Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Neeraj GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering form sinus problem for more than 3 years what is the solution without any opperation ?
Cold and cough is caused by a viral infection, which can last for about two to four weeks. The symptoms include stuffy or a runny nose, coughing and sore throat. Many times, the infection may raise body temperature and the child may suffer from fever. Our body’s immune system naturally fights with such infections. Depending on the type of cough and the symptoms, the virus can stay active in the body for about 4 to 6 weeks. It is quite painful to see the child suffering from cold and cough. The symptoms of this infection are worse during the first two days.
The child will experience pain and irritation in the throat with difficulty in swallowing, frequent coughing with mucous, breathing difficulty and high fever. Most parents rush to over the counter drugs for cold and cough to ease of their child’s agony. However, most drugs/ cough syrups available over the counter only provide temporary relief. Medical evidence suggests that antibiotics do not kill viruses, thus, it is not advisable to treat cold and cough with antibiotics unless accompanied by another infection. So, what do parents do? Well, there is a lot that can be done.
Let’s first understand the type of a cough your child might be suffering from:
- Dry cough: Generally occurs due to infection in upper respiratory tract, cold or influenza. Children with asthma and allergies are also prone to this type of cough as dry cough is triggered by smoke or dust.
- Croup Cough: A harsh barking and dry cough with swelling beneath vocal cords.
- Wet Cough: Most commonly caused by cold. This is an infection of the lower respiratory tract characterised by mucous secretions.
- Whooping cough: Characterised by fast coughing, breathing difficulties and a whooping sound while breathing.
Apart from this, If coughing starts suddenly along with choking, the child may have inhaled a foreign body. Immediate help may be required. For babies less than 12 months of age, cold cough followed by breathing difficulties may indicate bronchiolitis and require a paediatric attention. A normal cold and cough generally subside with two to four weeks. However, it is important to understand when to consult a doctor.
- Chest pain or breathing problems
- Cough lasting for more than 6 weeks.
- A yellow, green or brown mucous indicating another infection.
- Swollen glands, persistent high fever, rashes.
- Body getting pale and symptoms getting worse.
- Temperature higher than 38 degrees in the case of infants.
Precautions and diet that should be taken care of
- Increase Intake of fluids especially hot liquids
- Never stop breastfeeding the baby
- Vapour rub applied on chest and back is an effective remedy
- Inhaling steam provides relief to a sore throat and nose
- Intake of crushed tulsi leaves with honey or hot turmeric milk is soothing and very helpful
There is little we can do to prevent viral infections. However, proper care and caution can ensure a smooth recovery.
I am frequently getting upper respiratory infection. Now I have frequent cough and also flum come out (flum white in color) when I cough. Recently I did culture test of sputum. They said little infection is there on the lungs. What action/medicine you suggest doctor.
Hi, I am a male aged 44 years and having having persistent dry cough for last 15 days. There is a slight pain also in the throat and whenever the mucus comes out is very thick and sea greenish in colour. Pls advice.
I have allergy problem in my nose over 6 months. Bone of my nose is increasing which cause me problem in breathing.
I HAD RESPIRATORY INFECTION FOR 4 MTHS AND FINALLY WAS FINDING DIFFICULTY IN CLIMBING STAIRS. CHECKING MY BP FOUND 230/130 . UNBELIEVABLE SINCE TILL DATE NO BP PROBLEM . WHAT COULD BE THE REASON FOR RISE
I am suffering with severe cold and cough from the past two days and I have tried in all the ways to solve my problem. Can you provide me any best solution.
Sir from one month m having problem in breathing .when I walk stair or do any exercise then I hv problem in breathing. What should I do .i smoke very less. .wght 70.
Today saturday our family doctor is not at here .pls give me easy suggestion to remove cough! And can I take tulsi. Pls give me a normal and fast effective suggestion. I wait keep me fast. .my exam is on monday. As give me some medicine name. I have himalaya bresol cough sirup can I take it. I had cough to since 3 day...
I m suffering from cold and dry cough my mouth become taste less so you please give me some suggestions for these.
The inflammation of the tissues around the sinuses is a condition known as sinusitis. This can be triggered by a number of factors including a common cold and pollen allergies. The symptoms of acute sinusitis are -
- Facial muscle pain
- Stuffiness of the nose
- Running nose
- Loss of smell
Sinusitis is an uncomfortable condition on its own, but can also lead to a number of other complications. Ayurveda can be very effective in treating sinusitis without causing any other side effects. Here are a few ways to treat sinusitis with Ayurveda.
- Steam inhalations - Steam is a decongestant that can successfully clear congestion and make sinusitis less painful. This can be done five to six times a day. If your sinus is causing excessive pain, this should be repeated regularly for at least a week. In cases of chronic sinusitis, you may even continue this form of treatment for two years.
- Nasyam - Nasyam is one of the five therapies of detoxification according to Ayurveda. It treats sinusitis by administering medicated oils or herbal juices through the nostrils into the body. Nasyam acts by attacking and removing excess humor in sinus cavities. This improves the flow of oxygen in the body, and thus also helps treat the pain that is a result of your sinusitis.
- Ginger-Garlic - Ginger and garlic have a number of medicinal properties. A teaspoon of fresh ginger juice with honey can help reduce the congestion caused by sinusitis. This should ideally be had early in the morning, as soon as you wake up and may be repeated in the evening. Similarly, create a concoction with crushed garlic, turmeric, and honey, in the ratio of 1 tsp each of garlic and turmeric and 2 tbsp of honey. Have 1 tsp of this concoction daily.
- Jala Neti - Neti is a yogic purification method and jala neti refers to purification by water. This is a simple technique that should be practiced daily to relieve problems related to sinuses. Fill a neti pot with lukewarm water and a little salt. Position the neti pot such that the spout is in one of the nostrils. Breathe through your mouth and tilt your head till the water starts flowing from one nostril to the other. Once the pot has been emptied, repeat the process with another nostril. This can be repeated any number of times.
- Change your diet - Ayurveda is a lifestyle and hence diet is a very important part of the treatment. Avoid cold and oily food. Starting the day with a glass of lemon juice and water is also said to be beneficial to sinusitis patients. Processed foods, chocolates, liquor, carbonated drinks etc are other things to be refrained from when treating sinusitis with Ayurveda.
Related Tip: Ayurvedic Treatments for Erectile Dysfunction?
Hello, I am male 28 years old.I am in early stage of asthma. I will get cold often (once in a month). My one nose is blocked always. When I apply hair oil, I will sneeze often. Also when I wash my hair with shampoo, I will be sneezing all day. I will wash my hair with shampoo twice a week. What is problem with me? Also please suggest any shampoo and hair oil. Thanks
I am 66 years old suffering from sinus for the last so many years, it mostly happens in climate change but now since last year i am feeling it continuously and cough everytime when it falls on my throat. Please advise me.
I have sometimes constant coughing. I hav done all the tests in relation to it things were fine. But in personal grounds its kind of irritating for me and doctors suggested its due to dust allergy. I wamt to get rid of it since it hinders me sometime at work.
I have last 3 year tonsil problem and tonsil with some time bludin to split a morning or brush morning what can do? Solve this problem pleze help me.
You can also have steam with vicks