Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NeelamYour feedback matters!
Oily skin results from overactive sebaceous glands that produce excessive sebum, which can clog pores of the skin. Clogged pores result in inflammation on the skin, thus causing breakouts. Oily skin can also appear shiny and dirty as oil tends to attract dirt. Oily skin also makes you prone to white heads, black heads and pimples. Open pores is another concern that people with oily skin have. These open pores can look disfiguring on the skin and lead to acne flare ups. You should focus on keeping your skin clean to prevent breakouts. It is recommended to undergo facials to keep your skin healthy and refreshed, and thus reduce oiliness on the skin.
Ways to control oil
- Facials help in renewing dead skin cells and improving blood circulation on the skin. This also helps in getting rid of the waste from under your skin to remove the puffiness. With this process, the pores are cleaned effectively so that there is no buildup of impurities. Any cleansing treatment for oily skin should also focus on controlling the oil so that the skin remains oil free for a long time period.
- You can also use a facial that uses botanical extracts such as burdock roots, kudzu and chamomile flower. These ingredients help in controlling and normalizing oil production and help to remove dirt and impurities from your skin effectively.
- If you have a skin that is acne prone, then you need to adopt a slightly different approach. Use a cleanser made from tea to soothe any inflammation on the skin. The toner should contain salicylic acid because of its anti-inflammatory properties that help in regulating oil production.
- Use a mask that is made out of sea mud to clean your pores efficiently. This mud absorbs extra oil and also prevents further breakouts. You may also use a mask that consists of buttermilk and synergistic tea blend to cool your skin.
Oily skin requires moisturizing, just like any other skin type. In this regard, make sure the moisturizers you use are mostly water based and oil free. The moisturizers should contain zinc oxide as it protects your skin and also reduces the redness of your skin that results from acne problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
After 3 days of passing mensuration cycle days my wife's mensuration cycle not good. It's first time when this is happening. After 2 days of mens cycle date little blood came for only one time. Now only something black water type is coming but not blood. Please advice what is this.
I am 23 year old, I had 3 D&C and one abortion at 22 months. I know I did wrong or I can say Worst! I didn't know what to do that time. Now at the mean time our parents agreed for our marriage. He truly loves me, he asked me that time to get married but due to some circumstances in my family I refused to get married. Now everything is fine mentally and physically. Please tell me if all these what ever happened earlier would affect on my future pregnancies. Any thing?
Mujhe 3ed month pregnancy chalri hai. But mujhe bleeding bhi hori hai. 3 ko meri priead time tha. Ky bleeding hona koi dikkat wali baat hai. please ans me. Kyunki mere pet ke niche hisse me bhit drd hai.
One year of marriage not able to conceive. Age 39, gynae said that there is mild pcod. She gave ovagrace sachet and metformin in the month of aug. Two months have passed taking these medicines but still unable to conceive.
I have piles problem what should be suggestion that to take medicine or operation. Bleeding should continue for 1week n than stop an after certain period bleeding will start for a period how should I stop it. I am student I m effects alot to my life.
I am a 24 year old female. I have problems with my menstrual cycle, until I take some medicine my periods do not come. I am curious whether I will face any problem during my pregnancy?
We think that the recent scientific discoveries have benefited our life and health to a great extent. But do we have any idea that how good our ancient Ayurveda Science is and how good it can act in solving our several health related issues?
No wonder, most of us do not know. But yes, Ayurvedic medicines are much beneficial without the side effects that most of the synthetic drugs discovered these days possess.
In this article, we will discuss on Bhringraaj and how good it is for our health.
Bhringraaj Powder and Its Benefits
- Liver health: You can possess a good liver health with Bhringraaj powder as this consists of flavonoids and other chemicals like wedelolactone. Jaundice and hepatitis can be cured by consuming this powder in prescribed doses.
- Anti microbial properties: Bhringraaj has antimicrobial effects. It can resist almost nine bacterial strains.
- Tooth ache: Bhringraaj is a very good relief from a toothache. Just rub the powder on the gums and see the result in some time. The ethanolic extract and alkaloids help in this pain relief.
- Treats upset stomach: If you are suffering from an upset stomach, then this powder can help you. The various organic and chemical compounds present in bhringraaj help in this natural treatment.
- Respiratory problem treatment: If you get an infection in your respiratory tract, then consuming Bhringraaj powder can treat the infection and remove phlegm from your respiratory tract.
- Hair health: Bhringraaj powder is good for hair health. If you are suffering from baldness, then this powder can stimulate the hair follicles thus re-growing hair.
- Eye health: Some chemical compounds are formed in our body that creates cataract and other eye problems. But Bhringraaj powder has some neutralizing power, which damages the free radicals causing such ailments.
- Heart health: Bhringraaj powder can help in reducing cholesterol level and prevent heart ailments. Though not strongly proved, still it is thought that the diuretic effects of Bhringraaj help in this remedy.
- Cancer prevention: Bhringraaj powder is a fantastic solution for liver cancer. It stops cancer cells from proliferating and spreading.
- Treats cholera: If Bhringraaj powder is consumed three times a day for three days, then it is likely to cure cholera.
- Relieves body ache: Body ache is relieved if the powder is consumed according to a prescribed dose.
- Treats ulcer: Applying Bhringraaj powder on the ulcers can cure it magically.
