Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Naresh SehgalYour feedback matters!
I had sex wid my partner before 10 days. Nd sperm did not entered. But premature ejaculation took place. I already taken unwanted 72 within 24 hours. Aftr taking unwntd didn't have bleeding. Today is 10th day aftr taking unwanted. Is I am pregnant? What should I do now?
I am not getting my period regular Some times stomach pain happen and irritation. So please tell me what should I do. And even sometimes I get chest pain also very badly. Sometimes 1 month or sometimes 2 months period skip. Please help me a good suggestion or what kind of medicine shall I take.
This yummy drink is made with curd which is excellent for digestion, cardio-vascular health, skeletal system, skin and overall immunity. It is a rich source of calcium, vitamin d.
#2. Sugarcane juice
Sugarcane pieces – 2
Ginger – a small piece
Lemon – 1
Water – 1 cup
Peel the outer layer of the sugar cane. Cut it into small pieces and put in the blender with water and ginger. Blend and extract the juice. Add sugar if required and a dash of lemon juice.
#3. Sweet lime lassi
You know how good curd is. This version of lassi has sweet lime in it.
Sweet lime contains vitamin c and it is good for digestion, ulcers, respiratory problems, immune system and is known for its anti-cancerous properties. It is also good to keep urinary infections away.
It is especially good for the summers as it helps to treat dehydration and heatstroke!
Good as an appetizer/after meal drink, solkadi is also made with kokum/sol.
There are two varieties that you can make. One with coconut milk and the other without. While making solkadi for kids, you can omit chillies so they will relish it.
#5. Minty lemonade
You must have heard of using lemon water the first thing in the morning. But they have other uses too. You know lemons are rich sources of vitamin c. It helps to strengthen the immunity, help you deal with allergies, reduce chances of stroke and cancer and increasing iron absorption. It also helps to maintain a healthy complexion.
Apart from adding freshness, mint is good for the digestive system. It helps to fight cold, cough, allergies etc.
Buttermilk is yummy and a great summer drink for your little one. Know what the best part is, you can have many varieties of this humble drink. Don’t believe me? read all about variety buttermilk recipes for toddlers and kids.
#7. Pomegranate juice
This berry packs a punch. It fights inflammation, lower blood pressure, heart diseases, joint pain, arthritis etc. It is used to combat fungal and bacterial infections. There are talks that it is good against cancer, but it hasn’t been proven yet.
#8. Easy panagam
This drink is made and offered to the lord during ram navami. But it is loaded with benefits and makes a yummy summer drink as well. You know the benefits of lemon. In this drink lemon is joined by jaggery, cardamom powder, dry ginger powder with water.
Jaggery is said to be better than sugar due to its many benefits. It is good to fight the flu and boosts the immunity. It is good for the liver and purifies the blood. It helps to treat anemia, blood pressure, joint paint, respiratory problems etc. It is also good to regulate the body temperature.
Cardamom and dry ginger powder are spices that bring in their own benefits to this yummy drink. You can add one of two leaves of tulsi to this drink
#9. Sapodilla banana shake
Bananas are rich in calories, so if you worry that your little one is not gaining weight then this shake is a great choice. Bananas coupled with yet another calorie dense ingredient in this shake makes it awesome. That is right, sapodillas or chikoos are a tasty option to gain some healthy weight.
The best thing about this drink is that kids love the sweet taste and because of that it doesn’t require any sweeteners either.
#10. Tender coconut water
This kept me going through the hot summers when I was pregnant. This contains dietary fibre, vitamins and minerals. It also contains electrolytes too making it a wonderful energy drink for summer.
Offering your child some yummy coconut juice will make him/her feel energized during the harsh summer months.
#11. Papaya date shake
Papaya in a shake might sound a bit unappealing to kids. But the ripe fruit tastes yummy and with dates for company this makes a delicious drink. Papayas contain anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals. This fruit is good for the digestive tract, immunity, arthritis, heart diseases etc.
Dates will help to keep the energy levels high. Apart from that it is good against constipation, cholesterol etc. Dates are good as it contains many vital vitamins and minerals. It is also good for patients suffering from anemia.
#12. Rose sharbat
Rose sharbat is another summer cooler that kids will love. It will help to keep your little one cool. Rose is usually not the first thought that comes to your mind when you think of health. But then this drink will change your opinion about roses.
