Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Neeraj KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 33 female with 5'3" height. But I weigh 68 kilos. I have hypothyroidism and take 50mcg thyronorm. My gall bladder is removed due to gallstone two and half yrs ago. I suffer from migraine and chronic cough and cold since child hood. I had jaundice thrice. Class 3, 9 and 12. I feel drowsy always which hampers my research work. Moreover I do not get enough time to exercise and to take proper low carb diet. In this situation please suggest me doctor how to reduce my weight. Do you recommend slimming pills for me. please help.
Hi, My father got brain stroke on left side. He was in ICU for 35 days on doctors suggestion. But there is no use, he still in his own world. Hardly he is able to opne his eyss when we call him. Now he is feeling some pains and showing his expression s. What is possibility of recovering from current situation to normal position?
My mother is on treatment for seizure. She was taking levipril 500mg BD and Valence 250mg BD. On 9.8. 15 she got seizure and the doctor put her on levipril 500mg BD and valence 500mg BD.
In modern days, migraine has become a common disease that affects the young and the old equally. Migraine as such cannot be cured, but improving lifestyle and Ayurvedic medication can help you keep this disease under control and improve your quality of life.
What is Migraine?
Migraine, commonly known as Sooryavarta in Ayurveda, is a medical condition in which the excessive stimulation of the blood vessels in the brain causes a throbbing pain on one side of the head and is associated with nausea, sensitivity and vomiting. This happens because the vomiting centre of the brain gets activated during an episode. These symptoms are the most common signs; however, it varies from person to person.
What Causes Migraines?
These headaches worsen upon sunrise and it is at its peak at noon, when the sun is at its highest intensity and slowly subsides on sunset. This is one of the major factors in setting in an episode; it is not true in every case.
The other triggers that cause migraine attacks according to Ayurveda are:
- Spicy and oily food
- Stress, anger, grief, jealousy
- Suppressed emotions or natural urges
- Consumption of too much of dry, salty and pungent food
- Consuming polluted food
General triggers may include:
- Smoking and drinking
- Physical stress and exercise
- Fluctuation in hormone levels during the menstrual cycle or the use of birth control pills
- Stopping intake of tea or coffee suddenly
- Stress to sensory organs in the form of bright noises, bright lights, strong perfumes or odours etc.
Certain foods or beverages may also trigger an episode of migraine. These include baked foods, chocolates, processed foods, spicy foods, onions, dairy products and peanuts. These kinds of foods are known to suddenly increase Kapha dosha or Pitta Dosha and as a result, trigger an attack.
Symptoms of Migraine-
It is usually characterised by a stinging, throbbing pain on one side of the head and is followed by nausea and vomiting. Some people may get visual aberrations called an aura- such as blind spots, blurred visions, distorted lines etc.
Ayurvedic medications that can help migraine are:
- Indian licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Sariva – Hemidesmus indicus
- Hareetaki – Chebulic myrobalan-Terminalia chebula
- Amalaki – amala – Emblica officinalis
- Mallika – Jasminum officinale
- Hareetaki – Chebulic myrobalan-Terminalia chebula
- Bala – Sida cordifolia
- Kumari – Aloe vera
- Sariva – Hemidesmus indicus
Simple home remedies useful in migraine:
- Tender leaves of jasmine or tender leaves of pomegranate are taken along with a pinch of salt and crushed well to obtain fresh juice. Early in the morning, preferably in empty stomach, 2-3 drops of this fresh juice is instilled to both the nostrils. Procedure is repeated once again evening hours (6-7 pm). This reduces the severity of headache in migraine.
- One fist full of Doorva grass (cynodan dactylon) is taken and its fresh juice is obtained. To this, 2 pinch of licorice powder is added and mixed well. This is consumed during the noon hours. Procedure is repeated for 20-30 days. This helps to reduce the severity of illness significantly.
- Take coriander seed powder – 1 teaspoon. add it to one cup of water, leave it as it is at night, next day morning, drink it on empty stomach.
- Soak 5 raisins and 5 almonds in water at night, next day morning, eat them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
I am suffering from migraine from past 3 years. Only at the time of treatment ill be ok ok but after completing the course again it will come. What to do?
Hi sir, my mother is suffering from headache for past years. We thought its migraine, she also have sinusitis. Previously she used homeopathy medicines. Recently we had consulted an ENT. Specialist in Multi specialty hospital, there they said for CT scan after on report they suggested for a surgery. Is surgery is compulsory for this? Is there any solution by using only medicines? . Will wait for your answers, Thank you.
