Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neeraj RakshitYour feedback matters!
Hi sir/mam. My problem is I can not open my mouth because of chewing gutkha. And its paining when I try to open. So please suggest me any medicine for quick result.
I have pain in teeth gum, where consulted with charitable dentist, he confirmed its starting of a pierea, given dologel cream to apply 3-4 times, and after 1 week needs to get Cleaning. Please help its correct or should I get a second opinion. Please advise.
hello Dr. Just 2 day past my mouth feel watery after all time meal I do not know what happened am drinking water and side by side saliva. Please help me and give me right diagnosis Thank you.
One upper front teeth has broken nearby the root, as cleared on getting the x-ray. Dentist has advising for removal. Presently I did not have problem, please advise any other treatment at this stage if available other than removal to avoid any complication at latter stage.
Doctors are saying take care of dental hygiene. But I tried all the things there no result. What should I do to overcome cavities?
My upper teeth are paining from last 3 days. I brush my teeth 3 times a day. I never eat Pan Supari and all such stuffs. But than also I am facing such problem.
I'm 25 years old male I have fuly pain inside the mouth not teeth since 2 weeks and some tym a my lips are dry why this problem cum and wt should I do?
Gum disease is characterized by inflammation of the gums caused by the bacteria present in plaque (a colorless and sticky film on the teeth). This disease affects the soft tissue and the bones surrounding the teeth. The bacteria causes irritation in the gums leading to infection and bleeding, while brushing your teeth.
The symptoms of gum disease are bleeding gums, over sensitive gums, continuous bad breath, change in the normal placement of teeth etc.
Following are a number of reasons why gum diseases occur, some of them are:
- Prevailing diseases: Sometimes diseases, such as malignant tumors and AIDS can disrupt the immune system of the body. Due to the malfunctioning immune system, the gums become vulnerable to issues such as cavities.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption: Smoking and alcohol consumption cause problems in the gum tissue as the gums lose their ability to repair themselves effectively.
- Hormonal changes: Changes in behavior of the hormones in the body can increase sensitivity in the gums. This can make the gums prone to diseases.
- Not following proper dental hygiene: Not brushing and flossing on a regular basis can cause plaque accumulation in the teeth. The bacteria present in the plaque may cause gum diseases.
- Family history: If many people in the family have suffered from gum disorders, then your chances of getting gum diseases are relatively higher.
How can you prevent gum disease?
Gum diseases can be prevented by following proper dental hygiene. Brushing twice a day and flossing on a regular basis are the best methods of preventing gum diseases. Regular dental checkups are also recommended to identify any gum problems early and also prevent them. Modifications in lifestyle such as limiting smoking, eating a diet rich in antioxidants and reducing stress can also help in preventing gum diseases.
Severe cases of gum diseases may require surgery but mild cases can disappear by following a proper dental hygiene. Gum diseases have also been known to be associated with diabetes and heart diseases.