Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nandini SharmaYour feedback matters!
We are married since last 8months, and stayed together for 4months only and had sex regularly only because we both are in different places now but no pregnancy found. By next month we will again start staying together so please advise what type of diet should We include to have good sex life and how can I get pregnant? Also advise how many days we should have sex and when to stop for getting pregnant? What precaution should we take after having sex. Please guide I feel shy to ask this to any Dr. on personal visit. So please guide me properly.
Aches and pains are ailments that affect one and all at some point or the other. The myriad quick heal methods like pain killers and hot cold packs might accord temporary relief, but they aren't really effective in terms of curing the root of the problem. All these bodily pains are related to some innate illness and these painkillers merely provide superficial respite. Thus, a large number of people are growingly looking at alternative therapies, which not only remedy the pain, but also help in fighting the source of the disease.
Acupuncture for the longest time has occupied the imagination of many as a viable alternative to the harrowing mainstream clinical procedures. Integral to the ancient medicinal practises of the orient, acupuncture is replete with palliative properties and has been known to benefit a phenomenal number of people enduring serious distresses.
It is a natural way to stimulate the health boosting properties we are imbued with. The philosophy behind acupuncture endorses the fact that your bodies are hardwired to deal with any ailment from within. Acupuncture simply enhances such in- built defences and enables you to lead a healthier life. While you may be skeptical of the long drawn process that acupuncture involves, the benefits are many. Amongst other things it reduces your dependence on drugs, which is indeed an important aspect to consider. It generally involves gently pricking the pressure points of your body with sterilized needles and relying of the healing powers of your latent heat pressure.
It is especially effective in curing the following pains:
- Osteoarthritis: Acupuncture enhances the bone immunity and abates the joint pains immensely.
- Chronic headaches: Acupuncture relieves the stress on your cranial nerves and soothes the headaches that are caused by it.
- Menstrual Cramps: Menstrual cramps are caused by the contractions in the uterine muscles during the periods. Acupuncture hugely palliates such traumas.
During my 32 week pregnancy USS, a single loop cord was detected around foetus neck. What are the complications that could arise? Is there any danger? Is C section preferred in such cases?
Hello Doctor, am 15 weeks pregnant now, am not able to eat anything for last few weeks, didn't know why its happen, also I don't like foods, sply fruit. Please tell me any side effects will create for my baby due to this reason, and tell me some suggestions, I don't have vomiting and others, but my stomach will always like bolted, its very hard to digestion.
Hi doctor; Suddenly increase in hips size n breast size n figure size of girl is due to sex? Or it should be any other reasons?
I am 26 years female and I am unmarried I am not having my period from last 2 months and also gaining weight.
M 22years old. From 16 years onwards I was suffering from pcod . . I have taken too much alopathy treatment BT no more benefit. Now from last 4 months I didn't get menses . m too much tens . day by day d problem get bigger . . so plzz help me to overcome irregular menses. .suggest natural remedy.
My wife had a cyst in uterus with size of 5.6cms. We are planing to remove the cyst and also to do family planning.
Dr. sir/ mam am trying to conceive after three months. From now shall I take two folic acid tablets per day in morning and evening? Orelse when it will be effective?
Our immune system does a great job of keeping us healthy and preventing infections. However, we need to support it with the right foods so it works better and in turn helps us in the process.
Garlic – This grandmother’s ally has immense infection fighting ability. Being a natural detoxicant, unlike with antibiotics there are no side effects. It protects our body against bacterial and viral infections. The three powerful compounds (allicin, ajoene and thiosulfinates) contained in it helps the body prevent and fight infections.
Ginger – Spicing up your meals with ginger is a great way for boosting your immune system naturally. It helps to cleanse the lymphatic system and prevent the accumulation of toxins in our body organs. The quickest way to incorporate ginger in your diet is to add finely chopped ginger to boiled water, let it steep for 2-3 minutes. Strain out ginger and sip good health. Sprinkle dried ginger into any salad dressing or add finely chopped pieces to soups.
Turmeric – Curcumin, the active ingredient present in turmeric, is anti-viral and anti-fungal. Whenever you use turmeric, add black pepper also to the recipe. This will increase your body’s absorption of turmeric significantly.
Basil (Tulsi) – It contains a wide range of essential oils rich in phenolic compounds that gives it the immune boosting properties. It stimulates liver cells to increase the appetite. Also, gives relief from cirrhosis and other infections of the liver.
Oregano (dried ajwain) – Doesn’t that pizza or garlic bread always taste better when this Italian herb is sprinkled over them? At least, I love it that way! Rosmarinic acid, which is a strong antioxidant found in oregano supports immune system health. It also has compounds that inhibits inflammation. Studies have shown it to be beneficial for conditions including osteoporosis and arteriosclerosis. You can garnish your omelettes with oregano. Oregano also goes great with sautéed mushrooms and onions too.
Barley – Loaded with beta-glucan which is a special fiber compound that has powerful antioxidant properties, you must consume this regularly. Barley water is known to be good for kidneys and also to treat arthritis and rheumatic diseases. It speeds wound healing and is thought to make antibiotics more effective. It reduces swelling in the body and helps cure Urinary tract infection.Boil barley until soft, strain the extract; add lemon or orange flavor and little bit of sugar if needed. You can refrigerate it and drink a glass daily.
Rebuild your immune system by adding these natural superfoods daily in rotation. Adding these disease-fighting punch is the secret to a healthy family.
