Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Neeru AggarwalYour feedback matters!
In today’s world, we are going back to basics with a conscious effort to eat organically grown and home cooked food for a fit body. This is due to the fact that there has been a revival of many age old wellness movements like Ayurveda. Ayurveda is an ancient medical field that relies on the use of massages, oils and herbs for the resolution of various ailments. As per Ayurveda and other arms of holistic medical fields, green tea is an ingredient that is highly beneficial for the health.
Read on to know more about the health benefits of green tea:
- Antioxidants and Bioactive Compounds: Green tea consists of a number of bioactive compounds that can improve one’s health. These bioactive compounds include polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins which are best known as antioxidants. The formation of free radicals in the body is curbed by these substances which can further prevent aging and other ailments. The EGCG or Epigallocatechin Gallate is one of the most powerful antioxidants that can be found easily in green tea.
- Brain Function: There are also a number of brain boosting minerals and compounds found in green tea. These substances improve the brain function and keep away the signs of aging when it comes to this area. Caffeine is one of the key ingredients in green tea. This ingredient acts as a vital stimulant, which keeps the brain well functioning. Also, it has a positive effect on the neurons and neurotransmitters that are released by the brain. These neurotransmitters include dopamine and norepinephrine. In this way, green tea also reduces the risk of falling prey to conditions like Alzheimer’s Disease and Parkinson’s Disease.
- Fat Burning: Green tea is an excellent fat burning supplement that is fast gaining popularity in the weight management market. The various elements of green tea help in boosting the rate of metabolism and increasing the fat burning process. This is due to the fact that it increases the expenditure of energy to a great degree. Green tea is also credited with the mobilisation of various fatty acids that can be found in the fat tissue of the body.
- Cancer: Green tea also reduces the risk of cancer because it has a number of antioxidants. It helps in the prevention of various kinds of cancer including prostate cancer, breast cancer and even colorectal cancer.
M planning for my baby. I want to have twins child is there any process from which I can have twins.
I am 19 week pregnant and I have still not started feeling any movements of my baby. When will it start.
Tulsi - a **miracle** plant
Tulsi is regarded as an 'elixir of life' and believed to promote longevity. It is considered to be an adaptogen, balancing different processes in the body. It has also been suggested to possess antifertility, anticancer, antidiabetic, antifungal, antimicrobial, hepatoprotective, cardioprotective, antiemetic, antispasmodic, analgesic, and diaphoretic actions.
1. It is considered as a tonic to retain youth and avoid aging. Vitamin c, vitamin a, phytonutrients and the essential oils in tulsi are excellent antioxidants and protect the body from nearly all the damages caused by the free radicals.
2. It is anti-carcinogenic and it found to be effective in healing nearly all types of cancer and tumors.
3. It reduces total cholesterol levels and blood pressure. Thus, it is useful for heart disease patients.
4. It is useful in the treatment of respiratory system disorders. A decoction of the leaves, with honey and ginger, is an effective remedy for bronchitis, asthma, influenza, cough and cold.
5. It can protect from radiation poisoning and also heals up damages caused by radiations. It acts as a vaccine against pox if consumed regularly.
6. It is used as a mouth wash. It is very good for maintaining dental health, counteracting bad breath and for massaging the gums. It is also useful in pyorrhea.
7. It also cures ulcer in the mouth. It is also known to help inhibit the growth of oral cancer caused by chewing tobacco etc.
8. It is an excellent antibiotic, germicidal, fungicidal and disinfectant and very efficiently protects our body from nearly all sorts of bacterial, viral and fungal infections.
9. Consumption of tulsi leaves decoction helps prevent and heal fever.
10. It has a hypoglycemic effect, so it reduces blood glucose levels. Thus, it is useful for diabetics.
11. It helps in building up stamina, hence used to prepare herbal tea.
12. Its regular consumption can protect eyes from all the damages done by the free radicals, such as cataract, macular degeneration, glaucoma, vision defects, opthalmia etc. Due to its high antioxidant properties.
13. Recent studies on tulsi proved to be a useful medication for people living with human immunodeficiency virus (hiv), and acquired immune deficiency virus (aids).
14. Tulsi, being a detoxifier and mild diuretic in nature, can help reduce uric acid level (main culprit as far as kidney stones are concerned) concentration in the blood as well as helps cleaning of the kidneys through urination.
