Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Narender SinghYour feedback matters!
Hello everyone, I’m Dr Meenakshi Banerjee. I’m a consultant at Max hospital and we have our own clinic at Pelvinic. Today I would like to speak on the topic of fibroids.
Fibroids is one of the most common tumours we can see in the reproductive age group basically. So, people are very afraid of this problem. It is like a tumour, whether it will cause harm or what can it have a bad effect or pregnancy, fertility, a lot of questions which arise in our minds. But I feel it is a very underestimated and unknown fact. Most of the people are not aware of the fibroids. They are generally very insignificant tumors. almost ninety nine percent of the time, the fibroid may not cause any problem, may not have problem in causing cancers or anything like that. But I feel that fibroids have most of the, patients present with the symptoms like, heavy cycles, severe pain during the cycles. If the fibroids are very bog they can have pressure symptoms down there, the lower abdominal pain and sometimes when they grow out right the size they may cause severe pain and the patient can present an emergency.
So, most of the symptoms are easily treatable by the simple management of a pain relief or a treatment to control the bleeding. But yes, when the pressure symptoms or the symptoms because of it causing the infertility should be treated and you should visit the doctor. Most of the treatment of the fibroids if they are Asymptomatic they, they might not require any treatment, just a simple conservative treatment and if they are causing a problem then it might require a removal of the fibroid itself or depending on the condition, type of fibroid, multiple number of fibroids, they can sometimes require a removal of the uterus. So, knowing the exact fact of the fibroid is very important. They can be easily diagnosed by the simplest of measure like an Ultrasound and if they multiple in number then probably an MRI will be the best to diagnose it.
The fibroids are of different types, the most common being in the muscle of the uterus which is called as an intramural and they can grow enormously in size before they can even show the symptoms. Even the subserosal fibroid which is outside the muscle of the uterus, they may remain Asymptomatic for long. The most common fibroid which can cause the problems at the earliest, even the smallest of the fibroids, the fibroids which are indenting into the cavity of the uterus and the patient can have server amount of pain, too much of bleeding during the cycle and they need attention the earliest as compared to others. So, a fibroid may have different treatment probably depending on what type of fibroid is there, the number of fibroids, the symptoms, the origin of the fibroids and probably sometime when it is indented into the cavity we might require a hysteroscopy which is a small laparsocpe like instrument which we insert inside the uterus and see whole of the cavity and whether, what amount of fibroids is indented inside. Sometimes they may require removal by the hysteroscopy itself and if they are more towards the outside, probably a laparoscopy, which is a minimal invasive type of surgery, will be the best one to treat it.
For any consultation regarding fibroids and its management and feel the right treatment is required so you should meet with the right diagnosis.
My daughter is 40 days old. She is not sleeping properly. She sleeps for hardly half n hr n then wakes up crying. She keeps on putting pressure downwards even while sleeping. She's passing urine n stools properly. She's also throwing milk our of her mouth even after burping. Kindly suggest what to do?
I have 1 year old child, he is under weight near about 2 kg from standards ,all other things are normal. Please suggest.
1 and half month baby not having motion for last 2 days and also facing gas problem. Suggest please.
World Diabetes Day is celebrated on 14 November, each year. It is the primary global awareness campaign for diabetes as it is one of the major problem of today's time. With an upsurge in the number of people suffering from diabetes, the sole aim of celebrating this day is to create awareness about this disease and suggest preventive measures to those who have not acquired it and provide tips to manage it to those who are living with it.
So, here are 15 health tips that will help you manage your diabetes effectively:
- You should quit smoking as it is very bad for diabetic patients. Smoking leads to narrowing of the blood vessels, which reduces proper blood circulation.
- You have to track your exercise patterns. Take actual notes about your exercise habits and make necessary changes based on the record.
- Eliminate fast food from your diet. Avoid eating out at restaurants and avoid taking extra salt, sugar and calories. You should cook your meals at home with light ingredients and less salt and sugar.
- Diabetes severely affects your vision and blindness is and blindness is a serious problem which may occur. Hence, get your vision checked regularly to prevent retinopathy.
