Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neelam Gupta
Submit a review for Dr. Neelam GuptaYour feedback matters!
At any point of time, only 90% of your hair is growing. The remaining 10% is resting and falls off after 2 to 3 months to make space for new hair follicles. Thus, while it is normal to shed a few strands of hair a day is normal, waking up to find multiple strands of hair on your pillow can be a nightmare for anyone.
Hair loss can be of many types and in order to treat it, you must first figure what type of hair loss you suffer from. Some of the main types of hair loss are:
- Involutional alopecia: This type of hair loss affects people who are middle aged and older. In such cases, more and more hair follicles go into the resting phase after which they fall off. The hair that remains becomes shorter and brittle making it easier to break.
- Telogen effluvium: Telogen effluvium is a temporary condition that causes changes in the hair follicle’s growth cycle and puts a number of hair follicles into the resting phase simultaneously. This is often experienced after a stressful event like a severe illness, childbirth, stress or sudden weight loss, and can last for anywhere between a few weeks to a few months.
- Male and female pattern baldness: For males, hair loss at the top of the scalp in an ‘M’ shape which gradually turns into a ‘U’ around the side of the head is a sign of pattern baldness. This condition makes hair follicle thinner, shorter and brittle and is triggered by genetic conditions. For women, this condition begins with hair loss at the crown and gradually progresses to complete baldness. Both male and female pattern baldness have very gradual hair loss and so you may not notice significant thinning until quite late.
- Patchy hair loss: One of the most noticeable symptoms of this type of hair loss is one or two smooth, hairless spots. Apart from the scalp, it can also affect the eyebrows, arms, legs and facial hair. In most cases, this has a sudden onset and is temporary. However, when hair grows back in one bald spot, it may fall out from another. In some cases, the hair may not fall out but may break, leaving behind patches of extremely short hair.
- Tinea capitis: This is a contagious fungal infection that affects the scalp of school-going children. It makes hair in certain patches or all over the scalp break off and triggers inflammation in the scalp. Pus-filled sores and a scaly scalp are other symptoms of this condition.
- Trichotillomania: Hair fall can also be triggered if you twist or pull your own hair. This psychological disorder often affects children and causes hair loss by breakage.
My girlfriend vagina always licking some white liquid. It happens daily and dull day. When she go for urine. Some white liquid was there. So she is very afraid. If some medicine then tell me.
I had miss my date and checking the result is positive but today have a problem of little bleeding is it sign of loosing the pregnancy or what the reason behind it and I have pain in my lower abdomen and in the back please give me respond soon I am so tensed about all.
Hi I am 38 Yr old. From last 7" to 8 month. At the time of period there is too less bleeding and only for 2 or 3 days. Sometime feel so much pain in back legs stomach. Is there any issue or is it normal. Also gaining weight too having hair fall. I am also taking thyroid medicines.
My wife delivered baby girl 3 months back. Her MC has started now last only for day in a month. We had unprotected sex yesterday and now worried if she may get present again. I would like to know1- what are the chances she may get pregnant 2- can she take any contraceptive pills? If yes which one. 3- will there any side effect of those pills as she is breast feeding and will it affect on her body or milk? Please advice.
I am six week pregnant and I have a round tiny skin come out from my anus and I have a problem of constipation too. What should I do.
My wife is not getting her regular period the amount of bleeding is very low her last month period starting day was on March 24. She is having regular 30 days period every month but till now this month not so much bleeding happened from past 3 days very low amount is bleeding she got worried please tell me what is happening.