#13. Coconut milk and chikoo shake
Did you know that coconut milk and chikoo makes a great duo? I didn’t know till I tried this yummy drink. Coconut milk is also rich in many nutrients and helps in keeping your skin and hair healthy. Apart from that coconut milk helps to make everything tasty!
#14. Cucumber watermelon cooler
Transform your normal watermelon juice by adding some cucumber juice too! you know that watermelons are mostly water. It also contains anti-oxidants, vitamins and is excellent to hydrate the body. Probably why watermelon is associated with summer.
#15. Sarsaparilla extract juice
Sarsaparilla is our very own nannari/ naruneendi. It is known to cool the body down and hence is excellent for summer.
You get nannari syrup from shops but you can easily make it at home. You can get sarsaparilla roots from shops that sell ayurvedic medicines/herbs.
#16. Kokum sharbat
Kokum (garcinia indica) is used in dishes in the goa and maharashtra belt. It helps to cure digestive ailments and keeps flatulence away. It is also an effective anti-histamine.
Kokum sharbat will help to cool you down during the worst of summers and will help in keeping you refreshed. Kids will definitely love the taste!
Tips to remember:
1. Always consume juices immediately after they are prepared. Or else they will oxidize and won’t be as good.
2. If there is any leftover juice, don’t leave it outside as it can get spoiled in the heat.
While juices are a good way to sneak some nutrients into your little one’s body, too much will cause your child to reject other food. It is true that they need a lot of fluids, but not so much that they give up eating anything solid.
3. Too much juices may also cause loosies in your little one.
4. Avoid letting your child walk around with sipper/bottles with juice. The sugar (even the naturally sweet juices) will cause their teeth to rot.
5. Make sure the fruits are washed thoroughly before you juice it.
My wife is pregnant running 4 and half months but the problem is when I intercourse white particles like curd comes out with my penis. What is this. Have any serious problem or infection in my wife vagina.
The study, which was conducted at the University of Haifa in Israel, found that nursing may lower the risk of pediatric leukemia by 14 to 19 percent. The scientists reached this conclusion by performing a meta-analysis of 18 studies that had been previously published. The subjects of each of the 18 investigations were mothers of children who had been diagnosed with leukemia and mothers of children who were healthy. They were asked questions that included whether or not they breastfed their children and their responses were compiled and compared.
The research was not designed to prove cause and effect, and these findings in no way show that failure to nurse a baby causes pediatric leukemia. However, that difference of 14 to 19 percent is significant enough to establish an association between breastfeeding and lowering a child’s risk of this disease. The scientists found that it was a minimum of six months of breastfeeding that appears to confer some type of protection.
The major weakness of this type of study is that the findings are based on recall. You might think that you would certainly remember the length of time that you nursed a child, but if you are asked about it several years later and have more than one kid, some of the details might be a little fuzzy. However, even if that is an issue, it stands to reason that most mothers can provide a fairly accurate account of whether or not they breastfed and the approximate duration.
At any rate, even if the 14 to 19 percent determined by the scientists is slightly off, the evidence still provides a link to reducing the chance of your child developing leukemia. And any potential reduction of a risk like that is something most mothers would jump at. Leukemias, which affect the bone marrow and blood, are responsible for approximately 30 percent of all pediatric cancers according to the American Cancer Society. It is the most common form of childhood cancer, and treatment typically involves chemotherapy and sometimes radiation or surgery as well.
While the research did not address exactly how breastfeeding might help prevent pediatric leukemia, the answer might lie in a 2014 study at the University of Kentucky in Lexington that showed breast milk is an effective route of transmitting antibodies from mother to baby. These antibodies serve a valuable function by quickly bringing the infant’s immune system up to speed and helping the child fight off infections. And as Jon Barron has pointed out,cancer is intimately tied to the strength of your immune system. Other research has found that breastfed babies are hospitalized less frequently than their bottle-fed counterparts, have a lower risk of sudden infant death syndrome, and have diminished rates of ear infections, diarrhea, allergies, anddiabetes.
Ultimately, to breastfeed a child or not is a matter of choice. But with so many proven health benefits to both infant and mother (breastfeeding has been shown to reduce your risk of breast and ovarian cancer as well as rheumatoid arthritis), it is hard to imagine many reasons why a woman would choose formula over nursing. Of course sometimes there are extenuating circumstances due to an adoption, inability to produce sufficient quantities of breast milk, and other issues that might preclude nursing. But any time spent breastfeeding is worthwhile for the health of both you and your little one.
