Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Naresh BahrgawYour feedback matters!
Sir my hair is very thin and falling. How can I stop it? is hair transplantation is good for me for covered my visible aera of my head?
On my face pimple marks are remaining from last 1year. I tried many face creams but no use. So what to do now. Please give me any suggestion.
I have used liquid minoxidil (hairouse 5%) for 4 years. The hair growth has been good. However, in the last 6 months it was causing itching and was getting irritating, and so I moved to form based minoxidil 1 month back. My Hair fall has increased a lot. Ideally I like form minoxidil coz of the comfort, however, effectiveness is the question.
Hair fall or hair loss can be a harrowing experience in a person’s life. Among many reasons, genetic or hereditary predisposition is a fairly common factor. Even if you use medicated shampoos or use trusted and proven hair care products it still may not protect your hair and may not stop hair loss or even baldness.
How genetics determine hair health?
Some of the reasons which contribute to bad hair health due to genetics are briefly discussed below.
- Weak Blood Circulation in the Scalp: Many people are genetically predisposed to have low blood circulation within the scalp. As you age, the blood supply to the hair follicles starts reducing. This may be either due to a weak scalp or muscle tightening around the skull, which is cutting of blood flow to the hair follicles. This will result in hair loss and even lead to baldness.
- DHT: DHT or Dihydrotestosterone is another reason, which can result in hair fall. It is a variant of testosterone which is created when this hormone interacts with an enzyme in different places of the body. DHT is connected to receptors present in the hair follicles as well. When your hair regrow, the new hair grows smaller than earlier. If this cycle continues, you are left with almost no hair in the long run. DHT is found in the sebum, the blood and the scalp. If you have an elevated level of scalp sebum, it means you have a high DHT level which again may trigger hair loss.
There are some precautionary measures you can take for your hair fall to stop worsening are mentioned as follows:
- Topical medications: You can use some medicated hair tonic, for topical applications. However, the effectiveness of these medications varies greatly from person to person and don’t expect miraculous results in the short run. Consult a doctor who can prescribe you specific ones according to your need.
- Oral medications: There are certain medications, which can control the level of testosterone within your body and stop or at least arrest severe hair loss. However, you should visit your doctor and may even need to go through multiple medical check us before an appropriate medication is prescribed to you.
- Food supplements: You can take food supplements, which provide amino acids and other vital nutrients to your hair follicles.
Surgical treatments, such as hair transplantation are also available as an option, which can help you cover bald patches on your scalp. However, these are expensive corrective treatments, which can be invasive and thus, you will to reconsider it carefully.
I am losing hair I tried many shampoos and treatment's for hair fall but not yet cured. Please suggest me any related products for hairfall.
My wife age 43 she is affected by eczema past two years in both of leg main finger. Some doctors told this symptoms of soriyasis can you give any treatment of this.
Hai doctor my name is harish. My hair are turning in to white I'm 21 years old how can I prevent it please suggest any medicine.
Please suggest something to increase volume and length of my hair. I have acute hairfall and grey hair problem. 38 years female.
I have a small scar in my right leg even though I have tried a lot of medicines theres no change, what should I do to cure it?
Eczema is the common term for the skin condition known as Dermatitis, which is characterized by inflammation of the skin. There are various reasons behind eczema but the most common one is allergy. The skin condition is known to be triggered by some underlying allergy. Other factors include genetics and a weak immune system. A weak immune system tends to overreact while dealing with an allergy. This overreaction leads to eczema or dermatitis.
The symptoms of eczema include redness of skin, constant itching of the affected areas, scaling and thickening of the affected area. In most cases, the itching becomes so intense that the patient continues to scratch the skin until it starts to bleed. In more extreme cases of eczema, a thick leathery covering is formed over the skin or sometimes, the affected areas start to ooze. But this happens only when the condition remains untreated for a long time, so no need to worry.
Role of Homeopathy in Curing Eczema:
In most cases of eczema or dermatitis, the patients usually go for a skin specialist, who prescribes a combination of skin ointments or creams and a course of medicines to contain the itch and treat the underlying allergy that causes the skin condition in the first place. However, such course of treatment focuses on containing the problem and making it manageable, rather than curing it completely.
Now, the homeopathic line of treatment focuses on curing the problem at its roots rather than temporarily suppressing it, only to erupt at a later date. The main cause behind the onset of eczema is an overreacting immune system. Homeopathic treatment focuses on curing the problems in the immune system by strengthening it, rather than suppressing the symptoms.
In Homeopathy, the stress is on improving the poor or the weak immune system. Allergy is the manifestation of a hyperactive immunity. Therefore instead of just treating the symptoms of the allergy, Homeopathy goes to the very basic cause of the problem and sets right the immune system. Once the immunity is in order and stops over reacting to ordinary stimuli, the allergy is cured. This is where Homeopathy has an edge over Allopathy. During Homeopathy treatment of eczema, allergy is cured by strengthening the immune system and the symptoms subside on their own. At the same time, it needs to be understood that this is purely natural eczema treatment. No steroids or anti allergic medicines are used. The immunity is strengthened by Homeopathy instead of being suppressed as happens with allopathic treatment.
Some common homeopathic medicines used to cure eczema or dermatitis include:
2. Hepar Sulph
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.