Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neelam YadavYour feedback matters!
My baby is 20 days old and she is on breastfeed I have catched cold and cough congestion Kindly suggest me any medicine which is safe to take during breastfeeding.
Hello drs today I got injected with 1dose of decdan b betamethasone sodium phosphate and other tomorrow .i want to ask why it is given me I need a second opinion Dr. jus asked me whether I hd this injection or not she dint told me y it's given me .also she said my baby came very down so may b hvto do d c sec .m running 31 week now is their any prob y I had given this shot?
Sir we had you protected sex on 25/2/2017 and took I pill with in 3 hour and my expected days dates were 28/2/2017 sir but till today I dint get any vaginal bleeding for my days sir is there any chance of pregnancy? Our if yes what should I do to rid from it. Please help worried a lot.
Hello I am 8 weeks pregnant. Two days before I was ill and after blood test mild lever infection was found .I took the medicines from MD doctor that are safe for pregnancy. Now after two days I am feeling better but brown colored fluid is discharged today.Is it normal and safe ?
Hi doctor, I need to ask about fluctuating dates of my period. Last month my date was 21st and this month my period came on 18th. Is that any problem? Should I take any medicine or something?
Is it necessary that to conceive baby I should skip exercise or yoga. So that no disturbance will happen.
I am having Irregular periods , pcod problem got married one and half years no baby still yet.plz help
I am 27 year old woman. I just married 25th Nov. After 1st Dec I do regular sex without condom, four times in a day. It is good or not.
I had intercourse 2 days before my periods. I was waiting for my periods but nothing is happening. Its been 4 days late for my periods. What should I do now? I have heard that when you do intercourse 1-2 days before your periods then it takes time for the periods to come. Is it right? And if my in my urine test it comes positive for pregnancy what should I do? Any medicine you suggest? It been a week when I had intercourse. Please reply asap.
What are the causes for pelvic infection? After how many days will it start spreading? And when it causes infertility. How it can be cured. Please detail me with this.
What if my bf brings his penis near my vagina but I am fully clothes and he is not and ejaculated a little bit can I pregnant in this way?
I have missed my periods from last two months and I have been sexually active but we had safe sex is there any chance of pregnancy? I have been having irregular periods from 7-8 months bt missed fr 2 months for the first time.
I recently had kept my penis inside my girlfriends vagina only for two times , I didn't jerk off . Is there a chance of pregnancy? If there is a chance please tell me how to stop it , it's been 48 hrs we had this.
I smoke a lot. Recently I have been on anti biotic and pain killers too because I met with an accident. I had sex last on 8th April after a period of 8-9 months. My last period came around 18th March and now I've missed my period. I've taken two pregnancy tests and both came negative. What should I do? Please suggest.
Indian traditions are more like the first lessons which are taught by the elders of the house. These traditions are often followed without any doubts and questions. These traditions are not just being followed for the sake of religious rituals, but have deep rooted scientific reasons associated with the same.
Some of the interpretations of these rituals are as follows:
- Namaste: When we greet someone or meet someone for the first time we join both our hands for Namaste. This is done out of sheer respect for the person. Doing Namaste activates the acupuncture points of the fingertips and helps us to remember the person.
- Ushapan: This is the practice of drinking water from a copper utensil. This helps in absorbing the extra heat of the body, thereby, maintaining the body temperature. The water should be kept overnight in the copper pot before drinking. It is believed that drinking water from a copper pot helps in bowel movement, cleaning of the stomach and creating digestive juices.
- Sukhasan: When one sits on the floor with crossed leg is referred to as sukhasan. For having food in this position a person has to bend while eating and has to move up and down while eating. When this happens, the stomach is pushed while bending and the back is straight before taking the next bite. This movement leads to muscular movements thereby, helping to produce digestive juices and aids in swallowing as well.
- Vamakukshi and Shatapawali: Vamakukshi is referred to as the afternoon nap post lunch. Sleeping on the left side helps in the digestion of the food. Though prolonged sleep can make a person lazy, a quick 10 minute nap is recommended as it allows a person to be fresh. Shatapwali means taking 100 steps, to be more appropriate it is the walk after dinner. This helps in the digestion of food as the gas created after consuming food is moved and the pressure in the chest is reduced. The above terms literally explain the famous phrase, "After lunch sleep a while, after dinner walk a mile."
- Ear Piercing: Though ear piercings are looked at as a fashion ornament, but as per the Hindu traditions, these help in decision making, thinking abilities and intellectual development and also to some extent an acupressure point. It is ideal to get a baby"s ear pierced by the 12th day of her birth, as it is believed that getting ears pierced early leads to acquiring the quality of minimal speech.
- Touching Feet of Elders: This is known as one of the best exercises as it aids in blood circulation, helps in stretching and pushing the organs, improves excretion and digestion and strengthens the physique. It is also believed to transfer an aura and positive energy from the person whose feet are being touched.
I am suffering from PCOS. I had my last periods on jan 17 to jan 21. May I know that my body is in which phase of menstrual cycle? Am I going through proliferative phase and I didn't ovulate? My reports say that I have multiple small follicles and endometrium thickness of 11mm.
‘Probiotic’ is one of the most popular word in health food industry today. The health food and grocery stores today are full of options on probiotic food and drinks. The literal meaning of probiotic is ‘for life’. Probiotics in scientific terms are microorganisms who provide enormous health benefits when consumed. In normal terms, they are friendly bacteria needed for our body to maintain a healthy gut.
Yogurt is one such super healthy food made by adding friendly bacteria to the milk. Doctors recommend eating a bowl of yogurt (400 gms) every day. Being a dairy product, Yogurt is not only packed with Calcium and Protein, it is also a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals like vitamin A, B2, B12, Riboflavin, Potassium, Phosphorous and Magnesium.
Let’s now look at some well researched health benefits of yogurt:
Yoghurt is effective in the prevention of Osteoporosis. This calcium rich food serves great benefits when fortified with Vitamin D. Look for yogurt with a boost of vitamin D as consumption of Calcium and vitamin D on a regular basis can aid in the prevention of Osteoporosis.
In cases of gastrointestinal conditions like diarrhea, inflammatory bowel disease and constipation, eating yogurt ensures that our digestive system regains its balance with good bacteria.
Many of us need to consume antibiotics in sickness to eliminate the infection. However, antibiotics not only kill disease causing, but good bacteria as well. Thus, it is very beneficial to consume yogurt especially when on antibiotics to help our body replenish lost nutrients and good bacteria.
Yogurt has now emerged as a beauty ingredient. A lot has been said about yogurt and weight management as well as its skin care benefits. A lot of beauty products now boost of yogurt goodness. Eat Yogurt and apply a yogurt mask for a spotless glowing skin!
Yogurt can leave you feeling full for long as it has high-quality protein. Thus, it can be a great snacking option. These days, yogurt occupy a big place in the food industry. We have many options over the counter from frozen yogurt, sweetened or flavored ones, smoothies to thick Greek yogurts. Though they are all great options to have, it is important to go for trusted brands and read the ingredients before you buy. Nutritionists, however, recommend fresh homemade yogurt over the ready-made ones to reap their maximum benefits.
There are many ways to add variety to your yogurt bowl every day. Whip it up with some fresh fruits; add ground flax seeds or nuts for a boost of Omega-3. Blend it with some natural honey and muesli for a perfect healthy smoothie.
Say cheers to good health with a bowl of yogurt every day! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.