Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neeru Aggarwal
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Neeru AggarwalYour feedback matters!
Here are the 4 reasons as to why you need to make watermelon your companion this season:
1) A well of water - With around 92% of water trapped in that green melon ball, one can never be thirsty or dehydrated when consuming watermelon. It is a perfect source of hydration. Watermelon is full of good electrolytes, and these electrolytes can help you prevent heat strokes in summers.
2) An all-rounder - Watermelon is a hydrator, a fruit and a vegetable. Yes, you read that right. Watermelon is a fruit as well as a vegetable. It can be traced back to the cucumber family known as Cucurbitaceae. Not to forget the rind, this can be consumed as well.
3) The Multi-tasking Rind - Don’t we love a multi-tasker? Well, the watermelon rind is one of them. The watermelon rind contains citrulline which makes arginine, an amino acid, which is responsible for making proteins which lead to relaxation of blood vessels. The citrulline also leads to less muscle fatigue which therefore allows you to extend your workout sessions. And with only 1.8 calories in 1 inch cube of watermelon rind, it is a must to make some place for it, in your diet or daily meals.
4. The fertility seeds - Watermelon seeds contain more lycopene than raw tomatoes. This matters because lycopene acts as an antioxidant which stops the free radicals from making any damage to cells and immune system. Lycopene is not only good for your face but also helps in improving male fertility.
Take Away - Who says, money cannot buy health? You can buy a watermelon! So, when are you buying health? And making it your companion this season!
If you have any further questions on Ayurveda, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Homeopathy is a department of natural medicine based on the Principle of Similars and a non-toxic system of experimental science of therapeutics originated in Germany. From Germany (year 1796) homeopathy spreads to Austria (1816) and then to the rest of the Europe. The birth date of the founder and father of Homeopathy i.e. 10 April every year is celebrated as ‘World Homeopathy Day’ and the week following his birthday (10-16th April) is celebrated as ‘World Homeopathy Awareness Week’
Principle of similar (Let likes be treated by likes) talks about the pathogenetic and symptomatic similarity between the drug and the disease and is stated as
The drug which is most likely to cure or relieve a case of disease is that which when administered to a healthy person, has shown itself capable of producing symptoms and change in sensation experienced which most closely resemble those of the case of disease.
In 1790, he discovered principle of similar when he found that drug which was known to be curative actually produces those very symptoms when given to a healthy person. He said, “Substances which arouse a kind of fever extinguish the types of intermittent fevers…Cinchona cures intermittent fever by virtue of its power to produce in the healthy, a similar affection”. But the principle was published in 1796.
The same drug acts differently when given to a person under conditions of disease from what it would do in the same person when in health. The powers of any drug over the human organism, is the sum-total of the symptoms and alternations it has caused when introduced into a healthy organism, and the symptoms and morbid changes it has removed when given to the sick
In other words, the specific curative property of a drug lies in its power of producing similar symptoms in a healthy individual i.e. the drugs have sickness-making as well as sickness curing properties, the sickness being the same . What a drug can cause it can cure; and that if you want to know what a drug can cure, you have only to discover what it can cause
Homoeopathy maintains that there is a constant relationship between the effect of drugs on the healthy and the curative reactions they call forth in the sick, so, clearly, you must test drugs on healthy people. If a compound caused symptoms in healthy volunteers, it should then also serve as a remedy for patients who actually suffer from such symptoms.
Hahnemann found that when a medicine was able to produce changes similar in nature and expression to that of the natural disease in the patient, it stimulated a response in spite of obstacles or sluggishness of the system. This response was the natural one the body used in curing itself. The response was a temporary aggravation of one or more symptoms followed by quick amelioration.
Disease can be cured by a medicinal substance given in small doses that produces similar symptoms in health people when given in large doses. In simple words, the medicine can cure when given in picogram doses what it can cause in milligram doses.
1. Red onion when peeled makes your eyes water and your nose burn. If you are having an attack of hay fever/common cold with watering eyes and a burning nose or a cold which is ‘worse indoors, better in open air’, a homeopathic remedy made from onion called allium cepa can relieve it.
2. Poison ivy causes redness, intense itching, burning, blistering and sometimes stiff muscles. Potentised poison ivy called as rhus tox (a homeopathy medicine) has been used for herpes, burns, eczema, allergy, arthritis, etc.
