Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neeraj SharmaYour feedback matters!
I had sex on my period and my period stopped instantly, I've took a test but it was negative and some gel clear stuff came out of me. And its only been 11 days what do I do?
Hi sir our marriage happened on 28 april 2017. After marriage my wife period date is after 20 may 2017 but till now not comes. So please suggest me is there any major issue or can we wait for some days.
I am 29 years old sexual active I have gonorrhoea or chlamydia infection in throat which doctor is suitable for check up.
I am 43 years old. Not able to conceive. Can you suggest what is the next step. Any ayurvedic medicine there?
Some of the most effective home remedies for varicose veins include the use of olive oil, garlic, cayenne pepper, apple cider vinegar, witch hazel, parsley, horse chestnut, grapeseed oil, pine bark, marigold, and various lifestyle changes.
Varicose veins are the unsightly and uncomfortable veins, most often occurring in the leg, that have become twisted or enlarged, preventing proper blood flow to extremities and forcing your cardiovascular system to work harder to achieve proper unidirectional blood flow. As people age, or if they have professions that make them stand for long periods of time, the veins can often become tangled in this way, preventing the normal leaflets of our veins from directing blood in one direction. When blood begins flowing in opposite directions, it can become extremely painful, whether one is standing or not. While varicose veins rarely result in life-threatening complications, it can still manifest in the form of leg swelling, edema, venous eczema, skin thickening, and visible vein knots in the legs or affected area. While this affliction most commonly affects the legs, as that is where the body must work hardest to overcome gravity and pump the blood back to the chest, it can also occur on other parts of the body.
￼Symptoms of varicose veins include aching legs, swollen ankles or knees, unexplained fatigue in the legs, slow healing time on small wounds or cuts on the legs, cramps, and skin discoloration or irritation on the calves or feet. If you believe that you are suffering from varicose veins, there are some in-hospital treatments that can alleviate some of the symptoms, but these are often temporary, expensive, and, as with all surgeries, carry a degree of risk. Instead, there are dozens of herbal remedies that have been developed, tested, and relied on for years to eliminate varicose veins, treat its symptoms, or keep them under control in a healthy, effective way. Let’s take a closer look at some of these treatments below.
10 effective home remedies for varicose veins
1. Horse chestnut: the extract from horse chestnut seeds is considered extremely effective against varicose veins, as horse chestnuts are astringent in nature and contain a powerful compound called aescin, which inhibits the destructive enzymes that damage capillary walls. Patients suffering from varicose veins can experience a reduction in swelling and pain when the extract is consumed. However, only the extract can be consumed, as raw horse chestnuts contain other compounds that are actually toxic.
2. Grapeseed oil: grapeseed is a very powerful type of natural oil that has long been used to relieve inflammation and muscle pain when applied in a topical manner. Grapeseedextract can also be consumed, but the unpleasant taste often makes people prefer the topical application of the oil. The proanthocyanids contained in the oil can strengthen the capillary walls and resist degradation, while also reducing inflammation and even promoting healthy blood flow to the extremities.
3. Marigold: marigold is rich in antioxidant compounds and vitamin c, both of which are essential for protecting the skin and maintaining the health and strength of veins and capillaries. You can eat marigold petalsdirectly, but that isn’t considered as effective as boiling the petals and then dipping a hot cloth in the boiled water, which should be infused with the beneficial compounds and chemicals. Apply that cloth to the affected area of your leg to experience reduced swelling, an elimination of pain, and and important collagen transfer that can help your body rebuild damaged capillaries and veins to prevent varicose veins from spreading.
4. Pine bark: the proanthocyanid compoundsfound in grapeseed are also present in the bark of pine trees, in addition to other unique compounds in the extracts that strengthen capillary walls, bind collagen to veins, promote elasticity of the veins, improves blood circulation, and even lowers blood pressure. Pine bark extract is widely available and can be used safely for long periods of time if the problem persists.
5. Parsley: this common herb is another popular home remedy for varicose veins, as its high level of vitamin c promotes the creation of collage and subsequent repair of damaged blood vessels. Rutin is the powerful organic compound in parsley that directly affects capillary strength, making it a key herb to add to your diet if you’re suffering from unsightly varicose veins.
6. Apple cider vinegar: as always, it seems like almost any condition can be improved somehow by this magical cure-all. In terms of varicose veins, consuming apple cider vinegar has been shown to detoxify the blood, while also promoting circulation and reduce inflammation. These three factors together make it an ideal tonic for varicose vein conditions. The easiest remedy is mixing two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and drinking it two times a day. You can also get undiluted apple cider vinegar and combine it with your normal lotion and apply it to the affected areas. Both remedies are highly effective.
7. Cayenne pepper: the bioflavonoids and vitamin c found in cayenne pepper are able to promote healthy blood flow to the extremities and ease the pain of swollen or aching joints and leg muscles. The pain of varicose veins is often worse than the appearance, and consuming or topically applying a paste of cayenne pepper can definitely help alleviate those uncomfortable situations.
8. Olive oil: as with grapeseed oil, olive oil is able to significantly improve your health. You can rub olive oil on the affected area and allow the rich mixture of organic compounds so the inflammation and pain, and also stimulate repair on injured or degraded capillaries and blood vessels.
