Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Nand SwarupYour feedback matters!
My 4 year old daughter is suffering from intense pain due to cavities in 2 of her molar teeth .What to do
Sir my teeth are of little pale colour. Im using hydrogen as mouthwash for one minute before brushing. Can you tell me some treatment to get white teeth?
I am 23 years old, and I am suffering from gums bleeding from last so many years (approx 7-8 years). My teeth are also yellow in color.
What are the causes for root canal? I have root canal n my daughter too is having it. She has zigzag teeth, n doc says its bcz of haphazard manner of tooth she got it, is it so?
What time will it take for orthodontist treatment for my forward teeth and can braces be used at the age of twenty and what will it cost.
Hi I have yellow tooth. I brush every day with Colgate paste but also it is being yellow and my friends and family are making fun of me Bcz of that even my mother. What should I do to get white tooth? Help me.
Root Canal Treatment
Dear friends, I’m Dr. Pankaj Dhawan. I’m a trained Prosthodontist and Implantologist. I’m practicing in Vasant Kunj, New Delhi. Today, I’m going to teach you something about root canal treatment.
Our teeth are very precious to us, they are very important for us because we break our food with the help of our teeth. We would not be able to get nutrition from the teeth if we do not break the food in suto. That’s why the teeth play a very important role in mastication and breakage of the food to get the nutrition to the body.
Today, I’m going to tell you about root canal treatment and how to preserve the teeth. Over a period of time, because of constant use and not keeping proper hygiene, teeth do accumulate little bit of plaque and calculus around them. These are nothing but colonies of bacteria. These bacterial colonies secrete acid at night and this acid attack the calcified structure of the tooth. These cause decalcification of the teeth. This decalcification of the teeth causes the denaturing of the teeth and when this bacterial invasion goes little deeper into the teeth, we have dental cavities, we have dental caries. Dental caries is a microbial infestation of the teeth. When dental caries reaches the pulve or you may say in common words the nerve and the blood vessels of the teeth then, they cause immense pain and the pain of teeth is always unbearable.
Most of our patients in our country access dentist when they are having severe pain and extreme tenderness, therein, we have to do nothing but root canal treatment to save the teeth. Root canal treatment is a mummification of the teeth or in other words, trying to preserve the teeth without taking the juice out of the teeth. What we do is, we take the nerves and blood vessels out of the teeth, and put an inert material like Gutta Percha inside the teeth to preserve the teeth so that the teeth can function normally for rest of the time.
In metros, the root canal treatment can cost approximately 5000 Rs per teeth. In a root canal treatment the infected nerves and blood vessels are taken out with the help of rotary endodontics or hand endodontic instruments and then they are debrided, clean and all the materials which are inside are totally thoroughly clean and then, there are inert materials, used to seal the root canals of the tooth. After the sealing, the tooth is definitely needs to be capped. The capping of the teeth is important because tooth becomes brittle after root canal treatment and the cost of the cap in metro cities would be from 5000 Rs. to 15000 Rs. depending on the material used so, you may say a root canal treatment with the cap can cost you anytime between 10,000 to 15000 rupees for one teeth. It is always better to prevent the root canal by regular cleaning, visiting you dentist every six months and getting scaling and polishing done for the teeth.
For root canal treatment and crown therapy, if you need any further query, or if you need any further knowledge please feel free to contact me on the Lybrate platform.
I want to know about oil pulling. Is it good for oral health? Which oil is very useful in oil pulling. Is mustard oil is good or not for oral health. Can you help help me.
My daughter is having severe teething pain since last five nights. She can't even sleep. Yesterday I took her to child specialist. He advised clenora gel for 3 days and fenceta plus for a day. Last nite she slept for 2-3 hours again pain started. Pls suggest are these medicines harmful for her health or not. Should I continue fenceta plus for more days. And one more thing when I put gel on her gum she cries a lot a bites me hardly. I don't know how to handle her teething pain. Suggest some foods also as she is rejecting everything except milk.
I had removed the upper teeth sometimes back and now some times bad odour is coming from there just like peep type and please tell me which medicine should be taken as I am far away from doctor and rest is ok.
Sir mere dant me bahut problem he mere sare dant ki chamdi nikal gay he matlb jese sir ke bal gir te he usi tarha meri sari chamdi niche utar gay he kafi dant ke bichme jaga ho gyi hai.
I am 50 year male. Mere dant ghees gaye hai, khana danton ki bich phus jata hai. Kabhi kabhi gums main bhee phus jata hai. Kaya karu.
I have lot of blister/sore in mouth. This is done in my mouth one month in 3 time. What should I do?
