Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Narendra Yadav
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Narendra YadavYour feedback matters!
Sir mein jab bhi koi heavy object uthaata hu ya fir kuch der hold karta hu toh mere hands kaampne lag jate hai. Means hands me tremor hota hai.
Hi My daughter got seizure from 2000 after medication she was alright for 1 year now suddenly she starts speaking something unrelevent and gets giddiness what is her problem. She is 17 years old.
Sir/mam, from past 2 days I am having pain in my nipples. I don't know the reason. It was 16th of July when I had last intercourse and had a 2 days delay period on 10 th aug. Which last for 7 long days. I was facing migraine problem from some days. What could be the reason of this pain. It's really annoying to have this much pain.
We have heard the label" high functioning autism"- - it basically means that the disorders are present at a higher level. And the symptoms of that disorder and co-morbids are amplified compared to the same disorder / co-morbids at the lower end - since they are spectrum disorders.
A lot of us dont know much about it, what is it exactly or its symptoms and traits and crucially how to handle it or deal with it in daily life.
There is more to it than meets the eye.
It completely affects the individual life in the following: aspects:
- Mental health
All we have seen and heard is the" behavioural" aspect of it especially challenging behaviour which is only one aspect of it. Without knowing or understanding some of the other aspects that coexist with it. Nor the
Co-morbidity of other disorders present at the same time.
N. B. Granted -some have a better understanding of it than others -
- This article gives a simple overview for everyone involved. The individual him / her self, the parent, carer, guardian and educator. To start to understand exactly what" high functioning" is, all about -.
- The additional article links within the article are also worth a read.
- Hopefully this series of post will provide us with a better understanding of" high functioning autism. And its effect on the entire life of individuals living it.
Blessed are the people who can effortlessly fall asleep, especially at night. For some people, sleep appears like a distant dream that haunts them for days. Medically known as Insomnia, the disorder can take a toll on the physical and mental health of the individual affecting their personal as well as professional life to a great extent. The sleeping disorder may be temporary (Transient Insomnia) or long-lasting (Chronic that may persist for months).
Some individuals may suffer from insomnia on and off (Intermittent Insomnia). Short-term insomnia may last for a few days or weeks and often improves on its own. Chronic insomnia needs medical attention at the earliest to avoid further aggravation and discomfort. On an average, a person needs 6-8 hours of sleep daily. In case of insomnia, a person may experience difficulties in falling asleep in spite of being tired and exhausted. Some may also not be able to enjoy a sound sleep (interrupted sleep).
Homeopathy and Insomnia
Homeopathic treatment has been a revelation in dealing with insomnia. With a holistic approach and the use of natural products and herbs, homoeopathy believes that evaluating and eliminating the underlying trigger can bring about drastic improvements in the case of insomnia. Insomnia may be an outcome of health conditions (secondary insomnia) such as diabetes, asthma, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, gastroesophageal reflux disease, Alzheimer's disease over-functioning of the thyroid. However, the trigger can be stress, anxiety, following an unhealthy sleep cycle, having the dinner late at night and retiring to bed immediately after (often termed as Primary Insomnia). The Homeopathic approach in treating insomnia involves a right mix of the homoeopathic medicines and bringing about the necessary changes in the lifestyle habits. Understanding the pattern and type is important to treat insomnia.
In the case of primary insomnia, in addition to the intake of medicines, the homoeopathic approach also emphasizes upon eliminating the lifestyle habits that triggered the sleeping disorder.
- Time and again, homeopathy has stressed that there should at least be a 3 hours gap between dinner and sleep to ensure there is a better digestion of food without any incidences of acid reflux or heartburn. Avoid heavy or spicy foods for dinner. Keep the dinner light and simple.
- Try to live a stress-free life. Meditation, yoga, exercise, listening to soft and light music, can play an instrumental role to keep the mind and the body calm and relaxed.
- A healthy sleep cycle (sleep early, wake up early) can go a long way to reduce the incidences of insomnia, especially Transient and Intermittent.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 28 years old I am unable to sleep for last 15 days whenever I go to sleep I feel numbness & stiffness in my hands and my both palms become completely white which make me unable to sleep and I feel burns on my toes kindly please give me a solution to my problem I am so frustrated.
The word epilepsy brings to mind visions of people frothing at the mouth and rolling on the ground. However, epilepsy affects each patient in a different way. This can make it hard to recognize at times. In the more serious cases of epilepsy, an epileptic attack can make a patient injure himself or develop other life threatening conditions. In rare cases, epilepsy can even cause death. Thus it becomes imperative to understand how to deal with epilepsy.
Treatment options for epilepsy can be categorized as medication, surgical procedures and dietary changes.
1. Medication: Medication for epilepsy is prescribed on the basis of the symptoms presented and the type of epilepsy the patient is suffering from. In most cases, seizures can be controlled with a single type of medication, but in others, the doctor may need to prescribe a combination of medicines to control epilepsy. These forms of medication do have side effects and hence any reactions to the medication must be immediately brought to the doctor's notice. The dosage for epilepsy medication may need to be varied with time. An epileptic patient should never discontinue medication on their own.
2. Surgery: Depending on the type of seizures and the area of the brain affected, a doctor may advise surgery in cases of severe epilepsy. Surgery can help reduce the number of seizures experienced or completely stop them. Surgery to treat epilepsy is of many types. Some of the common procedures are:
- Surgery to remove tumor of any such conditions that may be triggering the epileptic attacks
- Surgery to remove a small section of the brain from where a seizure originates. This may also be referred to as a lobectomy.
- Multiple subpial transaction or a surgery that involves making a series of cuts in the brain to prevent the seizures from spreading to other parts of the brain.
- Surgery to sever the neural connections between the right and left hemispheres of the brain.
- Surgery to remove half the brain's cortex or outer layer
3. Dietary changes: A diet rich in fats and low in carbohydrates can help reduce seizures. This is known as a ketogenic diet and aims at making the body break down fats instead of carbohydrates. It can cause a buildup of uric acid in the body and thus should be practiced only under the guidance of a dietician. In cases where epileptic attacks are triggered by malnutrition and birth defects, taking vitamin supplements can help lower the frequency of seizures. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.