Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neelam Suri
Submit a review for Dr. Neelam SuriYour feedback matters!
Special nutritional needs are often required in special circumstances. Unlike adults from 20 to 60, children and elderly people have specific needs as their physical requirements are different. Just like pregnant women need tailor-made diets for their specific needs, children and elderly people also require appropriate diets without too much variation.
The requirement for geriatric or elderly nutrition:
As the body ages, certain functions within are slowed down and thus, the processes are not able to completely recuperate and replenish what was lost. Certain functions are affected more than others and hence, need specific nutrients to regenerate.
Tips for Geriatric Nutrition:
Let's take a look at some of the specific diet requirements as well as certain items, which should be avoided.
- Consumption of calcium rich foods - Bones are a part of the human body that tend to suffer a lot of wear and tear and they start showing signs of weakening after 60. It is thus, important to replenish calcium in the body to help the bones get their building blocks. Some examples of calcium-rich foods are almonds and green leafy vegetables like kale. Dairy products are also good as long as the fat content within them is low.
- Keeping the body hydrated - Although physical activity reduces with age, dehydration can still occur within senior people and thus, it is important that they remain hydrated. Simply drinking water may not be enough and juices or other water-rich foods such as watermelons should be used to supplement for hydration.
- Lessening sodium within the body - The presence of excess sodium in the body can cause blood pressure to shoot up and result in high blood pressure, which may then further result in more ailments like strokes. It is pertinent that foods rich in sodium such a red meats be lessened or cut out of the diet altogether.
- Lessening sugar consumption or any other foods that may exacerbate diabetes - Another factor to consider is the consumption of sugar and sugar-filled products. Not just for diabetics, but elderly people have a tendency to develop high blood sugar and hence, it is prudent to reduce sugar intake. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
After taking ipill in 24 hours I get my withdrawal bleeding in 2 days. Which is last for 4-5 days. After the bleeding its been 15 days. Not having my periods? Whn It will come. I'm vry tensed. Last night had vomiting. Is it any sense with that or normal vomiting. please ans I'm vry tensed. Am I pregnant. I don't wnt to pregnant now my age is 17. please help. Mee.
Im 14 years old I dont have periods nowand im a tubercosics patient what to do? Suggest me something.
Hello Doctor, Around five months back I took abortion pills and due to unsuccessful process get d&c. Due to negative blood group Doctor said it may be any problem that can cause I will never be able to conceive. Please suggest me what test I can have so that I will know I can conceive again or not.
I want to know about hypothyroid If hypothyroid is there Than is it necessary to uterus abdomen scan And hypothyroidism means in future cancer and infertility also psychological problems like aggressive behaviour with friends relatives breast becomes small and thin vulva vagina also becomes thin and small no flexibility in total muscles of body. Is it necessary to consult gynaecologist.
Premature labor is also known as preterm labor. This is the term given when the body gets ready for an early delivery in the pregnancy. Labor is considered to be premature if it starts almost three weeks prior to the due date. Premature labor usually leads to early birth, but now this can be delayed with medical help. It is better that the baby grows inside you because there are fewer chances of problems after birth.
Risk of Preterm Labor:
Some of the things which can increase the risk of a preterm labor are:
- Being underweight or overweight before pregnancy
- Poor prenatal care
- Use of alcohol and drugs during pregnancy
- Health conditions such as preeclampsia, infections, diabetes, high blood pressure and clotting disorders
- Pregnant with a bay with birth defects
- Getting pregnant through vitro fertilization
- Pregnant with multiples like twins and triplets
- Becoming pregnant soon after having a baby
Symptoms of preterm labor:
Warning signs should be heeded to stop the stop premature labor, as acting quickly can help. Consult your doctor or midwife immediately in case you have the following:
- Backache, especially in the lower back. Back ache can be a constant feature or might keep coming in intervals; but does not change with a change in position.
- Contractions that take place in each 10 minutes
- A leaking feeling in the vagina or fluid leakage from the vagina
- Cramps in the lower abdomen very similar to menstrual cramps. These usually give a feeling of gas pains and come with a diarrhea
- Symptoms of flu like vomiting, nausea and diarrhea. Must to see a doctor if the liquids cannot be tolerated for more than 8 hours
- The pressure in the vagina or pelvis increases
- Vaginal discharge increases
- There might be light bleeding from the vagina
Ways to check for Contractions
To spot and early labor one must be sure to check for the contractions. Contractions can be checked by the following:
- When the fingertips are placed on the abdomen and the uterus feels too soft or tight then these are contractions.
- Contractions if felt, should be timed and the starting time of these should be noted.
- Contractions should be stopped by changing the position and drinking some water or by walking around
- Doctor or midwife should be contacted if the contractions occur every 10 minutes and the symptoms worsen
Sometime women might experience false labor also known as Braxton Hicks contractions. These are not so strong, are erratic and stop on moving around.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
When it comes to erectile dysfunction, it may feel like you're in a deep, dark hole with no way out. After all, even with a steady diet of ed drugs, it can feel like you'll never be able to shake your erectile woes off. But when it comes to treating ed, it pays to look after your body. By exercising, getting active, and eating well, you'll put your body back on track and save your sex life.
But while anyone can cut out fatty foods and sweets, what foods should a man incorporate into his diet to overcome erectile dysfunction? unfortunately, there isn't anyone 'miracle food' that will put a pep in a man's step and return his erection to its former glory. But there are plenty of foods that have been found to facilitate a healthy erection. By investing in these foods, and eating them regularly, you'll be giving your body a fighting chance to overcome your erectile problems.
If you're looking for foods to help you beat ed, keep your eyes peeled for these tasty treats the next time you're at the grocery store:
Dark chocolate (really! dark chocolate has flavonoids that help to improve blood circulation. But enjoy it in moderation.)
Leafy greens and beets (these veggies are chock full of nitrates, which help the body to open up blood vessels and improve blood flow.)
Watermelon (filled with phytonutrients, which relax the blood vessels.)
Tomatoes (this fruit is filled with lycopene, which is good for opening up the blood vessels and improving blood flow.)
You'll notice all these foods focus on improving blood flow, which is a surefire way to get blood quicker to the penis, ensuring that the body has an easier time achieving an erection.
A combination lifestyle changes and homeopathic treatment can be a great relief to a person suffering from sexual problems. Moreover, a thorough homeopathic treatment can remove the tendency and thereby prevent its recurrence.