Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neelum Sehgal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neelum SehgalYour feedback matters!
I am 23 weeks pregnant. For past 3 days, I experience pain and pull on my right while peeing. Peeing has become very difficult. The pain is right above the pelvic bone. Towards the right. I had got my urine tested for infection only a week ago. The reports were normal. Is the pain and pull normal?
I am 30 years old and have one son of 7 years and my husband wanted second child and I was not ready. I also have lower back pain problem that I have consulted with physician and certain exercises are asked to follow. I am a teacher and confused of second babies responsibility with all other responsibilities and I have a joint family so will this decision of second child be right or not and is it safe for my body as I have lower back pain.
Hi Doctor, 31 years female with hypothyroid, taking 75 mcg dosage daily. I usually get my periods on 32 day of the cycle regular from past 6 months but since Jan 2016 I have not got my periods at all, My last period was on Dec 26. I have visited a doctor personally yesterday, We took a urine test that came negative, She has prescribed duphaston for 5 days for withdrawal of periods and asked me to come for follicular scan on day 8. My questions are: 1) Until now not gotten my period - what if I do not get my periods, what does it signify? Very worried about it as planning to conceive. But there are no pregnancy symptoms in me. 2) Once I get my periods I need to go for follicular scan. Is the procedure painful and the cost of the same. 3) After all this how soon can I conceive. Please advice doctor.
Heavy menstrual flow also known as Menorrhagia is one of the most common form of abdominal bleeding from uterus. Everyone has different periods, some might not even notice that time of the month, while others might suffer from heavy bleeding, feeling miserable and a constant worry of leaks and stains leading to embarrassing situations. Periods are considered to be heavy if a pad or tampon is soaked in blood every hour.
Other symptoms of heavy bleeding could be:
- Passing of large clots
- Bleeding at night which requires to get up to change a pad
- Any period that lasts for more than seven days
The causes of heavy bleeding during periods might be due to fibroids (noncancerous tumors of the uterus),
ectopic pregnancy, cervical cancer, pelvic inflammatory disease, use or blood thinners and problems with intrauterine device.
If you are one of those women who suffer from heavy menstrual flow and are quite hassled by the same then worry not here are some tips to deal the your problem.
- Keep a track of the periods as in when they start and the days with heavy bleeding. This helps you to track your next period and prepare yourself well for the same
- Low iron levels can cause heavy bleeding, thus maintaining the iron levels is a good idea
- Eating green leafy vegetables and taking multivitamins helps to maintain the iron levels
- Eat fruit and food with starch to maintain a good sugar level
- Hydrate yourself as it makes you feel less grumpy and miserable
- In case of severe cramps take some pain relievers like aspirin and ibuprofen. Even a hot water bottle is a great way to chase the blues and the cramps
- Get some sleep as one feels tired before the period and the days of the period. Listen to your body and don't push yourselves. Use extra protection in case you are worried about leakage
- Try using a menstrual cup as they have greater capacity as compared to tampons or pads. Also, one does not need to carry any supplies for the day
- Don't feel shy or embarrassed to talk about your condition
- You might need professional help and want to consult a doctor. Keeping a track of your period is good as doctors usually ask for the duration of the period and how heavy were they.
If you do not feel better with these tips a meeting with the doctor can predict the cause of the heavy flow and accordingly a medical treatment can be planned.
Medication for heavy bleeding might include any one or more of the following:
- Use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen
- Hormone Therapy for stabilizing the endometrium
- Tranexamic acid to promote blood clotting
- Dilation and curettage that is scraping of the uterus is done
- Hysteroscopy is where a long scope is inserted in the vagina and the lining of the uterus which causes bleeding is removed
- Endometrial resection is where the lining of the uterus is destroyed or removed and also makes it impossible to have babies after this
- Hysterectomy - This procedure is the surgical removal of cervix and uterus (If this procedure is done then it is impossible to make babies after this)
Following these simple tips is sure to control your bleeding, but if you still face issues and problems then consult a doctor.
