Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neelu Chugh
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Neelu ChughYour feedback matters!
I have holes and pinched marks on my face so can I use derma roller to resurface. So is there any side effects? Then is there any alternative!
I am 32 years old . I am suffering from skin allergy from last 2 years, even I consulted skin specialist doctors. But it will never comes under control. After that I have taken one year homeopathic treatment. It also does not effected me. Still now am suffering. Please give me a solution.
Hii When I was in my childhood I was fairer but once my face got burned due to firecrackers. When I reached 9th I realized that due to that incident my face looks bad as somewhere it was bright and somewhere it was dark. So I started using melamet night cream on my friends guidance but before using that cream I also bleached my face once using oxylife men. But melamet made my skin fairer. In summer later my skin Angeles became black more than before. So I rebleached which made it yellowish brown oily. So I restarted using the melamet cream for 3 4 months and got a brighter skin. But now its turning back dark and my doing still has many dark spots and some where it's bright and somewhere it's dark. So I am thinking of reusing melamet cream so should I proceed or theres any credit better than this one. Also when I go for a haircut in Walloon if the barber swipes some hair near my ears using blade the skin there becomes fairer and he always says me to make a swipe of blade using on your face and you would look fairer. So what should I do please help me. Thank you.
I am using acne star since 1 week but before that I used aloe vera gel every night before sleep. But I stopped that and started using acne star at the night before sleep. Can you suggest me what to use and what to stop.
How can I improve my face skin texture, it is so much oily, and instantly losses its fairness, and how can I make it pimple free, and remove the pimple marks.
I have black spots as bell as pimple on my back. I try lost of cream bit Nothing change. What should I do.
I am having a black spots on my face and pimples also so much and my skin also so much sensitive so plzz suggest me wat I can do?
Mine Brother is only 14 years Old and his hair color was going White I have Tried all Ayurvedic & Homeopathic but nothing worked.
A common skin condition which causes the discoloration of your skin in patches across the face, melasma is more of a social embarrassment and cause for distress rather than being a serious condition. Although it affects men as well, studies have shown that over 90 percent of patients are women. It is also known as the mask of pregnancy as many pregnant women develop this skin condition.
Causes of Melasma
Primary causes of melasma have been attributed to various hormonal changes within the body. Let's look at some of the factors that may cause this disorder:
- Pregnancy - This is often attributed as the leading cause of melasma, the primary cause has often been attributed to hormonal changes that a woman may experience due to pregnancy.
- Treatments that may change hormonal balance - Women on contraceptive pills or who have implants such as intrauterine devices may also develop this disorder. This is due to the balance of estrogen and progesterone being changed within the body.
- Sun exposure - Continued sun exposure may also lead to melasma. This is due to the activation of melanocytes within the body which start producing more melanin.
- Stress - Long periods of stress on the body can also trigger hormonal changes and cause melasma.
- Thyroid problems - If someone suffers from Hypothyroidism or low levels of the thyroid hormone, it can trigger other hormonal changes and also cause this skin disorder.
It has also been noticed that people with generally a darker skin tone tend to get melasma and it is less common in people with fairer skin.
Certain characteristics of melasma
Melasma develops in certain patterns which can be easily diagnosed either as spots on the skin similar to freckles or brown patches of skin that grow bigger. Some of these patterns are:
- Malar pattern - This grows on the nose and cheeks
- Mandibular pattern - Starts growing around the jaw line
- Brachial melasma - This grows on the upper arms and shoulders
- Lateral cheek pattern - Grows on the cheek on both sides of the face
- Centrofacial pattern - Nose, upper lips, forehead and cheeks
Treatment of Melasma
Most women who develop melasma during pregnancy report that it goes away after childbirth. However certain forms of melasma may appear in non-pregnant women due to hormonal changes. Treating the underlying hormonal changes usually resolves the problem. However certain other methods may be required to resolve the issues such as skin creams, chemical peels, dermabrasion and microdermabrasion. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!