Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Naveen BansalYour feedback matters!
Hi Dr. my baby 7 months old. Suffering with cough from todays. We r using ambrodil-s syrup with 1 ml dosage. Is it ok?
Hi Doctor, My daughter is 22 months old. I have a question over her diet. As summers are at peak, my baby is not eating or drinking any thing, she only takes Lactogen- Stage 4, which is a cause of worry for me. She is becoming very weak now a days. As she is not eating properly, she is getting irritated and crying all the time. I request your help to get a solution for her healthy diet during summers. Thank You!
My daughter is 8 years old and reads in class 2, her problem is se cannot remember her lessons. Does this have any remedy.
Dear Doctors, My younger daughter is 8 years old, suffers occasionally from cluster sneezing (sneezes upto 5 times in one go many times everyday especially in the mornings.
My 3 and half months baby got vaccinated with pentavac 4 days back. But there is a hard swell, Abscess formation and reddish look around the vaccinated area. What to do and what may be the reason. Does this cause problem to the leg after growth.
If child is between 10-12 years and does not take or avoid food what step or precaution to be taken for the same.
A 4 years old child having less haemoglobin 8. How to increase suffering from slight themoslamiya also. Please suggest.
Sleep is the most important aspect for a healthy beign, but for kids it is of utmost priority. Lack of sleep can often have a negative impact on the brain funtioning of kids along with accidents. Listed below are the major sleep disorders in children along with their causative factors:
1. Sleepwalking: It is not uncommon for children under the age of 10 to sleep walk. Despite being harmless on its own, the effects of sleep walking can be dangerous such as stepping outdoors or hurting themselves during sleep. If the child runs into objects while sleep walking, they might wake up and hence further worsen the situation.
2. Nightmares: They might be general or result from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Nightmares, if frequent, can make falling asleep a tedious task. Nightmares in children are common and they usually begin to reduce in frequency by 9 years of age.
3. Obstructive sleep apnea: Snoring might be the result of improper respiration while sleeping and while it isn’t a cause of worry, regular snoring might lead to insufficient oxygen during sleep, thus making shut eye a challenge. It might be hereditary or the result of a deviated nasal septum or blocked nose. The snoring might hamper the quality of sleep.
4. Bedwetting: This is something most children experience, but usually grow out of by the time they turn six. It doesn’t need to be a cause of concern unless the frequency doesn’t reduce over time and more than two instances of bedwetting take place in a week.
5. Insomnia in children: It can be due to a host of factors and coping with changes to their normal lifestyle is one of the biggest triggers. Mental disorders such as anxiety and stress due to a variety of reasons (like the death of a loved one) may also be the cause of distress and lead to troubled or incomplete sleep.
6. Excessive daytime sleepiness: Excess naps throughout the day, always feeling lethargic or experiencing trouble waking up in the morning may be symptomatic of EDS. It isn’t uncommon in adults either wherein despite apparent proper sleep; energy levels seem to be low throughout the day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Hi my son is Situs inverses totalis .And he had aspiration pneumonia on his 2nd day of birth .He was given treatment in Rainbow hospital Hyderabad. Now he is 4 months old. And his growth is normal. He caughs too much during night time and vomits frequently . His activities are quite natural .We are worried about his caught and he gets frequent cold. Please advice.
Hi. My son is now 2 year old in april. I have 2 son. Mera big son jab 1 year ka tha to main pregnant thi. During pregnancy v maine use apna feed karaya. Uske baad use heavy constipation ho gya h.potty karne m use bahut pareshani hoti h.avi 15 days usne. Normal potty kiya tha. Kuch dino se wo bahut chirchira sa ho gaya h.or baar bar wo apna tummy or naavi chukar batata h shayad use waha oain ho rha ho to isliye use Dr. K pass le gyi to Dr. Ne anti worm or kuch medicines suggest kiya. To maine usi raat use diya. Use aaj tak anti worm nhi diya tha use 20 march ko anti worm ka medicine diya. Phir se use potty nhi hone laga. Aaj uska kafi tight v lag rha h.kya use koi bimari ho gyi h.or kya during pregnancy jo doodh pilaya wo kharab tha. Kyu nhi pilana chahiye during pregancy .iske kya side effects h.mujhe kya karna chahiye kon sa test karwana chahiye? Uske body me blood v kam h. 10. 00gm/dl h.pls !answer soon .kaisa mera baby healthy hoga.
