Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Neelam SubbaYour feedback matters!
I have been suffering from sensitivity problem of a tooth for 2 months. I have used anti sensitivity toothpaste. What should I do? one of my family member suffering from asthma for 5 years. Doctor said that he would not be cured totally. He uses inhaler also. What steps should be taken to keep him well. What should he do or what he should not do?
My teeth Will Be Paining When I Drink Cold And I Don't Feel Hungry. I Don't Know Why. Please help me.
I am 26 years old man, while brushing blood comes out from my teeth, I have already scaling before 10 month, so kindly suggest me the medicine and toothpaste, thank you.
I have been suffering this below problem from last year. My cheeks are paining when I am watching tv working on my laptop watching movies. I don' t know why. Please suggest me doctor. I went to dental specialist he cleaned my teeth and send me. I scanned my cheeks it leaves me nothing.
Someone say me that their is no need to brush your teeth twice a day. Only one time is sufficient. Please tell me can I brush my teeth twice or once a day?
I am getting mouth ulcers oftenly for even a small injuries during brushing the teeth and also on tongue while intaking the hot tea. Is that a internal health problem, what is the remedy for that?
I had gingivitis and thus, dentist suggested scaling since I had a lot of deposits and was confirmed that it doesn't harm the teeth. Now, how long will it take for my gum to get its grip back or grow back to the teeth and I can feel that a lot of the teeth is out my gums. How long will now, gingivitis take to heal. I am doing mouthwash with Hexidine twice daily.
I have a problem of" Gums bleeding" please tell me what to do to resolve this problem. Suggest me some medicines and toothpaste to stop gums bleeding.
Ha I Dr. my name pranay I am so fat give me suggestion what loss please And my teeth in zig zag some time so painful give suggestion plz.
Even after proper oral hygiene my mouth smells bad. I do not smoke and drink. I do not even indulge in junk food and I drink a lot of water and consume fruits. please help me. What can I do.
Dear Doctor, My daughter is having protruding and irregular teeth. She is 21. Also there is tooth crowding. Can she use braces to rectify the irregularities. Would like to rectify it with invisible braces. Is it possible without extractions? Thanks.
Hello doctor,my teeth are thrusting forward during sleep my tongue is not resting in proper place instead it is pushing my lower and upper teeth forward and i am worried about it im nt interested in braces.Is there any way to solve this problem?tongue thrust is biggest problem im facing
My teeth are getting yellow (mostly lower theeh). I brush every day but there is no change to see. What should I do for whiter teeth.
I'm getting frequently mouth ulcers. What are the reasons and what are the treatment Available for this.
HIV is a systemic disease which affects all parts of the body. The oral cavity also has some tell-tale symptoms which indicate HIV / AIDS. A careful examination and detailed history of symptoms is essential. In some cases, the oral manifestations could be the area where HIV is suspected. This can help in reducing morbidity and improves prognosis. The oral lesions that occur in HIV patients can vary and differ significantly in children and adults. While there are a variety of oral lesions in HIV-infected individuals, listed below are some common infections seen in HIV patients. These are a combination of fungal, viral and bacterial infections.
- Candidiasis: Candida is an opportunistic fungus that is normally present in the oral cavity and with reduced immunity of HIV, recurrent bouts of the infection begins to show up. It can be in the form of regular thrush which is whitish and cannot be scraped off (pseudomembranous candidiasis), hyperplastic candidiasis (white patches which can be scraped off) or erythematous (reddish patches). Candida can involve any part of the oral mucosa including the pharynx and the palate.
- Herpes Simplex: This is the most common viral infection seen in patients with HIV/AIDS. There could be primary or secondary infection of herpes virus, especially inside the mouth and the vermillion border of the lips.
- Herpes zoster: This virus, when already present in the body, can be reactivated with HIV/AIDS and with oral herpes. The distinction with herpes simplex is from their distribution. These are unilateral, along the distribution of the maxillary or mandibular nerve. The lesions appear both on the facial skin and the oral mucosa. While the facial ones break open and form crusts, the mucosal ones coalesce to form larger lesions.
- Hairy Leukoplakia: This is present in about 20% of asymptomatic HIV patients. Onset of hairy leukoplakia is an indication of rapid progression of HIV with increased CD4 counts. The typical lesion is a non-movable, hairy lesion along the side of the tongue and can spread to the top and the undersurface of the tongue. There are large amounts of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) identified from biopsies of hairy leukoplakia.
- Cytomegalovirus: If the ulcers have a necrotic base with a halo surrounding it, it is CMV infection, usually seen on any oral mucosal surface.
- Periodontal disease: This is one of the bacterial infections that manifests itself in HIV patients. It can take two forms such as Linear Gingival Erythema (LGE) which can subsequently lead to Necrotizing Ulcerative Periodontitis (NUP). The oral hygiene is generally good with minimal plaque and there is rapid bone loss and soft tissue reddening and swelling. The, mouth, therefore is certainly a window to one’s health.
Diagnosing HIV with Western Blot Test-
It is a series of blood screenings are performed to test for HIV. The enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), also known as an enzyme immunoassay (EIA), is the first test that your healthcare provider will order to screen for HIV. ELISA, like the Western blot test, detects HIV antibodies in your blood. Antibodies are proteins your immune system produces in response to the presence of foreign substances, such as viruses. If you test positive for HIV on the ELISA test, your provider will order the Western blot test to confirm HIV infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.