She suffering from irregularities in monthly periods. From last 6 years. In that period of time she takes ayurvedic medicine for cure the problem. And it works but from last year she again suffered such problem. What would be reason?
Hi Dr. I am 43 years with one child one year before I got heavy bleeding nonstop at leat for one month which is not stop by traxilate then Dr. advice me to take 6 month overall l course bleeding stop Then two month I discontinue and I was OK abt two months next two month I was delayed by 20 days thickness wad 11 mm Dr. give me meprate and one month course again. Next month again delayed by 20 days I done lsh fsh tsh which was normal so Dr. advice me do to dnc. Then I go to another Dr. she listen the whole story and advice me to do amh which show results 0.46.then should told me y you in menopause I am still confused which Dr. is right pls explain.
I had sex sex on 20th march, 3 4 days back of my cycle. Still now didn't get my period. Can I go for pregnancy test now? Will it give the correct result now 27th?
Before one week of my period. My right breast is discharging thin density white colored discharge if pressed. I'm not pregnant but take thyroid medicine. This happened 1st time. What should I do?
I am 24 year old and I try to baby last 3 year and I have only one ovary and swollen in right tube and go with ivf and tack folisurge 300 injection one time then my husband diced no ivf and my period date is 13may and yet I dnt get mc and I check baby test and nothing my question is its side eficet of this injection.
Hello. Basically my boyfriend had like this small red raised bump on his actual lip. So I did not kiss him for a few days in case it was a cold sore. Then yesterday I noticed it had developed a tiny whitehead so I thought it would be ok to kiss him again since it did not look like a coldsore. But im just a but worried because I do not want to catch anything and (TMI) im going to his today and he wants to go down on me but I do not want to in case it is a cold sore. Eventhough it has a white head on it. I did not want to tell him to pop it in case it made it worse. Any info would be useful Thank you.
: Is it possible to get pregnant without penetrative sex? I had my periods on 30th aug. I and my boyfriend went on a trip on 8th sept. On 9th we didn't have intercourse but we did a little bit of genital rubbing and fingering. I doubt a clear liquid also know as pre-cum came out while rubbing and then he fingered me. I am confused. Is there any chance of getting pregnant from this way. He did not ejaculate near or on my vagina. Only a bit of pre-cum was there. He fingered me after genital rubbing is there any chance that something could have gone inside by the medium of his finger. My menstrual cycle is of 32-35 days. I am confused and stressed. This was my 1st and last time. Please help me doc. Do you think there are any chances.
After period having pain and feeling like discharging something but there is no blood at all? What to do?
Water can improve and prevent many conditions in your health. Water can boost your metabolism by in 30 percent in healthy men and women. A study showed that the boost happens within 10 minutes but reached a maximum 30-40 minutes after drinking.
Water can protect your heart. A study was done for six years and it was found that people who drank more than five glasses of water a day were 41 percent less likely to die from a heart attack during the study period than those who drank less than two glasses.
Water may be reduce your risk for certain cancers. Research shows that staying hydrated can reduce risk of colon cancer by 45 percent, bladder cancer by 50 percent, and possibly reduce breast cancer risk, too.
Water prevents migraine headaches. In a study there were two groups of migraine sufferers: one took a placebo and the others were told to drink 1.5 liters of water in addition to their usual daily intake. At the end of two weeks, the water group had experienced 21 fewer hours of pain than those in the placebo group, as well as a decrease in pain intensity.
Water can improve brainpower. The brain needs a lot of oxygen to function at optimum levels, so drinking plenty of water ensures that it?s getting all it needs. Drinking eight to 10 cups of water per day can improve your levels of cognitive performance by as much as 30 percent.
Sheelajit is a miracle medicine of ancient times used for rejuvenation, fertility, increasing the vitality of various organs of the body. It is effective in geriatric problems and for sustained energy and vigor in life!
