Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neena Singh KumarYour feedback matters!
Eating Disorders, themselves are chronic ailments. These psychological conditions not only affect the eating habits of an individual, they even affect their physical health. In fact, eating disorders like anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa as well as the ones that are not specified have physical repercussions, leading to further chronic diseases that may haunt an individual for the rest of their life. That’s why, it is recommended that an individual seeks psychiatrist’s support and counselling help if they or someone they know is suffering from eating disorder. Here is a list of chronic diseases that can affect individuals who suffer from an eating disorder.
1. Amenorrhea: Also known as loss of menstrual cycle, amenorrhea is a chronic medical condition that usually affects women with anorexia nervosa. Extreme reduction in body fat, loss of nutrients, wrong eating habits, extreme obsession and preoccupation with exercise and food is one of the leading causes of this chronic medical condition.
2. Diabetes: Elevated Blood Sugar is usually noticed with Binge-purge eating disorder and bulimia nervosa, which can result in kidney problems as well as the chronic disease called diabetes. It can also cause liver shut down and lead to a domino reaction where the immune system starts to develop different problems. Meanwhile, low blood sugar can be caused due to anorexia, leading to neurological and mental deterioration.
3. Depression: Depression and eating disorders tend to co-exist. Depression, a chronic condition may be caused due to factors like hormonal imbalances and vitamin deficiencies, malnutrition and dehydration. People living with eating disorders may be predisposed to stress as well.
4. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Rampant among those with eating disorders, chronic fatigue syndrome can results in weakened immune system.
5. Gastrointestinal Problems: Anorexia Nervosa can result in chronic gastrointestinal problems. Similarly, vomiting or inducing vomiting with bulimia can further elevate these issues. The person may experience episodes of vomiting and acid reflux even when they don’t intend to. It can further cause gum diseases and dental problems, while resulting in pancreatitis, perforated ulcer, gastric rupture and other problems.
Eating disorders can result in death due to heart attack and heart failure, lung collapse or even internal bleeding and stroke. It is recommended that individual seek medical support immediately for an eating disorder.
I have missed my periods by 1 month. And I had sex 1 month before that. Does that mean I am pregnant or it is something else. What should I do to confirm it?
Hii, My age 20 I'm getting full pain during my periods is there any tablets to stop my pain ? My questions. 1) is there any side effects by using that tablets 2) how to use ? Pls. Explain in detail Pls help me, thanks in advance.
I am saroj yadav. I am pregnant, I want to know what to do, what to eat and what not to do in first trimester.
I am pregnant for three weeks and iav taken abortion kit but only a slight spot was observed, so can I take one kit more which contains 5 pills？
My case pcod problem in left ovary can I get conceive as early Dos and do nots to follow Newly married of a month.
She took an I pill after a sexual intercourse. And its been over a week her periods hasn't been started! And she is having severe stomach pain. From last three days. She is just 20 years old!
My Friend Put Me A Question? He Said Tell Me How you Get Pregnant My Wife. I Told Him The Process, How U Pregnant your Wife, But He Did not Believe On Me. He Said I Told Him Wrong. So Tell Me How He Pregnant Her Wife. When He is doing sex with her wife to get pregnant?
My wife is of 40 years age. Height is about 5 ft 4 inches. Weight is about 62 kgs. Taking medication for thyroid from past 4 years. We are married for 12 years now and she has never been interested in sex. Every time I try get rejected as she says she hates it. We have 2 kids and she allowed only for kids. Her food habits mainly home food only. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Does not like tea or coffee. She takes 1 glass of milk in the morning. Please help.
