Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neena SelangiaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 27 rs old and I have PCOD. so how do I get rid of this? and I am getting married in few months so how will pcod affect in conceiving in future.
Fertility in women can be affected because of various external or internal reasons. It is good to understand the problems since this fast becoming a very common problem.
The causing factors usually include -
1. Ovulation problems - One reason for female infertility is when eggs don't mature in the ovaries. This is known as ovulation problems. Possible symptoms of this are absent or irregular periods and the possible solution is keeping a check on body weight, taking fertility drugs and/or having IVF.
2. Uterus problem - There are tissues, known as endometrial tissues which form the lining of the uterus. When they grow outside the uterus, it is called endometriosis and can be a reason for infertility. While some women have no symptoms of this, some have painful periods. Fertility drugs, ivf and surgery to remove the tissue are its possible solutions.
3. Pcos - Pcos or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is of late one of the most common reasons of female infertility. It is characterised by unpredictable ovarian patterns and hormonal imbalances. Possible symptoms are acne, obesity, irregular periods, and excessive hair growth. Weight loss, changes in lifestyle, injected fertility drugs, ivf and ovarian drilling are its possible solutions.
4. Damaged fallopian tubes - Some women have blocked or damaged fallopian tubes which prevent the sperm from getting to the egg. This situation leads to stds and pelvic inflammatory diseases. There are no symptoms as such and the methods of solution are surgery to open the tubes and if that is not possible, to remove the tubes and try ivf.
5. Unidentified reasons - There are many unexplained fertility problems where none of the above mentioned problems exist. In such situations, fertility drugs - with or without artificial insemination or ivf are advised.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
If she use lubic gel Then any problem with her pregnancy? And In lubic gel vagina can I intercourse normally?
I've been diagnosed with pcos. I am married for 9 months. Now we're trying to have babies. How complicated is it?
I didn't had periods from last two months, before that I had a gap in periods of 3 months. I am a healthy girl and my daily routine is normal. Please,tell me what to do for regular periods?
Hello Sir, My wife is having lots of pain during her menses. please suggest any medicine which helps to reduce her menses pain and medicine will not effect her menses because some medicine stops her menses too.
Vegetables have always been an integral part of every healthy meal, as they contain nutrients, antioxidants and vitamins, which ensure smoothness of skin and prevent wrinkles.
Here are some of those veggies, which would help you maintain your youthful, healthy appearance and visage. Read more to find out about them:
- Broccoli: Make sure you have a generous portion of this vegetable when you are on a meal as this green cruciferous vegetable is stuffed with phytonutrients, which reduce inflammation and also help preventing lung cancer and stomach cancer. They also contain essential nutrients which help in cell repair and help to slow down the aging process.
- Spinach: Spinach is your go to food if you want you to retain your hard earned muscle tone. Studies indicate that spinach helps in strengthening your muscles. It contains magnesium, more than any other food item per serving. It helps to maintain muscle definition and nerve function as well as regulates blood pressure and blood sugar.
- Kale: Kale is full of vitamin K, which is very essential for blood coagulation and preventing internal hemorrhaging. It is also essential to maintain the strength of your bones as you age. Studies have shown that Kale also helps to prevent prostate cancer. Consume it cooked to maximize its benefits.
- Onions: Onions are very helpful in preventing and resolving your stomach trouble. It prevents the growth of H. pylori bacteria, which causes ulcers, gastritis and gastric cancer. Unfortunately deep fried onion rings do not count. Garlic and tea, other food items, which are rich in flavonoid are some other alternatives, which you can go for.
- Eggplant: Eggplants are rich in Nasunin, a nutrient which helps in the anti-aging process and helps prevent cancer as well. Eggplants also help prevent Alzheimer's disease.
- Red Bell Pepper: Red bell peppers contain vitamin C, which triggers the production of white blood cells that fight against germs and bacteria. Consuming a diet, which is rich in vitamin C helps to lessen wrinkles because it helps in the production of collagen.
Related Tip: "Are Detox Diets Good For You?"
Pain in the skin near clitoris more than 1 year after recurrent infections in vagina there are small pimples like thing which is not clearly visible but I feel pain all time.
My tsh level is 7.02 mcIU/ml. I'm taking medicine thyroxine of 75 mcg. Still I find irregular periods, what else could be done for this?
I am diagnosed wid pcos, last month ultrasound report shows bilateral ovaries bulky containing follicles of subcentimeters, right overy size is 10 cc nd left overy size is 8 cc, my periods are scanty, bcoz of this I have acne on my face nd my skin tone getting ,once I taken syrup ashokarishta which improves my acne condition but I leave it after taking one nd half month, now I am going to take treatment in homeopathy can I take ashokarishta wid this, I think homeopathy initially cause more acne before cure please help me in this worried condition.
Well, very tough one to answer. There can be no right or wrong answers. Most parents will wish their kids to abstain till marriage and youngsters will always question it with lots of reasoning. Some will argue to have grown up enough to take appropriate decisions and with easy availability of contraceptives, "what's the big deal"they may ask ? They will always label their parents and those in favour of abstinence as old fashioned persons always giving unsolicited advice because it is their life after all ! Why should they listen to anyone?
