Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neera Aggarwal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neera AggarwalYour feedback matters!
I had a miscarriage this evening. Got painful cramps and bleeding and within 30 minutes I passes a tissue like something want to ask that my miscarriage is complete or not? What are the risks and how to complete it please help me doctor.
One of the most common scenarios that most people are faced with is a constant feeling of tiredness and lethargy even after you have had a full night’s sleep. The questions popping in your mind right about now is, why is this happening? Why does the lethargic feeling fail to leave you even after you had a proper 8 hours sleep? Why is your sleep getting into the way of your professional productivity? Though there are a number of different explanations to this constant feeling of cloudiness throughout the day, hence, experts in the field have listed down some of the factors that prove to be the major causes behind this condition.
Some of these most common and powerful reasons are listed below.
- Thyroid: The moment your thyroid levels start soaring, you will automatically find it difficult to keep up with the pace that your day to day life demands. The thyroid gland, which is placed right in front of the throat, is the size of the knot on your tie. This gland produces a hormone. When the activity of the thyroid gland, it starts secreting more and more of the hormones, leading to a condition termed as hyperthyroidism. The same gland when underperforms, it starts holding back the hormone secretion, leading to a condition called hypothyroidism. In both the cases the metabolism of the body slows down, leading to an increased level of tiredness even after proper sleep.
- Anaemia: Another leading cause of that nagging feeling of sleepiness and draining energy is Anaemia. Anaemia causes a certain amount of fatigue in an individual. The main cause influencing this situation is the lack of presence of enough red blood cells. The main function of these red blood cells is to transfer oxygen constantly from the long to the cells and tissues. A break in this process leads to you feeling weak and also short of breath.
- Diabetes: Diabetes poses a serious threat to the all over functioning of your body. It is termed as the slow killer and constantly works towards undermining the level of energy a normal individual can hold. This adversely affects your day to day life, including your performance at work and also performing your daily chores at home. The glucose in your body serves as a fuel for your daily activities. Since patients with type 2 diabetes cannot use this rising glucose in their blood properly, they end up being more tired than they ought to be.
Other conditions that lead to the same draining feeling and constant tiredness even after lot of sleep are depression, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic fatigue, sleep apnea, sleep inertia, periodic limb movement disorder, constant exposure to computer screens, tv screen, monitors, etc. There are a whole bag of other factors that lead to the constant feeling of tiredness that you are feeling. Before the end of the day, you are drained, your productivity drops and you cannot wait to hit the bed, and the same is the condition when you get out of bed. Consulting a general physician will not only help you put a finger on the cause, but also cure it with proper treatment.
If a girl do first time sex in her life, then is it necessary that she will bleed for the first time. Does bleeding happens with the every girl,
I am married & I want to have some physical relationship with a married woman without using condom then how we prevent from Aids.
I am a 23 year old newly married women. I have itching in my vagina and for last 4-5 days. What should I do??
If my wife is injected with sperm injection how many hours should she take rest and will that work be done successful and can she become a pregnant will there be any harm to baby and after how many days she can become conceive.Please tell.
Is I pill safe for her for avoiding pregnancy she also used protection & it was her first time so is it ok?
Hi I am 30 year old and married just 6 month completed but still my wife is not getting pregnant so I am confused actually I have an doubt on me I have lot of bad habits past 10 year like smoking drinking tobacco so what to do in this situation please suggest me right way ?
All of us have our 'good and bad hours' each day. While there are the night owls, who are more productive and ideating in the late night hours, there are others who like to be the early bird that literally catches the worm. For both these categories, there are again hours where the energy wanes. Did you know there are some simple techniques that can help to maintain consistent levels of energy throughout the day?
As much as possible, try and maintain a regular routine in terms of waking up, eating at the same hours as closely as possible, and retiring for the day. The biological clock or circadian rhythm needs to be maintained as much as possible if high productivity is desired.
Here are some things that can be completely and easily controlled to keep your energy levels steady through the day.
- Vitamin & mineral deficiency: It is important that we include loads of fresh fruits and vegetables in our diet, in order to nourish our body with required vitamin and minerals. This is important that a deficiency of vitamins like B12, D can often lead to fatigue or low energy levels.
- Hypothyroidism: Fatigue is one of the most common signs hypothyroidism and as per clinal records it has been established patients suffering from hypothyroidism have reported a significat drop in the level of fatigue by getting their hypothyroid treated.
- Sleep patterns: Be it going to bed or waking up, try and maintain a pattern that does not vary too much, at least not drastically. After waking up, a good dose of light in the morning is very helpful. If your work requires you to sleep during the day, ensure you get up into a room that is well and brightly lit.
- Exercise: Whether is it Saturday or cloudy, a 30 minute workout does magic like nothing else. Get outdoors and be it a walk or a run, cycling or swimming, you will see nothing else boosts your energy as well as this.
- Nutrition: Reduced carbohydrates, a good dose of protein, ample hydration, adequate fiber intake, and good quantity of dry fruits are somethings to definitely follow. Start with a good breakfast that can boost your energy requirements for the day and eat less as the day goes by.
- Caffeine: One of the most pleasant experience is to wake up to have a refreshing cup of coffee. While it sounds exotic, the body benefits more if this caffeine is provided sometime later in the day when the energy levels are low.
- Alcohol: For many, alcohol could be a way of stress busting, but if scientifically looked at, alcohol reduces the quality of sleep and leaves you feeling unrested. It also leaves one tired and irritated. If possible, the alcohol intake should be at least 2 hours before bedtime.