Hi, Is it safe in 9th month of pregnancy to take Omnix-O for urine infection please tell. Doctor told me to take. Is it safe?
Nothing is more disappointing than a failed attempt to lose weight and the constant struggle to shed the flab. Sometimes, best results can be achieved by making simple changes to your lifestyle, including your eating habits without being emotionally and physically stressed. If you have to lose weight, you might as well enjoy the process and do it in a healthier way. Following are ayurvedic tips for a healthier and systematic weight loss:
1. Hot water
Hot water combined with lemon juice and ginger or herbal teas acts as a natural detox. Sip on hot water throughout the day to cleanse your entire internal system from impurities and blockages. It helps to improve digestion and staves off hunger in between meals. It is one of the easiest ways to lose weight and stay healthy at the same time. It is advisable to drink boiled water as it is considered to be more effective than hot water.
2. Eat warm and cooked foods for lunch
Your lunch should consist of warm and cooked foods as they are easily digestible and provide the right amount of nutrients for your body. You can include a variety of cooked food in your lunch because the body metabolism gets adequate time to process the food. Eating cold food has a reverse effect on your body as they lead to weight gain. Avoid a diet consisting of only carbohydrates and proteins as they do not nourish your body but simply make you crave for food in between meals. Instead go for green vegetable and lean protein.
3. Light evening meal
The body metabolism and digestion slows down as you reach the end of the day so it's recommended to have light evening meals. Heavy meals in the evening are often poorly digested and accumulate as excess fat. All your efforts of weight maintenance throughout the day goes in vain if you eat a meal of processed foods or foods rich in refined carbohydrates. It is recommended to eat a vegetarian meal or a meal consisting of complex grains like brown rice. Avoid binging on leftovers and high calorie desserts.
It goes without saying that exercise is a key to a healthy mind and body. Do away with a sedentary lifestyle as that is one of the primary causes of weight gain. If you don't have time to workout it will help even if you take a walk daily. Exercise will not only help you to lose the extra kilos but will keep your energy up and increase your body's metabolism. It also improves bone and muscle health.
All of us lead extremely busy lives and amidst all this chaos, we tend to indulge in certain detrimental habits which drastically drain our physical and mental energy levels. So if you are constantly feeling down-and-out, make sure to steer clear from these seven troublesome habits.
1) Not drinking enough water - Loss of water is closely associated with thickening of blood which greatly decreases the rate of oxygen exchange, ultimately leading to low energy levels.
2) Using electronic devices at bedtime - According to research, exposure to any light-emitting technology at bedtime has an adverse effect on your sleep pattern and does not give adequate rest to the brain.
3) Iron-deficient diet - If your body lacks adequate amount of iron, you are bound to experience weakness, lack of concentration, sluggishness and mood variations. Make sure to include iron-rich products in your diet such as green leafy vegetables, eggs, red meat etc.
4) Entertaining negative thoughts - People who constantly focus on the negative aspects of life have been found to have lower energy levels than the ones with a positive outlook. Prolonged negative thinking can also spark early dementia.
5) Skipping breakfast - Breakfast is certainly the most important meal of the day. Your body burns calories even when you are sleeping and thus after you wake up from a long night’s sleep, it is the right time to refuel your body and fill it up with nutrients for the entire day. Therefore, do not miss your breakfast at any cost.
6) Excessive consumption of junk food - Regular consumption of food products rich in trans fats, refined sugar and starchy carbohydrates leads to a sudden rise in blood sugar which is followed by a sugar crash, eventually leading to extreme fatigue.
7) Living in a cluttered environment - Research has proved that working in a cluttered environment leads to reduced functioning of the brain and poor concentration. It is also known to hamper the information processing capability of the brain, leading to a feeling of lethargy and sluggishness.
If you have any further questions, ask me by clicking on 'consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media