Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Narendra Saraswat
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Narendra SaraswatYour feedback matters!
I have problem in my teeth, the last teeth is producing some yellow things from gum which is smelling badly since 1 month bt there is no pain only smells bed odour. I need home remedies medicine. Thank you.
I'm 21 year old female since 2 days I'm feeling extreme pain near my jaw bone & behind ears & it seems some nodes has swallow & tender tissues. Suggest me what should I do?
Mouthwashes have become a fad nowadays – some simply rinse their mouth with a mouthwash instead of brushing their teeth, the reason being lack of time. While mouthwashes are effective up to a certain extent, the question is can they replace your brush and tooth paste?
Why is Mouthwash Used?
Mouth washes are used for multiple reasons; to prevent tooth decay, freshen your breath and to minimize plaque. It is also known to reduce gingivitis (gum disease) and plaque that harden on your teeth.
In order to understand the efficacy of mouth wash better, you need to know about the ingredients it is made up of. The basic ingredients are cleansing agents, water, alcohol and flavor causing substances. Certain active ingredients are also added to mouth wash which usually vary from product to product. Some of them are:
Fluoride which prevents decay of the tooth by making it more resistant.
Antimicrobials which reduce harmful bacteria in the mouth that lead to plaque formation in the teeth.
Salts, that have astringent properties, act as deodorizers to prevent bad breath.
Substances that reduce bad breath causing compounds.
Advantages of using a Mouthwash are:
Helps in preventing gum disease: Inflammation of the gums and teeth can occur when plaque causing bacteria are present on the teeth. Mouthwashes that contain antibacterial agents help in reducing these bacteria.
Reduces cavity: Mouthwashes that contain fluoride help in reducing cavities that affect your teeth. Cavities are holes in your teeth which form when bacteria in the teeth cause plaque.
Provides relief from canker sores: Mouth wash provides relief from canker sores by reducing the amount of bacteria present on the affected area.
Prevents pregnancy complications: Certain gum diseases release harmful bacteria in the bloodstream that can stimulate early contractions. Using mouth washes provides safeguard against these bacteria, thus, in turn, protecting your baby.
Disadvantages of a Mouthwash:
May irritate canker sores: Mouthwashes which contain alcohol in high concentrations can irritate canker sores in the mouth.
A risk factor for oral cancer: Certain mouthwashes may contain ingredients which increase the risks of oral cancer. It is therefore important for you to check the ingredients before using it.
Given that the benefits outweigh the cons, using mouthwash is good for you. You should not substitute brushing or flossing with using a mouthwash, though. Rather, it should complement them. If the mouth wash contains alcohol in decent amounts, then you are good to go. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.
In a dental implant procedure, frames or metal posts are placed beneath the gums so as to enable a dentist to mount artificial teeth onto them. Post the procedure, you have to be careful about a few things.
Here's what all you need to take care of:
- Careful brushing: Only soft bristle brush needs to be used in this regard and do not pressurize the treated areas. In this case, tenderness needs to be considered so that brushing can be conducted carefully without injuring or hurting implants.
- Maintaining oral hygiene: Oral hygiene is the most important thing, and this is the reason you are advised to use any special mouthwash or any other flossing solution. This step needs to be continued for preventing the growth of unwanted infectious elements as that can ruin the implants completely. You should also carefully brush your teeth without affecting the implanted area.
- Apply ice pack: If you want to get rid of unwanted swelling and inflammation, immediately after dental implants, then nothing can be the best than homemade therapy, other than using ice packs. You should keep the ice packs just over the swollen art directly, and you can even try out this therapy multiple times in a day and will get relief instantly.
- Avoid smoking: You are not allowed to continue smoking after implants, as that can make the situation complicated, as a result, of which you might even experience dreadful consequences. You should follow different steps to completely curtail the smoking habit from your lifestyle.
- Scheduling appointments: You should meet your dentist on a frequent basis in order to make sure that everything is perfect. You can also visit your dentist in times of emergencies when you are facing tremendous pain or bleeding.