Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Neelima KulshetraYour feedback matters!
Hy I had sex after periods on 8th day than I took I pill before week bt now im getting brown coloured liquid with white discharged liquid not like periods bt when urinate nd clean vagina that point of time I get since last 2 days ANd I gt boils on vagina before I shaved than I guess its nt a major prb ill b in periods.
Doctor ne 9th December ko date diya tha delivery ke liye but November 28 ko delivery ho gaya. Is it possible? Or normal bi hua.
M in running 17 week and no problem accept leg pain. Pl recommend exercises during pregnancy 17 weeks.
Hello, I am 33 weeks pregnant lady, I want to knw abt placenta calcified, is it harmful for unborn baby, today I hv done scan Dr. said you hv calcified placenta grade 3rd. My baby weight is 1.95 kg she suggest me to take drip of amino acids.
Before going in for details of health, disease and cure, few points are to be understood in proper perspective as we are dealing with living system. Every living system is comprised of one or more units - called cell. Every cell contains living substance. The essence of the living substance is that it differs chemically from the surrounding medium and yet maintains a DYNAMIC EQUILIBRIUM (HOMEOSTASIS) with its environment.
Homeostasis occurs in all living cells and in the fluids and organ systems of the multicellular organisms. Referring to mammals, the 19th century French physiologist Claude Bernard coined the expression "constancy of the internal environment is the condition of life. The American physiologist W B Cannon, who first used the word "HOMEOSTASIS" referred to " the system of checks and balances which maintain internal constancy as the wisdom of the body."
HOMEOSTASIS IN HEALTH
Living systems may regulate it's internal constancy despite an altered environment. And such regulation is achieved by hierarchies of controls, checks & balances, alternate mechanisms, negative and positive feedbacks etc as environmental stress is applied.
HEALTH IS EASE MAINTAINED
In other words, when homeostasis is maintained at its optimal best i.e. integral harmonious performance of the vital functions tend to the preservation and normal development of the organism and there are no abnormal sensations and functions, it is termed health.
WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION DEFINES HEALTH as "HEALTH is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity."
HOMEOSTASIS IN DISEASE
Living system may alter a given property with reference to the environment ; the property conforms to the medium and homeostasis consists in cellular adjustments, such that metabolism continues in the altered state. So disease is an altered state of homeostasis and is attended by abnormal sensations and functions in the form of signs and symptoms.
DISEASE IS EASE DISTURBED i.e. DIS – EASE On one extreme, even a single named disease may vary in degree of intensity, frequency and pathology according to relative abnormality of homeostasis; while on other extreme a single individual can suffer from many diseases also. "So health and disease are interconvertible and are two faces of the same coin."
HOMEOSTASIS IN CURE
Cure is reversal of the altered state of the homeostasis to its normal pattern. It is not mere mitigating the signs and symptoms but to reach the optimal best state of homoeostasis i.e. health. As march from health to disease is relative, the restoration of disease to health also occurs in percentages or degrees. HEALTH IS EASE RESTORED!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi, I keep getting one cranker sore after another. Once one heals up, I get another. Its really annoying now because I now just got one cranker sore and am getting a new one starting to come in. Why does this happen? What can I do. Does being iron deficiency anemia and Type 2 diabetes have something to do with this?
Hello doctor I have 3 children 2 boys and 1 girl all of them is by c section after my 3rd c section I had taking birth control pills from last 2 to 3 years Now I'm stop taking it I had stopped that pill from last 9 months now I want to get pregnant but I can't my period is regular my intercourse is also good but I didn't conceive why like this would you please explain. My next thing is I want to conceive twins is it good for me to try so if it is good for me to think about conceive twin pregnancy so you please suggest any medicine to improve the chances.
Hi, I am 2 months pregnant. From the last one week I am facing a lot of indigestion problem. I do not feel any morning sickness or vomiting but the food that I eat the whole day does not gets digested and so I do not feel like eating anything. Is it normal during pregnancy ? Please provide solution. Thanks.
What can be maximum endometrium thickness just prior to menses date? My last menses were on 10th June. On 28th june, I had USG done, which showed 11 mm endometrium thickness. And today that is 6th July, it's 28 mm. My gynaecologist said that it's premenstrual. But still I am worried. I would like a second opinion. I am 24 years old and unmarried.
How do you deal with a one year old child who doesn't want to eat anything other than the mothers milk?
