Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Navita Kumari
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Navita KumariYour feedback matters!
I have already done Hsg test which shows the result as my right tubical block. There after now I been suggested to do laparoscopy surgery. So I wanted to know will this laparoscopy surgery b helpful for me to conceive or not?
The birth of your child is surely one of the most important and biggest days of your life. Most pregnant women want to avoid drugs and any kind of medical intervention during childbirth. Natural childbirth is a method of labor without the use of any kind of medical intervention. The birth process is purely natural.
The best way for carrying out a natural childbirth is by choosing child care hospitals. No medicines or drugs are involved, and you would have a natural birth of your baby.
What facilities are to be expected?
At the best child care hospitals, there are a lot of facilities provided during natural childbirth. These facilities are not available if the birth takes at any other location such as at home.
Here is what you should expect:
- You can have childbirth without the use of any drugs or medicines, due to modern technology.
- The Presence of a midwife, obstetrician or gynaecologist who is there to deal with the pregnant patients, makes the process much easier and efficient.
- Alternative medication free strategies can be carried out. These are: hydrotherapy, hypnosis, massage, relaxation techniques, meditation, breathing exercises, and pressure point massages. This kind of assistance is only available at the best child care hospitals.
- The doctors keep away from the techniques such as routine IV, work incitement, episiotomy, ceaseless fetal observing, extraction of vacuum or cesarean segment, unless they are required at any stage.
What are the benefits of natural childbirth from child care hospitals?
Having a natural childbirth from the best childcare hospitals has got certain advantages and benefits, which are not available elsewhere.
- Support of staff and doctors: You will get the steady support of doctors, groups, family individuals, or dear companions, who may give you support during delivery.
- Pushing is effective: Epidurals offer satisfactory pain relief by and large as they increase the labor period in case of first time mothers and 16 minutes among mothers who have given birth previously. As you won't get a pain-relief drug, you won't lose any sensation.
- Proper breastfeeding: You will have the capacity to breastfeed your newborn baby effectively without any inconvenience. The quick skin-to-skin contact enhances the early mother-baby bond. This will make breastfeeding less troublesome and also enhance your youngster's sleep, weight gain and mental health
- Ability to move: Most mothers find it hard to move about during labor for coping with the pain. With the assistance available at the best child care hospitals, movement becomes possible.
These are solid reasons why you should choose the best childcare hospitals for natural childbirth. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My Wife LMP: 15/05/2017, 12/06/2017, 10/07/2017 & 08/08/2017. Periods delayed. Can we check the Pregnancy Test? Or else need to wait some more days. Can you please guide me on this. When can I take the test to right and right time?
I have a black spot on my face both chick. My hb is medium to low. Sometimes before 3 days of monthly period I am very tired and pain in my head. Please give me solutions of this problem.
My wife is pregnant. She has done first sonography after 50 days. Now when we can do the next sonography. We wish delivery must be normal. What we can do for the normal delivery. What we can do for clever and strong baby. Please guide us for the same.
Hello Doctor. While making love I rubbed vagina of my girlfriend from outside. I didn't insert finger inside. She is virgin. I never inserted penis and it was always very far from vagina. But I may have sperms on my hand but not a lot in amount. Can my girlfriend become pregnant just by this. What are chances of pregnancy. We are very worried. She also has PCOS.
I had unprotected sex with my fiance on 8th feb, her menstrual cycle date was on 12th feb eventually she missed her date today is 15th feb. Are there chances for her to get pregnant and if yes please advice how to get through it. Thank you.
Hmari shaadi ko dedh saal ho gaya but I am not pregnent jab hum sex karte hain to jo wo liquid girth hai wo mere se bahar aa jaana hai why please tell me.
Dear sir I want to make physical relation with my wife but she is nothing special for it. Kindly tell me the any sex medicine name which I give her and then her heart will some special for it.
With Diwali, the festival of lights, the festive spirit associated with the joyous occasion can be felt in the air. Do you know what else can be felt in the air as well? Pollution! There is a startling increase in the pollution level due to the burning of firecrackers. Apart from the new clothes, sweets and being with our loved ones, the crackers are an inseparable part of Diwali. So know how you can stay safe while having the best time of your life?
Suspended particulate matter
Innumerable tiny particles called the suspended particulate matter are found in the air that we breathe. The amount of SPM found in the air determines the level of air pollution. While the safe level of particulate matter is 100 per cubic meter, many Indian cities report a level of around 1600 which is 14 times higher than what is considered safe.
The suspended particulate matter can cause severe respiratory diseases since they can stick to the sides of the airway and travel deep into the lungs. The particulate matter less than 2.5 microns in diameter called the PM 2.5 can get deep into that portion of the lungs where gas exchange between inhaled air and the bloodstream occurs. These particles are quite dangerous because they travel to the alveolar portion of the lungs which does not have an efficient means to remove the particles from the passage. Moreover, if the particles are water soluble, then they will eventually pass into the bloodstream.
Decrease in lung function
PM 2.5 can cause aggravation of respiratory and cardiovascular diseases while also causing premature death. The pollution level rises to a great extent during Diwali when firecrackers are burnt, and this gives the PM 2.5 level a big shoot up. People generally develop chronic bronchitis and decreased lung function among other respiratory problems.
The gaseous particles released as a result of burning firecrackers tend to stay suspended in the air. The smaller particles stay suspended for days or weeks and travel farther while the bigger particles known as PM 10 stay suspended in the air for minutes or hours. While PM 2.5 particles travel for hundreds of miles, the PM 10 particles usually travel within a range of 100 yards to 30 miles.
