Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NangiaYour feedback matters!
I left smoking but cough problem generated, always have cough problem. Please give solutions and give medicine name.
I suffering form dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done?
My mother is 62 Yrs Old and a COPD, CKD and Cardiac Patient with DM II and HTN. She is Not on Dialysis suffering from Cold since last 3-4 days. Kindly suggest suitable medication or safe antibiotics.
Am 36years male and had a problem of cough with hint of blood in it from last few month and had a digital x-ray, reports are good but still has cough problem. What should I do.
I have cough problem since last month I m suffering from cold nd cuf actually I m addicted of smoking so please tell me the treatment of this how I will get rid of this how I will stop my cold and cough so it's request from you doctor to keep me inform As soon as possible nd also I m habit of spitting very much.
Hello doctor I am suffering from tonsil since past 1 year. What is the solution? Before I have used amoxciline cap 500 and amox tab for one month.
I am suffering form dry cough since 2 week and I have taken a gulfadryl cough then also I have not over come from it.
Last week I have travelled from Hyderabad to Shiridi, and again immediately from Hyderabad to Bangalore. When I was in Bangalore I had cold, cough and fever with 100.3 degrees. I have taken Ambrodil syrup and Dolopar tablet. Fever is fine now but I have severe cough since last night. Today since a hour I am getting continuous cough, anything that can be done to get my cough down. Between I have Sinusitis and I am not taking any medication for it. Please advice.
My mother is 49 years old and she suffers from chronic headaches and body pains. She is taking supplements for high blood pressure and cholesterol. She has blood sugar on a higher side but medicines provided by doctors are taken. Whenever does extra work or stressful one she suffers from extreme headaches and she also has sinus how should I get to root of the problem? Please help me.
If there is one disease which most people would definitely be affected by, it has to be the common cough and cold. It is not without reason that it is called “common cold.” When we look back though, common cold and cough was not so common. It is evident that it has become common due to the lifestyle and environmental changes and can be managed again by looking at how it used to be managed earlier.
Ayurveda believes that health is determined by the balance between the tridoshas in the body, namely vata, pitta, and kapha. Common cough and cold are caused by an imbalance between all 3 components. The type of cough, phlegm, congestion, etc., will vary depending on which dosha is predominant. People who repeatedly have attacks of common cold would be delighted to know there are remedies which are commonly available and can keep these attacks at bay. Read on to know more.
- Garlgling with salted lukewarm water soothes the throat and helps in relieving cough.
- Taking a combination of honey, lemon, and lukewarm water 3 times a day is very effective in preventing common cold.
- Drinking warm liquids like herbal teas and clear vegetable soups with garlic added soothes the throat and also provides antioxidant benefits against cold and cough.
- Boil some handful of tulsi leaves in a litre of water, strain and drink it through the day to get rid of cough and cold.
- Eating onion dipped in honey also can prevent chronic cough and cold.
- Boiling tulsi seeds and ginger in water and drinking this after straining also helps the throat.
- Drinking juice of betel leaves is another natural remedy.
- Add some salt to mustard oil and rub it on the nose and throat to get immediate relief.
- Similarly, a mixture of curd, sugar, and black pepper powder provides relief from cough and congestion.
- A mixture of cinnamon, honey, and pepper also helps people with cough and cold.
- Add a small quantity of asafetida (hing) to a glass of warm water and feel the relief in the lungs and throat.
- Boil water with jaggery and coriander seeds, strain and drink twice a day.
- A mixture of ginger and milk can be used in concentrated form to be instilled in the nose.
- A mixture of fennel seeds and clove powder mixed with honey provides great relief.
- Inhale the vapour of ladies finger from water in which it was boiled. This relieves throat infections and dry cough.
In addition, Ayurveda has specific yogasanas like jal neti, sutra neti, kapalbhati and setubandha, which are aimed at clearing out nasal and airway passages. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.