Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neeru Arora
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neeru AroraYour feedback matters!
What oral contraceptive pills that has minimal side effect shall I take to avoid pregnancy if I am doing without condom n for the first time.
When it comes to the health benefits of pumpkin seeds, they are many in number. Pumpkin seeds are high in zinc, magnesium and vitamins like K and E. Many people are not aware of that and they throw away the seeds after they prepare a pumpkin dish. Pumpkin seeds are very beneficial for those who are suffering from long-term diseases like Arthritis, heart diseases and cancer.
We can consume pumpkin seeds in a lot of ways like chewing the seeds or crushing the seeds.
* Stress Relief: The anti-stress neurochemical in the pumpkin seeds helps relieve anxiety and other related conditions.
* Osteoporosis: Pumpkin seeds are very beneficial for women who are suffering from osteoporosis as it contains a good amount of zinc which helps to boost the immune system and fights osteoporosis.
* Prevents Cancer: One of the most deadliest and common diseases which is spreading is cancer. The best health benefit of pumpkin seeds is that it helps to prevent any type of cancer.
* Diabetes: Pumpkin seeds are rich in acids, which helps the diabetic patients to regulate the insulin and also protects the diabetic patient from kidney problems.
* Kidneys: Those who are suffering from kidney stones should consume pumpkin seeds on a regular basis or at least once in a week. These seeds will dissolve the stones naturally.
* Relieve the Pain: The Anti-inflammatory properties of pumpkin seeds help to reduce pain and inflammation.
* Super-Food: Pumpkin seeds can be termed as a Superfood, because it boosts our energy levels.
* Heart-healthy: Those who are suffering from heart problems should make it a habit to consume pumpkin seeds which help to get rid of coronary artery and cardiovascular disease.
Ayurveda is a field where the medicinal properties of the various herbs used has been proven scientifically, over the years. This ancient life science, also brings in a knowledge base that can help in treating a variety of ailments. Sexual dysfunction is one such ailment, which can leave a person with a less than stellar sex life. The various phases of sexual activity from stimulation to excitement and gratification can suffer due to such ailments which can prevent any or all phases from occurring in the first place. The disorders can affect the ejaculation, potency, orgasm and arousal as well.
There are variety of herbs that act as aphrodisiacs in Ayurveda and can help in treating sexual disorders in males and females, as follows:
- Nutmeg: Nutmeg powder and extract can be used by men, who are suffering from sexual dysfunction. It can also increase the potency and the libido of the male patients who ingest it. This herb can also be used by women who are experiencing lack of libido and stimulation. Many women in Africa have used this herb since ancient times to build better sexual health.
- Date palm pollen: The pollen from date palms can help in increasing the sperm count of the male patient who has a low sperm count. This aphrodisiac also improves male fertility.
- Ashwagandha: This is a good aphrodisiac for both male and female patients who are undergoing sexual disorders. It can help in sexual stimulation even as it fixes issues like lack of libido and erectile dysfunction.
- Fadogia agrestis: This herb can help in increasing the testosterone level, which is responsible for better sexual stimulation and other sexual functions in male patients.
- Lepidium meyenii: This is a herb that has originated in Peru and is also known as Maca. This herb can help in fixing infertility in male and female patients. It contains various elements like sterols, campesterol and sitosterol among many others that can improve fertility.
- Saffron: This herb is known to boost the libido by leaps and bounds and is even used to garnish a hot glass of milk just before bedtime, as it acts as a good aphrodisiac when combined with milk. A strand or two can work wonders, as per Ayurvedic practices.
- Passion Flower: This is considered as a good aphrodisiac because it helps in reducing anxiety and stress, which can soothe a person and create a better environment for stimulation and excitement. It can be used by male and female patients alike.
There are many herbs as per Ayurveda, which can be used as aphrodisiacs in order to cure sexual disorders. These can be taken on a regular basis, in moderation.
5 Ways Sex Makes You Look More Beautiful
If you haven't noticed the glow yet, check yourself out in the mirror before and after sex.
Regular sex can do so much more than give you toe-curling orgasms, it can actually leave you looking and feeling good.
Here are 5 ways this happens.
1. You Glow:
When you have frequent sex, the production of estrogen, a hormone which contributes to healthier hair and skin increases. In the process, the collagen production also increases keeping your skin firm, soft. If you haven't noticed the glow yet, check yourself out in the mirror before and after sex.
2. Great workout:
Good sex is dirty, sweaty and can leave you panting with the kind of exhaustion you get from hitting the gym. Recent research suggested that women burn 3.1 calories and men burn 4.2 calories for every minute of sex that they have. So, more sex means more weight loss, and this will cause you to feel great and confident in your body.
3. Beats depression:
The orgasms can be your ultimate antidepressant. When you reach the climax your body releases the compound serotonin which is responsible for making you feel happy and content. When you are less depressed, you feel happier. When you are happy you smile which does a lot to improve your beauty.
4. Reduces stress:
Stress can show on your face and make you look dull and tired. When you reach the climax during sex, a huge amount of oxytocin is released in your body. Oxytocin can lower the production of the stress hormone, cortisol.
5. More attractive:
When you have sex, you release pheromones which make you look very attractive. So know that sex is only making you appear more beautiful to the opposite sex.
