Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Narendra YadavYour feedback matters!
I have headache for a long time, when I am stressed or I have more work in hot atmosphere. I fear that I am suffering from migraine. Can you please guide me?
Sir I am suffering from backpain unable to move up nd down sometime I feel pain in my right leg also an some numbness also sensitivity of my right leg is also decreased.
Diabetic since 8 years. Blood sugar & glycogenated hb within normal limits. On sitagliptin 100mg o d, metformin 1 gm bd, glimipride 2 mg hs, methcobalamin 1500 micro gms od, pregabalin 150 mg od. I have parasthesia of soles of feet & numbness of soles since a wk. Please advise.
Sir what is maximum cost of homeo medicine per month for treatment of epilepsy decease for person aged 40 year ?
I have nerve problem which I get swollen muscles. I am 90% it is with nerve coz I have it in my whole hand. Wat shd I do?
I am 36 years, I am having a migraine headache said by a physician. The pain is so high that I can't bear so please suggest me something to get rid of this.
I have a seizures I am taking daily eption 100 mg tab twice a day but I have to Wake up early morning for my job.
My wife was diagnosed by Neuro physician that she has got some symptoms of Parkinson plus She is under going syndopa plus,HCS 400,Inderal Felicita od defcort 30 then lacilactone,and ecosprin 150 mg In bet her tremors in left hand had stopped completely but her command centre for left side was very slow and she feels she has not got that much force in her left hand or leg.Now again tremors has started slightly in left hand fingersWhich is thebest drug to relieve completely
Hello doctor. My suffering from autism from 14 years [since his birth] he is not getting any particular treatement now a days he hits everyone badly and breakes things he is very loud. Please give me some suggestions regarding this nd reply as soon as possible thnks.
My mom is 65 years old diagnosed with neuropathy, no bp, no diabetes, burning and numbness in soles of feet more in the left foot she can not walk or stand for a long time. What treatment can be taken in ayurveda or homeopathy?
Insomnia is a disorder where a person has difficulty sleeping. One can have problem falling asleep or staying asleep for long. Some people also have disturbed sleep. This can be a major problem as due to lack of sleep one feels tired and fatigued all day.
Recurring cases of insomnia hamper your daily activities and interfere with the smooth functioning of your life. Therefore, this condition should not be ignored and treated immediately.
Here are the various ways to treat insomnia:
Non-Medical (Cognitive and Behavioral treatment)
Several psychological and behavioral techniques can be used for the treatment of insomnia. Many of these methods can be easily self-taught and others require a therapist to be carried out properly.
- Relaxation training, which is also called progressive muscle relaxation involves the patient to tense and relax his muscles systematically in various parts or regions of the body. Relaxation techniques, such as breathing exercises, various forms of meditation, mindfulness and guided imagery are used for treating insomnia people. The use of audio recordings for guidance in these techniques is quite popular.
- Stimulus control enables building an association between the bedroom and sleep. This is done by limiting several kinds of activities done in a bedroom. This may include going to bed only when very sleepy and leaving bed if you cannot sleep within twenty minutes. A strict bedtime and wake up time schedule has to be maintained.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy or CBT involves changes in behavior like maintaining a strict sleep time schedule, elimination of afternoon naps and other habits related to sleep. A cognitive component is also added to this method. Unhealthy beliefs and fear regarding sleep are challenged and positive, rational thinking is encouraged. CBT is a very effective procedure for treating insomnia and the track record regarding success is high.
- Changes in lifestyle are required to treat insomnia and prevent recurrence of insomnia, you should change certain habits and start some new practices. You should limit your intake of caffeine, alcohol and nicotine. Do not consume coffee or tea before going to sleep and avoid smoking. The habits may be stimulating and will keep you awake. Your diet should be balanced. You should avoid having rich and spicy food before going to bed. Avoid late meals and maintain a proper schedule for meals. Regular exercise can improve the symptoms of insomnia and you should try to work out every day.
Medical Treatment: There are many forms of medicines, which can treat insomnia. This includes over-the-counter medicines, as well as prescribed medicines. The type of medicine required completely depends on the severity and symptoms of your insomnia and other factors related to health. Therefore, you must consult a doctor before having any kind of medicine for treating insomnia.