Blockage in the lungs
While inhaling, the particles present in the air enter through our respiratory tract into our lungs. While PM 2.5 is small and passes into our bloodstreams, the larger PM 10 particles get stuck at the sides and the narrow passages of the lungs. Also, some people have the habit of breathing through their mouth. This allows much more particles to enter easily into the deepest portions of your lungs.
Know how you can cope with it
While you enjoy the festive spirit, it is also important to avoid any long-term health issues. So, apart from the time you are into lighting crackers, follow these simple steps to be safe while having fun.
- When you are on the road travel while wearing a face mask, preferably N95 respirator and roll up your car’s windows.
- You can also check the air quality index in your neighborhood before stepping out to be sure.
- It is advised not to exercise outdoors for a few days since the SPM will be high during and after Diwali.
- Do not let children play outdoors for long hours.
- Taking garlic and vitamin C rich foods will improve your immune system which can help cope with the situation.
- If you have any chronic pulmonary diseases such as asthma, additional care needs to be exercised so that the condition does not worsen.
So, this 2017, have a happy and lung-friendly Diwali! Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Trying to conceive 3 years. 4 cysts only. I am having pcos. I will get periods 45 to 50 days only, my body weight is 120. I dropped down to 103 kg within 3 months through intermittent fasting, now am getting periods 17 days once. Why? Is it normal? Why sudden big change in my cycle?
One of the most common physically transmitted diseases is chlamydia. Chlamydia is a type of infection caused by the bacteria "Chlamydia trachomatis". The symptoms of Chlamydia are similar to the symptoms of Gonorrhoea (a bacterial sexually transmitted infection). Chlamydia infection causes permanent fallopian tube damage in women, leads to future ectopic pregnancy (the fertilised egg attaches itself outside the uterus) and infertility.
Symptoms of Chlamydia:
Men and women afflicted with chlamydia exhibit different symptoms.
The symptoms of chlamydia in women include:
- Abnormal, sometimes foul-smelling, vaginal discharge
- Bleeding between menstrual cycles
- Painful periods
- Abdominal pain, accompanied with fever
- Pain during intercourse
- Burning or itching around or in the vagina
- Painful urination
Men usually display the following symptoms if they have chlamydia:
- Minimal amounts of cloudy or clear discharge from the head of the penis
- Painful urination
- Itching and burning around the slit of the penis
- Swollen and painful testicles
Treatment options available:
- Chlamydia is diagnosed by taking a swab from the cervix (in women) or the urethra (in men). These swabs will be sent to the laboratory for analysis. Urine samples can also be taken to check for the appearance of bacteria.
- Since chlamydia is a bacterial infection, it can be easily treated with antibiotics. Oral antibiotics such as azithromycin or doxycycline are commonly prescribed by doctors. Azithromycin is usually prescribed in a large, single dose. The dose may also be stretched out for five days. Doxycycline is taken two times daily for a week.
- With the right antibiotic therapy, the infection will clear up in 1 to 2 weeks approximately. It is very important that you finish the medication course if you wish you heal completely without having to suffer from further bouts of this disorder.
- Women with critical chlamydia may need hospitalisation, pain medicine and IV (intravenous, or directly through the vein) antibiotics. Pregnant women with chlamydia infection can be safely cured with antibiotic such as erythromycin ethylsuccinate, amoxicillin and azithromycin.
Your partner needs testing and treatment as well to avoid further spread and reinfection. It is vital not to engage in any sexual activity while the treatment is ongoing. A further retest should be done three months later to make sure the infection is rectified. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Pregnancy is not simple as you think. IVF is a result of various factors acting together. The most important requirements for an IVF to be successful are a functional sperm, healthy egg and a uterus that has the capability for the embryo to get implanted in it. Although these are the biological factors, there are several other technical factors too that contribute to the success of IVF.
These include the use of proper techniques, a clean and proper environment in the lab and the quality of the specialist. Only when all these factors are perfect and unquestionable that IVF becomes successful. Here are some of the factors that lead to IVF failure.
Abnormalities in the egg: The human egg has a tendency to get destroyed with time. It is because in women, with age the spindle apparatus is damaged which leads to unequal distribution of the chromosomes in the egg. Thus the eggs become abnormal. Another reason is that the oocyte is very sensitive. It easily gets affected by the presence of free radicals. Even the presence of reactive species of oxygen can lead to a damage of the oocyte. Not only this, but other metabolic products also create the same effect on the oocyte thus producing a non-viable embryo. According to a research, a huge number of oocyte ranging from 25 to 40% usually get damaged.
Abnormalities in the sperm: The sperm has various characteristics that add to the success of the IVF. The first and foremost thing is the sperm has specific receptors at its head because of which they can bind to the egg. If the receptors are not present the action of binding would not be possible and the sperm would be unsuccessful to fertilize the egg. Even if the sperms have bound properly and have injected its contents into the egg, a chromosomal mixing takes place at this stage. This chromosomal mixing would not be possible if the sperm is abnormal. And it has been proven that sperms have a tendency of being more genetically abnormal than eggs.
The wrong Embryo being selected: Sometimes IVF ends up as a failure due to the selection of the wrong embryo. Medical science has still not developed to that range where it can distinguish between and abnormal and a normal embryo and due to this very reason the embryo selected may turn out to be abnormal leading to the failure of IVF.
Apart from what has been mentioned above, lab conditions do play a very important role. If the pH, humidity, and other factors like light are not up to the mark then IVF is bound to be a failure. Fertilization being such a delicate process can be influenced even by the slightest alterations. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.