Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Neelum Sehgal

Gynaecologist, New Delhi

Dr. Neelum Sehgal Gynaecologist, New Delhi
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

Our team includes experienced and caring professionals who share the belief that our care should be comprehensive and courteous - responding fully to your individual needs and preferences....more
Our team includes experienced and caring professionals who share the belief that our care should be comprehensive and courteous - responding fully to your individual needs and preferences.
More about Dr. Neelum Sehgal
Dr. Neelum Sehgal is a trusted Gynaecologist in Vasant Vihar, Delhi. She is currently associated with Dr Neelum Sehgal's Clinic in Vasant Vihar, Delhi. Don’t wait in a queue, book an instant appointment online with Dr. Neelum Sehgal on has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Neelum Sehgal

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I'm ambika, 29 years old. I'm having pcod since 4 years. My weight was increased by 30 kgs, since 3 years. Alteady i'm having 2 children. What can I do to reduce my weight & to got relief from pcod?

Ph.D - Ayurveda, FFAM-Post Graduate Fellowship, MD - Ayurveda
Ayurveda, Delhi
1-rajpravartani vati 250 mg one tablet twice in a day with water 2-arogyavardhini vati tablet 250 mg daily one in morning 2- ashokarishta 15 ml twice with water after food 3- amla powder 6 gm at bed time with warm water report after one month, may require some change in medicine.
1 person found this helpful

My question is if I have unprotected sex and he comes inside and the same day I start birth control is there any chance I could be pregnant? And it was a Sunday at a regular cycle.

Sexologist, Ahmedabad
Hello It depends upon your periods date. During mid cycle, you can get ovulation and can become pregnant.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 27 year of age n is married since last 3 years I have suffering from sleeplessness from last 6 months. I have gone through ovarian cyst surgery last year but still suffering from pain. They have removed my tubes n left Ovry.

MBBS, MS - Obstetrics & Gynecology, Fellowship in Infertility (IVF Specialist)
Gynaecologist, Aurangabad
Hi lybrate-user, please share details of surgery it will be better if you share video so that cause for pain can be understood. Since you are Young please also check for ovarian reserve as you could have problem in conceiving due to low ovarian reserve.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 30 years unmarried girl, PCOD sufferer kindly suggest me what should i do as i have gained 15 kg weight.

General Physician, Nashik
Start tab metformin 250 mg bid.And consult further for diet and exercise regime. Thanks, Dr surbhi agrawal consultant diabetologist
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi Doctor. I'm going through a very stressful time and the last thing I need is my period. I'm on yaz and my withdrawal bleed started today. I was wondering, can I still skip my withdrawal bleed by going on with the active tablets without doing major harm to my body?

DNB (Obstetrics and Gynecology), DGO, MBBS
Gynaecologist, Hyderabad
Hi Idaelly if your withdrawl bleeding is already started than you should not stop it,, beacuse it will change hormonal balance in your body. there is a possibilty of 1-2 irregular cycle after that if you continue taking tablets Thanks
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir my period starts and stop then again starts and stop. Is this pregnancy problem.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Panchkula
No, this could be hormonal imbalance, infection, etc. Go for the proper check up like blood tests and ultrasound.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I had sex yesterday with protection but I don't want to take any chances so could I get a gynaecologist prescribed medicine to avoid pregnancy.

Gynaecologist, Faridabad
u can take pill 72 but it shd not be a reg practice if u are sexually active and regular u shd use reg contraceptive
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi doctor, I am 23 years old & I skipped my period. I used to get regular periods. My period was on 28th April (28 days) now its may 4 (34 days). We had an intercourse. Getting symptoms as abdominal pain, too much hungry, hair fall, pimples. Am I pregnant? Please help me.

