Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Narin Sehgal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Narin SehgalYour feedback matters!
I am having moles. Black and red as well suddenly all over the body especially on my face. What should I do to remove them?
Hey my age 21 I want to say that ki I have many black marks left on my face after pimples I used many methods to remove black marks but I they were not working so kindly tell me what remedy I use to remove black marks on my face?
Black spots have been appearing on my face from the last couple of weeks. How to remove these black spots quickly. Please help me.
Any one tell me? The best face wash of my skin. I have used many face wash. But no good result. Please tell me a best facewash. My skin is small black.
It is perhaps impossible to find a woman who doesn’t imagine her face without the freckles when she looks into the mirror. Though they may be called 'kisses from the sun', every woman would love to kiss those freckles goodbye. With many advances in cosmetic procedures, the good news is that you can completely get rid of your freckles and say hello to a perfect face. Read on to know more about what freckles are and how they can be managed.
What are they?
The skin contains a pigment called melanin which is responsible for the skin color. So, higher the melanin concentration, darker will be the complexion. In some people, however, based on genetic background, there can be areas of concentrated melanin deposits which become visible in an unbecoming manner, especially in fair complexioned people. These deposits are known as freckles or ephelis, which appear as light brown or flat black spots. The freckle formation is aggravated by exposure to sun, especially before the age of 18, and can be dormant during winter months. Exposure to UV-B light in particular has shown to increase melanin formation, making the freckles more prominent and darker. Though found usually on the face, areas like the neck, shoulder, and hands can also be affected – completely depending on sun exposure.
How to get rid of them?
Treatment is a two-pronged approach for freckles that is prevention and treatment. As mentioned above, freckles have a direct correlation to sun exposure. Avoiding sun and using maximum sun protection is the best way to avoid freckles, if you have a genetic predisposition. Avoid going out in the sun without using sun protection. A good sunscreen lotion with an SPF of at least 20, a wide-brimmed hat, a scarf, sunglasses are all essential when you head outside.
If the damage is already done, then laser treatments are a great way to deal with freckles. Here is how it works:
- After thoroughly cleansing the face, the eyes are covered and a thin layer of cooling gel is applied on the face.
- The face is cooled by using a cooling device. A laser light is then applied in a series of short pulses on specific areas of skin where freckles are concentrated.
- The melanin deposits in the freckles then break down without affecting the surrounding area.
- A post-treatment laser cream and sunblock is then applied, and the entire procedure does not take more than 45 minutes.
The success rate of treating freckles with laser is quite high, leading to a freckle free face within a few months. Multiple sessions may be required depending on the age of the freckles, the size, the type and the color. Darker freckles will require more intense therapy naturally. In most people, 4 to 5 sessions with break of 3 to 4 weeks in between are generally required. Talk to your dermatologist today to find out if your freckles can be vanquished using this magical beam of light.
Eczema is a skin condition marked by eruptions that are often pus filled boils and can be of many kinds. One of the kinds of eczema is also known as Atopic Dermatitis. Before treating Atopic Eczema it is always good to take an opinion of a Dermatologist, as the skin of Atopic patients is sensitive and not all home remedies may suit everyone. It is known to aggravate during cold and biting months of winter and can lead to dryness and scaly patches. It is commonly found in patients who are young children and babies.
The flare up can also relapse again. Reddish brown patches and oozing boils characterize this skin ailment. It is mostly found on the face, scalp, knees and elbows. Let us look at the natural ways in which it can be treated effectively.
1. Oil Massages: Atopic Eczema is usually characterized by severe dryness which can be fixed with the help of coconut oil and olive oil massages. Sunflower seed oil and others like camomile, chickweed, licorice and thyme can help in bringing down the inflammation by soothing the area and removing the dryness to a great extent. These oils also have anti bacterial properties which can help in treating the eczema in an efficient manner. Further, green tea, primrose oil, aromatherapy and other such methods can also be used to soothe the skin and treat the condition.
2. Probiotics and other Essentials: It is important to get a good dose of Omega three oils as well as other essentials like probiotics and flavonoids that are contained in food like green and leafy vegetables, dairy products, fish and others. These elements can help in treating Atopic Eczema in a natural manner.
3. Vitamins: Eating the right food can help in removing painful symptoms to a great degree. One can turn to vitamin supplements that will supply precious Vitamin D to the body and help the skin become clear. Vitamin D can also be found in green vegetables, fish and dry fruits like figs and almonds.
4. Lifestyle Changes: There are other ways of treating this condition. One of the methods includes making lifestyle changes like using deep breathing and meditative techniques that can bring the stress level down so that the flare up does not happen and the immune system continues to function properly. Also, patients would be advised to use a cold compress every night as this is when the itching increases by leaps and bounds. The use of oat meal baths with baking soda can also help.
5. Aloe Vera Gel: The soothing and healing properties of Aloe Vera are well known. One can use the gel of this herb to bring down the painful inflammation as well.
There are various ways to deal with Atopic Eczema and hygiene is one of the top methods along with a good lifestyle.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!