9. Garlic: as another apparent cure-all, garlic can break up toxins in the body and stimulate their release, in addition to reducing inflammation and increasing healthy circulation throughout the body. Adding garlic to your diet or regularly applying a garlic paste to the varicose veins can quickly reduce their appearance and discomfort.
10. Lifestyle changes: a number of lifestyle habits can exacerbate varicose veins, including standing for long periods of time, impact exercises or sports, being overweight, wearing high heels, sedentary lifestyle where you don’t walk or move your legs for periods of 30 minutes or longer, excessive alcohol intake, and smoking, which slows down circulation throughout your body. Eliminate or change some of these lifestyle factors and you will see a definite improvements in your varicose vein symptoms.
I am 47 years female, and now I am having my periods for nearly 15 days, and I also cannot control my urine while walking, due to my prolonged period I am getting very irritated, please suggest some medicine.
My wife age is 24, she safer from stomach pain when periods time to much she safer 3 or 4 days Please help me.
Hi 3-4 mahino Ke pregnancy me safed pani ka nikalna kya ye koi presani h ya fir infection. Please detail me mujhe btae.
I delivered my baby on Thursday 7th April, my nipples got sore feeding the baby. Can you please suggest any remedy.
If there is problem in ovary section and I go for a sonography then is there any chance that doctor will be known of I am virgin or not.
I am just turned 50 year and my wife is of 43 year old. We married for the last 25 years and had active and enjoyable sex life till around 4 years ago. For the last four years my wife gradually lost interest in the act and for the two years I can say she won't have orgasms beyond couple of times. As I understood that this can be a harmonic imbalance, I tried to convince her to see the doctor, however she neither refuses outright nor express any interest in seeing the doctor. Before she gradually last interest in the act, she used to have a severe headache followed by attaining orgasm. I suppose this apart from normal hormonal changes are the reasons for near no libido. I have, with a great difficulty convinced her to see the doctor and able to take her to homiocare international, where in they promised to cure with use of long term homeopathy medicine usage. However I don't see any improvement during or after the treatment period of over year and three months. In fact I see that this problem is worsening. As I am active and felt deprived of the enjoyment, I tried to convince her to allow me to work on her to stimulate her. She is not comfortable if I tried various methods of foreplay including oral on her, however she is even more uncomfortable when I try various methods to stimulate. We are now hit the dead end. Meanwhile, due to lack of sexual enjoyment, I am restless and unable to have a good night sleep and I feel slowly effecting my overall health despite I being physically very active. I have no clue as to how to go about it. Can you please suggest how we can get back to normal situation. Every passing day, I am becoming more and more desperate and feel the need more and more. In fact she allows me to penetrate and relieve my self, despite this I am not satisfied as such I don't enjoy this one side act and looking her to be active part of this. I am feeling please help. I understand that there is a medicine which can be taken before the starting of the act to avoid headache. Please suggest.
A woman aspires to give her best in all spheres of life- home, child-care, social relationships and work. High expectations from oneself and those of others together cause great amount of stress among working mothers. Physical exercising help release endorphins in the body which are stress fighting hormones and help in relieving stress. Here is a list of fun physical exercises that working moms can choose their work-out regimen from and enhance their mental health.
- High energy activities: High energy aerobic exercises lead to an increased heart rate, which results in production of more endorphins that make the body fight stress naturally. They include running, skipping, dancing, etc. These also improve physical and mental health.
- Yoga: Yoga is excellent for stress relief. It involves movement and stationary poses or postures, along with breathing exercises. Yoga enhances the body's natural response to relaxation, making your life healthier.
- Tai Chi: Tai chi involves a series of flowing movements of the body along with breathing. Having its roots in martial arts, Tai Chi provides efficient stress relief.
- Pilates: This exercise involves a series of movements and exercises performed on a mat. Pilates enhance strength, flexibility, endurance and immunity of the body.
- Martial arts: Martial arts is an effective way of unleashing energy and venting out frustration, which result in reducing stress. There are different forms of martial arts to choose from, which include Judo, karate, Taekwondo and several others.
- Kick boxing: Kick boxing reduces stress to a great extent and involves punching and kicking, which is performed with discipline. Kickboxing incorporates a rigorous workout schedule and is a great way to vent out frustration and energy, releasing stress.
- Team sports: Team sports are an ideal way to relieve stress, work out and have fun, altogether. Playing tennis, cricket or football offers a double amount of stress relief. Playing with your family will encourage bonding, fun and help in relieving stress together.
- On the go exercises: Several exercises such as running or jogging and cycling allow you to have a break, breathe some fresh country air and get your mind freshened up. Along with the release of energy, travelling across beautiful places helps in stress relief.
- Meditation: Meditation is an amazing mind exercise for stress relief. It requires great concentration and must be performed in a quiet atmosphere. Peace of mind is obtained.
- Gym activities: A gym has a lot of exercising instruments and devices. They involve power and strength and energy is unleashed. This is an ideal vent for anger and frustration, which results in great stress relief. One of these exercises can be practised in isoltaion or a combination of exercises can be chosen from to suit your needs. Stress busting exercises should be practised regularly to maintain good mental health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor or ask a free question.