Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neelam TiwaryYour feedback matters!
I hav completed my 9th mnth of pregnancy need to knw that is dere any change in the movements of the baby. Is it fast or is it normal or slow or smtym fast or slow.
My wife have a baby of 2 month 11 day, after birth of baby she has a continue periods as usual after pregnancy, after periods stop of pregnancy she has a periods 1 month but in second month she has no periods so i'm very tensed that is she pregnant, I tested with pregnancy kit 3 times.
महिलाओं और पुरूषो में बांझपन या अनुवंसिक्ता
बांझपन या अनुवंसिक्ता क्या है?
एक वर्ष तक प्रयास करते रहने के बाद अगर गर्भधारण नहीं होता तो उसे बन्ध्यता या अनुर्वरता कहते हैं।
बांझपन, प्रजनन प्रणाली की एक बीमारी है जिसके कारण किसी महिला के गर्भधारण में विकृति आ जाती है। गर्भधारण एक जटिल प्रक्रिया है जो कई बातों पर निर्भर करती है- पुरुष द्वारा स्वस्थ शुक्राणु तथा महिला द्वारा स्वस्थ अंडों का उत्पादन,
अबाधित गर्भ नलिकाएं ताकि शुक्राणु बिना किसी रुकावट के अंडों तक पहुंच सके, मिलने के बाद अंडों को निषेचित करने की शुक्राणु की क्षमता, निषेचित अंडे की महिला के गर्भाशय में स्थापित होने की क्षमता तथा गर्भाशय की स्थिति।
अंत में गर्भ के पूरी अवधि तक जारी रखने के लिए गर्भाशय का स्वस्थ होना और भ्रूण के विकास के लिए महिला के हारमोन का अनुकूल होना जरूरी है। इनमें से किसी एक में विकृति आने का परिणाम बांझपन हो सकता है।
बांझपन क्यों होता है ?
पुरुषों में प्रजनन क्षमता में कमी का सबसे सामान्य कारण शुक्राणु का कम या नहीं होना है। कभी-कभी शुक्राणु का गड़बड़ होना या अंडों तक पहुंचने से पहले ही उसका मर जाना भी एक कारण होता है। महिलाओं में बांझपन का सबसे सामान्य कारण मासिक-चक्र में गड़बड़ी है। इसके अलावा गर्भ-नलिकाओं का बंद होना, गर्भाशय में विकृति या जननांग में गड़बड़ी के कारण भी अक्सर गर्भपात हो सकता है।
क्या अनुर्वरता केवल औरतों के कारण होती है?
नहीं, यह केवल औरत के कारण नहीं होती। केवल एक तिहाई सन्दर्भों में अनुर्वरता औरत के कारण होती है। दूसरे एक तिहाई में पुरूष के कारण होती है। शेष एक तिहाई में औरत और मर्द के मिले जुले कारणों से या अज्ञात कारणों से होती है।
पुरूषों में अनुर्वरता के क्या कारण होते हैं?
पुरूषों में अनुर्वरता के कारण हैं
(1) शुक्राणु बनने की समस्य - बहुत कम शुक्राणू या बिलकुल नहीं।
(2) अण्डे तक पहुंच कर उसे उर्वर बनाने में शुक्राणु की असमर्थता - शुक्राणु की असामान्य आकृति या बनावट उसे सही ढंग से आगे बढ़ पाने में रोकती है।
(3) कई बार पुरूषों में जन्मजात ऐसी समस्या होती है जो कि उनके शुक्राणुओं को प्रभावित करती है।
(4) अन्य सन्दर्भों में किसी बीमारी या चोट के परिणाम स्वरूप समस्या शुरू हो जाती है।
पुरूष में अनुर्वरता का खतरा किन चीज़ों से बढ़ जाता है?
पुरूष के सम्पूर्ण स्वास्थ्य एवं जीवन शैली का प्रभाव शुक्राणुओं की संख्या और गुणवत्ता पर प्रभाव पड़ता है। जिन चीज़ों से शुक्राणुओं की संख्या और गुणवत्ता घटती है उस में शामिल हैं।
- मदिरा एवं ड्रग्स
- वातावरण का विषैलापन जैसे कीटनाशक दवाएं
- सिगरेट पीना
- मम्पस का इतिहास
- विशिष्ट दवाँ।
- कैंसर के कारण रेडिएशन।
औरतों में अनुर्वरता के क्या कारण होते हैं?
औरतों में अनुर्वरता के कारण हैं -
(1) अण्डा देने में कठिनाई
(2) बन्द अण्डवाही ट्यूबें
(3) गर्भाशय की स्थिति की समस्या
(4) युटरीन फाइवरॉयड कहलाने वाले गर्भाशय के लम्पस।
किन चीज़ों से महिला में अनुर्वरकता का खतरा बढ़ जाता है?