Hello doctor, My wife got normal delivery in 5th month due to the cause of leaking of amniotic fluid Delivery date 16/03/2016 Do she go to aerobics and exercises now? Can we join physical relationship If not how much time we tale for this Please tell me suggestion doctor Thankyou.
I had done HCG Beta blood test on 12.12. 2015 and the report has come as negative. As well as I had done Urine test On 10.12. 2015 and its also resulted negative. But however still I haven't got period till 12.12. 2015. As my menstruation cycle date is 12.12. 2015. How to get period done? What shall I Do? Please help.
Unborn baby has dilatation pelvis 6 mm in lef kidney (swelling). I want to know if it is harmful for that baby and please suggest the best treatment to get rid of that swelling.
चुकंदर का सबसे ज़्यादा उपयोग सलाद व मिक्स जूस में किया जाता है। इसे अंग्रेज़ी में beetroot (बीटरूट) कहते हैं। इसमें मिलने वाला बीटेन नामक पदार्थ मस्तिष्क को शांत रखता है और स्नायुयों को आराम पहुंचाता है। इसमें पर्याप्त मात्रा में मिलने वाला लौह तत्व शरीर में रक्त की वृद्धि में सहायक होता है। इसके पत्तों का सब्ज़ी भी बनाई जाती है। इसलिए आज हम आपको चुकंदर के फ़ायदे बताएंगे।
आयुर्वेद का कहना है कि चुकंदर मधुर, रक्तवर्धक, विरेचक व मानसिक विकार दूर करने वाला है। यह दो प्रकार होता है- सफेद व लाल। लाल चुकंदर ज़्यादा गुणकारी है। इसके सेवन से कब्ज़, आंतों की सूजन, हृदय रोग, मासिक धर्म की बीमारियों व मुंहासों में लाभ होता है। लहसुन खाने के बाद यदि थोड़ा चुकंदर खा लिया जाए तो मुंह से लहसुन की महक नहीं आती। यदि हाथ में चुकंदर का लाल रंग लग गया है तो उसे छुड़ाने के लिए नींबू रस व नमक का प्रयोग करना चाहिए।
Chukandar – beetroot health benefits in hindi
चुकंदर के पोषक तत्व
रासायनिक विश्लेषकों के अनुसार इसमें 87.7 प्रतिशत नमी, 8.8 प्रतिशत कार्बोहाइड्रेट, 1.7 प्रतिशत प्रोटीन, 0.1 प्रतिशत वसा, 0.8 प्रतिशत खनिज तथा 0.9 प्रतिशत रेशा पाया जाता है। 100 ग्राम चुकंदर में 1 मिलीग्राम लोहा तथा 18.3 मिलीग्राम कैल्शियम व 55 मिलीग्राम फॉस्फोरस पाया जाता है। इसमें प्रचुर मात्रा में विटामिन बी काम्पलेक्स, विटामिन डी व सी भी मिलता है। चुकंदर में बीटा सायनिन भी मिलता है जो नशे के बाद होने वाले हैंग ओवर को दूर करता है। इसमें मौजूद बोरोन नामक तत्व यौन हारमोन के उत्पादन में मदद करता है। आप भी चुकंदर के फ़ायदे उठा सकते हैं।
चुकंदर के फ़ायदे
– चुकंदर के फ़ायदे की बात हो तो इसके नियमित प्रयोग प्रतिरोधक क्षमता का विकास करता है और कैंसर तथा ट्यूमर आदि की आशंकाएं निर्मूल हो जाती हैं।
– दूध पिलाने वाली महिलाओं के दूध में वृद्धि के लिए चुकंदर का नियमित सेवन लाभकारी है।
– नियमित रूप से चुकंदर का सलाद खाने से पेशाब की परेशानी दूर होती है तथा पेशाब के साथ कैल्शियम का निकलना रुक जाता है।
– चुकंदर का नियमित सेवन कब्ज़ व बवासीर आदि बीमारियों से मुक्ति दिलाता है।
– यदि नाखून सफेद हो रहे हैं, उनका रंग उड़ रहा है और वे टूट रहे हैं तो भोजन के साथ प्रतिदिन 100 ग्राम चुकंदर का सेवन करने से लाभ होता है।
– चुकंदर को पानी में उबालकर उसमें हाथ-पैर डुबोकर रखने से हाथ-पैरों का फटना बंद हो जाता है।
Chukandar beetroot juice health benefits in hindi
चुकंदर के जूस के लाभ
ताज़े चुकंदर के फ़ायदे जानने के साथ साथ आपको चुकंदर के रस के फ़ायदे भी मालूम होने चाहिए। ताकि आप इसके सेवन के लिए प्रेरित हो सकें।
– चुकंदर, गाजर, पपीता व संतरे का जूस मिलाकर दिन में दो बार पीने से ब्लड प्रेशर नियंत्रित होता है।
– एक कप चुकंदर जूस सुबह खाली पेट पीने से बार-बार गर्भपात व मासिक धर्म की अनियमिता दूर होती है।
– यदि गर्भवती महिलाएं चुकंदर, गाजर, टमाटर व सेब का जूस मिलाकर पिएं तो उनके शरीर में विटामिन ए, सी व डी तथा लोहे की कमी नहीं होने पाती। यह रक्तशोधन भी करता है।
– चुकंदर जूस या सलाद का सेवन गुर्दे के रोगों में लाभ पहुंचाता है।