I am 24 years old I have one boy baby of 2 years and I am. In planning not to be pregnant again and I want some gap I am. Using birth control pill as yasmin. My last month periods was on 08.03.2017. Till now I dint get and I never tested for pregnancy test and I don't want to be pregnant pls suggest me.
I am 36 week pregnant. My scan report shows cord seen once around the neck. What does it mean? Is there any problem?
Irregular periods since 1 year got tested lh was 24 and fsh 3 all other test like prolactin, thyroid and ultrasound normal but with high lh doctor prescribed normoz taking normoz since 5 months but still cycles are 50-60 months apart. Not overweight weight is 47 kg nd height 5 ft 6 inch.
I am 28 years female and undergone vaginal delivery 3 months back. I am still feeding my baby. How can I go back to shape with flat tummy as before.
I took ipill yesterday night, and I am tensed about the side effects ,please tell me how would it affect me.
I had sex sex on 20th march, 3 4 days back of my cycle. Still now didn't get my period. Can I go for pregnancy test now? Will it give the correct result now 27th?
Muje period aane me is bar let ho gaga h pahle time to time ho jata tha lekin is bar 2 month ho gsye h lekin avi tak nhi aaya h kya reason h and please koi dawa batao sir jis se main period la saku.
In the olden days, we had food scarcity and too much physical work. So obesity and lifestyle diseases were less among people. In those times people used to eat heavily when more food was available and eat less when no food was available.
Then came the agricultural revolution era and a smart public distribution system. Food become abundant. It became impossible to change our centuries' old habit and we started eating more.
Then came industrial, it developments and opening up of markets. It created the following things:
Less physical work. Too much mental strain. Odd working hours. Availability of cheap tasty junk foods.
All these started leading to lifestyle diseases like obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Then came the medical era (the current period), when the incidences of the above said diseases started growing out of proportions. Nowadays we have started realizing that
We are over eating. We are eating junk calories, food with high fat and salt content. We are leading a sedentary lifestyle.
We have started seeing our parents, relatives, friends getting these diseases, and we have come to know that there is no escape, since they too lead a similar lifestyle. This is the awareness era. Now availability of resources like internet and health magazines are changing people's mind to lead a healthy and fit life.
How to lead a healthy lifestyle and avoid lifestyle diseases?
Stop smoking, reduce alcohol consumption to once a week (two drinks only, it is better if avoid alcohol. Control your existing illnesses like diabetes and hypertension by dedicated dieting and regular consultation with your physician.
Physical activity: 40 minutes a day, minimum 5 days a week. Stop junk foods completely, reduce sugar, salt and oil consumption.
Sleep well (5-8 hours). Everybody has a different biological clock. A refreshing night's sleep varies from person to person. For some 5 hours is enough, for some they need 8 hours. Find out which person you are and start sleeping for the correct time.
I have sex with my gf for the first time, but she is not bleeding during nor after sex, how can I know that she is a virgin, when I ask she said that its her first time but her vergina got bit lose when I have sex and she seem that no pain with her when I pit my panis in her vergina, can you suggest me doctor.
I am 26 years old and I have pcos. I am confused about my diet. Inspite of walking and exercise I am not satisfied with my weight loss. Is there any medication or diet following that I can have regular periods.
HIV testing in pregnancy should be done early so as standard care can be taken for the pregnant women. The HIV testing must be repeated in the third trimester, usually before 36 weeks of gestation. This should be done in women with HIV seronegative and also in pregnant women who are at a high risk of developing HIV infection.
Expedited HIV tests should be performed at the time of delivery and labor and this is a must in women who have not been documented for HIV. The results of the test should be available within an hour of the test and the testing should be available 24 hours. In case the results are positive then, infant postnatal antiretroviral and intrapartum drug prophylaxis should be started immediately.
Women who have not been able to get tested for HIV at the time of labor and delivery are suggested expedited screening for HIV. Their screening can be done immediately postpartum or their babies should undergo screening. In case the infant and mother, both are positive, then infant antiretroviral drug prophylaxis should be started immediately. These mothers should avoid breastfeeding their babies, until the supplemental HIV tests are negative. In infants with positive HIV, prophylaxis should be discontinued and antiretroviral drug therapy should be started.
In case of acute HIV infection during pregnancy, that is in the intrapartum period, or during breastfeeding, initial testing can be performed with an antigen/antibody combination immunoassay. If the supplemental test is negative, then an additional test which is the virologic test (DNA, RNA) are necessary for the diagnosis of the HIV infection. If the mother is HIV positive, then this information must be documented in the infant's medical record and also communicated to the infant's care provider.
The knowledge of an antenatal maternal HIV infection allows the:
- Women with HIV infection to get the correct antiretroviral therapy along with prophylaxis for the infections, which might occur due to the immunocompromised state of the body. This also prevents and decreases the risk of transmission to their partners.
- When there is provision for antiretroviral therapy for the mother during pregnancy and labor along with antiretroviral drug prophylaxis for the baby there is less risk of perinatal transmission of the HIV.
- The HIV-infected women should be counseled for a cesarean delivery. The option of an elective cesarean reduces the perinatal transmission of the HIV.
- The HIV women should be counseled about the risk of breastfeeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.