बच्चें को जन्म देने में बहुत सी चीजें प्रभाव डाल सकती हैं। इनमें शामिल हैं -
(1) बढ़ती उम्र
(3) पोषण की कमी
(4) अधिक वजन या कम वजन
(7) यौन संक्रमिक रोग
(8) हॉरमोन्स में बदलाव लाने वाली स्वास्थ्य सम्बन्धी समस्याएं।
1. Lowers cholesterol
#papaya is rich in fibre, #vitaminc and antioxidants which prevent cholesterol build up in your arteries. Too much cholesterol build-up can lead to several heart diseases including heart attack and hypertension.
2. Helps in weight loss
Those looking to lose weight must include papaya in their diet as it is very low in #calories. The fibre content in papaya leaves you feeling full and also clears your bowel movement making your weight loss regime easier.
3. Boosts your immunity
Your immunity system acts as a shield against various infections that can make you really sick. A single papaya contains more than 200% of your daily requirement of vitamin c, making it great for your immunity.
4. Good for diabetics
Papaya is an excellent #food option for diabetics as it has a low-sugar content even though it is sweet to taste. Also, people who don't have diabetes can eat papaya to prevent it from happening.
5. Great for your eyes
Papaya is rich in vitamin a which helps protect your vision from degenerating. Nobody wants to lose their ability to see due to diseases like age-related macular degeneration, and eating papayas will ensure that you do not see a day where you cannot see.
6. Protects against arthritis
Arthritis can be a really debilitating disease and people who have it may find their quality of life reduced significantly. Eating papayas are good for your bones as they have anti-inflammatory properties along with vitamin c which helps in keeping various forms of arthritis at bay. A study published in annals of the rheumatic diseases showed that people who consumed foods low in vitamin c were three times more likely to have arthritis than those who didn't.
7. Improves digestion
In today's times, it is nearly impossible to avoid eating foods that are bad for your digestive system. Often we find ourselves eating junk food or restaurant food prepared in excessive quantities of oil. Eating a papaya daily can make up for such occasional mistakes, as it has a digestive enzyme known as papain along with fibre which helps improve your digestive health.
8. Help ease menstrual pain
Women who are experiencing menstrual pain should help themselves to several servings of papaya as an enzyme called papain helps in regulating and easing flow during menstrual periods.
9. Prevents signs of ageing
All of us would love to stay young forever, but no one in this world has managed to do it. Still, healthy habits like eating a papaya daily will prolong the process and may make you look 5 years younger than you are. Papaya is rich in vitamin c, vitamin e and antioxidants like beta-carotene which helps prevent your skin from free radical damage keeping wrinkles and other signs of ageing at bay.
10. Prevents cancer
Papaya is a rich source of antioxidants, phytonutrients and flavonoids that prevent your cells from undergoing free radical damage. Some studies have also linked the consumption papaya to reduced risk of colon and prostate cancer.
11. Help reduce stress
After working hard for the whole day, it is a good idea to come home to a plate papayas. The wonder fruit is rich in several nutrients like vitamin c which can keep you free from stress. According to a study conducted at the university of Alabama, found that 200 mg of vitamin c can help regulate the flow of stress hormones in rats.
Hii i'm 20 year old girl I have abirritate in my sex point. When I was approx 8 year old standing on a cooler stand suddenly my leg slip and I fell my sex strike on it badly I was having pain approx two days. This year on 29th feb I was having my first sex with my partner in first ejaculation he insert with out condom and others with condom bt pain was on the peak blood comes from my sex aftr 5 min my pain stops and I enjoyed I take I pill (for unwanted pregnancy) The day afer sex my pain starts and again I was having sex (with condom) on 4th march then I used to take'unwanted 72' (again to prevent pregnancy) approx 15 days after sex I was having pain regularly, then after irregularly mainly the day when I used to wear tight jeans I get abirritate in my sex point.
The fallopian tubes are not mere passages for the egg to travel from the ovaries to the uterus. It is here that conception occurs and hence healthy fallopian tubes are essential for the fertilization of an egg.
Damaged fallopian tubes are the most common cause of infertility. This damage can fall under three categories:
- Blocked fallopian tubes
- One blocked and one open fallopian tube
- Tubal scarring
The third is usually an effect of pelvic infections or natural healing after a pelvic surgery. Sadly, in most cases, this condition is discovered only after infertility has been diagnosed. Other causes of fallopian tubal scarring include:
- STDs such as chlamydia trachomatis and neisseria gonorrhea
- Adhesions caused by ruptured ovarian cysts
- Peritonitis and
- A history of ectopic pregnancies
Fallopian tubal scarring has no recognizable symptoms. Chronic pelvic pain is the only known symptom of this damage and that too can be seen only in severe cases of tubal scarring. On diagnosing infertility, your doctor will perform one of these tests to determine the condition of your fallopian tubes.