Sweet sixteen is a very tender age when lots of hormonal changes take place. Surge of chemicals in the body make you feel very different like never before. There is a strong but sweet attraction to someone of the opposite gender you knew for quite some time. Your friends tell you a lot of interesting and romantic stories about their own life , some of them may be a work of fiction . You may feel aroused while watching some intimate scenes in a movie. Many of you try to calm down by masturbating , which is perfectly safe way to experience ultimate pleasure in absence of the "real one" .During one of "those" discussions with your friends, their may be a mention of virginity and wish to try the real thing. I find lots and lots of youngsters to have tried that real thing but is it appropriate?
One thing is sure. As you grow up, there are a lot of mile stones or possible goals to be achieved like doing well in studies, working hard for a good career, achieving both emotional, social and economical independence and of course experience this pleasure which will inculcate intimacy and help you mature as a person. Making babies is a very minor mile stone and many may not opt for this but other goals are inescapable.
Now what ever your parents want , they can't accompany you all the time . It is you and only you who will decide what you want to do with your life . You need to set your priorities right. No one can stop you from experiencing the "real thing " at the time you chose . You can argue that you are mature enough to focus hard on studies, prepare for career and experience "that thing"
In my opinion , it may become too much of a multi tasking. I know for myself I am not good at it. I have also been through all these chemical "locha " There was a strong urge to experience "that joy" with someone changing each day in fantasies . Probably I didn't have the courage to ask someone for a date so waited till marriage Fine, that may have been a blessing in disguise if I look back on all those wonderful years of my school and college. It was not this common as well those days ,as it is today but I could focus very hard on my studies and today, I am what I am. Really, was it something so great I wish I should have done it earlier? It was great and still is , but studies is the real asset I Accumulated to reach here. All people are different so others may be more efficient in multitasking but There is a chance that you are driven more by the raging chemicals and start focusing on it more than it deserves. Really, if by any chance, it so happens, you lose lots of time and may not achieve your potential. This chance to work for career will not come twice . Still you may be capable of doing everything perfectly but it becomes a high risk path. You want to tread a safer approach or walk on a superhighway is your choice. At the end of the day, people will judge you by what you have achieved . It is of no importance at what age you lose virginity.
So decide for yourself what is right for you at which age. My job is to tell you positives and negatives
Is sucking girl's vagina is good? I suck it many times. My gf enjoyed it very much. We maintain proper hygiene. But I am afraid of its side effects. I want to suck it. Could I take some precaution? Means outside panty I suck it? When ever I suck pussy she wear new panty and all shaved.
For PCOS condition doctors prescribe hormone tablets to correct it but some doctors say that taking these hormone pills leads to many disasters if period is regular is it necessary to take hormone pills.
I had taken I pill 4 months ago and I bleeding too much. But I missed my period since 3 months. I checked my pregnancy test 2 times. But it was negative. I'm also suffering with PCOD. Taken" deviry 10" medicine from 4 days ago. Is it okay? Or am I pregnant? I'm scared. What should I do? Please suggest doctor. I.
A tumor is occupied in her left breast. Is surgery needed or there is some another option to do the cure? Please guide me.
Recent years have witnessed the severity of acute respiratory infections. The main cause is exposure to more of respiratory Infection causing microorganisms. Everyone is at a high risk of exposure. The infections can affect all age groups equally. Therefore, you must know all about acute respiratory infections.
Acute respiratory infections may interfere in normal breathing. The infection often starts as a viral infection in the nose, trachea (windpipe) or in the lungs. In cases of non treatment, the infection spreads to the entire respiratory system. The infections are transmissible.
There are many respiratory infections of which causes are unknown. However, a few known viral causes are as follows:
- Adenoviruses: These viruses are known to have over 50 different types of viruses causing common cold, bronchitis as well as pneumonia.
- Rhinoviruses: These viruses cause common cold. Those individuals, be it young or old, who have a weak immune system can have an acute respiratory infection.
- Influenza virus: This is also known as Orthomyxovirus with six types of viruses, such as Type A, B and C, Isa Virus, Thogoto Virus and Coronavirus. Out of these, Type A is known to cause a severe disease.
- Enterovirus: This virus is associated with several human and mammalian diseases, including acute respiratory infection.
- Respiratory syncytial virus: This virus causes respiratory tract infections in the lower respiratory tract.
Bacterial causes are as follows:
- Bacillus anthracis
- Bordetella pertussis
- Corynebacterium diphtheria
- Pneumococcus: It is a cause of meningitis and Pneumonia.
- Streptococcus pyogenes
- Haemophilus influenzae
Few of the prominent symptoms are as follows:
- Itchy, watery eyes - Soreness behind eyes and often conjunctivitis
- Nasal discharge and congestion
- Having Sore throat
- Severe Headache
- Muscle pain
The first thing that the doctor tends to check is the breathing pattern of the patient, followed by a number of checks:
- Fluid and inflammation in the lungs
- Nose and throat checks
- X-ray or CT scan would be required to check the condition of the lungs in advanced cases
There could be complications such as respiratory failure, respiratory arrest or congestive heart failure
Ideally for viruses, there isn't any cure. Medications that are prescribed are for the symptoms.
- Cautious use of antibiotics for the symptoms can reduce adverse effects as well as decrease costs. It will also reduce drug resistance.
- A single oral dose of nasal decongestant used in common cold could be moderately effective to aid congestion in grown-ups for a short period.
- Alternate medications, such as the use of vitamin C help in the inhibition and cure of upper respiratory infections.
- Probiotics and vaccination are available for certain infections such as URTIs, Adenoviruses and Streptococcus pneumoniae.
- Best prevention is to boost your immune system.