Cosmetic dentistry primarily involves improving a person's smile and facial appearance. It could involve the teeth, gums, cheeks, lips, or the bite of the patient. Accordingly, a change can be produced in the color, position, size or shape of the teeth, alignment of the teeth, contouring of the smile, etc. The end result is always a better facial appearance and improved confidence level of the patient.
Some common examples of cosmetic dentistry include:
- Teeth whitening: There are very few people who are happy with the color of their teeth. Everybody wants whiter teeth and therefore go for options like bleaching. This can be done either in the dental office or done at home. A word of caution though - go for teeth whitening only after the consultation with a dentist.
- Veneers, crowns: Just as the color of the teeth, the shape of the teeth also leaves a lot to be desired for almost everybody. Veneers are applied on the teeth after removing a thin layer of tooth structure. Minor reshaping and contouring of the tooth can also be done, especially to improve appearance in the front teeth.
- Tooth contouring/shaping: The edges of the teeth can be smoothened by mere shaping or contouring. There is no extra material that is added to the tooth here. In some cases, a thin layer of resin may be bonded to the tooth if required.
- Bridges: In cases the adjacent teeth shape, size, or color mismatch, then bridges can be done to even out the difference and produce a more corrected appearance.
- Braces: Braces are a big hit as they help correct misaligned teeth. However, the next step with invisible braces and ceramic braces is another step towards moving away from the traditional metal braces, which itself was not cosmetically received.
- Onlays and Inlays: Improper tooth shapes can be corrected with parts of the teeth that either replace only a small decayed portion or the entire crown portion to produce a more pleasing effect.
- Implants: Though fixed bridges do a very good job at replacing lost teeth, implants go to the next level in terms of the aesthetic replacement.
- Gingivoplasty: In cases where the gums have black spots, are too short, or are too long, the gums can be shaped to provide a better teeth visibility. The gums can also be sculpted to produce a more appealing gum line that shows off the teeth to give a more harmonious smile.
- Bite correction: In addition to braces, in some cases, bite correction may be required to smoothen out a sharp cusp or reduce the prominence of the canine.
With a number of corrections possible, cosmetic dentistry is here to stay - just as the drive to look good.
Hi, I am 19 year old who is studying for engineering. My problem is rather simple one one. My lower jaw of mouth is somewhat protruded out leading to imbalance between upper lips and lower one. It does not look good. Can it be fixed using surgery.
Various causes of sensitivity in teeth include:
1. Forceful brushing of teeth – it is the most common cause of tooth sensitivity. It causes thinning of the protective layer on our teeth that is enamel. Enamel protects our teeth against insult from food or fluids we take. Loss of enamel leads to sensitivity of teeth
• Gentle brushing of teeth
• Use soft bristle brush
• Change brush after 3- 6 months ( as the bristles wear away)
• Use little toothpaste ( toothpaste has abrasive particles which causes
wear away of enamel)
• Do brushing in up-down movement
2. Tooth decay – caries in tooth leads to tooth sensitivity. Caries remove the protective enamel layer exposing dentine layer to food and fluids. Dentine carries nerves which causes sensitivity
Remedy: Treatment involves removal of tooth decay and placement of
protective barrier on dentine that is a filling material
3. Old tooth fillings – over a period of time fillings may crack or break or get removed which leads to sensitivity.
Remedy: Change of filling in tooth
4. Exposed tooth roots- as a result of aggressive tooth brushing, gum recession and gum disease. It causes tooth sensitivity.
• Use soft bristle brush
• Visit your dentist for gum disease treatment
5. Plaque and calculus - the purpose of brushing is to remove plaque that forms after eating food. An excessive build-up of plaque can cause your enamel to wear away. Again, your teeth can become more sensitive as they lose their enamel protection.
Remedy: The solution is to practice good daily dental care and visit your
dentist for cleanings every six months.
6. Habit of eating acidic foods -fruits like lemon, sweet lime, pickles and tomato juice contains acid which can dissolve enamel of teeth. Frequent use of acidic food causes tooth sensitivity.
7. Habit of tooth-grinding – grinding also cause tooth sensitivity due to loss of enamel.
Tooth sensitivity is treatable. You must have seen toothpaste made for sensitive teeth. However, toothpaste can only help limited no. of patient’s suffering from tooth sensitivity.
If your sensitivity is extreme and persists no matter what you do, please visit your dentist for an oral examination. Visit to dental specialist can determine the most likely cause of your tooth sensitivity and the best solution for your particular condition. I Hope this article will help you.