Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Naveen BansalYour feedback matters!
How to handling my child in health and food and all kind of life and tell me how to take care my wife health after born baby.
My baby is of two month. Before also my milk supply was low. Now it finished. My baby do not want to suck. How to increase my milk supply.
Hi. My wife is 27 years old. We had baby a year ago and she is doing breastfeeding since then, her health is falling gradually. As she is eating regular food and taking iron- folic acid tablets. Due to breastfeeding her breast is getting really loose. What she should do to regain her health and firm breast?
I have" 4" month's daughter. (girl baby) She have normal fever & loose motion due to winter. Pls tell me medicine for girl baby.
My 1.5 year son awake after every hour at night. He started crying alot and when he cry he holds his legs. M not understanding the reason. In day time he sleeps soundly. Please tell me wat can be the reason.
Which baby doesn't spit up their food! This is usually not a reason to worry, but if this spitting up is chronic and is accompanied by other symptoms it is known as Gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD. Severe GERD can cause weight loss and breathing problems and thus, should not be ignored.
Reflux occurs when food is pushed out of the stomach and back up the esophagus. This is usually because the digestive system in babies is not yet fully developed. Vomiting often during the day is one of the most common symptoms of GERD. Other symptoms include:
- A persistent cough
- Choking or gagging while eating
- Refusing to eat
- Crying while feeding
- Pain in the stomach
Most cases of GERD can be diagnosed by its symptoms and a look at the baby's medical history. In some cases, additional tests may be required, such as:
- Barium swallow: The child is given a chalky substance to drink. This highlights the esophagus, stomach and upper part of the small intestines in a special X-ray. It is used to check if there are any blockages in the digestive system.
- pH probe: A long, thin tube with a probe at one end is put down the child's throat. This is kept in the esophagus for 24 hours. The probe measures the levels of acidity in the stomach. This test is usually done when the child complains of breathing problems along with reflux.
- Upper GI endoscopy: Here the doctor puts a thin, flexible tube down the child's throat. At one end of the tube is a camera that allows the doctor to look into the esophagus, stomach and small intestine.
- Gastric emptying study: One of the causes of reflux is the slow emptying of the stomach. To check this, the doctor will mix a radioactive chemical with the baby's milk that allows a special camera to follow its path down the digestive system.
In most cases, GERD can be treated by making a few lifestyle changes. Some of these are:
- Raise the head of the baby's crib
- After feeding the baby, do not let him lie down, but hold him upright for half an hour or so.
- Change his feeding schedule
- Ask your doctor if you can try giving him solid food. Else, check if you can thicken his feed with cereal.
- Make the baby burp after feeding
Most infants outgrow this condition within a year, so do not stress yourself and enjoy life with your baby.
My grand daughter is 4 & half months old. Her birth weight was 1.680 kgs only. Now she weighs 5.500 kgs. She is not being breast feed, & is presently on nanpro 1. She is having problem of mood irritation & shows fear signs from generally medium to light sounds. It looks like she is having problems of the extreme climatic conditions with mercury rising above 42 degree. Can we start giving her ro water, in addition to powdered milk. Kindly also suggest other remedies.
Bacho ko masquto net ghar mai use karsaktai hai per baher odomas lagana padhta hai creme lagane se skin damge hoti hai KyA doctor.
Kya broncomalacia ka ilaaj hai agar baby 2 month ka hota hai agar hai to kya hai wo ventilator par how to.
My son is 33 months old and he is not eating well, and he weigh 10, 2 kgs. Please give me some suggestions for him to get on.
Hi doctor I have given swin flu vaccine to my 3.2 years old son for first time because he always suffer from cold and cough, some time he starts wheezing. First shot was given on 21 feb 2015 and second in the month of 19 march 2015. After this second vaccine, after 3 days started coming rashes on his thighs. And remain for 2 months after giving allegro syrup. I want to ask you this rashes started coming because of swine flu vaccine or not. Please answer me and make me grateful.
Exclusive breastfeeding should be a rule for a baby till completed 6 months of age.
This means the child should be provided only breast milk for hunger and thirst till that age.
The only exception is medicines and supplements prescribed by child specialist.
If the mother feels child's requirement is not fulfilled, the opinion of doctors should be taken immediately.