– एक कप चुकंदर के जूस में एक चम्मच नींबू का रस मिलाकर पीने से पाचन शक्ति मज़बूत होती है तथा तथा उल्टी, दस्त, पेचिश व पीलिया रोग में आराम मिलता है।
– एक कप चुकंदर का जूस दिन में तीन बार पीने से शरीर में खून की कमी दूर होती है और स्मरण शक्ति बढ़ने के साथ ही मानसिक कमज़ोरी दूर होती है।
– गैस्ट्रिक अल्सर में चुकंदर के एक कप जूस में एक चम्मच नींबू का रस मिलाकर पीने से लाभ होता है।
– चुकंदर, गाजर व खीरे का जूस मिलाकर पीने से गुर्दे व गाल ब्लेडर की सफ़ाई होती है।
– कान के दर्द में चुकंदर का रस गुनगुना गर्म करके डालने से लाभ होता है।
– यदि चुकंदर व टमाटर का रस मिलाकर उसमें एक चम्मच हल्दी डालकर सेवन किया जाए तो त्वचा का रंग निखर आता है।
– चुकंदर के रस में सिरका मिलाकर लगाने से बालों से रूसी विदा हो जाती है।
चुकंदर की पत्तियों के लाभ
– यदि चुकंदर पत्तों के साथ खाया जाए तो जल्दी हज़म हो जाता है।
– मधु में चुकंदर के पत्तों का रस मिलाकर लगाने से दाद ठीक हो जाता है।
Some says that first 7 days of a cycle is safe for sex. This 7 days days is count from the 1st day of period or its count after the period is over. If we have sex just next day after period how many percent of chance to pregnancy.
If once get intimated and penetrated inside .i took I pill on the third day. But again I got intimate next day after taking tablet. and getting penetrate inside. So should I take tablet again or not?
Hello doctor, I am 23 year old and married. I have a question related to my periods. When I started having my cycle, the length is almost 45 days but after sometime and specially after marriage most of the time I got my periods in 35 days or may b 37 days but from last four months I am getting my periods very late. My last periods cycle length was 45 days and this time its about 50 days and I did not get my periods. I also did a home pregnancy test and I am not pregnant also and we are also not planning for a baby so I do not think there is a pregnancy. Can you please the reason behind this. And one more thing is that before marriage I also did a hormone test and that time my hormone level was imbalance also.
I am 30 weeks pregnant. My family and me are so very eager to have a girl. I have come to my native place. People are looking at my stomach and saying it's a boy saying I have small stomach. I am fully aware this is not legal but I think in my present stress situation I would be much better when I know the gender. If it's a girl il be happy and if it's a boy I will mould myself to stay happy so I won't go into depression later on. Please advice.
I'm 18 years old and I have food related problems. I have a habit of eating at irregular times. It have a effect on me. I can not eat anything now a days even when i'm starving. Whats the problem?
Endometriosis is a condition where the endometrial tissue lining the womb, grows outside the urethral lining. This can cause severe pelvic pain and a host of other complications, if it is not treated on time.
Here is everything you need to know about this ailment:
Symptoms: Owing to the location of this tissue and its painful protrusion through the lining or walls of the womb, one of the earliest and most painful symptoms experienced may include severe cramps and pain during the menstrual cycle. Also, the patient will experience pain in the lower abdomen region about a week before the onset of the cycle. Heavy bleeding as well as infertility may be experienced in such cases too. Sexual intercourse will also give rise to pain in the region, while discomfort will be felt during the bowel movements. Pain in the lower back will also be experienced throughout the menstruation period.