3. When you are stung by a bee you feel a burning, stinging pain and the tissues surrounding the area swell up. Some relief is gained from applying cold to the area. If you had swollen tonsils with burning and stinging pain relieved by cold, a homeopathic remedy prepared from the same source Apis Mellificia could cure.
5. Eyebright causes a clear and bland nasal discharge along with tears that burn and irritate the skin under the eye. The homeopathic medicine Euphrasia prepared from eyebright cures it.
6. Quinine (derived form Cinchona bark) given in daily doses to a healthy person can cause symptoms similar to malaria. Indeed, the Cinchona officinalis, a homeopathic medicine prepared from cinchona bark, is curative in many patients with malaria.
7. White Hellebore, in large doses, causes violent purging that leads to severe dehydration-symptoms similar to cholera. Veratrum album, a homeopathic medicine prepared from White Hellebore is effective against cholera
8. Belladonna, a homeopathic medicine, is used to treat scarlet fever (fever due to Group A Streptococcal (bacterial) Infection), since the symptoms of belladonna poisoning closely resemble those of scarlet fever
9. Human body can tolerate about 7 grams of salt per day, but if we triple it and give 21 grams per day, we will have a very sick person within a fortnight with a host of symptoms peculiar to the substance given in high enough doses. A medicine prepared from common salt called Natrum mur can cure host of diseases ranging from hypertension to depression.
Hi I want to ask about white discharged problem. Why am I facing it very often 2 to 3 times I have treat it and it. Was actually affected than once again I am facing it so please can you advise me some thing that can help me or what cause this problem so often please is it because of some eating habits or because of some exercise. Thank you.
Hi, We are in 5th month of pregnancy. In last ultrasound we came to know that there us white spot in baby's heart. Dr. said that its common and it will disappear in coming weeks. Is there a problem? Please let us know.
Hlo doctor, m 7 weeks pregnant my rubella igg is 210 and further avidity in rubella is 94 percent kindly suggest me about this virus. Is it harmful for my child or its normal. If you need report I can also send.
My girlfriend has menses on 17 may and this month. We got sex on 14 June after half and hour she had menses. Will she got pregnant.
All of us have our 'good hours' and 'bad hours' each day. While there are the night owls, who are more productive and ideating in the late night hours, there are others who like to be the early bird that literally catches the worm. For both these categories, there are again hours where the energy wanes. Did you know there are some simple techniques that can help to maintain consistent levels of energy throughout the day?
As much as possible, try and maintain a regular routine in terms of waking up, eating at the same hours as closely as possible, and retiring for the day. The biological clock or circadian rhythm needs to be maintained as much as possible if high productivity is desired. Here are some things that can be completely and easily controlled to keep your energy levels steady through the day.
- Sleep patterns: Be it going to bed or waking up, try and maintain a pattern that does not vary too much, at least not drastically. After waking up, a good dose of light in the morning is very helpful. If your work requires you to sleep during the day, ensure you get up into a room that is well and brightly lit.
- Exercise: Whether is it Saturday or cloudy, a 30 minute workout does magic like nothing else. Get outdoors and be it a walk or a run, cycling or swimming, you will see nothing else boosts your energy as well as this.
- Nutrition: Reduced carbohydrates, a good dose of protein, ample hydration, adequate fiber intake, and good quantity of dry fruits are somethings to definitely follow. Start with a good breakfast that can boost your energy requirements for the day and eat less as the day goes by.
- Caffeine: One of the most pleasant experience is to wake up to have a refreshing cup of coffee. While it sounds exotic, the body benefits more if this caffeine is provided sometime later in the day when the energy levels are low.
- Alcohol: For many, alcohol could be a way of stress busting, but if scientifically looked at, alcohol reduces the quality of sleep and leaves you feeling unrested. It also leaves one tired and irritated. If possible, the alcohol intake should be at least 2 hours before bedtime.
- Power naps: Highly proven technique, where possible, a power nap of 15 minutes is believed to boost up energy levels significantly.
These are some methods to boost your energy levels. Most of it something completely controllable and changeable by you, all it requires is a conscious effort from you.