Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Narinder Vaziraney
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Narinder VaziraneyYour feedback matters!
Hi My skin becomes dry after every bath. My skin fairness is also getting reduced. I need some tips to increase fairness and get supple skin.
I have had rashes between my thighs before but once they are cured I now have dark skin between my thighs please suggest a cream to whiten the skin or any other remedy.
I have very tiny and under skin blackheads on my nose. Use of scrub is useless, they doesn't help. Please tell me very effective and safe product that I can use directly on my nose and also suggest some home remedy for it. I have a sensitive skin. How can I shrink my pores which is the culprit for my blackheads.
I am 18 Yeats old boy. I have skin problem. I have too many pimples on my face, I have tried too many skin care, pimple remover cream but it dsnt work. What should I do now for treat this?
The hands get exposed to the various irritating situation and substances each day. This peeled skin causes rough or scraggly cuticles which can lead to various infections if any bacteria enter through this cracked skin. Hence, it is equally important to take care of this skin area.
What Can Be The Cause Of It?
The most common causes which can lead to skin peeling are as follows:
- Allergic Reactions: Exposure to various skin irritants, such as nail polish, soapy water, nickel, latex, solvents, and detergents are the major causes of the skin peeling in women.
- Nail biting: Nail biting can make skin cuticles, and nails ill. These damaged cuticles can result in a skin infection. It is one of the causes of peeling skin in children and nervous adults.
- Finger or thumb sucking: A persistent habit of a finger or thumb sucking causes dry skin and leads to peeling. Hence, it is also commonly seen in an infant or toddler.
- Nutritional deficiency: Vitamin or calcium deficiency is also the cause of peeling skin around nails. The deficiency of these minerals only causes dryness of skin and makes it prone to flake and peel off. The deficiency of vitamin B-3 (niacin) results in pellagra where dry skin or dermatitis is associated with the development of diarrhea and dementia.
- Due to various skin diseases: Various skin diseases also cause skin peeling around the nails. Psoriasis, eczema, and dyshidrosis are the most common cause of it. Eczema is an inflammation of the skin which results in dry, and itchy skin which ultimately leads to skin peeling whereas psoriasis targets the life cycle of the skin cells, and causes a rapid buildup of cells on the surface of their skin, leading to the formation of patches, and scales. Dyshidrosis is a rare skin problem in which fluid-filled blisters are formed on sides of the fingers which can also lead to skin peeling around nails.
- Chronic infection: Chronic infection, such as bacterial or fungal infection (caused by moisture) can also lead to the peeling of skin around the cuticle.
- Excessive hand washing: Washing hands with soap frequently can hamper the lipid barrier of skin which can cause the soap to absorb into sensitive layers of skin, leading to irritation, and peeling.
- Using products with harsh chemicals: Certain chemicals added to soaps, shampoos, and other beauty products may cause skin irritation and peel off the skin around the fingertips. Finger skin peeling due to all these reasons is more commonly seen in beauticians, maids etc.
- Weather changes: Dry climate or winter season can often lead to dry, cracked, and peeling skin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!