Stages: There are several stages of this disease and its progression, each of which will require a different form of treatment. These four stages usually depend on the location, size, depth and number of the endometrial implants within the body of the patient.
- Minimal Stages: In this stage, usually there will be small wounds and lesions as well as shallow implants on the ovaries. Inflammation in the pelvic cavity can also be felt in this stage.
- Mild Stage: In this stage, there will also be light lesions and shallow implants which will spread over the ovaries as well as the pelvic lining.
- Moderate Stage: In this stage, the implants will dig deeper into the ovaries and the pelvic lining, which will result in the growth of even more lesions.
- Severe Stage: As the name suggests, in this stage the patient will experience deep implants along with lesions in the bowels and the fallopian tubes.
Treatment: There are varied forms of this treatment including pain relief medication for minimal to mild stage patients. Also, hormonal therapy with the help of supplements may be prescribed. Hormonal contraceptives may also be used. In such cases, medication like Danazol, Medroxyprogesterone, Gonadotripin releasing hormone agonists, and other such elements may be prescribed. Conservative surgery and radical surgery may follow, depending on the severity of the condition. Laparoscopy is the preferred form of treatment in such cases.
A hysterectomy can be conducted as a final resort where the surgeon will remove the cervix as well as the uterus of the patient. This will make pregnancy impossible for the patient, thereafter. To stem estrogen production, the ovaries will also be removed.
One must discuss all risks and complications before going in for a certain form of treatment for this ailment.
Respected sir/ mam, my aunt has been diagnosed with a condition of endometrial hyperplasia & small uterine fibroid. She is prescribed by a doctor to take some medicines among which is Dear 21 tablet (levonorgestrel and ethinylestradiol). She took the tab for a period of 21 days and then stopped taking after which her menstruation cycle began. As she rechecked up with the doctor she was asked to restart the medications for 2 more months. From which day of periods after 3rd day shell she start the first tablet of the pack. And also if you have any better guidance regarding her problem, please suggest.
I had an abortion on 21st September then i got my first periods after that on 3 november and I am bleeding till now. It's been 12 days now? Is there any chance I am pregnant?
Although a vegetable, garlic is primarily classified as a spice and is used in many dishes across cultures. However, apart from the pungent smell which is the most known characteristic of garlic, it also has medicinal properties and thus, was even used by healers for various ailments before the advent of modern medicine.
Some of the reasons garlic is considered healthy:
Garlic is considered healthy for a multitude of reasons. Let's look at some of the ailments that garlic can prevent as well as help in healing.
- Great Against Common Cold: Garlic and garlic based homemade treatments are great ways to ward off the common cold. Garlic contains the chemical "allicin" which is known to aid health within the body. Having a few cloves or garlic can help you fight the common cold infection.
- It is Known to Improve Bone Health: Garlic is known to be very beneficial for bone health, especially in menopausal women. Women may encounter bone loss during menopause as the production of estrogen is lowered. Garlic encourages estrogen production which can stop bone loss and even protect against bone problems such as osteoarthritis.
- Is an effective agent in Lowering Blood Pressure: Hypertension is a known killer all across the world. Garlic contains polysulfides which are effective in vasodilation or the widening of the blood vessels and also relaxation of the muscles. This helps blood pressure being lowered within the body and is an effective home remedy if consumed in controlled amounts.
- Reduces Fatigue and is a Performance Enhancer: Garlic is known to reduce fatigue within people as it controls the heart rate by lowering blood pressure. Whether it is an athletic performance or other physical work related performance requirements, this spice tends to give an extra boost.
- Controls LDL Cholesterol, thereby reducing chances of Heart Disease: LDL cholesterol, also known as bad cholesterol, is controlled by allicin as it improves liver functions. The liver can then break down LDL cholesterol easily and thus also helps in preventing arteriosclerosis. Garlic is also known to prevent blood clots that lead to heart attacks.
- Garlic has anti-parasitic and anti-bacterial properties: Garlic has been known throughout the ages to be an effective anti-bacterial and anti-parasitic agent. Garlic extracts or small amounts of garlic in your diet can help you build up immunity and also kill infections within your system effectively. It is also known to be very effective against tapeworm infestations within the gut.