Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Naved Ali KhanYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old, and I am suffering from gums bleeding from last so many years (approx 7-8 years). My teeth are also yellow in color.
Hello doctor I am Rakesh I am 30 yrs old man n I have suffering from cavity problem so what should I do.
You may not look forward to a dental examination, but you can't avoid it. A dental checkup every six months is crucial to your dental health and to maintain that beautiful smile. Skipping a dental checkup may save you time and a little discomfort now, but can cost you much more pain, time and money in the long run.
Here are 6 reasons to maintain a regular dental check up schedule:
- Fight Cavities: A clean up is a big part of a dental examination. No matter how well you brush and floss, there will always be spots that you miss out on. With time, plaque and tartar can build up in these spots leading to cavities if not addressed in time. The worst part about cavities is that you can feel them only once the tooth has been damaged. Thus, if you skip your dental examination, you may need a filling instead of a simple cleaning.
- Prevent gum disease: Plaque and tartar affect not only your teeth, but your gums as well leading to diseases like gingivitis and periodontitis. These are marked by shrinking of the gums that makes teeth sockets loose and eventually lead to tooth loss. Gum disease treatment can be very painful and expensive hence it is best to get plaque and tartar cleaned regularly before they begin to cause a problem.
- A brighter smile: Your daily cup of coffee or tea can stain your teeth with time. Wine and cigarettes also contribute towards making your teeth look dull. A professional dental cleaning can help remove these stains and give you a brighter smile.
- Find hidden problems: X rays are also an important part of a dental examination. An X-ray can detect problems that lie under the surface like misaligned teeth, bone decay, tumors and cysts. These problems rarely show any symptoms in their early stages and hence without an X-ray you would have to wait for it to advance to a more painful stage before seeking treatment.
- Boost overall health: Regular dental checkups can also lower your risk for heart disease and stroke. In addition to checking your mouth, a dentist will also check neck, jaw and lymph nodes during a regular check up for swelling and other abnormalities. This can help in the early detection and treatment of a number of diseases.
- Detect oral cancer: Oral cancer is easily treatable if diagnosed in its early stages. However, the only way to diagnose this correctly is by visiting the dentist. A test for oral cancer is pain free and takes hardly any time.
So, think about it. Visiting the dentist may make you a little uncomfortable but in the long run is well worth.
How to stop the foul smell of mouth. It really smell bad. Some time. Sir plss suggest me something..
I get blood from my tooth gums when I get up in the morning and these days during the day feeling odd to speak to anyone, as it smells.
Using tooth picks
The worst habit you could possibly have when you have food lodgement in the mouth is using a tooth pick to get rid of it. We often try and use this as an acceptable habit even socially but few things are grosser than watching people pick out food bits after meals. If you have a cavity get it fixed. We have numerous cases where the toothpicks have either injured the gums and caused a larger infection or even worse broken in the cavity and triggered of even more pain. So stay safe from dental emergencies do not use tooth picks! while it's important to prevent food lodgement in the mouth and keep your mouth clean use things like brushes interdental brushes and floss sticks or dentists to help you do the same without harming you!
Using a hard or medium brush.
The oldest myth we have seen is brushing your teeth with a hard or medium brush. Please terminate this habit right away ensure you switch to a soft brush at the earliest.
We do not need more teeth ruined or worn off due to overzealous brushing. We see cases with the entire left side worn down and sensitive and I can tell the person is a right handed vigorous brusher. The softer the brush the better it bends and cleans between teeth as well. The gums also recede due to repeated trauma from the hard bristles so save your mouth from these constant attacks in the name of cleaning.
Scrubbing your teeth
The same principle applies when you switch from a hard to soft or extra soft brush don't apply so much pressure that the teeth and gums are still braving the injury.
You need to brush gently as though cleaning glass the force being minimum the reach and coverage being maximum!
So scrubbing is a habit we need to stop.
Not brushing at night
One of the best things we can do to avoid the dentist or any dental troubles is brushing at night. When it comes to cleaning your teeth frequency matters more than force. Ensuring you clean every 12 hours makes bacterial attacks that cause decay inactive so whenever we skip brushing at night we may not realise but it's definitely costing us.
The first sign of dental pain and we instinctively choose to ignore it hoping it will go away and if it doesn't we want to go ahead and pop a painkiller till it does. Masking the problem will actually make it bigger -while we all know this we prefer to accept the instant relief the medication provides over the tedious dental visit that may end with bad news. But imagine if we had gone at the very first sign of trouble most likely we would get away with a dental cleaning -the later we go the more often we need to go for extensive treatments.
Let's try and muster the courage to nip these problems in the bud -a habit to develop show up at the very first sign of trouble.
Do it yourself dentistry (diy) at home
We have all been our own dentists at some point!
From self medication to oral applications and home remedies when all else fails we make an appointment.
A few things are harmful and should be used with care when attempting our own dental care.
We recommend mild things like oral rinses or applications which relieve pain but do not use aspirin or any other pain killer to crush and put in the site, that can cause burns.
Also clove oil is a safe remedy but not cloves which can be sharp and hurt your cheek.
Do not try to remove shaking teeth or attempt any procedures the bleeding can be profuse and the damage severe.
In case of trauma ice to freeze the blows and water to clean the wound will work best.
In the age of technology and information let's not fall prey to easily avoidable dental habits that harm you more than they help you.
Write to us or call us at 9209200024 if you have any queries.