- Power naps: Highly proven technique, where possible, a power nap of 15 minutes is believed to boost up energy levels significantly.
These are some methods to boost your energy levels. Most of it something completely controllable and changeable by you, all it requires is a conscious effort from you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I m 18 yrs old n my problem 1> is that m not feeling well from 4 months feeling like vomiting and weakness headache and some time my head become cold from inside and digestion problem too. 2> usually my period come in 30 days but due to unwanted few times it comes in 8 days is it right. and can I take unwanted 3 time in a month is it harmful.
Hi I am lactating women for two month old baby .my breast becoming like a rock if I leave gap between 2to3 hours without feeding. Once baby sucks the hardness goes away .Wat is the cause for this condition.
My wife is not got pregnant. We need medical treatment n tests. Pls help us for tests. At which report we consult doctors?
Hiii doctor I have taken abortion pills on 16th may 2017 and bleeding started on 19th may 2017 and now it's more than two weeks it's still bleeding can you please tell me why it is not stopping is there any serious problem pl help me doctor.
Im 25 year old I have gone through acl surgery and it has been 2 months and my period cycle is not regular.
My sister had a operation of spleen her spleen got removed what precautions should be taken now after operation?
It's happened 4 years before my sister's classmate. She is sexual relationship with her elder brother and 2 of his classmates, it is happened nearly 8 to 10 months without her interest. Now she is engaged. She is afraid about her past. Whether she can made normal sexual relationship with her husband?
I had my 1st mensuration when I was 11 years old but now I am 18 years old . My menstrual cycle is very regular i.e after 26-28 days and it comes for 3 to 4 days , but from last 6 months my cycle is little disturbed like one month flow of blood is very high and the other month flow of blood is low and vice versa . I want to know will it cause problem in my future ? And what is the reason behind it ?
A rising number of teenage girls in the country are getting affected with Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease or PCOD. Though an advanced menarche has become very rampant these days, there are many young women who are suffering from a delay in menarche which in turn is leading to PCOD as opined by gynaecologists. Obesity and sedentary lifestyle among young people have caused a rapid doubling of PCOD cases in the past five to eight years.
Occurrence and Symptoms:
Gynaecologists report that they get at least 15 fresh instances of PCOD cases, and a considerable number of teenagers aged 16-17 are not getting their menarche. Such patients are recommended to take a strictly balanced diet which will help them to lose weight. Initially, their mothers think that they would experience their menarche in proper time, but some girls are diagnosed with PCOD when taken to a family gynaecologist. Even worse, they could never imagine that their obesity can pave the way for such a grave health issue. PCOD can cause numerous other problems like delayed and irregular menses, rapid weight gain and tremendous difficulty in losing weight, developing acne and blocked skin pores.
Help yourself with the right diet:
There is no proven evidence regarding the cause of PCOD though gynaecologists are of the opinion that some females possess a predisposition to this disease, and it may run hereditarily in the family. You can alleviate your PCOD symptoms to a considerable extent by regulating your diet properly.
Have loads of fruits and green leafy vegetables and try to abstain from dairy products as many experts believe that dairy products are a direct cause of an increase in insulin levels, which can aggravate skin troubles along with other PCOD symptoms. Avoiding red meat and eating lean meat instead will help the condition and reduce the chances of infertility. It is always recommended to avoid hydrogenated and saturated fats, which are normally found in animal and dairy-based food. Try to put a stop to cheese, cottage cheese, clarified butter, pork, lamb, beef, etc. and certain baked products like cookies, cakes and fudges as they will trigger a rise in your blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
PCOD is such a condition which you can never afford to overlook. If you had been facing any of the common symptoms, then it is probably time to pay a visit to a responsive gynaecologist.
In case that your child is physically and sexually developing sooner than usual, it can be a testing time for them. This is usually associated with early puberty. Usually, children are very confused about the changes that their bodies go through. What is worse is when they are hurt by the comments from other school kids, who usually insult any individual who is even slightly different. With early puberty, your kid will most likely grow faster than a lot of his or her friends and hint at puberty, for example, the formation of body hair and body odour.
To make the child feel better, parents can be of a lot of help. Along with speaking with them about early puberty with your kid, you can offer ways to deal with stress that support their self-esteem, particularly with bullies in the school. These techniques may offer help:
- Instill them with a lot of information about puberty and how it is a natural process. One approach to help a child’s self-esteem while managing healthy puberty is to clarify the circumstance decently well. You may use a book about puberty with illustrations, one intended for your child’s age and mental stage of development.
- Show them how to manage the bullying in school. Reacting to bullying and teasing is not specifically related to early puberty. It applies to a huge variety of circumstances when other kids either target or single out one kid for ridiculing them. Essential steps for parents and guardians include:
- Focusing on the significance of searching out a teacher or other grown-up if any bullying is taking place.
- Try to tell the child to educate his or her friends about the bullying so they can help him or her out in overcoming the same.
- Role playing circumstances that the child is gone up against and help create reactions that help him or her get over it.
- Know your child’s friends. As a parent, you can create your child’s group of friends and ensure it remains an adoring, tolerating one. Ensuring you remain associated with the social situations and, most important, the built up friendship circles with the parents of other children.
- Look for outside support. At the point when a child is experiencing early puberty, one thing that helps them is talking with different guardians or adults in a similar circumstance.
Early puberty is a very confusing time for all children, and when that procedure goes on for quite a long while sooner than it was supposed to, especially when children's companions are not experiencing it yet, it can be very overpowering. Therefore, the child should be very well educated in this area and should get proper support from everyone. This includes parents, teachers, guardians as well as their friends. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.