to bed.
10. According to Dr. Anna wriz - justice leader of the research team at psychiatric university clinic of chronobiology ans sleep laboratory, switzerland, keeping the hands and feet warm in cold bedroom induces sleep quickly.
Breast cancer is one of the most feared diagnoses in women. When cancerous cells develop in a woman's breast, irregular lumps, changes in the shape or size of the breast and discharge of blood from the nipples may be experienced. There are lots of preventive measures that you can take to avoid breast cancer. It is important to live a healthy life with as less exposure to toxins as possible. Here are some tips and strategies that can lower your risk of breast cancer
- Plant based diet - Studies have shown that a high plant based diet, full of vegetables and fruits, is packed with antioxidants, minerals, and nutrients that lower the risk of breast cancer. Eat light, and avoid refined sugar and processed meat. Try to construct a healthy Mediterranean diet plan rich in olive oil and nuts.
- Maintain an appropriate weight - Do not gain extra weight as obesity and excessive weight gain are related to breast cancer. Cut down on fat and exercise regularly to lead an active life.
- Breastfeeding - If you are a new mom, breastfeed your baby as it has numerous health benefits for both you and your child, including lowering the chances of breast cancer in the mother.
- Sleep - It is important to get 8 hours of sleep every night to live a healthy life. Many studies have shown that a short duration of sleep and exposure to light at night that disrupts the circadian rhythm increases the risk of breast cancer.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol - Do not smoke as it increases the chances of cancer in other organs and also leads to toxin inclusion in the body. Also, be sure to drink in moderation as excess alcohol consumption is cancer causing offender.
- Artificial hormones - Women during menopause often resort to hormone replacement therapy, and the extended use of this therapy can heighten the risk of breast cancer. Therefore, it is recommended to look for other options to smoothen your transition to the menopausal phase.
Related Tip: Homeopathic treatments for cancer
I am 35 years old and diagnosed with endometriosis and unhealthy fallopian tubes. My doctor has advised IVF. Please advise.
A healthy, balanced diet is important for any person for leading a healthy life. However, it is quite likely for you to get bored with the same dietary pattern.
Here are some changes you can make to your regular healthy diet to make it more interesting.
Change your way of cutting: Cutting the vegetables for your salad in the same way using your chopping board makes your diet look boring. You can change the way you cut the vegetables to make it more exciting. You can try stick forms, grating and shaving techniques instead of regular chopping. You can also food-process the vegetables to change their texture.
Add your own ingredients to existing salad recipes: You may try adding cooked vegetables with raw vegetables, by chopping each vegetable into a different pattern. A simple change in the cutting technique and mixing some vegetables will make your meals more attractive.
Dressings, Dips and Sauces: Dips and sauces are one of the best ways to liven up your meals. You can add any kind of fresh dip, sauce or dressing to a vegetable meal. This would transform the entire taste of the meal. Mixing varieties of dips will enable you to create tastier and creamier dips, which can be used in many ways. Dips enable you to lead a healthy lifestyle along with tasty meals. Dips and sauces can be used as a salad topping or dressing, can be applied over hot vegetables and be used in various other forms. They also make the meal more bulky. Such dips can be prepared at home or can be bought from stores. You can carry them while you travel to enjoy extra tasty but healthy meals everywhere you go.
Try new food items: Experimenting with ingredients and introducing new foods in your diet add variety and cut the monotony. You should try ingredients which you never used before. There are lots of different fruits and vegetables in the market to choose from. You should visit different grocery stores, markets and gourmet stores in order to find new food items. Nowadays, a huge variety of fruits and vegetables is available.
Use Herbs and Spices: You can totally change the look of a meal by adding fresh herbs or spices. Using different herbs and spices enables you to change the taste of existing recipes. Herbs such as mint, coriander, basil, parsley and others can enhance your salad’s taste. Spices blend in all kinds of preparations to produce new taste and smell. Try different spices and herbs to get delightful results.
You can spice up your regular healthy meals in many different ways. This makes your meals tastier and more attractive. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
I have cough. Cough increases only in cold. In night when I am on bed its normal and in day time it increases. I have this problem since 2 years. I take treatment from but they told me yiu have infection. I had test my blood and urine all normal.
During sex a white liquid released. Is it common in girls or not? If any girl does nt release white liquid then is ther any problem with her or not?
I am working women. I am working as assistant professor. My job timing is 10: 00 am - 5: 30 pm. I have 16 month old baby. I feel always fatigueness. What can I do so I become more energetic everyday. My age is 31 year.
Infertility is a medical condition which is characterised by problems in successful conception, even after prolonged and frequent unprotected sex amongst a couple. Infertility may occur due to problems with either the male, the female partner and in many cases both of them. This condition can cause much strife in a relationship not just within the individuals but also be a cause for social embarrassment. The causes of infertility could be-
Testicular injury or deformed testis,
Irregular menstrual periods,
Problems with erections,
Uterus is ill-shaped,
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome,
Pelvic inflammatory diseases caused by Sexually transmitted infections such as gonorrhea and Chlamydia,
Scanty sperm count,
Blockage of the fallopian tube.
Other lifestyle related reasons could be excessive alcohol consumption, aging, diabetes, obesity, high pressure and as a side effect of radiation therapy or other medications.
Ayurveda and Infertility-
According to Ayurvedic scriptures, infertility occurs when there is a deficiency of nutrients in the Shukra Dhatu of an individual. This might occur as a result of indigestion and excessive toxic content in the human body. This could be caused due to excessive consumption of spicy foods or if they have chronic stress or anxiety. The Ayurvedic remedies boost the nutrition of the Shukra Dhatu in order to boost fertility. The most potent Ayurvedic herbs which can cure infertility are as follows:
A prescribed consumption of the powder of dried banyan bark along with sugar might help to cure infertility.
The inclusion of cumin and turmeric powder in regulated dosages in your daily food might also help to facilitate fertility.
A consumption of the root of the herb Ashwagandha for 3 times a day has also been shown to be beneficial.
A daily consumption of the powder of Vanari Kalpa in warm milk might help in curing any problems related to the ejaculation of semen.
Consuming a mixture of the powder of Vrushya vati in warm milk, it might help to increase the sperm count.
The consumption of Ayurvedic preparation of phalasarpi (a mixture of the herbs Kustha, manjistha, Triphala, tagara, haldi etc.) might help to deal with the problems of infertility in women.
Yoga also has many effective asanas or poses which help boost both male and female fertility and thus may help in correcting infertility caused due to physical factors such as injuries or deformities.
Changes in lifestyle also have to be brought in such as quitting smoking, reducing alcohol consumption among others.