Hi First baby aborted. Some reasons After six months we planned and got pregnant but at the second of scanning doctors detect the baby was not growing so refer for d&c. Is it possible to born a baby suggest me. Very emotional moment.
My child baby girl aged 2.6 weight is 11 kg. But her birth weight was 1.6kg. She is 32 week born. Is her weight is Ok according to her age. And now she started going pre- school and usually caught by cold n cough. Sometimes with fever and without fever. Her cough (not dry) persist for 8 - 9 days. What extra supplements and food should I give to her?
In the day and age where technology turns your child into a couch potato, introducing fitness into his/her life can be a real challenge. These trends have slowly given rise to obesity, diabetes and high blood pressure in children- diseases that they were never touched by. So it is very important to introduce fitness into your child’s life, now more than ever.
1. Get involved: It is known that children learn more by example than by instruction. Do fun activities yourself like swimming, playing basketball, going on long walks and take your child along with you. Start small, by doing this at least once a week, and then increase gradually. Not only will this encourage your child to be more fit, it will also create a deeper bond between the two of you.
2. Introduce fun activities: Structured activities such as a sport are great ways of introducing your child to fitness. Enrol your child for some routine sport classes, particularly team sport. This way your child learns essential values such as team spirit, fair play, competition and practice. Plus, it’s a great way to stay in shape.
3. Make exercising fashionable: Children these days are fond of doing things that are ‘in’. Some may want to swing the bat like Dhoni, while others may be more interested in learning Hrithik Roshan’s dance moves. Let your child decide what he wants do according to his style. Celebrity examples can act as motivation.
4. Use fitness as a reward: If you just force your child to go out and play, then chances are you’d be giving rise to resentment and resistance. Don’t use exercise as punishment, make it a reward instead. For instance, treat your child to a break from homework by encouraging him to play ball for half an hour. This strategy might make him/her enjoy the physical activity to the fullest.
5. Let your child take charge: Allow your child to decide what he wants to do in the hours after school rather than you deciding it for him/her. He may decide to cycle, go on a hike, and go for a long run. Letting him/her decide, give away the control over the situation to make him/her more inclined to follow a routine. For younger children it is best for you rationalize their choices.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Bitter gourd falls into the group of other vegetables which possess high amount of moisture. Due to its high moisture content, these vegetables are highly perishable. They contribute to high amount fiber than any other nutrients. Small bitter gourd is more nutritious than the bigger one.
There are lot of health beneficial known for the intake of bitter gourd. It has good medicinal properties that it is used in treating fever, colic, burns, chronic cough in painful manifestation of skin condition. The extract of bitter gourd helps in killing the breast cancer cells. Consuming more than 2 melons/ day may often lead to diarrhea.
There are certain evidences that consumption of bitter gourd in any form in one's daily menu, may result in the prevention or control of diabetes. The key elements in the vegetable helps in the treatment of diabetes. The key elements which showcase the anti diabetic property of this vegetable include
Charantin helps in lowering the blood glucose level. Vicine is a insulin like compound known as polypeptide p. Lectin, reduces the blood glucose level by suppressing the appetite and making the stored glucose to be used up by the body. The mechanism behind the activity is that it reduces the amount of glucose by inhibiting the enzymes that breakdown the disaccharides to monosaccharide.
Thus whatsoever the vegetable is, daily consumption always have beneficial effects to the body. Hence, increase your consumption and stays healthy.