Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Natraj Oberoi
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Natraj OberoiYour feedback matters!
Iamm having severe backache due to prolonged sitting may be due to wrong posture. Pain is radiating. Can I take combiflam. I am 45 years old lady. What precautions should I follow.
Runner's knee is a painful condition that is usually encountered by athletes who indulge in varied exercises like running, jumping, walking, biking and more, on a regular or professional basis. The kneecap is a region that gets affected with aches and pain when a person is suffering from Runner's knee. This condition can occur due to a fall or constant bending of the knee, which can lead to misalignment of the knee joints and knee cap. Also, weak muscles and lack of balance during physical activities can add to the risk of contracting this condition.
Here's how you can deal with it.
- Give it Rest: Literally! Suffering from Runner's knee could also mean that your body is trying to ask you to slow down. Wear and tear from excessive levels of physical activity can lead to Runner's knee, and in such cases, the best way to come back to peak physical form is to take some rest so that the knee is free of activity and consequent pain until it is ready to take on exercise again.
- The Only Way is 'Up': When you are suffering from pain in the region behind and around the knee cap due to Runner's knee, the best way to alleviate the pain is to place your knee in an elevated position. Get yourself some comfortable cushions and pile a few of them up before placing your knee on top. This position will give support even as blood circulation increases and inflammation, if any, decreases.
- Anti-inflammation Medication: See your doctor for chronic Runner's knee and find out if you are suffering from inflammation which may require the help of medication. This medication can bring down and gradually eliminate the inflammation or swelling, to give you relief from the pain. Remember to check for side effects before you take these medicines, though.
- Strengthening Exercises: A sure shot way of dealing with chronic pain is to do some muscle strengthening exercises as prescribed by your orthopaedic specialist or a physiotherapist. Doing these exercises will give your muscles the strength to support your knees in a better way while you indulge in athletic activities. Remember to substantiate these exercises with a calcium and protein rich diet as well.
- Cold Compress: In case you have had a fall or suffered an injury which has led to Runner's knee, you can make use of a cold compress or an ice pack to relieve the pain for some time. Ice is a well-known treatment for acute and sudden pain.
Runner's knee is a condition that needs care, rest, and medication if it is persistent. If these methods do not help, you should consult a doctor for scans and tests.
My wife is suffering from arthritis since last 7 years and got joint pan and swelling in hand finger as well both legs.Pls. Suggest best doctor for treatment.
Dear Doctors, I have frequent pain knee joints and feet. More or less I can say whole legs and getting feeling that my bones are getting week. Two months back I was diagnosed with critical deficiency of vitamin d and b12 post which I took b12 injections and one D3 injection and I am also taking shelcal 1250 mg tablet. I took test today both b12 and vitamin d3 are fine now but I still have pain in joints.
I have a problem of bone of my right leg and right hand some time not working and due to calcium it is become weak.
Back thigh muscles paining very badly, can not stretch legs properly. Used moov on it but no relief. Due to this pain all joints of this are paining. Kindly suggest remedy for it.
I have sciatica problem from past 1 yr. Can we solve it completely? I am under physiotherapy medication it helps me to control pain but I wanted to cure it fully, can anyone suggest me.
The ankle, despite being one of the smaller joints, plays a crucial role as it bears the brunt of a person’s weight. Due to improper gait or injuries, the ankle often gets sprained. This can be a recurring problem in older people. Therefore, over a period of time, the ankle gets unstable and can cause chronic symptoms including pain, imbalance resulting in recurrent falls. Read on to know more about some causes, symptoms, and management techniques for ankle instability.
Causes: The ankle has ligaments which stretch to allow for ankle movement. When this ligament stretches beyond the limit, then it can tear or stretch. Therefore, sportspersons like basketball and football players, gymnasts who tend to use their ankle a lot are at a much higher risk of developing ankle instability over a period of time.
Symptoms: The most common symptom of ankle instability is when a person is unable to stand firm. This pain is worse in people wearing heels or walking on uneven ground. Patients may experience swelling, stiffness, and excruciating pain.
Management: Ankle instability is an acute problem but the recovery time is limited too, so the symptoms disappear over a period of time. However, in some people, especially sportspersons, it may lead to a chronic condition which needs immediate attention. Few remedies for getting relief from ankle pain are mentioned below:
- Ice: For pain relief, icing the ankle is an excellent option. Applying a cold pack for about 10 to 15 minutes about 2 to 4 times per day is an effective way to relieve the pain, stiffness, and swelling.
- Rest: Ligament injuries often heal on their own, and sportspersons may be advised to stay off of the game for about a week or two, to give it time for self-repair.
- Compresses: Using an elastic wrap or compression ice wrap for a few hours can help in relieving ankle instability.
- Pain killers: Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen can help in reducing both the inflammation and pain from the ankle injury.
- Exercise: Increasing the strength and flexibility of the ankle via exercise is a great way to reduce chances of further sprain. Rotating the ankles, standing on one leg, etc., are some effective ways to do this.
- Surgery: If none of the above-mentioned remedies work, a surgery may be required which is only in severe and/or chronic cases.
Ankle instability is quite common but is equally easy to manage. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!