How to use: You can cook your food with this powder. The best part is that it does not have any side effects, but is loaded with benefits. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hi, I am not sure if my blood flow is period or spotting, I am sexually active and my thyroid levels are 3.34 last checked in december, I also suffer from eating disorder and currently going thorough a lot of stress. What are the chances of me being pregnant, I have taken two pregnancy test both were invalid.
There is no fixed course for iron. You need to continue till your body stores are adequate in iron. A regular follow-up blood test is most essential to prevent iron overload. There is no need to take extra supplemental iron unless indicated.
Continue using food sources of iron even after stopping the tablet/syrup as food sources will never cause iron overload. Common foods being beet, green veggies, dates, figs, raisins, sesame seeds, almonds.
If you are not responding to the iron or your hemoglobin keeps dropping frequently, you need to rule out hemoglobin related disorders.
But, but, but. Try doing this first -
Include vitamin a (carrots, peach, papaya, mango, green vegetables), copper (whole grains, almonds, pista, figs, dates, walnuts, raisins) and vitamin c to improve absorption of iron.
Our indian dish'aloo-palak' is a good example of food combination to maximize efficacy of nutrient absorption. Forget the technical jargon.
What I mean is that you get iron from palak and vitamin c, vitamin a and copper from the potato, so it enhances the iron absorption.
Point to note:
Do not take your anti-acidity syrups, tablets or capsules with iron. It will just not allow that iron to be absorbed.
Do not drink cow or buffalo or soya milk to gulp that iron tablet, it will just not allow.
Do not take tea or coffee with iron tablet; it will just not allow.
So, get the best out of that iron tablet, so that you can discontinue it sooner.
Undigested food that lurks around in the digestive tract produces a host of disorders due to intestinal distress. These disorders range from acidity to gastro-oesophageal reflux and even colon diseases like cancer, irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, gallstones, ulcers and Crohn's disease. Cramps, nausea, vomiting, loose motions, gas, and acidity are some of the most common symptoms that visit the patient as a result of such ailments. There are many ways of dealing with such intestinal distress, as follows :-
- Diet: Introduce plenty of fibre into your diet to aid the digestion process. This can cut the risk of many such ailments and also aid in the treatment of the same. Intestinal distress is largely caused by food that is still lurking around in the digestive tract, so it is important to clean out the digestive system with plenty of fibre and water.
- Nutrition for better Digestive System Health: Food that is rich in minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and iron will help in creating a stronger system that cleanses the digestive tract and helps in reducing the production of excess acid in the stomach. A balanced diet with plenty of nutrition aids digestion and makes the immunity stronger.
- Study your Triggers: Watch out for foods that can trigger reflux action and other acidity related issues on the intake. These can include fatty food, fried and oily food as well as extremely spicy food. Stress is also a major trigger of intestinal distress, so it would be a good idea to avoid stressful situations or take medical help to deal with them in a better manner.
- Medication: Antacids and other medication to prevent the onset and growth of such distress can be sought out after due consultation with a medical practitioner. Medication will help in dealing with and altering the acid level production in the stomach.
- Surgery: In very extreme cases like ulcers and large size gallstones, surgery may be helpful so that you avoid rupturing the stomach's lining which can lead to a serious infection or even internal bleeding.
Knowing your triggers and getting into a better routine as far as your diet goes is as important as seeing a doctor about the severity of your case when it comes to intestinal distress.
To know more, take a private consultation today!
I'm 25 years old unmarried girl (weight 33 kg. I have cyst in my right Overy which measures 5 cm. Doctor advised me to remove cyst by laparoscopy. I have used endosis tablets for 3 months. But there is no charge in size. If I remove cyst by laparoscopy, is it affect pregnancy?
6 dietary dos and don'ts for pregnancy
Pregnancy is an important time in a woman's life. During this period, you need to be most conscious of what to eat, do and how to change everyday habits. Following these dos and don'ts will ensure a smooth pregnancy experience for you.
1. Take your prenatal vitamin
If you have not yet started taking a prenatal vitamin, now is the time to start. It's particularly critical to get enough folic acid while trying to conceive importantly during the first trimester. It greatly reduces your baby's risk of developing neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
2. If you smoke, quit
Smoking increases your risk of developing several problems including miscarriages, placental and preterm birth problems. It slows the fetal growth and increases the risk of stillbirth and infant death. It's never too late to quit or cut back smoking. Every cigarette you don't light gives your baby a much better chance of being healthy.
3. Do eat seafood
Seafood is loaded with vitamins and minerals. Consume a variety of seafood so you don't have a concentration of minerals from only one type of fish. But remember to not eat more than 12 ounces of fish per 7 days.
1. Don't drink alcohol
Alcohol may immensely impact your baby's development. Women who drink alcohol while pregnant could easily deliver a baby with fetal alcohol syndrome (fas). Symptoms of fas are usually low birth weight, learning disabilities, behavioral problems, and lagging patterns in terms of growth and development milestones. Limiting or avoiding alcohol is a step that you need to take.
2. Don't eat raw meat at all
Raw and undercooked meat or eggs carries the risk of food-borne diseases as well as food poisoning incidence. Make sure all eggs and meat that you eat while you are pregnant are cooked well.
3. Don't drink lot of caffeine
Caffeine easily travels through the placenta and increases your baby's heart beats. Research shows that women can safely consume a cup or two of coffee every day, but avoid downing a triple shot strong latte while you have got a bun in the oven.
For maintaining the spinal cord in its correct alignment during pregnancy, women should actively involve themselves in pilates, yoga, water aerobics or physiotherapy.