10 CARDINAL SYMPTOMS OF VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY-
1-EXCESSIVE BODYACHE- THIS IS MAIN SYMPTOM OF VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY. IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU HAVE LOSS ALL YOUR ENERGY AT THE END OF THE DAY AND IF YOU BECOME TIRED EVEN AFTER SLIGHT WORK, IT MAY REPRESENT VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY
2-UNEXPAINED DEPRESSION-IF YOU HAVE LOW MOOD, WHICH IS UNEXPLAIN BY YOUR SITUATION, THAN YOU HAVE TO GO FOR VITAMIN D TEST
3- TINGING AND NUMBNESS OF LIMBS-IF YOU FEEL PIN PRICKING SENSATION IN YOUR HANDS AND FEETS, THAN YOU MAY HAVE VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY
4- MUSCULAR CRAMPS-SUDDEN TIGHTNESS OF MUSCLES ESPECIALLY IN CALF AREA. SOMETIME IN ANKLE, THIGH, ARM, WRIST, FINGERS ETC. SUGGESTIVE OF VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY
5-RESTLESS LEGS AT NIGHT-IF YOU FEEL THAT YOUR BODY IS PAINING SPECIELLY LEGS, WHEN YOU ARE RELAXING. YOU FEEL SOME RELEIF BY MOVING YOUR LEGS. IT GENERALLY HAPPENS IN NIGHT AND FEELING OF RELATION BY STRACHING OF LEGS REMAIN UNTILL YOU ARE NOT FALLING IN SLEEP.IT ALSO SUGGESTIVE OF VITANIN D DEFICIENCY
6- UNCONTROLLED DIABETES- IF YOUR SUGAR IS NOT CONTROLLED BY MEDICATION, EVEN AFTER APPROPRIATE DOSE AND SUGAR LEVEL HAS FLUACTUATIONS THAN GO FOR VITAMIN D TESTING
7- RECURRENT INFECTION-IF YOU GET COLD/COUGH/FEVER ON SLIGHT CHANGE IN WHETHER OR SLIGHT CHENGE IN DIET, IT MEANS YOU MAY HAVE VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY
8-NECK PAIN- IF YOU SUFFER FROM NECK PAIN A ND YOU THINK THAT IT IS DUE TO SO CALLED “CERVICAL”, THAN YOU MAY BE WRONG. MOST OF NECK PAIN IS DUE TO LACK OF VITAMIN D
9- BACKACHE AND LUMBER ACHE-IF YOU HAVE PROBLEM IN LIFTING HEAVY WEIGHT, BENDING, OR YOU HAVE PERSISTENT LOW BACKACHE SOMETIME CALLED AS “DISC BULGE” AND “SCIATICA”, THAN IT IS POSSIBLITY THAT YOU MAY SUFFER FROM VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY
10- SKIN PROBLEM LIKE PSORIASIS-IF YOUR SKIN PROBLEM LIKE PSORIASIS IS NOT COMES UNDER CONTROL EVEN AFTER PROPER MEDICATION OR IT REAPPEAR AFTER SOMETIME , THAN GO FOR VITAMIN D TESTING.
Respected sir My wife is pregnant. But she is suffering in HUM. Please tell me what is my next step.
Hi doc, main 31 year or meri wife 35 year or hamari ek beti hai 4 year old ki. Main yeh jaan na chahta hoon ki kya main apni wife ke sath sex kar sakta hoon jab usko periods ho rahe hon wothout condom. Kya pregnancy ke chances ho sakte hai is situation me?
I have oily skin of face and usually regular periods. This time they got delayed by around two weeks. I am having hair fall and acne or pimples. Please how to resolve naturally.
To homeopathy doctors please let me know the side effects of spondin, since I took this medicine I am feeling stomachache, after every 1-2 hrs I run to toilet. Even my pain in my body increases. For my backache doctor prescribed me this medicine. I am confused should I stop taking this medicine.
Yesterday night during intercourse contraceptive (condom) came off. My wife has already taken unwanted 72 this week on last Saturday. Can she take another one? What other options to prevent the pregnancy?
My sis age is 33 years old. Wo pregnant hona chahti h but use pehle cyst ho gya tha wo recover ho gya then sab test b normal aaye Jo Dr. ne kahaa tha. Toh Dr. ne unki. Follicular studies start ki. Unhone Dr. k according hi time pe sex kia egg b futta sab positive hi chal RHA tha fir b use periods a gye n wo pregnant nhi Hui. Dr. ne unhe hsg krane KO kahaa Ab wo b normal Aai h koi blockage nhi h usme bhi. Toh Ab kitne percent chance h meri sis k pregnant hone Ke. M so worried about her. please reply me soon.
I am 37 weeks pregnant. Did my ultra sound this week. My baby weighs 2.5 KGS. Drs considered it to b a low weight n prescribed me with aminofit tablet. Is it necessary to use this tablet? Or can I increase my baby's weight through my food?
They say, not everything sweet necessarily leaves a sweet taste. True to that, sugar, whether brown or white, is often considered detrimental to health. Not only does it trigger glucose imbalance in the body, it also heightens the potential of cardiovascular diseases. However, if a comparison is drawn between white and brown sugar, the latter is assumed to be healthier. Brown sugar is essentially granulated sugar with molasses, so it contains greater amount of minerals and consequently is recommended over white sugar. Molasses, being a more natural constituent, reaps more health benefits in comparison to white sugar.
The usual process of manufacturing sugar involves extracting the juice from sugar cane, which then is centrifuged to form finer granules. Unlike white sugar, it goes into further processing; brown sugar is blended with molasses. This enhances the natural constituency of the sugar and makes it more refined. Brown sugar has certain explicit advantages. Often, white sugar includes synthetic flavors which may cause further damage to your health. As against this, brown sugar is slightly more beneficial.
Brown sugar comes with few other discrete advantages. A large number of weight watchers vouch for it. Compared to white sugar, brown sugar supplies a fairly reduced amount of calories. Moreover, brown sugar is surfeit in minerals. It provides one with a decent quantum of calcium, magnesium, iron and potassium. With regard to taste, brown sugar has a quainter taste than white sugar. Brown sugar, on account of the greater proportion of molasses content, usually is less saccharine than white sugar.