- Avoid having quick coffees. Fancy cups of coffee are full of sugar, which lead to glucose and insulin fluctuation in your body.
- You must stay active and fit. This is the most important lifestyle choice for any diabetic patient. By exercising, you will maintain a good shape, your metabolism gets boosted and the insulin production increases as well.
- You should use a pedometer to calculate how much you are moving each day while exercising.
- Try to consume fruits and vegetables. By trying new vegetables and fruits, you will be able to keep your blood sugar under check and see how your body reacts.
- You must increase your amount of fibre intake. Fibre is important for diabetic patients, which keeps the digestive processes to run smoothly. Your cholesterol level decreases and blood sugar levels may reduce if you take enough fibre.
- You should chew gum as it keeps your mouth busy. It makes you crave for less food.
- You should eat on smaller plates. This is a psychological trick which makes you consume less amount of food and your sugar and calorie levels are maintained.
- Before taking any food item or eating out, gather information about them. Learn about diabetes friendly food options at restaurants and check which products you should avoid buying from the market.
- You should get your blood sugar levels checked regularly. You should check it several times a day to learn how your body responds to food.
- Circulation problems may cause issues with your feet, which may lead to a lack of sensation, cuts and scrapes. Check your feet regularly to notice changes.
- Instead of having 2,3 large meals a day, you should take several small meals throughout the day. This will keep your body’s digestive processes active thereby increasing insulin sensitivity.
My baby is 7 months old. He fell off from bed 5 days ago and from then he is not shouting that much he does before. What is the reason for that and what to do for that?
ADHD, which stands for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, is a chronic brain condition that leads to difficulty in prolonging attention on to a single thing, impulsiveness and hyperactivity. Though it mostly affects children and teenagers, it often continues into adult life as well, and can pose serious issues in adult lives - specially in maintaining jobs and relationships.
Effects of ADHD on your sex life:
- Impulsivity: If you are suffering from ADHD, it is highly probable that you are often very impulsive in nature - and are susceptible to taking a number of risky decisions, such as unprotected sex.
- Attention-deficit problems: Since your thoughts are often jumping from one thought to the other, you will find it very difficult to actually concentrate on any single job at hand. Since sex requires attention and use of judgment, distractions can prove to be detrimental to a healthy sex life.
- Hyper-sexuality: This refers to the condition of an unnaturally high sex drive. It is basically caused by the stimulation of the brain by the release of endorphins during sexual arousal, which often leads to calmness and relaxes the restlessness that is otherwise so common to ADHD patients.
- Hypo-sexuality: This is exact opposite of hypersexuality. This condition refers to an unnaturally low sex drive, where you may often lose all interest in sexual activity completely. Often, this is a product of ADHD itself, but it can also be attributed to being a side effect of a certain type of medication, especially anti-depressants.
- Other disorders: Women suffering from ADHD have been known to have difficulties in achieving orgasm, often in spite of prolonged sexual stimulation. Also, if you are suffering from ADHD, you may also tend to be hypersensitive - which implies, something that feels pleasurable to your partner, may be painful or irritating for you.
Certain suggested treatments for improving the sex lives of people suffering from ADHD are:
- Including variety in sexual activity, such as different locations, positions etc.
- Communication, which proves very beneficial in combating intimacy issues
- Prioritize, and try to stay in the moment and not zone out, if you are suffering from ADHD disorders
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
My baby is 45 days old, I want to ask after how much minimum time I start giving her other things like cerelac dal water etc, so that I will stop feeding her bcoz I hv to do job.
I am 26 year old and mother of 3. I am still breastfeeding my 1 year 8 months old baby and want to stop now. My breast became saggy, soft and sometimes wrinkled. I want to increase my breast size naturally by homeopathy and diet and also want to lift up my sagging breast. I am very depressed looking at it.
You would have noticed that your child who was so eager to help out and please you earlier is no longer responding to you that way. They must be teenagers! Don't despair.Its natural and healthy for them to break away emotionally from their parents at this age. This will help them to become well adjusted adults. Here's how you can give them their space, yet gently guide them during this phase.
