Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neelam GoyalYour feedback matters!
Hi my teeth's are becoming yellow and red color because I use to chew pan masala daily. Now I want my teeth to become white. So please help me out with the good options.
My teeth's are not straight. It comes in front. So I want to straight it. Please tell me what to do & how many cost it take.
Hi I am 45 year old male iam having bad breath problem since last 5 years consulted many dentists and used all kinds of tooth paste and mouth freshners available in the market but my prolblem is not solved yet
I am generating a lot of saliva what is the remedy? Please note that I am also a heart patient This problem is more acute when I am sleeping as the saliva drools out.
My front four teeth is yellow I use tooth brush daily but they are still yellow what can I do to white my teeth please tell me.
My head aches when I wake up in the morning. It gets normal when I brush my teeth and take bath. What should I do?
Hi I am 30 years old. M suffering lack of appetite from last 1 year. I feel like food stuck in my throat. Also feel morning sickness. N bitter mouth. please suggest.
Hello Doctor, I am suffering from tooth pain due to which I am getting pain in my head on the right side. Kindly prescribe a medicine to get complete relief. I AM IN MY FIRST MONTH OF PREGNANCY.
I am 45 years old. I have severe tooth ache since the past one month. But there is no decay. Kindly advise.
A few days ago I noticed this lump under my tongue. It is soft but firm. It doesn't usually hurt but there is some slight pain if I keep touching it with my tongue. I have no idea what it is. Mouth cancer is vey unlikely because I'm 18. I think it might be a swollen sublingual salivary gland but I don't know. Which kind of doctor should I consult .I'd be very grateful for any suggestions.
My mouth always smelling due to which I have hesitation to talk face to face with someone, please help me!
Mere beta 8 saal ka hai aur uske aage ke 4 primery teeth gal gaye hai. Kya uski jagah apneaap naye aa jayenge. Uska IQ low hai isiliye wo cooperate nahi karega.
Poor dental habits often invariably lead to complicated dental issues and hence expensive treatments. And, to maintain the general good health of your teeth, brushing is not enough. It is very important to regularly floss too.
Difference between brushing and flossing: For those who consider brushing and flossing to be similar, here is where the difference lies. While you brush your teeth, it's only the surface that gets cleaned. But the dirt that gets accumulated between the gaps of your teeth can only be cleaned by using a thin nylon thread, and that process is known as flossing. Avoiding flossing can lead to cavities and decay and also gum diseases at times.
Benefits of Flossing:
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases: Periodontal diseases, that is, diseases of the teeth, gums and mouth, can lead to heart diseases. Thus maintaining oral health can reduce the risk of any major ailments manifold. It can also help you to avoid the risk of diabetes and high body mass index.
- Cleaner breath: Flossing cleans the dirt between the teeth that gets accumulated when we eat. The accumulated food, if not taken out, starts decaying and creates bacteria and results in bad breath, leaving a bad impression.
- Cleaner and glossier teeth: Flossing regularly keeps your teeth clean and white. It also makes your teeth gleam, making your smile more attractive.
- Keeps you healthy while you are pregnant: During pregnancy, some women suffer from enamel wear and gum diseases. Thus, flossing regularly even while you are pregnant can help you maintain your dental health.
Types of dental floss:
- Waxed and unwaxed dental floss: Waxed dental floss is much smoother than the unwaxed version, and as a result, moves more easily between the teeth. On the other hand, unwaxed dental floss can be a little rough to use in the beginning.
- Teflon floss: Made of Teflon, this type of floss is extremely easy to navigate between the teeth and rarely gets stuck between teeth.
- Thread floss: This one works just like the other flosses, but is simply made of a different material, that is, nylon.
- Tape Floss: As compared to the other type of flosses, this particular floss is a little thick and is suitable for people who have wider gaps between their teeth.
You can also stick to flossing aids for maintaining proper dental hygiene. They are usually perfect for people who find the conventional forms difficult to adapt to. However, such aids may be more expensive than regular flosses.
You can also use a toothpick or an interdental brush in case you wish to avoid flossing. Just make sure that the dirt comes out, no matter which method you take up! Keep Smiling!