Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neerja BhatlaYour feedback matters!
I am 31 years old, I have PCOS problem. Left ovary: endometrial cyst around 3.0 Last period date: Feb 17 Egg: Present in Right ovary and ruputered on Day 16 (March 3, 31. I was put in come 50 and after rupture period I was given suten 8.0 gel. Concern: Feeling pain in breast when I touch it Today (March 18) is Day 31, I took pregnancy test and it is negative. Can I wait for some more days to take pregnancy test once or more? Or it is going to be of no use? Has there been any real scenarios of taking test after some days gives positive result?
I am 42 years old housewife. Having thyroid and menstrual problem. Not having period for last 3 months. Feeling chapped skin at upper lid. Also having dry skin problem though generally I am having oily skin. Takes medicine for thyroid and use good skin products. Also overweight.
My wife is 50 years old. Her periods have stopped since the last 4 months. Is she in menopause. What are the chances of her conceiving if we have unprotected sex.
Hi , Meri umar running 30 years. Meri period bauht dinse aa nhi rahi (last five years) maine Dr. Kiya lekin Dr. Medicine jab tak leti hoon tab tak to period month to month ati lekin uske bad vahi problem start hoti hai. Kya mujhe PCOD problems ho sakte hai. Mera thyroid abhi normal hai medicine chalu hai. please help me me mera weight se pershan hai. Ghar par problem bolti hoon to not understand any one. please help me.
I hav a baby with c section he is 8 months old bt till now I did not get mensuration period is it danger fr health.
Is using condom 100 percent safe to avoid pregnancy? How can be reduce the chances of condom brushing, slipping?
Nicotine addiction or tobacco addiction refers to an acute dependence upon tobacco products primarily due to the presence of the nicotine drug. In other words, nicotine addiction refers to an inability to stop using tobacco products despite the knowledge and awareness that it is harmful to you. While nicotine only induces addiction, it is the presence of other substances in tobacco which makes it damaging and injurious to health.
Nicotine has the tendency to produce effects in the brain, both physical as well as mind altering, that give temporary satisfaction. This is precisely why people get hooked into the habit of tobacco consumption, which eventually leads to addiction. Unfortunately, stopping tobacco use immediately can also lead to several withdrawal symptoms, like agitation and restlessness.
The main reason why tobacco is so addictive is due to the fact that nicotine releases neurotransmitters such as dopamine in the reward centre of the brain, which in turn improves your mood and gives you temporary pleasure.
Causes of nicotine addiction can either be physical or behavioral, for instance situations or feelings, which make you crave for tobacco. These include:
- Specific times during the day, say after every meal or during breaks at work
- While defecating
- While drinking alcohol
- Stressful or depressive situations
- At the sight or smell of a burning cigarette
- Peer pressure
- While driving
Symptoms of nicotine addiction include:
- You are unable to quit smoking despite frequent attempts.
- You experience withdrawal symptoms after attempting to quit.
- You continue to smoke despite the awareness that it is injurious to your health.
- You forego social as well as recreational activities because of your need to smoke.
Related Tip: "Effects of Smoking on Sexual Health"
Dear Sir, I am a 65 year old lady and suffering from osteoporosis and I had undergone Kyphoplasty Surgery where cement was injected into my back bone. I could not get up on my own. I was shouting in pain due to the problem and its slightly more than a year after the surgery and I am able to perform all activities except sitting down on the floor. I am using a chair to sit upon to pass my motion. I am used to sit in the Indian style latrine for motion and now sitting in the stool to pass motion is not making me comfortable to pass motion. I am unable to pass motion without allopathic laxative I am using allopathic laxative for the past 10 months to pass motion. The Laxative that I am using currently is GUDLAX-PLUS (Liquid paraffin, milk of magnesia, sodium picosulphate suspension) manufactured by Mankind pharma ltd. I am also taking pain killers and other allopathic medicines for my osteoporosis issue. I am afraid that the allopathic laxative will be harmful in the long run if I continue taking them. Kindly suggest me a ayurvedic laxative where by I will be able to pass motion sitting on the stool. I also have the issue of acidity, heartburn, gas formation. I am taking medicine for hypertension, high blood pressure. Also I cannot sit down on the floor, can you suggest some method by which I will be able to sit on the floor and get up on my own. Also my knee joint has become kind of stiff due to not folding and sitting for a long time after my surgery. Your suggestion for the same will be appreciated. Awaiting your reply, Regards,
I have last time period on 14 Feb 2017. I have intercourse on 8 mar 2017without protection. So I'm pregnant or not because I have no period on my date 14 or 15 mar 2017.