1. Give children some space: Giving them a chance to establish their own identity, giving them more freedom, is essential to help them establish their own place in the world. But it doesn't mean that if your child is moving around with a bad crowd or doing drugs you don't say anything. Let them explore and experiment with things that are not very risky. Eg. Catching a bus, auto. Going out with friends to a mall, going for tuitions on their own etc.
2. Choose your battles wisely: Don't lock your horns with them over cleaning up, sleeping late, coming back 1 hour late etc. Save your enquiry for more serious matters like permanent tattoo, going out late into the night and not keeping you informed, bad company etc.
3. Invite their friends over for a meal: It helps you to see who your child is meeting with and also to send a message that you are not rejecting them outright without any valid reason. Children see it as a mark of respect and fairness when you meet and talk to their friends. Also it helps them to see how their friends talk with you. Outright rejection of friends can bring on huge aggression and antagonism.
4. Decide rules and discipline in advance: If it's a 2 parent family, then it's important for the parents to have their own discussions first and come to a common consensus about what is acceptable and what is not. What will be the consequences of not following through with what was earlier negotiated. Remember that Consequences need to be discussed with your child too and should be fair for him/her.
5. Talk to your teens about the worst case scenario: whether it's taking drugs, pre marital sex, driving rashly or running away.The kid must know the worst that could happen. Let them see movies which showcase this as they get impacted by visuals more than dry conversations.
6. Tell them that you are available: When kids start experimenting and taking risks, they can land up in sticky situations like out of pocket money, a flat tyre, friends not showing up, not getting what they expected to happen. Let them know that you are available no matter what. Give them your confidence and trust. Teach them how to think of options if stuck in a bad spot. Tell them that you will come and pick them up if they can't come back on their own.
7. Keep the communication lines open: Don't instruct or interrogate them. Talk and share with them about your own life. Even a difficult day at work. This teaches them that's it's ok to talk to you even if something has gone wrong. Don't judge them. And if they are not ready to talk just then, then let them know that you can wait and you know how it's like to have a bad day.
8. Let them feel guilty: This is a hard one for some parents who come on too quickly to protect their children from feeling guilty when they have done something wrong. If your child has hurt someone or done something wrong, then it's important that they know how to deal with guilt. It's healthy to have some guilt rather than no remorse or guilt at all. This will help the children to stay within socially acceptable behaviours and norms.
9. Be a Role Model: Your actions are more noticed than your words! Your role will be important in helping them become morally, socially and ethically grounded person. If they have a healthy role model from early childhood, then it's less likely that they will take bad decisions as a rebellious teen.
If you find this useful and want to know more, then click on private chat. Happy Parenting.
I have a girl child of 2 years 4 months. She is staying with my parents. She is a hyper active girl. For the past 3 days. She could not report the urine. What I mean to say is .previously she was repeating us when she wanted to urinate. And we will take her out/wash room. But now she could not recognize that. And pissing automatically in dress. Daily at night time. We use has to her. Day time she used to tell about urine / motion. Now also she will tell about motion but not urine. She Is not feeling any pain in vagina. Is that any bad sign or need to consult doctor. Kindly suggest.
My baby girl 4month old. After breast feeding she vomiting every tym. Why she vomited every tym. Its some serious prob?
Dear mam/sir my son is 9 months old. I am feeding him morning rice with dall evening milk bikes biscuits and night cerelac. Now I want to change night schedule shall I feed him night also food. I mean morning and night food and noon cerelac. Does it will be digested for him.
नवजात शिशु अपना अधिकतर समय सोने में व्यतीत करते हैं। इसीलिए आपके बच्चे को कुछ समय के बाद जाग जाना चाहिए, जागने पर अच्छी तरह से आहार लेना चाहिए | बच्चा संतुष्ट दिखाई दे रहा हो तो वह बिलकुल ठीक है | ये किसी गंभीर बीमारी के लक्ष्ण हो सकते हैं। यदि वह बहुत अधिक थका हुआ अथवा उनींदा नज़र आए, बहुत कम सजग दिखाई दे और आहार लेने के लिए न जागे, तो आपको अपने बच्चे को डॉक्टर के पास ले जाना चाहिए।