My one year old son has had an MRI done for delayed development. The diagnosis is' significant thinning of hypogenesis corpus callosum" He has not started walking. Sits for a while but tends to fall. Makes sounds like ba, pa, ma and na. Sings aloud. Very active otherwise. Quite social. Gives divine smiles. My doctor says this affects the overall growth of the child. There is no cure for it, he says. Want to know the causes, symptoms, what to expect and possible cures.
My brother is 38 years old. He has got hip pain and he has taken traction at cochin for more than 25 days. Now he has got numbness in legs, sometimes leg and neck pain. We consulted a neurologist and he asked to take scan. And physiotherapy and now he says his numbness is okkk but gets neck and leg pain and often feels tired. Why it happens like this? please give a proper solution.
My mom is 47 year old. She is suffering neck and arm pain for 2 years. We go neurology and orthopedic doctors and take their medicine but his pain is not complete fine than I go a neuro ortho physiotherapist and the neck paim is solve but the shoulder pain is same. Please give me a medicine name for shoulder pain.
I have problem of insomnia since last 20 years I have taken all medicine of b group, my age is 41 years also problem of epilepsy took valparin crorno 200 mg but this is under control but sleepless night tell me what I do?
My mom is suffering from migraine since last 5 years. What are the best remedies and how to cure migraine.
Mere husband ki arm kuch thodi si uth jaati h but finger bilkul bhi nahi kaam karta h so please ap se request he ki aap mujko apni kuch dawa by post kar de jisse mai unko kuch theek kar paau but unko sugar ki problm bhi he and BP bhi teek rehta he unka bas ap se ye request he k aap unki help kre jise unka arm kaam karne lag jaaye or leg bhi left side se kam krne lag jaye
Last feb 2014 i got seizure completely blacked out for 20 mins. Was in emergency ward. Went tru all test EEG, CT SCAN BRAIN. All comes normal. 1 Week i took eptoine. Then family doctor (second opinion) suggest me to take 500mg levipil morning and night with lonazep 0.5mg. I gained nearly 15kg and complete weakness because of that medication. Feeling giddiness, numbness etc. Severe back headache also. Then went to a doctor he suggest me to take x ray on neck. Came with cervical sponsylsis. Doc told because of this you may got seizure that time. Past 1 yrs there is no another episode of seizure. Still im taking levipil 250mg both time. Also taking medince for cervical spondylsis from ayurvedic. Cervilon and lumbatone. Still im feeling very weak. Full dizziness cant able to concentrate on work. I need some remedy. Did i going in the proper way or i need to go for any massage or physio? Plz help im struggling a lot. Thanks in advance
If you are being treated for Parkinson's disease. How can you maximize the effect of Levodopa? The effect of levodopa can be maximized by increasing its absorption from the digestive system. In particular, taking levodopa on an empty stomach is very important.
- Take on an empty stomach: Do not eat anything 1 hour before taking levodopa. Do not eat anything for at least 30 minutes and if possible 1 hour after taking it. Take the pill with 2 glasses of water so that it can dissolve. If taking the levodopa on an empty stomach makes you nauseous, confirm that your medication has the right amount of carbidopa in relation to the levodopa (25%). If you continue to feel nauseous, you can eat a piece of white bread around the time that you take levodopa. Do not apply any butter, yogurt, cheese or similar high protein spreads. Protein can drastically decrease the absorption of levodopa.
- Get your constipation treated: This is critically important too. Being constipated can slow down the passage of levodopa through the digestive system. In most patients, drinking adequate water and taking stool softeners is helpful.
- Get your ulcer treated: It can be difficult to recognize that you have a gastric ulcer. However, if you have a burning sensation in your stomach at any time, or belch frequently, you may have a gastric ulcer. If you think you have an ulcer you should get tested (there is a simple breath test now) and treated with antibiotics (not antacids!)
- Do not take levodopa with iron tablets: The iron binds to levodopa and prevents its absorption. Keep a gap of at least two hours between these two medications.
- Try taking levodopa with orange juice and carbonated water (soda): Mix equal quantities of orange juice and carbonated water (soda). Take your regular levodopa with a glass of this preparation instead of water. The carbonated water hastens disintegration of the tablet, and the acidity of both things helps in levodopa absorption. There are special tablets of levodopa (dispersible levodopa, Madopar) which can be dissolved in this preparation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.