Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neeraj Jain
Submit a review for Dr. Neeraj JainYour feedback matters!
I was a student. Daily I prefer outside food. In that suffering gastric problem. Any suggestion to solve this problem.
Hi Doctor, I met my friend she had hepatitis B. From her childhood. We protected each other. But I got fear I study about hepatitis b. So went hospital and checked reports its get normal. Doctor suggested me take vaccine. I completed first dose. I got side effects like head rotate, dizziness, fever, weakness. Exact one week after dose I took outside tablet for gastric pain. That time I get head rotate ,mildness. So I went near clinic they given some injections. After I cured. But still I get a mildness ,sometimes feel like head holding like feeling. And gastric pains. I took 2 days back brain scan too. Nothing is there. So please guide what I do.
Hello Sr I am 25 years male and am suffering from abdominal problem. Main Jo b khata hu o mere body pe lagti h nhi h only mera pet nikl RHA h. Or me ko ghabrahat bhi bht hoti h kisi kam ko krne me. And toilet me jyada time spend krne k bad b main satisfied nhi hota hu. please suggest me a koi bimari to nhi h.
My grand maa is not better on his stool area. She's 68 year old and she feel pain and some restalic area on his stool area please concern me to help my grand maa?
Irritable bowel syndrome is a disorder, which generally affects the colon (large intestine). It usually show symptoms like abdominal pain, cramping, bloating, diarrhea, gas and constipation. IBS is a long term condition. It can result in sudden mood swings, depression and thus, holds you back from living your life to the fullest. IBS can be controlled by managing lifestyle, stress and managing your diet. Medication and counseling could also be required to manage IBS.
Symptoms of IBS:
1. Immense cramping and pain.
2. A feeling that your belly is bloated all the time
3. Severe gas
4. Alternating and sudden bouts of constipation and diarrhea.
5. Presence of mucus in the feces.
Whenever you experience such kind of symptoms, it is always advisable that you must consult a doctor, so that it doesn't lead to a serious condition.
When should you consult a doctor for IBS?
IBS is not a chronic disorder and can be controlled by home remedies. It may also require medical treatment if the symptoms become acute and persist for too long. If you experience certain symptoms like rectal bleeding, weight loss and heavy abdominal pain that might increase at night, you may be at a risk for colon cancer. If such symptoms persist, you should visit a doctor as soon as possible.
Causes of IBS:
- Foods: Most people are susceptible to IBS if they consume foods like spices, fats, fruits, cabbage, beans, broccoli, cauliflower, carbonated beverage, milk or alcohol. These foods irritate the lining of the stomach and trigger IBS. However, the trigger may vary from person to person.
- Stress: Signs and symptoms of IBS can also increase if you are very stressed out. Stress makes your muscles too worked up and this may result in IBS. However, you should know that stress aggravates or triggers the symptoms but doesn’t cause IBS.
- Hormones: Women are more likely to develop IBS. Fluctuations in the hormonal cycle can trigger IBS. This usually occurs around or during menstruation.
- Other illnesses: Sometimes illness such as gastroenteritis (infectious diarrhea) or bacterial overgrowth in the intestines can trigger symptoms of IBS.
- Age: You will be more likely to develop IBS if you are 45 years of age or above.
- Hereditary: People having a family history of IBS are more susceptible to develop IBS.
- Mental problems: Depression, personality disorder, anxiety and a history of sexual abuse can also trigger symptoms of IBS.