- Hysterosalpingogram: This is a type of X-ray. Your doctor will open the vagina with a speculum and inject a liquid into the uterus with the help of a catheter. If the liquid does not pass through the fallopian tubes, it is said to be blocked. This however does not say much about tubal scarring.
- Laparoscopy: A small incision is made below the belly button and a slim, flexible tube with a camera is passed through the incision. This gives your doctor a clear view of the condition of your fallopian tubes. A laparoscopy can also be used to rule out other causes of infertility such as endometriosis or blocked fallopian tubes.
Treatment for infertility caused by tubal scarring is of two types.
- Surgery: This is suggested in cases where tubal scarring is minimal. Depending on the intensity and placement of scar tissue, your doctor may decide to perform one of many types of surgeries. She may choose to remove the scarred section of the fallopian tube, create a new opening (in case of blockages) or rebuild the damaged edges of the fallopian tubes.
- In Vitro Fertilization(IVF): Women with badly scarred fallopian tubes usually have poor chances of conceiving naturally. Hence, IVF is the preferred treatment route. However, your doctor may still advise you to undergo surgery and remove the damaged tubes prior to IVF to prevent the tubes from filling with fluid.
In large number of cases of tubal scarring tubes would be open on tubal testing. However, it may not be working well or is functional. A lot of women with so called unexplained infertility may actually have tubal scarring or non functional tubes as the cause of Infertility. IVF is the best treatment option in such cases as it would bypass the work of the tubes completely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
5 months are passed for my marriage bt my wife is still not going pregnant please offer some tips to help us.
Hi. I had my second scan which shows proper growth of the baby according to weeks. But shows an abnormal / increased yolk sac. Scan after 2 weeks is advised for follow up. I wanted to big yolk sac consequences and can I do something to bring it back to normal as I first scan it showed normal yolk sac. please help.
I can feel one small ball or flesh-like small swelling inside my wife's left breast, she is 26 yrs. Old. We have 1 yr. 3 months baby boy, who is not ready to withdraw feeding, all reports are normal too, what should be done in this case? Though there is no pain or itching effect. Local doctor said, no issue.
Nothing can be more gratifying than welcoming your bundle of joy into this world. Care needs to be taken during pregnancy to ensure that the developing foetus is healthy. Many pregnant women suffer from Thyroid problems. Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) is an important hormone produced by the Pituitary gland. TSH regulates the production and action of the Thyroid Hormones (T3 and T4). Estrogen and Human Chorionic Gonadotropin also affects the production of the thyroid hormones. Abnormal level of thyroid hormones in the body can result in Hyperthyroidism (increased production of thyroid hormones) or Hypothyroidism (decreased production of thyroid hormones by the thyroid gland). These conditions, if left untreated, can prove to be fatal for the mother and the baby.
Hyperthyroidism is greatly affected by an autoimmune disease, the Graves disease. The Thyroid Stimulating Immunoglobulin (TSI), produced during Graves disease, interferes with the production of the thyroid hormones. The TSI mimics the TSH to a great extent. This triggers the thyroid gland to produce the thyroid hormones in excess. A woman with hyperthyroidism may complain of increased heart rate, fatigue and increased blood pressure. There may be heat intolerance, tremor, sudden weight loss and Hyperemesis Gravidarum.
Untreated Hyperthyroidism can result in heart ailments, premature child birth, foetal Tachycardia, Preeclampsia (a pregnancy complication characterised by an abnormal rise in blood pressure) and miscarriage. In case of foetal and neonatal Hyperthyroidism, there is low birth weight, heart ailments, irritability and poor brain development.
Blood tests, whereby the levels of T3, T4, TSH and TSI are examined, can help in the diagnosis of Hyperthyroidism. Women with Graves disease should be extra careful. Antithyroid drugs can provide great relief. Most antithyroid drugs successfully cross the placenta and effectively regulate the production of the foetal thyroid hormone. Propylthiouracil (PTU) and Methimazole are effective anti-thyroid drugs.
Most doctors recommend Methimazole during the first trimester and PTU during the last two trimesters.
In case of Hypothyroidism, Hashimoto disease is the main wrecker in chief. This autoimmune disease results in considerable decrease in the production of thyroid hormones. Hypothyroidism can also be aggravated by Thyroidectomy (surgical removal of thyroid gland). Like hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism during pregnancy can result in serious health complications. There may be stillbirths, congestive heart failure, miscarriage, anaemia, poor brain development of the newborn and Preeclampsia. Symptoms like cold intolerance, muscle cramps, concentration problems, fatigue or constipation should not be taken lightly.
Blood tests (T4 and TSH) go a long way to detect Hypothyroidism. A synthetic Thyroid hormone, Thyroxine, is effectively used to treat hypothyroidism. Including iodine supplements in your diet prove to be helpful in hyperthyroidism treatment.
