Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neera Agarwal
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Neera AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Since few days my eyes look weak and tired and I sleep enough still my eyes feel irritated in the morning and feel like closing them. I do not watch enough laptop and mobile now. Still.
specs number increased. Suffering from high headache from last three days. Last night high headache and feelings ants running (tingling) in head. What is the reason. Is that normal.
I am 65 year old female. I was replaced with prosthetic mitral valve in 1990. I am on warfarin/a intron since then and monitoring INR monthly for adjustment of warfarin/ acitrom. Since last about 4 years I on Acitrom 2 mg daily. I was operated for subdural clot in brain due to fall while walking and was operated for its removal in 2000. I am taking metolar 50mg daily on that account. I am also taking digoxin 1/2 daily. I am now advised to go for cataract operation by eye surgeon in right eye. Is there any risk for the cataract removal surgery. What precaution are required during surgery. Any special advice for cataract surgery.
Mujhe eyes se kam dikhta hai isliye meri ankho se pani aata hai jisse mai pareshan ho mujhe bataya ki mai kaise isko thik karo.
I have a problem with my eyes day by day my eyes is getting reddish I can not do any work when eyes became reddish can I know symptoms for that and precaution.
What are risky eyes .I am having cataract in both eyes. One Ophthalmologist said my eyes are risky. What is the symptom.
I am 27 year old I am facing eye problem eye wax and waterfaling from eye. I went to hospital more time and use drop also but the result is not good.
Mere aankho men2-3 dino se Gid zayada aa rhi hai. Jab bhi kaam karta hu tab aankho se paani aane lagta hai.
I am 18 year old boy. I have 1 D eyesight defect. I am not using spectacle. What I have to do to regain my eyesight.
I am mitesh from gujrat I have a folliculitis on head and always my head pain that side (left) and my left side's eye pain plzzz suggest me what I do.
At morning I am not feeling well. Some shadows appearing in front of eyes. I can not look at brightness. Is it sign of migraine. How it can be treated?
I swam on Saturday and I could sense a lot of chlorine in the pool. Ever since my eyes have been itching and have swollen a bit.
My 3.5yr old girl child has suddenly crossed eye occurs.We checked her eye and she has 2+ spherical number. But still there is crossed eye. Please suggest good medicine
When the eye does not produce the required amount of tears, a condition called dry eyes may emanate. This condition may cause stinging, pain, itching, redness and a host of other symptoms that make normal vision a temporary problem. Also, one might experience difficulty in wearing contact lenses and may feel as if there is are particles trapped within the eyes. Night time driving and facing glares of light also becomes difficult in such cases. Cases where the symptoms have been going on for a prolonged period, must be referred to an ophthalmologist so as to get the correct treatment.
Let us find out the various types of treatment for this condition:
- Medication: A variety of drugs and medication can be used to bring down the inflammation which is the basic cause behind the lack of tears and oil secretion along the edge of the eye, which leads to poor lubrication of the eyes. Oral antibiotics can take care of any underlying infection that may have led to this condition while eye drops and ointments can be used to bring down the swelling.
- Corneal Inflammation: Many times, the cornea may face inflammation which can be fixed with the help of eye drops that work by releasing their immune suppressing element. These eye drops may contain cyclosporine or corticosteroids which can help in fixing this kind of swelling. One important thing to remember is that these corticosteroids are not good for long term use.
- Eye Inserts for Artificial Tears: A tiny eye insert can be used to create artificial tears in case your condition goes from mild to moderate and is not too severe. This eye insert resembles a miniscule grain or rice and usually dissolves gradually to release an eye drop like substance in the eye.
- Tear Stimulators: This kind of medication like Cholinergics, helps in tear production. These are available as pills, drops and ointments.
- Surgical Procedures: From closing your ducts for bringing down tear loss to using special contact lenses specially designed for people who are suffering from dry eyes and unblocking the oil glands, there are a number of surgical procedures that one can use for fixing this problem.
- Home Remedies: One can also make use of some home remedies in order to combat dry eyes. The use of a warm washcloth for a few minutes every day can stimulate the tear ducts and oil glands, while a mild soap for the eyelids can also remove the particles clogging the eyelids.
Speak with an ophthalmologist about the various options that one can use in order to fix this problem depending on the severity of your case.
If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.
I am 62 years old and a glaucoma patient and using eye drops asopt and travatan daily for the last 3 years. I feel very weak and depressed. Is it due to the eye drops or something else. I do not have bp or sugar.
Did you know that your vision is responsible for around 80% of you sensory input? your eyes are among the most delicate organs in your body. Long work hours in front of the computer and long study hours results in tired and sometimes irritating eye conditions. But help isn't too far. Before you head to the doctor, you can head to your kitchen to look for solutions. There are several home remedies that you can try to not only improve your eyesight but also get rid of glasses and rebuild your vision! here's how you can do it:
1. Exercise: Just like any other body part, your eyes need exercise too. Blinking your eyes rapidly for 5 seconds helps moisturize it. Similarly, cupping your eyes with you palms for 4-5 minutes triggers acupuncture points that helps the eye to relax. There are specific exercises to reduce eye strain, improve blurred vision and enhance reading. Do these as per the specific problem you are facing.
2. Take a break: Follow the 10-10-10 rule when you are on the computer for extended hours. For every half hour of work, take a 10 min break to look at something n a distance at least 10 feet away for 10 seconds. These becomes tricky if you are studying or working in a fast paced environment and easily forget to take breaks. Set alarms that help you know the time so that you can actively plan your breaks. To enhance break time, try to look at greenery during your 10 sec break which helps the eyes relax better. Splash your eyes with cold water to give them a fresh feel.
3. Yoga: Yoga and meditation relaxes your body and mind. It is also a great way to relax your eyes as you get to close them and give them rest. When you close your eyes, you shut out a big chunk of sensory inputs helping your body go from an active reaction mode to a passive action mode.
4. Eat for your eyes: Make sure you add your weekly quota of vision enhancing food in you diet. Carrots which are rich in beta-carotene and vitamin a are great for the eyes. Similarly grapes and blueberries work great to improve your night vision. Green leafy veggies, garlic, shallots, eggs and onion all contribute in keeping your eyes healthy and strong. Cold water fish rich in DHA is an another great food that helps reduce dry eyes and muscular degeneration.
5. Change your lifestyle: Other than exercise and proper nutrients, you need to ensure you get a shut eye for six to eight hours every day to let your eyes fully rest and rejuvenate. As always drink 6 - 8 glasses of water. And don't forget to get regular eye check ups especially if you are a diabetic or have other health conditions that adversely affect your eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.