I have a question for a sexologist. My wife has no interest in sex. She neither like foreplay nor sex. She is afraid of sex. Though we have one son. But facing very big problem in our family life due to her lack of interest in sex after pregnancy. She has no interest in sex. She is afraid of sex. She is so afraid that if I touch her vagina than too she is afraid. She doesn't allow to touch her body. please suggest some medicine for her excitement and our good healthy and family life.
my periods are okay but i am not getting pregnent sice 3 months i used femilon tablets after advise of doctor is that is problem
My period got delayed by week so my doctor gave me duphaston for 5 days morning and evening. My period started on day one (17th. Its 25th today and I still have light bleeding. I usually have only 3 heavy days. This is 8 days and it's not gone. Is it because of the medicine?
Dear Sir/Madam, I am pregnant it is about 1 month, so I would like to know more about deit for my baby good brain(means good intelectual,inteligent), which type of food need I to eat?
I am having a problem in my menstrual cycle from last 2 years and I have thyroid I have gain 10 kg please suggest.
My wife is 24 year old. We got married 2 yrs ago. Some days ago an ovarian Cystic Lesion was found in my wife. But after medication and complication of her period, she had a test and found that No cyst is no more and test report is ok. Doctor prescribed me DRONIS-31 for 3 months. Is this medicine related with Cyst? What actually DRONIS-30 is for? Please answer.
Artificial insemination is a form of artificial fertility procedure. This procedure enables a couple to conceive a child. This procedure is mainly used in cases when the male partner has a low sperm count or is impotent. Single women who do not have a partner too can undergo this procedure to have a child. The process of artificial insemination involves the placing of sperm into the uterus of a woman, during the ovulation period.
Although artificial insemination is an effective procedure for conceiving a child, it also causes several side effects on the body and health.
Here are the several risks and side effects of artificial insemination:
- Infections are likely after having an artificial insemination done and infections are likely in a large percentage of women who undergo this procedure.
- Allergies can also possibly develop to any component of the seminal lavage, although they are not very common.
- Immune reactions can also occur, which involve the creation of antisperm antibodies among women who undergo this fertility procedure.
- Pain is felt by some women during the process of artificial insemination, and discomfort is also experienced when the catheter gets inserted in the cervix for transportation of sperm.
Risks regarding ovarian stimulation
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome or OHSS may occur as a side effect of artificial insemination. This disorder makes the ovaries feel pain as they become swollen.
- Multiple births is another severe side effect of this procedure. It usually occurs in 12 to 30% of women undergoing artificial insemination. It is more likely in young women having more than five ovarian follicles, which are quite large. This occurs when the woman is inseminated with more than thirty million sperms.
Artificial insemination has several side effects, which may cause complications in pregnancy. They are as follows:
- Miscarriage can occur in women who undergo artificial insemination and occurs in 20% of all artificial insemination cases. The miscarriage is usually caused during the early phase of the pregnancy.
- Ectopic pregnancy is another side effect of artificial insemination involving pregnancy complications. Around 4/100 of women who undergo artificial insemination suffer from ectopic pregnancy. The rate of ectopic pregnancy in natural insemination is much lesser.
Artificial insemination is a successful process of conceiving a child. This procedure is utilized by single women and women whose partners are not capable of producing sufficient sperms. However, the process is associated with several side effects and risks.
The theory behind the anti-calorie diet is that they contain a negligible amount of calories. The body spends more calories in digesting them than their combined calorie value of the diet. Whether or not it is a true statement, it is pretty evident that the following food items have scant calorie value and will not even put a dent in your daily diet:
- Celery: A hundred grams serving of celery contains 16 calories. The water content of this food is close to 90 percent. The stringy covering only holds the water content inside. As such the body spends much more energy in digesting this food. Celery, therefore, is a perfect definition of anti-calorie food.
- Cabbage: Cabbage is a great vegetable that helps in preventing cardiovascular diseases and cancer. The count of calorie is extremely less in cabbage. The body can digest it without any additional effort. It’s filling nature addresses hunger while making sure that the body digests it easily. It is estimated that 100 grams of cabbage contain only 20 calories.
- Cucumber: Cucumber has close to 95 percent of water content. Being light weight and less filling, this food can be consumed until one is full. This is perhaps the reason why cucumber finds a place in almost every salad along with other low-calorie fruits and vegetables. 100 grams of cucumber contains mere 16 calories, making it the ideal anti-calorie food.
- Mushroom: Mushrooms are a great replacement for high-calorie foods. A mere 22 calories in a 100-gram serving makes them an ideal item to be a part of the anti-calorie diet. The fungi presents in mushrooms are not only good for health, but is extremely light weight. It can be consumed along with other food items as a side dish or in the form of soup.
- Watermelon: Despite its sweet nature, watermelon has a surprisingly low-calorie count. Apart from being extremely light weight, watermelon can be easily digested and has antioxidant properties. A 100 gram serving of watermelon has only 30 calories. This, however, should not be taken daily, if you are very health conscious.
- Tomatoes: The red tomatoes are one of the healthiest foods that are easily available. It can prevent serious diseases such as cancer and heart blockages. A calorie count of 17 makes it a great fruit to be included in the anti-calorie diet.
- Lemons: Although lemon has a calorie count of 30, it can be included in the anti-calorie diet to ensure a different flavor in your diet. It can be consumed in the form of juice to finish your meal or start a day. Its vitamin C content is extremely beneficial for the body.