Hi I am 17 years old and I am not having sex yet but my periods are not regular, I don't have periods since last 2 month, can you tell me what's problem is going on with my periods.
We are trying hard for another baby. From last four months but fertility not happened yet. Treatment is going on. All reports are normal. Suggest something.
I am 23 y old house wife. I have pregnant from 1.5 month for some day before I am feeling twisted in my stomach (like that marode) & feeling less hunger. Today I have use acilo 150 mg tablet, after tablet use I am going toilet every after 5 minute & feeling cool.
I have sex on six day of period next day I take unwanted 72. Now I have delayed periods my LMP is 15.3. 16. Why I have delayed periods.
Practising yoga improves physical and mental well being of people living with arthritis a painful joint disorder. In the trail people with arthritis practised yoga for eight weeks had about a 20% improvement in physical health as it is also combines physical activity with potent stress management and relaxation techniques and focuses on respecting limitations that can change from day to day
I'm 23 years old female, my panty gets wet all the day and it smells very bad, I want to know the reason and how I can avoid this. please suggest me.
My weight is 84 kg. Height is 5.3. I am 4 weeks pregnant. Please tell me my weight will not affect my baby?
After my first delivery my anus and vagina passage combined and motion pass to my vagina also can it be operated and treated, thirty years has passed.
If you are thinking of adopting one of the effective birth control measures, you can try an intrauterine device (IUD). An IUD is a small plastic device which is placed in the uterus and it helps in preventing the pregnancy. A plastic string is attached to one end for ensuring proper placement and for removal. An IUD can be removed easily and is a reversible birth control method. There are several advantages and disadvantages of using IUDs.
There are two types of IUDs which are commonly used. They are as follows:
- Hormonal IUDs: In case of hormonal IUDs, a small amount of progestin is released into the lining of the uterus. This hormone is similar to the progesterone hormone. This hormone helps in thickening the cervical mucus, thereby, making it difficult for the entry of sperm into the cervix. The growth of the uterine lining is slowed down, which makes fertilised eggs inhospitable.
- Copper IUDs: In this form of IUD, a tiny amount of copper gets released into the uterus. Sperm is prevented from entering the egg as they get immobilised on the way to the fallopian tubes.
- Most women who have used this contraceptive device are satisfied with them, according to surveys.
- A woman using an IUD is protected from pregnancy totally and no other preventive measures such as taking a pill every day is required.
- These devices start working as soon as they are fitted and can easily be removed.
- They can be implanted in the uterus four weeks after giving birth to a baby or after an abortion.
- Breastfeeding is safe for women using copper IUDs.
- Using IUDs enables a woman to smoke cigarettes and high blood pressure is prevented.
- Women who use hormonal IUDs experience less blood loss during menstruation and less pain.
- IUDs can be used for several years.
- IUDs are quite expensive.
- IUDs can only be removed by a health professional.
- These devices do not provide protection from any sexually transmitted disease or HIV.
- The insertion of IUDs can cause a genital infection in the uterus and lead to pelvic inflammatory diseases.
- There are chances of an IUD getting misplaced in the uterus, which may lead to pregnancy and injuries as well. The wall of the uterus may get punctured upon insertion of this device, leading to cramping, backache and excessive uterine bleeding accompanied by pain.
It is important that you must consult a doctor before thinking of getting an IUD fitted. Several screenings and tests need to be carried out before deciding upon the IUD that would work best for you.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.