Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neeta Jain
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neeta JainYour feedback matters!
I had unprotected sex with my would be wife for the first time. On 20 the October 4 pm .and she took unwanted 72 on 23 rd October 10 am in the morning. Will she get pregnant?
Hai sir. I (female) am fingering from 4 years to get satisfaction. Is it effect in my future. Any problem please give me suggestion.
Hi I am 26 years unmarried girl. From.last few months my lower abdomen has come out despite of skipping lunch as I do not eat too much. Is it due to menstrual cycle or due to any other reason.
Most people think of sex as an enjoyable and pleasurable act. For many reasons, some physical and some psychological, sexual problems are very common, though not declared and discussed. More often than not, very close friends and the Internet could be the only ones who are reached out to for help. What is important to understand is that what works for one person may not work for another, and therefore treatment is best taken after talking to a professional. Sexual problems can be threatening to the health of the relationship and can break relationships too.
Read on to know the 3 most common sexual problems in males and females.
- Reduced libido: While men are perceived to have higher libido in general, due to various physical and psychological issues, libido can be affected. Performance anxiety, high blood pressure, strained relationships and hormonal imbalance are some common reasons for reduced libido.
- Impotence: The inability to attain and/or maintain an erection long enough for sexual intercourse is known as impotence. This is extremely common and again can be due to performance anxiety, strained relationships, and hormonal imbalance. Detecting the underlying cause through sexual counseling is the key to treatment.
- Ejaculation disorders: There are multiple ejaculation disorders including premature, retrograde, and inhibited – referring to early release of sperms, release of sperms back into the bladder and delayed release of sperms respectively. These are due to physiological reasons and treatment would depend on identifying the underlying cause.
For most sexual problems in men, treatment in the form of medications and hormones are available. However, the most effective and important thing is to come to terms with it. Counseling and sex education play the most vital role. In most cases, a frank discussion with a counselor involving the partner solves half the problem. The rest would be managed by hormone replacements, vacuum devices, penile implants, etc.
- Reduced libido: More common in women, this can be due to hormonal (menopausal), unpleasant relationships, pelvic pain, painful sex, infections, etc.
- Dyspareunia: Painful sex, can be caused by vaginal dryness, pelvic area infections, urinary tract infections, etc. This again leads to decreased libido. The underlying reason needs to be addressed and lubricants can be used for relief.
- Anorgasmia: An inability to achieve orgasm, this also needs investigation, and most often, sex education and counseling helps.
Treatment: It involves a combination of medications, hormonal therapy, education, and counseling. Vaginal dryness can be treated using lubricants. Infections or inflammation in the pelvic tract need to be treated with medications. Supplement hormones are also often useful. Sex counseling with the partner involved is the most effective method. Women would need more coaxing to come forth and discuss on these topics.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am a girl of age 21 and I masturbate a lot whenever I am alone due to which I'm unable to concentrate on studies and I sleep alot and always tired sleepy.
Hello Respected Doctors. My wife age 29 years and I am 45 years old. I only want to know can I do foreplay during period.
I am looking for less side effect tablets for unwanted pregnancies as we are boring using condoms. Or any other best way to avoid using condoms Pls advice me. I am 40 years and my wife is 35 yrs. We have 2 kids already.
Is there any medicine to stop vaginal bleeding. Tried every 21 days capsule. Period duration is just half a day, very Little. What should I do? Unmarried and no sex.
A number of problems when contracted can affect your life and the life of your partner, especially problems which are related to your physical relationship. Premature ejaculation is one such problem and it refers to the inability to retain the erection until the end of the intercourse and usually happens when the male ends up ejaculating sooner than planned or immediately upon penetration. Premature ejaculation is a condition that many men suffer due to the advancement of age as well as low pelvic strength and other ailments. Also, it can be caused due to stress and panic regarding one's performance. Whatever be the cause, it is an embarrassing situation that calls for help if it persists for too long. Here are a few tips to ensure that you gain better control over premature ejaculation.
- Deep breathing Exercise: Sometimes, too much of excitement can lead to a variety of problems including premature ejaculation. If this becomes a normal occurrence, you can try practicing deep breathing during the act of sex to calm yourself down and slow down the frenzy so that you are more attuned to your surroundings and partner rather than yourself and the panic you may be feeling. Taking deep and slow gulps of air can ensure that you focus on the act rather than getting caught up in the excitement.
- Medications: there are broadly two kinds of medical treatments - local application anaesthetic gels that numb the area around the tip of penis and tablets that prolong ejaculation time. One needs to consult a sexologist, psychiatrist or a urologist to know more about them.
- Stop and Start: This is a method that many sexologists recommend. The stop and start method is one that will have to be practiced individually so that you are able to retain more control over your ejaculation when you are with your partner. Basically, in this method, you are required to start the process of masturbation and stop just short of ejaculation. After doing this several times and on a regular basis, you will find that your brain reacts in the same way when you are having intercourse, which will delay the ejaculation to a normal period.
- Kegel: If you thought that kegel exercises are only for women, then you need to think again. Premature ejaculation also signifies low pelvic strength for many cases and you would do well to invest time in a few exercises like the kegel, which will build up your pelvic strength so that you are able to control premature ejaculation in a better way.
Persistent problems that are not fixed with these methods should be addressed with a consult to a doctor.