While the minimal processing that goes into making brown sugar enhances its nutritive value, it really isn't a healthy alternative to plain sugar. True, it retains more health enzymes than plain sugar, but it does not really benefit your body. Many perceive that the hype around the health benefits of brown sugar is a marketing strategy and gimmicky stance to increase its market values.
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection i.e. ICSI is different from conventional IVF i.e. In Vitro Fertilization because a single sperm is selected by the embryologist to be injected by a needle into the egg rather than a dish with many sperms placed near the egg so that the fastest swimming sperm enters it. Once the sperm is injected directly into the egg, it fertilizes, after which the embryo is transferred into the womb or uterus.
Your doctor might recommend ICSI treatment for you if you have an extremely low sperm count resulting in infertility or other medical sperm conditions such as poor motility or poor morphology. It may also be suggested if prior attempts at IVF procedures have failed in fertilizing the egg or the fertilization rate is extremely low. You must also consider ICSI treatment if you resort to embryo testing or if the sperm needs to be collected from the epididymis or testicles surgically.
However, you must keep in mind that if your partner has a genetic problem resulting in low sperm count, it could be passed on to your child, if you decide to use your husband's sperm for this process.
Success Rates of ICSI:
The success rate of ICSI treatment depends on your age and your fertility problem. Your eggs are healthier when you are young and as you age, chances are that they will become less healthy.
- 35 per cent if you are under 35 years of age
- 29 per cent if you are between 35 to 37 years of age
- 21 per cent if you are between 38 to 39 years of age
- 14 per cent if you are between 40 to 42 years of age
- 6 per cent if you are between 43 to 44 years of age
- 5 per cent if you are above 44 years of age
Advantages of ICSI Treatment:
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection gives you a chance to conceive a child genetically when most other options are exhausted. Males may be unable to ejaculate on the day the eggs are collected due to anxiety. ICSI proves to be advantageous because sperm may also be surgically extracted for this process. It is extremely helpful for those couples who suffer from unexplained infertility. However, one of the most important factors is that ICSI treatment does not affect your child's physical or mental health.
Diet for PCOD and Scope of Homoeopathy
PCOD is a very common condition seen in women these days. Women with PCOD are more prone to developing serious health conditions. There are several causes that lead to this condition, one of the primes of them being the diet we choose and our lifestyle. Given below are some important Do’s and Don’ts to follow, for women with PCOD and for all those who would like to prevent this condition. A little extra care if taken in effectively managing our diet and lifestyle could go a long way in preventing PCOD.
- Wheat products (wheat bread, wheat pasta)
- Natural diuretic fruits
- Raw fruits (especially apple, pear etc.) and vegetables
- Oats, Corn, Butter, eggs, almonds, peanuts, pumpkin, beans, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumber, eggplant, lettuce, mushroom, onions, peppers, spinach, vegetable oil, soya beans, apricots, blueberries, cantaloupe, cherries, figs, grapes, honeydew, lemon, tomato juice, kiwi fruit, pineapple, plum, raspberries, strawberries, watermelon, mango, cheese, radishes, olive oil, nuts, salmon fish, flaxseeds
- Protein rich foods
- High fiber rich food and Vit B rich food
- Opt for lean meat. Avoid chicken though, as they may be injected with male hormone to increase the muscle bulk, which would trigger PCOD
- Move to Soy products instead of milk, as milk has the tendency to increase the testosterone levels
- Include 1-2 litres of water in your diet, which avoids water retention
- Divide meals into small healthy 5-6 meals per day, instead of 3 heavy meals and never miss breakfast
- Sit –ups, push –ups
- Skipping helps you to lessen binge eating, the release of serotonin and dopamine will keep your stress levels low.
- Stress free methods such as Yoga, meditation, listening to music etc.
- All whites (Maida, white bread, pasta, etc.)
- Junk or fast foods, cakes, cookies, sweets, chocolates, soft drinks and soda, desserts etc.
- Avoid red meat, whole milk dairy, fried food, margarines
- Reduce Sodium intake, by avoiding sauces, chips, salted nuts, canned soups
- Quit smoking –as it stimulates Androgen
- Avoid alcohol
Scope of Homoeopathy in PCOD:
Homeopathic approach towards management of PCOD is constitutional, taking into account the presenting complaints along with physical, mental and genetic make-up that individualizes a person. It involves prescribing “Constitutional Medicine”, which is also capable for working on the Ovaries and the entire Endocrine system. The treatment logic varies depending on the presence of any genetic predisposition, physical makeup (obesity), peculiarities of your menstrual, etc. In Homoeopathy, medicines are given to induce ovulation in a natural way, which would improve and regularize your menstrual cycle and also helps in the prevention or minimization of cyst formation.
Feel free to drop a personal message for any query