Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neena Bahl
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Neena BahlYour feedback matters!
I am twelve days late from my period. So I took home pregnancy test in the morning. I got one dark line and one semi dark line. So am I pregnant. What should I do next.
My beta HCG level was less than 1.2 which I tested approx 1 week post my expected period date. Could I still be pregnant? Thnku.
Had unprotected sex on 19th march. Periods were due 23rd march. Still have not got them. Took a pregnancy test yesterday which was negative. What are the chances of me being pregnant?
Pregnancy is a beautiful period in every woman's life. Lots of physical, mental and emotional changes occur during pregnancy and the best way to cope up with them is exercise, also known as pregnancy yoga or antenatal exercise. Working out when you are expecting is great for you and your baby.
Benefits for mother and baby of Pregnancy Yoga:
- Increased sense of well being,
- Improves body muscle tone and relieves tension
- Ensures healthy weight gain,
- Cardiovascular and respiratory fitness
- Maintain a stable body position
- Decrease in pregnancy related muscle problems, joint pains, constipation, abdominal bloating,
- Reduces fatigue and helps manage stress
- Increases endurance and strengthening muscles
- Help relieve back pressure
- Improve posture and balance
- Improve circulation and lowers blood pressure
- Helps prepare for the strain of labor
- Increased chances of natural labor and childbirth
- Improves self-image
- Regains figure faster
- Prepare for immediate postnatal period
- Stretches for lower back
- Upper back stretch
- Pelvic Tilts
Guidelines for exercise:
- Exercise at least three times per week
- Avoid exercise in supine position after first trimester and prolonged motionless standing
- Modify exercises according to maternal symptoms and fatigue levels
- Avoid exercises that could cause loss of balance or falling (ballistic exercises)
- Have adequate diet
- Hydration before, during and after exercise
Things to know while doing exercise or pregnancy yoga:
- Consult your doctor first
- Start after 12-14 weeks
- Wear loose, comfortable clothes
- Keep at least 3-4 hrs gap between meal and exercise
- Early morning is the best time
- Avoid becoming too hot or overheated
- Be gentle- avoid stretching or straining muscles/joints.
- Medical problem- consult doctor- do under strict supervision
- Listen to your body
- Never exercise till exhaustion or breathlessness
- Heart rate should not > 140/min
- Take frequent breaks during exercise
- Keep yourself hydrated
- Eat healthy diet- plenty of fruits, vegetables
Discontinue exercise if:
I get stomach ache on my 1st day of periods which is seriously unbearable! I've already consulted gynaecologist but was of no use! What do I do now?
Doesn't really sound like much, does it? especially when your daily calorie requirement is somewhere between 1500-2500. Given that calorie intake varies from person to person, based on gender, weight, age, and various other factors; the calories consumed don't change a bit no matter who's consuming them.
If someone says 200 calories, it seems like nothing when we talk about desserts and fried food, but it seems like a lot in context to fruits and healthy food. So let's take a look at some pictures of food depicting 200 calories to figure out how much is too much.
First is some fish, particularly salmon. This amount is great for a filling healthy snack. Add some vegetables or some vinegar to make it a perfect dinner.
Then comes 3 small pieces of brown bread which is actually more than enough for a light snack.
Pasta in that amount makes 200 calories, so you add some chicken or vegetables and mix it up in a great sauce to make it a healthy meal under 500 calories.
One full glass of white wine comes up to 92 calories, so you easily kick back and enjoy 2 glasses of wine!
Potatoes the best sin. French fries an even deadlier sin! but be careful not to order a large amount, stick to a small portion for a quick snack.
Now don't look at the brownies and get too excited, you're allowed only one such piece because that's around 190 calories.
White rice can be consumed in more than a mouthful, though; you can enjoy one full bowl of white rice without worrying about more than 200 calories.
3 boiled eggs the perfect healthy snack, which is astoundingly so filling is another snack under 200 calories.
One glass of full-fat milk comes up to 200 calories, which is why it is a recommended midnight snack.
Then, we have one whole chicken breast, which can be spruced up with sauce or cooked in any manner without worrying about too many calories.
A plate full of fruit such as kiwi makes up 200 calories now that's a great way to feel full and be healthy!
Black coffee makes up for barely 10 calories. And if you have it with sugar that'll be around 30-40 calories. This means you're allowed 5-8 cups a day (it's safe to assume you will become a night owl after such consumption). If you like your coffee with milk and sugar, that's almost 100 calories so you're allowed 2 cups of that.
Your morning cup provides more than just a jolt of caffeine. Well, now you know what 200 calories look like. In some cases, it's barely a mouthful, while it's more than a yummy meal in others. Another great way to make sure you're snacking under 200 calories or consuming the necessary amount, download a calorie counter app. It allows you to record every food item and shows you the total amount of calories you consumed.
Here's to some healthy snacking, some unhealthy binging (once in a while) and an overall diet within your calorie budget.
Enjoy your healthy meals:)
In case of any query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 08067417780 (dial extension: 778)
Masturbation is very common and most people indulge in it at some stage or the other in their lives. With online content becoming the main research material, there are lots of myths about masturbation in both men and women. Read on to know some of the common myths and facts about this in males and females.