An often painful condition usually involving the bowel, ovaries or the tissue lining the pelvis, endometriosis is characterized by the abnormal growth of the endometrial tissue beyond the premises of your uterus or your pelvic region. The endometrium, in fact, functions perfectly normal with each menstrual cycle, but because of it being displaced, it cannot exit the body and consequently gets trapped.
Besides causing severe pain and distress, endometriosis can also adversely affect fertility. When the ovaries get involved, certain cysts known as endometriomas tend to develop which often result in the formation of scar tissues and adhesions.
Complications associated with it
- Infertility: Impaired fertility is the most common kind of complication arising from endometriosis, with approximately one-third to one-half women having problems with pregnancy. During endometriosis, the fallopian tube gets obstructed, thereby restricting the union of the egg and sperm.
How best to treat it?
Depending on how severe your symptoms are, endometriosis can be treated via the use of medications or through the advent of surgery.
- Pain medications: Certain medications, including pain relievers and anti-inflammatory drugs, are particularly useful in providing relief to painful menstrual cramps.
- Hormone therapy: Undergoing hormonal therapy can help ward off or reduce the pain of endometriosis, but it should be kept in mind that it is only a temporary fix and that symptoms might reoccur. Hormonal therapies include:
- Hormonal contraceptives
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) agonists and antagonists
- Conservative surgery: This can either be done through laparoscopy or, in more extensive cases, through traditional abdominal surgery.
- Assisted reproductive techniques: These include In-vitro fertilization (IVF), and are sometimes more preferable over conservative surgery.
- Hysterectomy: This is usually done in more severe cases of endometriosis whereby ovaries are also removed with uterus and cervix. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I Had Sex And the Home Pregnancy Test Was Negative I Tested 3 Times And Missed My Periods, After 50-55 Days Their Was Something Like Periods That Lasts For 6 Days I'm Not Confirm Tht Those Were Periods Or Something Else Because I Had Bleeding But Not That Much Tht I Used To Have Before.
My periods got over on 4th February and I had unprotected sex with hubby on 11th February will I get pregnant.
Sir I have hormone problem so I loose my hair. Taking ayurvedic medicines for 3 months completed it will cure know permanently pcod. I don't have ovarian cyst only egg not growing so doctor gave medicines for egg grow. My question is I loss my hair so please tell me oil or vitamins tablets. My height 5.3 Weight 6 kg Age 24 6 months it will be cure know doctor now 4th month started so please tell me shatavari will be helping for me and how much months I have to take?
Lasers have come as a boon to treat many medical conditions very safely and effectively. They are absolutely indispensable for permanent hair removal, tattoo removal, freckle removal, skin rejuvenation, treatment of birthmarks and many other internal medical conditions. There is a common misconception that lasers are harmful for your skin and can cause skin cancers. This is far from the truth, since lasers are actually used to treat skin cancers and also help in keeping the skin youthful and rejuvenated.
- Lasers use non-ionising light (like red or green light) and not ionising radiation like x-rays or gamma rays. These spectrums of light do not induce cancer formation.
- Fair skinned races are at much greater risk than skin of color. Melanin in darker skin does not allow harmful UV light in sunlight to penetrate through and the risk of skin cancers in darker skin is therefore small with normal sun exposure. Also, common lasers do not use UV light.
- Laser treatments are administered not in prolonged durations but in pulses much less than a second and parameters in the range of milliseconds and microseconds are most commonly used. Prolonged sun exposure is the most common precipitating factor for skin cancers.
- Laser light does not reach any internal organ. In fact, it requires some expertise even to make laser light reach its target just 1-2 millimeters below the skin. This is because melanin pigment in skin blocks laser light from getting through. An expert dermatologist with sound knowledge of skin optics and laser physics is able to achieve this safely and effectively.
- Laser treatments work on the principle of ''selective photothermolysis'. This means that laser light very specifically destroys only the intended target. Thus, a hair removal laser will destroy only the hair roots while leaving surrounding skin structures unharmed. Similarly, blood vessels in birth marks, collagen in wrinkles or scars, abnormal growths and cancers and individual inks in tattoos can be targeted very specifically with lasers without affecting any other structure.
Edema means swelling caused by fluid in your body's tissues. It usually occurs in the feet, ankles and legs, but it can involve your entire body.
Causes of edema include:
- Eating too much salt
- Heart failure
- Kidney disease
- Liver problems from cirrhosis
- Problems with lymph nodes, especially after mastectomy
- Some medicines
- Standing or walking a lot when the weather is warm
To keep swelling down, your health care provider may recommend keeping your legs raised when sitting, wearing support stockings, limiting how much salt you eat, or taking a medicine called a diuretic - also called a water pill.