The most common medicines for insomnia, which are usually prescribed by doctors are benzodiazepine hypnotics, non-benzodiazepine hypnotics and melatonin receptor agonists. However, medicines should only be taken after consulting with a specialist. Insomnia not only affects your health but also interferes with all your daily activities. Proper treatment should be taken to treat the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
I am 18 yrs old and am suffering from migraine since past 3 yrs, I couldnt study and hang out due to this problem. Is ther any solution to get completely rid from this chronic migraine? If yes please do help me!
I am 42 yrs old I got tremors in my both hand when I have a feeling of anxiety fear etc I cant hold newspaper please help.
My wife aged 42 years is suffering from numbness in arms, back pain and pain in shoulders. Is this due to Gastric problems or else what ? Pl clarify , to which specialist I have to consult for her problems of numbness, pain in shoulders and back pain. Thanks in anticipation of right solution. Regards
1. I am 38 years old male working as Program Manager in an IT company. 2. I have chronic headache since my teenage. 3. Initially headache used to happen the moment I used to wake up and feel some cold sensation in head. Seemed like sinus headache. Did some sut neti and it helped. 4. Later in college it used to happen almost every evening. Severe throbbing pain, as if it’s being hammered inside. I had to sit idle, pressing my jaw pressed. Used to take disprin/crocin/dolo almost daily. 5. In 2001, Got an MRI done. Nothing came out. Have been living with headache as regular routine 6. In 2005, I had an episode of mild depression and got treated at NIMHANS. I was told that I have migraine and mild depression. 7. I was on level 10 mg for 2 years and then I left. 8. Headache continued at least 3 times a week. Oil massage and Dolo helped. 9. Got another episode of depression and anxiety in 2010 10. Continued on Subrabenz 0.25 and Feliz s 15 mg for 3 years. 11. Quit medicine with doc consultation for 2 months. 12. Started again the anxiety medicine Feliz S PLUS 13. Getting headache daily for last 5 days. I am tired with this routine and it is badly impacting my productivity at work. I need support for a structured treatment and get rid of it. Please help.
My mother went to vellore. She was also well health, after 2 days my mother does not walk. She is a nuero patients. I want to know why this happens ?
Good morning sir. Sir since few months when I try to write something I can't write properly because my hand vibrate I feel pain. So why it happen.
Epilepsy is a form of chronic disorder and it is characterized by recurrent seizures. The episodes of epileptic seizures may differ from person to person. These seizures could be a result of genetic disorder or a result of trauma or stroke. During a seizure, a patient may also experience symptoms of neurological disorders and sometimes lose consciousness.
Medical help for epilepsy
Epilepsy itself cannot be cured using medication, but proper medicines help in eliminating recurrent seizures. These medicines stabilize the electrical activity within the brain preventing seizures.
How effective is the medication for epilepsy?
The success of controlling seizures using medicines depends on the type and severity of epilepsy. Medicines for epilepsy are usually very effective and may fully keep seizures under control. However, controlling seizures caused due to brain problems may be more difficult. Usually, epilepsy medicines can control seizures for a long period of time when they are taken regularly.
When is medical help needed?
The decision about when to start medicines for epilepsy is a tricky one. This is because a first seizure cannot confirm whether a person has an on-going epilepsy problem. A second seizure may occur after many years or may not happen at all. Prediction of seizures is also quite difficult.
The severity of seizures also indicates when to start medicines for treatment. In case a first seizure is quite severe, medication should be started at once. Some people have very mild seizures even though they may be recurring in nature, and medication can be avoided in this situation. After first seizure MRI and EEG may help to know whether you have the risk of second seizure or not.
All the pros and cons must be thought over before starting medications for the treatment of epilepsy. It is advisable to wait for a second seizure and then start medications for treatment. In most cases, medication is started after a second seizure occurs, twelve months within the first seizure. You should always consult a doctor to know when you need to start taking medicines to treat the condition.
For making the most out of the medicines to control seizures, you should follow certain steps:
- You must take medications exactly as your doctor has prescribed.
- Before switching to generic versions of your medicines or before taking other prescribed medicines, you must consult your doctor.
- You should never stop taking the medicines.
- In case you experience enhanced depression, mood swings and suicidal thoughts, you should talk to your doctor immediately.
- In case you have migraine, you should let your doctor know so that he can prescribe you anti-epileptic medicines, which also prevent migraines.
Medicines cannot treat the underlying cause of epilepsy, but these help in controlling seizures and this is the most common symptom of epilepsy. Medication should be started at a proper time and must be continued without stopping. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.