Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neeraj Kumar Sharma
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Neeraj Kumar SharmaYour feedback matters!
Which is d best remedies for thinking positive. I always think negative and thinking for continuous that mujhe kuch hogaya to. My focus is on my heart only whenever some light pain at left side of chest I think negative only that heart attack hojayega.
I take 5 mg tablets of rosuvastatin to control my cholesterol level, as per my Doctor" s advice. I also take one multi-vitamin tablet every day. I come to learn that one must avoid taking multi-vitamin capsules while taking statin tablets. Is this correct? Please advise.
I am 20 male. I had my ECG 4 months ago due a chest pain maybe due to panic which was my first time I got one. It turned out normal. But I still feel I get heart pains when I am under stress. What should I do?
One of the essential chemical processes within the human body is that of the oxygenation of the blood. This needs to be done to carry oxygen to the various vital organs and also continue with many of the essential functions within the body.
The lungs are responsible for transferring oxygen throughout the body, and the malfunctioning of lungs may cause many issues with the normal functioning of the processes. A common ailment that affects the lungs is pulmonary fibrosis, also known as idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis or scarring of the lungs.
What is Pulmonary Fibrosis?
Pulmonary fibrosis is the scarring of the tissues inside the lungs of a patient. This scarring results in the development of excess tissue, which causes the walls of the lungs to thicken, giving rise to breathing difficulties.
Some of the symptoms of pulmonary fibrosis are-
- Shortness of breath
- Pain in joint and muscles
- Continuous dry coughing
- Inability to exert or take even the slightest bit of physical strain
- Lack of appetite which results in unintentional weight loss
- The rounding of finger and toe tips, which is known as clubbing
Pulmonary fibrosis has various stages and thus, it is important to detect it early or else it can put stresses on other vital organs.
Some of the causes for it are mentioned below:
- Smoking - Cigarettes, cigars, and beedi are a leading cause of pulmonary fibrosis as they directly affect the lungs by depositing harmful chemicals and thus, cause scarring.
- Environmental or occupational hazards - People working in a heavy glass or dust particulate environment such as in heavy industrial factories are also susceptible as they breathe in the particles, which may cause scarring.
- Medicinal triggers - Certain medications can be a trigger due to hormonal or other physical changes and as a side effect may cause scarring of the lungs.
- Genetic factors - Certain people are genetically predisposed to this condition if multiple members within the family have it as well.
- Acid reflux diseases - Certain acid reflux problems may also cause scarring when drops of stomach acids enter the lung through the esophageal tract. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.