Thyroid problems, though serious, can be successfully treated. A little alertness during pregnancy can shield both the mother and the newborn from the harmful consequences.
Vaginal Vault Prolapse is the condition where the upper portion of vagina may lose its normal shape and drop or sag down into the vaginal canal or maybe even outside the vagina. This may occur after a hysterectomy or even simultaneously with uterine prolapse.
The treatment of Vaginal Vault Prolapse varies with the severity and extremity of your symptoms. Your healthcare provider may suggest medications and physical therapy to treat your condition, if you feel that the prolapse is not bothersome. However, you might have to undergo surgery later if your symptoms worsen and the prolapse affects your quality of life and hinders functional ability. You must keep in mind that usually more than one area is affected by weakness in your pelvic floor.
The symptoms of Vaginal Vault Prolapse include, backache, pelvic heaviness, bulging mass into or sometimes outside your vagina that hinders normal activities such as walking and sitting, vaginal bleeding and releasing urine involuntarily.
- Medication: Most of the women with this condition usually go through menopause around the same time. Since the estrogen levels are severely lowered during menopause, it causes vaginal dryness. Discussing about estrogen therapy with your healthcare provider is a must if you wish to remedy your vaginal dryness. Not every woman should take estrogen so it is imperative to talk to a medical expert first. Usually women are treated with estrogens before they go into surgery.
- Physical therapy: Most healthcare experts recommend pelvic floor exercises as physical therapy using biofeedback so as to strengthen the specific muscles of your pelvic floor. Biofeedback is the usage of monitoring devices that contain sensors and are placed either in your rectum, vagina or on your skin. Biofeedback is very important because it tells you the strength of each muscle you are squeezing i.e. contractions, and if you are squeezing the right muscles in order to perform the exercise correctly. Long term usage of biofeedback in physical therapy leads to strengthening of your muscles and a reduction in your symptoms.
- Surgery: Corrective surgery may be performed on you by the surgeon either through the abdomen or vagina. If the surgeon is performing the corrective surgery through the vagina, he will use the ligaments, which support the uterus to solve the problem.
Related Tip: "5 Unconventional Questions About Vaginal Health"
I am pregnant by 7 weeks. I am vomiting regularly and not able to eat anything. Which food will be best for me doctor .please can you help mee.
Hi sir My husband is a hiv positive from last 7 year but now from last one year we are a doing unprotected sex Now I have done the test that's negative It is possible to positive.
My period starts every month on 20th example 20th january & i did intercourse on 8th february without precautions.So is it safe ? If not then what i will take medicine ?
Mam I have mentioned already that my last bleeding was on 23rd July immediately after the day having unprotected sex on 22nd July. However I am not sure whether it was my normal periods or withdrawal bleeding. The previous menstruation was on 16th of June.
My wife aged about 33 years complaining in lower abdomen near ovaries on both sides as also in her back. Three months back an ultrasound was done in which in right ovary a hemorrhagic cist was detected. The doctor suggested me to take ovaral-g for four months, same has now about to complete but she is not getting change in pain. Apart from it she is complaining pain in her ribs in chest please suggest medicine/ mode of treatment.
Did you know that pregnancy can alter your libido, since it is influenced by biological, psychological and social factors? It is no surprise that the numerous hormonal changes and the emotional roller-coaster that a woman experiences during pregnancy, can change her desire for sex. Of course, no two woman's sexual drive is the same and hence the matter is very individual and unique for every woman.
But some common bodily trends are observed during the various trimesters of pregnancy:
1. During the first trimester of pregnancy, some women are put off by sex when the symptoms of nausea, vomiting and tiredness kick in. This can be blamed on the rise in the levels of the hormones estrogen and progesterone. A woman would rather just catch up on lost sleep and lie in bed by herself, getting all the rest she can.
2. The second trimester brings relief in the symptoms felt during the first trimester. Some women experience a surge in their libido, as energy levels improve and they feel relatively more relaxed.
3. The third trimester brings with it weight gain, back pain and other symptoms which can lower a woman's sexual drive again.
4. Besides the typical changes that are brought on in the different trimesters, quite a few women report a heightened desire for sex. With all those pregnancy hormones flowing, it's understandable. During pregnancy, a woman's breasts get bigger and more sensitive. The vulva also becomes engorged from extra blood flow and even more sensitive, which could lead to more enjoyable pregnancy sex.
5. Another fact is that, with no longer having to worry about contraception during this time, both partners welcome the fact that they can have sex anytime they want or without worrying about the obligations of ovulation.
So basically, a woman can easily embrace her sexual desire during this special time of pregnancy. As long as a doctor doesn't suggest otherwise, it is perfectly safe for a woman to revel in her new found desire and have sex with her partner until the baby arrives. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!