Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neelum Sehgal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neelum SehgalYour feedback matters!
Month ago, she is not able to smell and taste things most of the time. Liquid paraffin and a nasal spray is using apart from cleaning of water, other wise she is fine. How much time it takes to get back smelling sensation?
I have irregular period. During my period time I only have some red spots bt no flow. It is going on for 6 months. I have pain in the back and in the middle of my chest too. It is also followed by nausea fatigue and appetite. I have thyroid.
Donor egg IVF is used by more than 70 percent of infertile women above 45 years to conceive. More than 8,000 babies are born in the US to women of all age groups by this method of Assistive Reproductive Technologies (ART). This kind of fertility treatment will become even more popular, in the days to come, because of advances in the egg-freezing technology.
What are donor eggs
Donor eggs are eggs given by a healthy, fertile woman to an infertile woman for in-vitro fertilisation or IVF.
How does the Donor Egg IVF program work?
Before you start this course of treatment, you must consult your doctor regarding its feasibility and effect on your health. Typically, the process has the following steps;
- After a donor has been identified, the infertile woman (referred to as ‘you’) and the donor are given medication so that the menstrual cycles of both are synchronised. You are also given medication so that your endometrium lining is ready for womb transfer.
- After their donation, the eggs are fertilised using the In Vitro Fertilization technique.
- Since the donor is under 35, not more than three embryos are transferred from her to your womb.
- Embryos are formed after fertilising donor egg with partner sperm.
In some cases, the embryos may be transferred after they have been fertilised. This line of treatment is undertaken to reduce the stress of this treatment on you.
In cases of men, the following procedures are followed;
- Unless the sperm belongs to another man, your partner will be required to give a sample of his sperm to check sperm quality.
- The partner must give another sample on the day the eggs are collected.
- In the next stage, the eggs and sperm are mixed together and in vitro fertilised.
Chances of success in Donor Egg IVF program
The chances of you conceiving through this program are 60-70%. This strike rate is significantly higher than a conventional IVF line of treatment.
How to start with Donor Egg IVF program?
- Finding an egg donor is not that difficult these days. You can find a donor through a fertility clinic, an egg bank, an egg donation agency, a family member or a close family friend. Donors coming from a frozen egg bank are usually screened for health and other reasons. Most donors are in the age group of 21-35 years.
- Make it legal i.e while getting donors is easy, the tricky part is to comply with the various legal issues. Consult your spouse, doctor and your attorney before taking this step.
- Get counselling i.e. you need expert counselling before you conceive because, let us face it, your baby is not your biological offspring. You and your spouse need to be adequately psychologically prepared for this important development in the family.
What does 12 days bleeding mean? Is this mean I'm pregnant I had unwanted 72 with in 24 hr how can I be pregnant. Does 12 days mean I'm pregnant?
I am 22 year old girl. I am having a cut in my breast nipple and have noticed 4 days before and it also cause little pain. What should I do? What is the reason behind this? Is it a serious problem?
Diabetes is basically a disorder of the metabolism causing excessive thirst and the production of large amounts of urine. To further elaborate one need to understand the role of insulin in the body. While eating, the body turns food into sugar or glucose. At that time pancreas is supposed to produce the right amount of insulin to move the glucose from our blood into our cells. In diabetics, the pancreas either produces little or no insulin, or the body cells do not respond to the insulin that is produced. Due to this, glucose levels rise in the blood, floods into the urine and passes out of the body, making the body lose its main source of fuel. Diabetes is of many types, but the most common is Type 1 and Type 2.
How to treat Diabetes:
Controlling blood sugar level is the major goal of diabetes treatment, in order to prevent complications of the disease. Treatment may be in Allopathy or Homeopathy, conventional medicine often uses insulin itself in the treatment of diabetes. Since this is kind of replacement, so diabetes becomes a life-long disease. Homeopathy can be used effectively in the treatment. Let’s see how diabetes can be worked with Homeopathy.
Diabetes & Homeopathy
In homeopathy, the main focus is on functioning of the pancreas in efficient insulin production. There are specific medicines which are used effectively in the treatment of all the stages of the diseases.
Homeopathic treatment can help improve the general health of a person with diabetes:
If a person with diabetes is in good health, his or her insulin requirements will be steady and the blood glucose well controlled at the same time.
If the general health is poor, it can be very difficult to achieve good control.
Homeopaths resort to different approaches towards diabetes Management of Blood Sugar. First is when the blood sugar level is very high, the priority is to control it and there are homeopathic remedies that could reduce the sugar. The commonly used remedies are Uranium Nitricum, Phosphoric Acid etc. These are classical homeopathic remedies.
Depending on the level of the blood sugar and the requirement of the patient, doses are given with doctor’s consultation. It’s a holistic approach in medicine. This treats the patient taking into consideration the mental, emotional and physical peculiarities of the person who is affected with this state. In this, it is considered that the disease is a mere deviation in life force and hence all the efforts are to correct this disorder. The treatment will be to bring into balance the various systems involved in diabetes, for example, pancreas, hormones, and your immune system. Treatment will again be different if you have other ailments along with diabetes.
Homeopathy regards health as a state of balancing the equilibrium of the life force. Whatever treatment is taken it’s always advisable to be in regular touch with the doctor and keep sharing the health status with the doctor.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.
Maintaining the ideal body weight throughout life is vital, since being either overweight or underweight can lead to an array of health issues. Obesity is the condition where a person weighs considerably more than their ideal body weight. Millions of people across India are obese and poor diet and lifestyle choices are to be blamed for the same. The absence of any regular physical activity is another factor responsible for obesity.
Here is a look at some of the most common causes of obesity along with a few of its symptoms.
Causes of Obesity
Obesity is caused when extra energy, in the form of calories, remain in the body. This energy gets deposited in the body in the form of fats. Often people who consume more calories than they require in a day and those who do not work out regularly are at a greater risk of suffering from obesity.
In fact, the two major points of concern include the activity level of the patient and the diet that he/she maintains. A person looking to prevent obesity or weight gain needs to incorporate only two things into his routine. These include-
- Activity- If you are involved in a sedentary job and do not get much opportunity to get up and stretch your legs throughout the day, ensure that you exercise regularly. This may include simple free-hand exercises or a workout session at the gym. When you sweat it out, your body burns the excess calories.
- Diet- Consuming fresh fruits and vegetables can bolster the immune system and provide the body with the needed fibre content. However, snacking on fast foods and sweets does the opposite.
Symptoms of Obesity
Obesity is a state of the body determined on the basis of body weight. Obese people do not suffer directly due to their weight. However, after staying obese for a long period of time, the body may start to develop other related conditions, such as diabetes and heart ailments. Obesity may also be linked to certain psychological disorders, such as depression and anxiety.
Role of Homeopathy Against Obesity
Homeopathy is a dependable form of treatment against obesity. Clinical research indicates that certain homeopathic remedies for overweight individuals act as fat burners in the body. They act by enhancing the metabolic rate of the body. This not only increases the rate at which fat is burned, but also improves digestion. Homeopathy looks to rectify the underlying problem, rather than cure the symptoms alone. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!