DHMS (Hons.)
Homeopath, Patna
Hello, symptoms felt has no concern with pregnancy, need home pregnancy test to confirm the exact condition, please, moreover,  Tk, plenty of water to hydrate yourself ,to eliminate toxins diluting your blood to establish your flow.  * go for meditation to reduce your stress, anxiety to calm your nerve ,improving haemoglobin level. * your diet be simple, non- irritant, easily digestible on time to avoid gastritis  •TK, Apple,carrots, cheese,milk, banana,papaya, pomegranate, spinach, to improve your haemoglobin to release your flow, timely. • Tk, Homoeo medicine, being gentle, rapid & safe in administration. @ Pulsatilla 30-6 pills, thrice. @ Sepia200 -6 pills at bed time. * Ensure, sound sleep in d night for at least 7 hrs. •Avoid, caffiene,junkfood, dust,smoke, exertion •Your feedback will highly b appreciated for further, follow up.•Tk, care,
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Significance of Sexual Health and Mental Health

MS sexuality, M.Phil Clinical Psychology, PhD (behaviour modification), Certified in Treatment of Resistant Depression
Sexologist, Hyderabad
Significance of Sexual Health and Mental Health

Does a struggle with mental illness mean losing one’s cherished sexuality? No, it certainly doesn’t. But many people struggle far more than necessary because they don’t have the information and support they need to address the challenges that can arise around sex and mental well-being.

Sex is a matter of mind

We often think of sex as something our bodies are doing, but a lot of our sex life takes place in our brains. It’s important to realize that, for all genders, our thoughts and feelings play a vital role in getting us turned on and keeping us that way.

Anxiety or depression can strongly affect arousal and can definitely ruin the mood sometimes. Anxiety and other related mental health struggles can make it hard to be relaxed enough to have or enjoy sex, overshadowing it with a host of worries or intrusive distractions. When we are very unwell and struggling just to function, sex is rarely at the top of our mind.

The struggle with mental illness in a variety of forms can hurt a person’s self-esteem and make them feel unworthy of sexual attention. For example, a person may have an unrealistic view of their own body and may actively seek to deny or discipline the body as a way of coping. In these cases, it’s important to be critical of the beauty norms we are shown by the media, step away from the practice of measuring or defining ourselves, and to seek to rediscover our love and appreciation for our bodies and our sexual selves.

Substance use may put limitations or restrictions upon one’s sexual interest. Some drugs can affect your brain in ways that make you less able to feel pleasure from sex for periods of time after their use.

Substance use can be a problem when it leads to sexual behaviours one may not feel proud of. Under the influence of drugs, you may do things that you regret, such as having sex with someone you wouldn’t have while sober, or doing things you normally might be uncomfortable with; such as being filmed or photographed during sex, or having sex in public spaces. These personal-boundary transgressions can lead to shame and loss of self-esteem and cause conflict in relationships.

Additionally, addiction or mental health problems like mania may be associated with intentionally seeking risky situations such as having unprotected sex with strangers or seeking ever escalating levels of violence, humiliation, and bodily harm (both in real life and in the pornography one is consuming). This can impact a person’s ability to find interest in having sex with their steady partner, because the sought-after thrill or risk is no longer present.

When you become an ally to your partner and deepen your communication, your sex life is certain to benefit. Great sex is often based on great connection, and by working on your communication you are nurturing that connection.

we are all entitled to knowledge about our sexuality and that good scientific knowledge about sex is necessary for us to be able to make informed sexual choices. By educating ourselves, whether we are young or old, we can make sex better for everyone.

We all have a right to enjoy and appreciate our sexuality. Do your best to not let mental illness steal that away from you and the ones you love!

7 people found this helpful

Hello sir, I am 25 years old married and I am having 1.5 years baby girl. I am working women and I was not able to give her milk feeding on time only at night I was giving and after 6 months my daughter refused to dring and somedays after my milk has already stoped to come. But now my breast are loose and big with sized. Please suggest what to do?