Myth vs. Fact #1: The common myth is that men who masturbate regularly will have erectile dysfunction. The reality is that the body gets used to certain types of touch, like your own hand or vibrations, and therefore achieving pleasure with a partner may require slight practice and time. It, however, does not cause erectile dysfunction per se. It is a common belief that people who masturbate are sexually exhausted and would not be able to perform when actually with a partner. This is not true, for as long as the person is stimulated and desires sex, they can indulge in it with no cap on the number of instances that a person can be involved in the act.
Myth vs. Fact #2: Indulging in masturbation is an abnormal part of sexual growth. Though most would not admit it, there are anonymous studies which reveal a large number of people (about 70% of the boys and 60% of the girls) in the age group of 15 to 18 indulge in masturbation. This indicates that it is a very normal part of growing up. Children should be educated that it is normal to touch and explore the genitals, but should know the limitations.
Myth vs. Fact #3: People in relationships do not masturbate. Whether single or in a relationship, people masturbate, and this does not mean they are unhappy in their relationships. Depending on the levels of sexual desire and stimulation, some would indulge in masturbation despite being in a healthy relationship with a partner. Some people could indulge in the act together, which also has benefits like avoiding pregnancy.
Myth vs. Fact #4: Masturbation has no good effects. Just as sex acts as a good stress buster, masturbation does too. The good health benefits of masturbation include better sleep, reduced levels of stress and tension, improved concentration, reduced headaches, increased self-esteem, and an overall happy being. In women, this also helps improve vaginal dryness, which is a major cause of painful vaginal sex.
Myth vs. Fact #5: Masturbation has emotional side effects. Over indulgence surely can affect work, school, or social life, but it is not true for everybody. If that is the case, the person requires counselling. Else, it is a part of normal growing up and does not cause any physical or mental problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am 18 years old and my girlfriend is too 18 years old. We had sex on her 6 th day of periods. She has still bleeding in 6th day also, we continued sex used condoms. During sex she has no bleeding but after she had some bleeding, after she had pain in her vagina. This is our first sex, we are afraid that there will be any problem for my girlfriend. Does she get any pregnancy, we are bothering about that main confusion. Please give me answer and clear our confusion and tension. Is she will be alright or not. Some friends told that after sex we gain weight and increase in body. Really that happens or it's just a gossip. We are son tensed in matter of pregnancy only, we used condoms during our intercourse also.
I am scared to have sex with her she has uterus cancer she had already treatment done for one month injunction it is harmful to my penis and I have red spot and itchy something pls give good advice me.
Hi, I am 32-years old female n not conceiving ,although my hormonal level is normal, n husband test is also normal, please suggest ?
I am asking this question for one of my friend. She is around 50 years and going through menopause. For the last nearly one year she is not able to enjoy the sex. She says though she enjoy the foreplay, she never gets the orgasm. This was not the case 2-3 years back. I would like to know what could be the reason? is there any way she can get orgasm?
Popping pills is something we cannot do away with completely. But something that should be borne in mind that every drug is used for one of its particular property which is healing, but on the other hand, it also has, almost always, the not-so-nice effects. These side effects could sometimes be as simple as nausea or itching to something as serious as shooting up blood sugar levels.
Talking of side effects, do you know that Viagra was originally used for pulmonary hypertension and its side effect was improved performance in patients with erectile dysfunction (ED)? Viagra thus became the famous magical blue pill for patients with ED. On the other hand, there are quite a few drugs that can lower your libido levels. Listed below are some of the regularly used medicines that can impact your sexual life.
1. Antihypertensives - Medications that are aimed at reducing blood pressure (diuretics and alpha and beta adrenergic blockers) have a negative effect on the sexual life. Switching drugs after medical consultation is an alternate.
2. Antidepressants - With depression on the rise, more and more people are prescribed anti-depressants, especially the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs). Both these increase the mood but lower the libido, in up to 50% of the patients. Added amount of cardio workout could be a work-around for patients on SSRIs. Reducing the dose of TCAs could help improve sexual function.
3. Proscar - Benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH) is a common condition seen in aging men, and finasteride is used for its treatment. This prevents conversion of testosterone to its active form and thereby reduces sexual function. Surgical correction of BPH could be an alternative.
4. Antihistamines - Common cold cures like diphenhydramine and chlorpheniramine affect sexual life too. The good news is that these drugs are cleared out of the system within 24 hours and the side effect does not last long either. In patients who might need these chronically, this side effect should be borne in mind.
5. Anti-seizure drugs - Drug like terbetrol which is used to cure seizure does the same for the sexual act, which is physiologically akin to a seizure -impulse traveling slower along the nerve. If noticed, an alternative medication should be used.
6. Opioids - For severe chronic pain, Vicodin and OxyContin are used but these reduce testosterone levels and thereby reduce sexual drive too. Use of testosterone creams could be a substitute.
In all these cases, the key is to have a discussion with your doctor as soon as you realize it could be affecting your sex life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Garlic can do wonders to your libido. Garlic has always been seen as a miracle herb that heals body organs. It normalizes the blood flow especially towards the penis. Many ancient civilizations have used garlic to increase and heal the sexuality. I have personally tried garlic and can vouch for its powers. It is not only good for vitality and little jhony it is also great for your general health.
How to Use:
You can eat three to four garlic cloves daily for a if you are having difficulty getting an erection. You can cut that down to three times a week after a month. that is if you start feeling better down there. you can also use grated garlic in your meat to get the desired result but raw garlic cloves work much better. Your breath will be awful but I am sure your partner won’t complain after your performance in bed.