Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nandini Sharma
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nandini SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hi i am 23 years old married before 8months I got menses jan 8 then checked pregnancy test in home I got positive result after that last month 21st feb got miscarriage at the time came to know I have pcod problem doctors suggested me to take mcbm-69 tablet and plan after one month for baby its not a big issue for next pregnancy but now almost one month completed still did not get menses. I dont know whats the issues please suggest me what I have to do next.
I am suffering from white discharge from vagina last 3yrs. It is as like adhesive and daily discharge in little qty. Please suggest me any medicine.
My period is running. I want having sex with my boy friend by man force cap protection? So is it risk any infection? We take protection. Please help me.
I have done my test by the pregnancy test kit and it came positive. But want to go for an abortion now and got to know about the medicine i. E combipack of mifepristone and misoprostol. So, I would like to know is it safe for taking the pill? will it affect in any future pregnancy? also would like to know about the dosage of this medicine. Thank you.
I am 27 years old women. I just marred in 25th nov. My period starting date is 13th in a month but today 15th but no activity like that.
The sexual health of a human being depends on various factors. These may include the physiological make up of the individual as well as the emotional well being and finally also, the physical health of the person. Ailments, illnesses and diseases can have a huge bearing on the sexual health of an individual, and a cancer patient is no different. Cancer can have a profound effect on one's sexual health:
- Sexual Dysfunction: There are various kinds of cancer and cancer treatments that can suck the energy out of the patient. This also affects the sexual drive and health of the patient. Sexual dysfunction is a common by product of many such treatments, with at least 50% women patients suffering from the same, after breast and cervical cancer.
- Surgery: This is a factor that has a high relation with the sex drive of the patient. Any surgery that is related to cancer usually takes a toll on the body, and leads to a diminishing interest in various areas like food, and sex.
- Tumour: The size and location of the tumour has a major effect on the way a person behaves sexually after treatment and surgery. The tumour decides the severity and aftermath of the treatment and surgery, as well as the amount of tissue that is eventually removed. This can affect the performance and interest of a person in terms of sex.
- Chemotherapy: This kind of therapy and treatment as well as a lot of radiation can lead to side effects like nausea, vomiting, loose motions, dizzy spells, weight loss or gain, and even loss of hair. All these factors greatly affect the person's self image and self esteem which in turn have a bearing on how the person reacts sexually. Most men and women do not have the energy or the drive for sexual intercourse after chemotherapy.
- Prostate Cancer: Getting an erection and achieving ejaculation becomes quite a challenge with this kind of cancer because of the location of the prostate gland where the tumour is generally located.
- Hormones: While the hormones get altered during the treatment and also due to the hormonal treatment that is a part of the therapy followed for cancer patients, the psychological impact and the sexual disinterest is apparent in the patients as well.
My friend had a sex with his boyfriend n they dont had used the precautions n now the periods are not on the time But they are confirmed about the sperm is not released inside so can you please tell me any solution for it.
Ayurveda (pronounced i-yer-vay-da) is a rich and holistic nature based medical system designed to prevent disease, promote health, and unlock the potential for living beings to thrive. It is the oldest surviving medical system in the world, dating back over 5, 000 years to ancient india. “ayurveda” is derived from the sanskrit words “ayus” (life) and “ved” (wisdom). Ayurvedic medicine is a complete system because is rooted in all 4 dimensions of health: physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. One of the main premises of ayurveda is that each person has a unique constitution of doshas, or elemental vital bioenergies, known as vata (air and space), pitta (fire and water), and kapha (earth and water). By assessing a person’s unique combination of these elements, we can help determine their individual physical and mental characteristics and detect imbalances that may be contributing to disease. Using this information, we can customize a plan to optimize the patient's health and well being so they can reach their highest potential. The sister science to yoga, ayurveda teaches us how to live in balance with nature, and learn how to be at peace with ourselves so we can then reflect that happiness and abundance to those around us.
Click here to receive free recipes, seasonal recommendations, home remedies and more!
-the 3 doshas- vata, pitta and kapha
Have you ever wondered why each person is so unique?
- Some people just look at a slice of cake and gain a pound while others can eat mountains of food and stay as thin as a rail. Why do some people have excessive anxiety and fear while others trend towards anger and irritability? ayurveda answers these questions with the concept of the three doshas: vata, pitta, and kapha. The doshas are biological energies that control all of the functions in the body and have a powerful effect on the mind. They are comprised of the five basic elements and their individual properties. Vata is composed of air and space, pitta of fire and water, and kapha of earth and water.
- Ayurveda is based on the premise that we are all born with a unique constitution comprised of these five elements, and that constitution will remain the same throughout our entire lives. Although our basic constitution does not change, the three doshas are in a constant state of flux. For example, a person living a chaotic lifestyle who is constantly on the move, eating too much cold, dry and raw food, drinking coffee and not sleeping enough will eventually experience an increase in vata dosha (air and space). If this intensive diet and lifestyle is maintained for some time, the person will eventually develop certain symptoms that are associated with an excess of air and space in the body. In the beginning, symptoms may be mild such as constipation, anxiety or pain in the body. However, if the imbalance is not addressed by altering the diet and lifestyle to bring the body back to a state of equilibrium, more advanced excess-vata-related diseases may occur such as osteoporosis or parkinson's disease.
- The best way to keep your body properly nourished and balanced is to know your basic constitution, and your current imbalances so you can eat, drink, sleep and exercise to best suit your needs. There are tests and quizzes available online that can help to give you a basic idea of any current imbalances. However, in order to get a true assessment, it is best to make an appointment with a well trained ayurvedic practitioner because there are many factors in the diagnostic process that a computerized test cannot determine.