Advanced Aesthetics
Ayurveda, Gulbarga
A regular exercise regimen will help you lose fat throughout your body, including your breasts. Certain cardiovascular and strength-training exercises target fat in the chest and upper body. ? Focus on low-impact cardio workouts since most women who have very large breasts simply cannot do high-impact exercises like jogging or running. Do low-impact cardio exercises on equipment like a stationary bike, treadmill or elliptical trainer for 45 minutes, at least 5 days a week. ? Also, perform specific strength-training exercises to help tighten up the chest muscles and reduce breast size. Examples of these exercises include classic pushup and dumbbell bench press. Do these exercises with high repetitions between 8 to 12 reps in 2 or 3 sets, a few times a week. Note: When exercising, always wear a well-fitted sports bra to prevent sagging breasts. for treatment and creams and oils ask privately
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I recently had a vaginal infection in the month of June my gyneac has prescribed clingen forte for vaginal insertion for 6 days In the month of August I had unprotected sex with my husband I have noticed he developed small pimples later it disappeared in a day But it made me apprehensive that my infection was not cured, I kindly request you to prescribe a proper course to cure the infection. I had delivered a baby 7 months ago and has gallbladder removAl 4 months ago.

MBBS, MS - Obstetrics & Gynecology, Fellowship in Infertility (IVF Specialist)
Gynaecologist, Aurangabad
Hi lybrate-user it would be better if you visit gynaecologist for internal examination to rule out infection and if it is type of the infection. You may need complete treatment.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello, My question is me and my boyfriend had an oral sex during that time he touched my vagina with his penis but it was all dry and he didn't come in. After like regular menstruation I had my cycle. Then I have got another one in the in the next month. On the third month I have got another menstruation but it did only last for two days where as my cycle is for five days. I'm confused, is that a sign of pregnancy or its just normal. Please let me know. Thanks!

MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology, MBBS
Gynaecologist, Kolkata
If you have not had sexual relation after the last normal period, then this may be a chance occurrence. But if you are unsure about that and the normal period gets delayed by over a week, do a urine test for pregnancy.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Myself 57 yr. Lady. Sometimes bloody discharge appears from my breast. Is it any symptom of some disease?

Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, MBBS
General Physician, Delhi
Get yourself checked at nearest cancer centre to get path test of drop and mammography and other tests as advised.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 32 mother of 11 years baby boy, I hope I am pregnant but I do not want this pregnancy kindly guide me abortion rules?

MD - Alternate Medicine, BHMS
Homeopath, Surat
An abortion is permitted in the following cases: 1. A woman has a serious disease and the pregnancy could endanger her life 2. A woman’s physical or mental health is endangered by the pregnancy 3. The foetus has a substantial risk of physical or mental handicap 4. A woman contracts rubella (German measles) during the first three months of pregnancy 5. Any of a woman’s previous children had congenital abnormalities 6. The foetus is suffering from RH disease 7. The foetus has been exposed to irradiation 8. The pregnancy is the result of rape 9. A woman’s socio-economic status may hamper a healthy pregnancy 10. A contraceptive device failed
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir/Madam My periods date goes delay. Upto 15 days. And i already checked my prgncy tst . Result was ngtv. Bt i am worry about it please help me

Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (B.U.M.S), C.G.O
Gynaecologist, Mumbai
As per test you are not pregnant as of now, have your meals on time, you can have medication to get periods
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am unmarried and I have cut in nipple in future can I feed a baby. please advice.

DGO, MD, MRCOG, CCST, Accredation in Colposcopy
Gynaecologist, Kolkata
It is best to withhold temporarily from the affected breast as it will be painful . Express the milk though to prevent congestion. You can use a nipple shield and apply lanolin based ointment like boroline to allow it to heal
8 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

After 13yrs of marriage we got a baby. Now she is 18 months old and I am 39 yrs. Old. I need one more. Suggest me what to do and I am having sugar and it is in control.

Sexologist, Panchkula
You should wait for at least 3 years after the first birth as mother need time to nourish the second baby.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My girlfriend took contraceptive at 5 p.m and had iron tablets at 10 p.m .will it occur any problem regarding pregnancy?

MBBS, MS - Obstetrics & Gynecology, Fellowship in Infertility (IVF Specialist)
Gynaecologist, Aurangabad
hi Raunak, contraceptive pills has to be taken at fixed time daily. their is no interaction with iron don't worry.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed