Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neena Bahl
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Neena BahlYour feedback matters!
Dear Dr. What are the chances that through partner I can have uti infection. How to prevent it? Secondly, I have heard that eating too much lemon have adverse effect on sex life. I love lemons and I eat half lemon / day. Is it true?
How can I increase blood flow to the genitals. Sure ring from sex drive and ed. The size of the organ and skin around the testis also seems shrinking. Pls help I am 43 years old have a son from my first marriage and I am supposed to get married again soon. Also when I have erection I seem to suffer from premature ejaculation.
I've fibroid in my uterus and I'm also pregnant. please tell me Is any complications in my delivery time. My due date is June 18th. My doctor said that I've 95% cesarian chance. Is it true.
I am planning to conceive .So I have been taking cor 3 for folic acid for past 2 months .But today I don't remember if I have taken one dose or 2. Is it dangerous if I have consumed 2 tablets o it? Also if this a good medicine for folic acid, please advice if there is a better medicine than this Thanks.
Vitamin B is not one vitamin, but is a complex of 8 vitamins, which not only essential for a good health, but also enables smooth functioning of various functions of the body. Further, each of the vitamin B complexes has specific body functions ranging from iron metabolism to hair health to preventing migraineOur body requires vitamin substances, as stated by their names.
Vitamin B complex is widely present in food sources, and in someone who eats a well-balanced diet would be getting the required amounts of vitamin B complex.
Vitamin B1, also known as thiamine, is required for the body to make new cells and so has a significant role in the immune system. It ias also known as the anti-stress vitamin as it helps in improving immunity. It also is required for breakdown of carbohydrates.
Vitamin B2, chemically known as riboflavin, is essential for red blood cell production and transporting oxygen throughout the body. It also has antioxidant properties by reducing free radicals. This also has antiaging properties and reduces the onset of heart disease.
Vitamin B3, also known as niacin, is essential for cholesterol regulation. It promotes the formation of good cholesterol and so essential for preventing the onset of heart disease. It also is shown to have anti-acne effects.
Vitamin B5, pantothenic acid, is essential for fat and carbohydration metabolism. It also is required for the production of hormones including testosterone and cortisol (stress hormones). It is also beneficial to the skin by reducing antiaging effects including reducing brown spots.
Vitamin B6 or pyridoxine, has a major role to play in sleep and mood regulation. It produces various neurotransmitters like serotonin, melatonin, and norepinephrine which are essential for emotional well-being. It also has anti-inflammatory properties and is useful in conditions like rheumatoid arthritis.
Vitamin B7 or Biotin is known as the beauty vitamin, as it has major hair, skin, and nail benefits. It is also essential for glucose level maintenance. It assumes great importance in pregnancy as it is important for normal growth of the baby.
Vitamin B9 or folate or folic acid is again very essential in pregnancy as deficiency can lead to neurological defects in the developing baby. It also plays a major role in carrying oxygen to the cells through the RBCs.
Vitamin B12 or cobalamin is essential to ensure the other vitamins are functioning properly. B12 deficiency leads to anaemia, as it enables the red blood cells to carry oxygen throughout the body. It is mostly present in non-vegetarian foods and supplements are commonly given in anaemic people.
Platelet and Nutrition
Platelet are the thinest cells in the blood stream.
I t look like plates in their non-active state but in active state the tentacles that seems to the shape of spider or an octopus. Like other blood cells it is also made in blood marrow.
Role of platelet is to protect the body against excessive loss of blood, during injury, in the presence of wound or injury these cells migrate to site and bind the damaged blood vessels and forms the clot
In human body normally the platelet count range is 1,50000 - 4,50000 / microlitter
When the count is above the 4,50000 / microliter it is called thrombocythemia or thrombocythemia. The term thrombocythemia is used when the cause of higher platelet count is not known i.e. Primary or essential thrombocythemia. this condition occurs when the faulty cells in the bone marrow make too many platelets. While the higher platelet count due to any disease it is called secondary or reactive Thrombocytosis which more common than the thrombocythemia.
When the count is below 1,50000/microlitter the condition is called thrombocythemia. Low platelet count may result bleeding from nose, gums, under the skin (Purpura) in the forearm and pinpoint bleeds (Petechiae) on the legs. In womens long and heavy periods. Treatment should be initiated before the bleeding occurs because some time a huge drop of platelet count is sudden which may result uncontrolled bleeding resulting life threatening condition i.e Shock or Organ failure.
Treatment for Low Platelet: When the platelet count comes down comes down 10,000-20,000 then transfusion of Platelets is required or some sort of bleeding present in nose, gum & skin is present. Otherwise take Natural food which increases the low platelet count.
10 Foods That Increase Low Platelet Count:
1. Anar (Pomegranate): It is rich in iron and also contains vitamins. This fruit help to combact increasing platelet reduction with regular consumption & vitamins keep your energy levels steady.
2. Milk : It it has high calcium which helps to regenerate the platelet. Calcium content with vitamin K and milk protein “Fibrinogen” increases the Platelet count and improves the blood;s ability to form the clot. Calcium Deficiency can lead to your body much longer time in forming clot .
3. Folate Rich Food : Folate or B9 is essential for healthy cell division in the body. Sever deficiency of folate in body can result reduction in Blood Platelet. Daily intake of Folate is 400mg is required. When platelet count is low it’s consumption increases the platelet count. Food rich in Folate are Asparagus, Orange juice,Spinach and fortified cereals.
4. Lean Proteins: Lean proteins food are excellent source of Zinc and Vitamin 12 which are essential to reverse the effects of thrombocytopenia. In case of reduced platelet count take food like soyabean, spinach (Palak), blackbeans, cow’s milk, white of egg, Oatmeal, Fish and white meat chicken.
5. Papaya: Extract of leaf of papaya is excellent for overall blood production and increases the platelet count (Prepare extract of leaves by boiling leaves in medium heat for 15 minutes with water and wait till the water simms down to half ). Take leaf extract 2tsf twice daily.
6. Cod Liver Oil and Flax Seed Oil: These oils strengthen the Immune system many autoimmune disorders are cause of thrombocytopenia or low platelet count. These oils reduce the inflammation of in the body and improve the blood circulation throughout the body.
7. Vitamin A Rich Food: Vitamin A is essential for healthy platelet production, it also plays role in formation of Protein in body which helps in the process of cell division and growth. Carrot, Pumpkin, Kale and Sweet Potatoes (Sakarkandi).
8. Chlorophyll from Wheat grass: Wheat grass juice contains 70% of chlorophyll (The Plant Haemoglobin) have strong effect in overall blood production and increases the platelet count. Take ½ cup per day.
9. Vitamin K Rich Food: Vitamin K keeps cell growth at optimum level in the body. Life of platelets is only 10 days which is to be compensated continually to maintain te lost amount in the body, hence high calorie food for ideal production of blood platelets and vitamin K is one of the ingredient available in Eggs, Green leafy vegetables, Kale, Frozen Spinach, Mustard Greens Broccoli & Liver.
10. Macrobiotic Diet: To combat Thrombocytopenia in patients an vital anti inflammatory diet is recommended by Platelet Disorder Association which help in optimum blood production e.g. Whole grains, vegetables and organic beans is recommended while animal protein is to be avoided except Fish Yogurt & cheese.