Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neelam Khanna
Submit a review for Dr. Neelam KhannaYour feedback matters!
Hi! I am 25 years old working as Junior engineer. I drunk a lot as I am having lot of stress due to family problem. Since last couple of weeks I am getting backache plus the whole body pains even my arms and leg. I ask my wife to massage it everyday and has become a routine as daily process. Now we are trying to have a baby but its been about three to four months and she cannot conceive. I smoke a lot too. My friends circle told me that it is because I drinks and smoke a lot, that's the reason. Can it really be because of it? People do have such habit but they are happy. So please guide me doctor with your valuable guidance and medical possibilities. I will be grateful to you if you get me out of this problem. Thanking you.
I am facing some stomach disease. Acidity acid reflection headache and body ache. Please solve my disease I am suffering from 3 years. I tried allopathy homeopathy and ayurvedic but my problems not solve. please remove my disease with medicine.
I feel body ache daily when I wake up in the mornings and don't feel freshen up even after enough sleep. Basically in back shoulders and upper hands. And couldn't get up from bed once I am awake due to the pain, feel lazy. body ache remains at least 2-4 hours after waking up and sometimes entire day. Can anyone specify the specific reason for the same? And also and remedies for the same?
My mother aged 60 years had already stroked earlier. After a year and so again she is having the same symptoms like sweating one side of body, pain on one side. She also under treatment from a neurologist but less improvement. Please suggest.
I had an surgery in my spine during December, 2009 Now my problems are I cannot sit in office constantly for 10 to 5 am nor I can't walk constantly for 10-15 minutes & right leg have some mile pain, less power, as result I am suffering from mental depression. Any pain management is there to reduce the pain or any treatment to overcome the pain. please advice me.
I have pain in my whole body strain eyes and feverish feeling and fatique. I have gone through al blood tested like widal ,mp card,CBC.All are normal .I am having this feeling from last 3 4 month it comes and goes .And I feel very tired. Please tell my reason of all this pain and little pain in head also.
My father is suffering body pain and very weak and dull face look white. So please suggest any treatment.
I am 49 years male. I am suffering from Knee Arthritis left leg. Doctors suggested me no to go for replacement surgery at this age. Bearable pain while walking.
Affecting your entire body, body ache is usually an indicator of a condition that requires your attention for the pain to stop or a reaction of your body's immune system to an infection. Understanding the symptoms and the cause of the pain is the first step towards getting the right treatment for your problem.
The causes of body ache can be any one of these:
- An increase in your body's lactic acid as a result of overused muscles (that you normally experience when you perform strenuous exercises) leads to body aches that are not severe but temporary in nature.
- Temporary body aches can also occur if you suffer from flu caused by the influenza virus and other medical conditions like fever and viral infections, among others.
- A cause of body aches can be the presence of a serious condition such as Lyme disease or pneumonia that brings about major infection affecting your entire body.
- Inflammation of body cells or damage to your body's nervous system in the form of chronic ailments like autoimmune diseases and psychiatric problems can also cause pains and aches to develop all over the body.
What can you do to manage it?
There are simple ways that you can employ to relieve your body aches based on the root cause and these are:
- If the cause of your body ache is the flu, the best way to alleviate your condition is to take a hot bath. The hot water works by eliminating the body pains you may be suffering from. Even a gentle massage can soothe the ache affecting your entire body.
- For body aches that are caused due to overused muscle, you need to apply ice packs for 2-3 weeks on the affected area to bring down the inflammation. Even the application of a heating pad can help in relieving body aches brought on by muscle soreness.
- Shoulder and neck pains can be easily prevented by performing simple exercises from time to time such as shoulder shrugs or head turns. Also, the practice of using wrist and forearm rests can reduce your chances of getting shoulder and neck aches.
- Reducing your stress levels can also help in effectively lowering the instances of body ache. From sleeping on time to meditating for about 20 minutes a day can help in lowering stress. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.