Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Naveen AtalYour feedback matters!
I am 56 old male suffering from diabetes pl give me daily chart so that I can leave remaining life comfortably.
There are little itchy reddish pappules appearing in my penile head, when I use anti histamine ir disappears soon and again after some time it reappears. I got checked for HIV AND VDRL, results are negative, how can I overcome this problem and there is dark grey colour material is forming in that.
Nose problem last 3day and I had also taken tha all medicine but no any medicine gave me relived so what should I do?
I was having cough and cold with throat pain 2 weeks ago and now cough has come back then I was given olybact 200 and nt cold now it doesn't seem to be the same cough what should I do or take.
Suffering from urine infection (PUS cells 30-35) regularly what are the reasons and what should I do to control it, is it dangerous.
I need some exercise on premature ejaculation. Also is there any aurbedic or home made treatment for this. And also tell me after about how many days I will get result.
Having sex with a girl at any time without any protection make her pregnant to make a women pregnant does she has to be in her periods day or even I her normal she can get pregnant.
Meri mom Ko migraine ki prob. H, week me 2/3 baar headache ho jaataa h, homeopathy ki medicine bhi chal rahi h but usse kuch ni hotaa, face PR swalling bhi ho jaati h.
I have been facing issue of runny nose since last week. Specifically whenever I come in AC, I start sneezing, running nose which further leads to itchy throat.
I am 24 years old male. I got a blister on the lower left part of my lip after oral sex with my girlfriend. It is painful and there is some swelling. How can we deal with this? Is it herpes? Are we both infected? Thank you.
Sir I am facing problem with piles. Recently I gone through surgery, everything is fine but from 2 days back blood is coming through motion and with toilet also is there any chance of getting prostate. My age is 24.
I had tuberculosis pleural effusion (lungs) in 2012 April and few litres of fluid taken out from lungs, had undergone medicines for 10 months and fully recovered, but im scared that is there any chance to get affected again as a continuity?
In my head dandruff. It is frizz in my head some time later. I will try various shampoo but they not relief. Give the solution hoe can reduce my dandruff.
For people recovering from a back surgery, constipation is quite common and causes discomfort or pain. There are several aspects of a back surgery which may lead to constipation. They include anaesthesia, changes in diet, stress and the use of some pain relieving medicines.
- The symptoms of constipation are:
- Pain and bloating in the abdomen.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Hard stools and the inability of bowel movement.
Ways to prevent constipation:
Here are several simple ways by which you can prevent or minimize pain or discomfort due to constipation after a back surgery.
- You should increase your daily activities as early as possible after a back surgery. You should walk regularly.
- You must reduce the use of narcotic medicines and use only what is needed for controlling pain. Narcotic medicines slow bowel movement and cause constipation. Use non-narcotic pain relieving medicines to prevent constipation.
- You can use fiber laxatives, stool softeners or combination products after a back surgery to prevent constipation.
- Drinking a lot of water and non caffeinated fluids is very important. You should also have apple cider juice and prune juice, which are effective natural laxatives.
- You should eat natural fiber-rich food for intestinal stimulation. These include whole grains, cereals, fresh fruits and vegetables. It is best to avoid cheese, meat and processed food. Instead of large meals, you must have frequent, small meals throughout the day.
Medicines for constipation:
Non prescription medicines can be taken for preventing or treating constipation after a back surgery.
Here is a list of some effective medicines that relieve constipation:
- Bulk fiber laxatives, which add bulk to stool and encourage water to stay in the colon. These medicines need up to three days to show effect.
- Stool softeners or emollient laxatives help in softening stool by making fluids mix with them.
- Stimulant laxatives take action by stimulation of bowel contractions for moving stool out. They are effective and start working very quickly.
- Combination laxatives perform the functions of laxatives and stool softeners together.
- Suppositories also perform the dual function of stool softening and acting as laxatives. The colon gets contracted, and stool is pushed out and as the stool gets softer, it can pass easily.
- Enemas perform the function of bowel movement stimulation. Liquids are injected into the rectum, up into the colon. This stimulates the colon, and stool is passed.
Constipation occurs commonly in patients after undergoing a back surgery. This may cause utter discomfort and pain. You should take proper precautions and remedies in case of constipation after a back surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.