15. Tulsi oil application on the body keeps mosquitoes and other insects away.
B. How to use-:
1. Tulsi leaves extract (swaras)-
- how to prepare - take some fresh tulsi leaves, wash them, then crush them well and squeeze the pure extract.
- dose - 2tablespoon in adults empty stomach in the morning.
- beneficial in cold, cough, fever, oral ulcer, liver disorders, indigestion, bronchitis, insect bites, cancer ((bacterial and viral infections).
- extenal application of tulsi leaves extract- in fungal infections, ringworm, insect bites.
2. Tulsi leaves decoction (kaadha)-
- how to prepare - take some fresh tulsi leaves, wash them, boil with 4cups of water. Boil this until 1cup of water remains.
- dose- drink half cup (lukewarm) in the morning on empty stomach and a half cup in the evening.
- beneficial in pyorrhea, cold, cough, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, gastric disorders, tuberculosis (bacterial and viral infections).
- a decoction of the whole plant lowers the blood sugar (glucose) level and is said to control diabetes mellitus.
- a decoction of the root of tulsi plant is given as a diaphoretic in malarial fever.
- the regular consumption of tulsi leaves extract or decoction helps prevent viral fevers, cough, cold and many other diseases.
What are causes of poly cystic ovarian disease. And is this causes for to remain pregnant? Please help.
My wife is pregnant and she has an increase in her bumb size. Will it come back to same size after birth of child?
I am 22 years old female and I have a polysystic every disease for last 4 years, I had consult so many doctors but could not get any proper solution, what should I do?
More than half of the women who menstruate, tend to go through pain from period cramps for a day or two every month. During the menstrual cycle, the uterus contracts to remove its coating or lining. Hormone like substances, called prostaglandins, which are the cause for pain and aggravation, trigger the uterine muscle contractions. More elevated levels of prostaglandins are linked with more severe menstrual cramps.
While menstrual cramps, additionally called dysmenorrhea, are normally not an indication of a highly serious health condition, they can act as barriers in your daily lifestyle. To help with the pain, here are five things that may offer some relief. In case your period cramps appear to be extreme or you do not get help even after attempting some of these choices, check with your specialist for the required medication or treatment. Five ways to prevent severe menstrual cramps are:
- Exercise: A regular walk or any sort of physical movement can relieve you from the abdomen and thigh pain. This discharges endorphins to balance the prostaglandins and diminish your cramps. Exercising a little three to four times each week is useful for the general strength of your body.
- Apply a heating pad: Warmth unwinds the contracting muscles in your uterus, which is the reason for your pain. There are a number of over-the-counter warming pads and cushions, or electric, reusable heating bags.
- Drink chamomile tea: Certain teas may calm menstrual cramps. Teas have been used traditionally and can offer relief from pain. Chamomile tea is one of the most effective teas among many others. It tends to increase the hippurate element in your body, which is a natural anti-inflammatory agent. Mitigating agents diminish the prostaglandin formation in the body, accordingly assisting in pain relief from menstrual cramps.
- Improve your diet: Vitamin D is vital in decreasing menstrual cramps. Decreasing your fat intake and eating more vegetables as a part of your diet may ease the pain. Low-fat food and less carbs help your health by and large, even as they can have an obvious impact on menstrual issues. Swap less solid fats like the saturated fats found in junk food, for more healthy ones like unsaturated fats found in olive oil. Getting more dietary magnesium appears to relieve the pain as well. Magnesium directs better nerve and muscle functioning, among other crucial functions.
- Massage with essential oils: Using certain sweet-smelling oils and massaging them can likewise soothe menstrual pain. Dilute lavender, clary sage, or marjoram to a three percent concentration in an unscented cream. The duration of pain can be lessened from two and a half to one day after self-massaging with these essential oils. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I have PCOD problem from last 15 yrs. Started from delay period in the age of 20. My doc suggest glycomet in liquid form as some symptom of PCOS seen in my ultrasound report. At age of 22 my first baby girl born and after 2 years my second baby boy born. All going perfectly after marriage without any medicine. But from past 7 years PCOS became PCOD. N I have put weight from 62 (constant) to 78 now. I have taken homeopathy medicine, 5 time took 6 month medicine pills also. But all in vein. After stopping medicine. Problem again happen. Now issue is what is the reason behind dis problem? How it can be cure without medicine. Is my weight will come down after taking its medicine regularly? Is glycomet safe if regular takes.
Consult a physiotherapist if you have experienced a fall recently and the discomfort caused due to it has not subsided.